Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,815 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:49 PM

Barbaric Tradition In 21st Century - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Barbaric Tradition In 21st Century (2919 Views)

Continuous Detention Of Dasuki, Kanu, Others Wicked, Barbaric – Fani Kayode / Rivers Rerun: Violence, Killings Barbaric, Unacceptable – PMB / Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe's Campaign In 60s Vs Dr. Goodluck In 21st Century (see Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Barbaric Tradition In 21st Century by mentorandfriend(m): 7:32am On Aug 14, 2015
Lol... Why running away from his god given duty when He knows from day one, what fate awaits any Abobaku according to their inhumane tradition?

*Ugoo Steve Anarado* wrote;

BARBARIC TRADITION IN 21ST CENTURY?

The picture of the unclad young man you are looking at below is the man who was according to Yoruba tradition of Ife chosen to be buried alive with the late Ooni of Ife on Friday,15th of August. The Abobaku as they are called in Yoruba escaped yesterday from where he was kept,and was recaptured in Ondo state yesterday afternoon.

This young man will be buried alive with the dead Oba for no fault of his but for stupid tradition and I am wondering what the police authority in Nigeria are doing?

Where are the great Pastors doting the nukes and crannies of Yorubaland? Where are the human rights activists in Nigeria? How can we allow this barbaric and stupid inhuman tradition in 2015?

We at the Amnesty International condemn this senseless man's inhumanity to man in the strongest terms and call on Nigerian Authority to stop the Ife traditionalists from carrying out this wicked act!

*Ugo Steve Anarado*

Re: Barbaric Tradition In 21st Century by Nobody: 7:36am On Aug 14, 2015
Very annoying.
Re: Barbaric Tradition In 21st Century by deadZONE: 7:37am On Aug 14, 2015
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Barbaric Tradition In 21st Century by benedictnsi(m): 7:40am On Aug 14, 2015
Nawah oo but @Op go copy the source come na
Re: Barbaric Tradition In 21st Century by Selwin256(m): 7:43am On Aug 14, 2015
Dumb fellows
Re: Barbaric Tradition In 21st Century by Iddiot(m): 7:46am On Aug 14, 2015
Selwin256:
Dumb fellows
giv us sauce ...I wan eat eat rice jareh
Re: Barbaric Tradition In 21st Century by mentorandfriend(m): 7:46am On Aug 14, 2015
dearpreye:
Very annoying.
I couldnt concentrate since this morning when my friend put it up on facebook. What kind of tradition is this in 21st century?
Re: Barbaric Tradition In 21st Century by Iddiot(m): 7:46am On Aug 14, 2015
Re: Barbaric Tradition In 21st Century by Nobody: 7:51am On Aug 14, 2015
Are these things real Meanwhile, He ought to have regected the post ab initio, now he has taken all the good sides and priviledges of the position, its not wrong if he faces the otherwise. Only if he is able to proof that he was forced to assume the position.
God dey shaa.
Re: Barbaric Tradition In 21st Century by mentorandfriend(m): 7:56am On Aug 14, 2015
Iddiot:

No sauce for this bitter pill this morning. My friend just pasted it on facebook, and I copied it to this place, to hear the reaction of our Yoruba forumites if this tradition is actually true. Are they serious? In 21st Century Nigeria?
Re: Barbaric Tradition In 21st Century by Iddiot(m): 8:00am On Aug 14, 2015
mentorandfriend:
No sauce for this bitter pill this morning. My friend just pasted it on facebook, and I copied it to this place, to hear the reaction of our Yoruba forumites if this tradition is actually true. Are they serious? In 21st Century Nigeria?

ok....wait for them
Re: Barbaric Tradition In 21st Century by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 14, 2015
He must die jhoor. Look at his tummy? WhEn he was busy enjoying all the benefits? Now they needed him the most he wants to back out. God punish devil.
Re: Barbaric Tradition In 21st Century by mentorandfriend(m): 8:10am On Aug 14, 2015
Tydies:
He must die jhoor. Look at his tummy? WhEn he was busy enjoying all the benefits? Now they needed him the most he wants to back out. God punish devil.
So the tradition is true, right? It's not a cooked up story?
Wow!!!
Re: Barbaric Tradition In 21st Century by coputa(m): 8:31am On Aug 14, 2015
A tradition of taking the live of fellow human,is this not murder. don't we have laws in this country. If they must bury somebody with him,then,one of his child should be used.funny enough, they claim to be educated, what an irony.

