Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,484 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Barbaric Tradition In 21st Century - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Barbaric Tradition In 21st Century (2949 Views)

Continuous Detention Of Dasuki, Kanu, Others Wicked, Barbaric – Fani Kayode / Rivers Rerun: Violence, Killings Barbaric, Unacceptable – PMB / Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe's Campaign In 60s Vs Dr. Goodluck In 21st Century (see Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barbaric Tradition In 21st Century by mentorandfriend(m): 12:06pm On Aug 14, 2015
seunmsg:

And people like you already believed this trash. Shm! The whole Abobaku story is false. Initially, it was just a joke but it seems some of you are hell-bent on making it look real. Ife has no Abobaku and nobody will be buried with the late king.
Your post is contrary to what your brethren above have concured with. You think you can dismiss a hefty issue like this that way?
Though if it's not true, better. Lobatan!
I can now eat my breakfast in peace if what you said is anything to go by.
Re: Barbaric Tradition In 21st Century by mentorandfriend(m): 12:12pm On Aug 14, 2015
redsun:
Odikwa serious! I thought this was a folk story, but it looks like it is beginning to make sense. Of course they will be charge for murder if they go ahead with the barbaric act and to make sure they don't do,the police must witness the burial, because in the heat of the moment they just cast the unfortunate guy aside and quietly use another unfortunate victim that nobody will know about.

I am a core traditionalist but these kind of traditions are mistakes if the past and should be left with the dead. It is inhuman, it is barbaric and unthinkable for 21st century human.
True talk!
Re: Barbaric Tradition In 21st Century by mentorandfriend(m): 12:15pm On Aug 14, 2015
omowolewa:
Haha! Why would you bring up this kind of discussion without confirmation?!
Why raising false alarm?

I couldnt eat this morning, and because my mind couldnt bear it, I brought it here for confirmation. I'm aware that there are Yoruba forumites here who are conversant with their own traditions.
Chill bro!

1 Like

Re: Barbaric Tradition In 21st Century by mentorandfriend(m): 9:01pm On Aug 15, 2015
So its true. Just saw this on daily times now. Lalasticlala and Ishilove wouldnt give this the attention it deserves so we know the essence of this tradition from our south western forumites.
http://dailytimes.com.ng/letter-to-aboba-ku-of-ife/
Re: Barbaric Tradition In 21st Century by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 2:22pm On Jan 18, 2016
mentorandfriend:
Hmmmm!!!

I don't even know what to say again
Sir, the story is most probably false and the picture is without doubt false. The pictures are from a clip on YouTube of a tribe in Ethiopia that drinks milk and blood for fattening, for some 'the most handsome(fat)' kind of competition. You can check the clip on YouTube. I watched it sometimes ago. This is long overdue though.

I'd like to send you a PM too but Nairaland is faulty or something.
Re: Barbaric Tradition In 21st Century by mentorandfriend(m): 3:23pm On Jan 18, 2016
RoyalPriesthuud:
Sir, the story is most probably false and the picture is without doubt false. The pictures are from a clip on YouTube of a tribe in Ethiopia that drinks milk and blood for fattening, for some 'the most handsome(fat)' kind of competition. You can check the clip on YouTube. I watched it sometimes ago. This is long overdue though.

I'd like to send you a PM too but Nairaland is faulty or something.
Thank God it was false after all. I've seen your pm. Will reply shortly.
Re: Barbaric Tradition In 21st Century by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 7:19pm On Jan 18, 2016
mentorandfriend:
Thank God it was false after all. I've seen your pm. Will reply shortly.
Oh Thanks. I didn't know the PM was successful. I just changed my email address now. I don't know if you've replied already. Can you please reach me on oladamilare24@gmail.com instead?

1 Like

Re: Barbaric Tradition In 21st Century by mentorandfriend(m): 8:05pm On Jan 18, 2016
RoyalPriesthuud:
Oh Thanks. I didn't know the PM was successful. I just changed my email address now. I don't know if you've replied already. Can you please reach me on oladamilare24@gmail.com instead?
I will.
Re: Barbaric Tradition In 21st Century by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 9:59pm On Jan 18, 2016
mentorandfriend:
I will.
Thanks a lot.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Femi Adesina Pays Tribute To His Elder Sister Who Died Last Boxing Day / Kwankwaso Is Overrated / IPOB Defy Military Warning to Rally For Election Boycott (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.