3 Likes

Re: Barbaric Tradition In 21st Century by socialmediaman: 8:35am On Aug 14, 2015
Is this for real?

1 Like

Re: Barbaric Tradition In 21st Century by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 14, 2015
Africans generally, and Nigerians in particular, have this disgusting and annoying attitude of holding onto primitive and backward, barbaric traditions even when events of the days imply such wicked traditions have never furthered their progress and development as a people.

Traditions are supposed to further the peace, progress and welfare and development of a people. And where such traditions are no longer do that, they should be discarded forthwith.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barbaric Tradition In 21st Century by wecan: 8:47am On Aug 14, 2015
This is a murder case. The whole Yoruba people should be sent to life imprisonment if they kill this innocent man.

4 Likes

Re: Barbaric Tradition In 21st Century by OfBiafra: 9:20am On Aug 14, 2015
I am not fond of commenting on matters that do not directly advance the Biafran course, but I humbly implore caution from other commentators on their choice of words concerning this sensitive matter.

The use of words like barbaric or primitive when referring to traditions held dear by fellow citizens of this colonial shame called Nigeria is not only disrespectful but extremely condescending to the people of that culture.

I do not agree with the tradition but we can all respectfully bring our points across without adopting the arrogance and language of our colonisers when addressing such controversial cultures.

Please enlightened us on where Nigeria"s laws are contravened by the proposed action, if at all.

As for me, dissolving Nigeria is paramount to harmonising these sort of contradictions which are a result of our vastly different cultures and world views.

OfBiafra
Re: Barbaric Tradition In 21st Century by taiocol: 9:54am On Aug 14, 2015
There Tradition and culture must be preserved.

Take or Leave it.
Re: Barbaric Tradition In 21st Century by taiocol: 9:54am On Aug 14, 2015

Take or Leave it.
Re: Barbaric Tradition In 21st Century by ifyan(m): 10:11am On Aug 14, 2015
mentorandfriend:
Lol... Why running away from his god given duty when He knows from day one, what fate awaits any Abobaku according to their inhumane tradition?

The picture of the unclad young man you are looking at below is the man who was according to Yoruba tradition of Ife chosen to be buried alive with the late Ooni of Ife on Friday,15th of August. The Abobaku as they are called in Yoruba escaped yesterday from where he was kept,and was recaptured in Ondo state yesterday afternoon.

This young man will be buried alive with the dead Oba for no fault of his but for stupid tradition and I am wondering what the police authority in Nigeria are doing?

Where are the great Pastors doting the nukes and crannies of Yorubaland? Where are the human rights activists in Nigeria? How can we allow this barbaric and stupid inhuman tradition in 2015?

We at the Amnesty International condemn this senseless man's inhumanity to man in the strongest terms and call on Nigerian Authority to stop the Ife traditionalists from carrying out this wicked act!

*Ugo Steve Anarado*

OP you are a big liar,stop propagating wrong information to the general public.

That picture is a photo of a man in somewhere Ethopia or Eritrea for a competition that involved walking a long distance unclad. Mind you thay are many others like him

1 Like

Re: Barbaric Tradition In 21st Century by mentorandfriend(m): 10:32am On Aug 14, 2015
ifyan:

OP you are a big liar,stop propagating wrong information to the general public.

That picture is a photo of a man in somewhere Ethopia or Eritrea for a competition that involved walking a long distance unclad. Mind you thay are many others like him
No need for insults yet please. I didnt make that up. Just copied and pasted what a friend of mine, who is Yoruba by the way shared this morning on facebook.
I asked a question: Is it true?
Please desist from insulting my person. It's an advice.
Re: Barbaric Tradition In 21st Century by mentorandfriend(m): 10:35am On Aug 14, 2015
taiocol:

Take or Leave it.
Please I have an aversion to burying a live human being just because someone else died in his due time. It sends chills down my whole body.
Re: Barbaric Tradition In 21st Century by ifyan(m): 10:39am On Aug 14, 2015
mentorandfriend:
No need for insults yet please. I didnt make that up. Just copied and pasted what a friend of mine, who is Yoruba by the way shared this morning on facebook.

With due respect I never insulted you
Re: Barbaric Tradition In 21st Century by mentorandfriend(m): 10:42am On Aug 14, 2015
ifyan:

With due respect I never insulted you
Thought you said I'm a big liar? It was not even my opinion up there. I was just expressing shock at what I saw on facebook. Nothing more.
But its alright. Cheers, and have a great day ahead.
Re: Barbaric Tradition In 21st Century by taiocol: 10:42am On Aug 14, 2015
ABOBAKU MUST FULFIL HIS CAMPAIGN PROMISES.
You were elected many years ago as Abobaku and you took
an oath of office. You enjoyed all the entitlements of your
office with the promise that any day Ooni of Ife died, you will
be burried with him. Now the Ooni of Ife is dead and you
quickly impeached yourself from the office of and ran away.
Haba Abobaku come back and fufil your campaign promises.
According to Yoruba tradition, a king does not die alone and
his burial rites include being buried with other people. An
Abobaku lives his life for the king and is buried alongside the monarch. In the authentic tradition, just as there is a lineage that becomes king, there is also always a family dedicated to the ancient belief of dying with the king. - Jerry D. Ishaya
Re: Barbaric Tradition In 21st Century by mentorandfriend(m): 10:45am On Aug 14, 2015
taiocol:
ABOBAKU MUST FULFIL HIS CAMPAIGN PROMISES.
You were elected many years ago as Abobaku and you took
an oath of office. You enjoyed all the entitlements of your
office with the promise that any day Ooni of Ife died, you will
be burried with him. Now the Ooni of Ife is dead and you
quickly impeached yourself from the office of and ran away.
Haba Abobaku come back and fufil your campaign promises.
According to Yoruba tradition, a king does not die alone and
his burial rites include being buried with other people. An
Abobaku lives his life for the king and is buried alongside the monarch. In the authentic tradition, just as there is a lineage that becomes king, there is also always a family dedicated to the ancient belief of dying with the king. - Jerry D. Ishaya
Hmmmm!!!

I don't even know what to say again
Re: Barbaric Tradition In 21st Century by seunmsg(m): 10:46am On Aug 14, 2015
dearpreye:
Very annoying.

And people like you already believed this trash. Shm! The whole Abobaku story is false. Initially, it was just a joke but it seems some of you are hell-bent on making it look real. Ife has no Abobaku and nobody will be buried with the late king.
Re: Barbaric Tradition In 21st Century by ifyan(m): 10:49am On Aug 14, 2015
mentorandfriend:
Thought you said I'm a big liar? It was not even my opinion up there. I was just expressing shock at what I saw on facebook. Nothing more.
But its alright. Cheers, and have a great day ahead.

You are welcome

1 Like

Re: Barbaric Tradition In 21st Century by Nobody: 10:49am On Aug 14, 2015
seunmsg:

And people like you already believed this trash. Shm! The whole Abobaku story is false. Initially, it was just a joke but it seems some of you are hell-bent on making it look real. Ife has no Abobaku and nobody will be buried with the late king.

Well, thanks for pointing that out. A friend of mine from that same axis confirmed it yesterday.
Re: Barbaric Tradition In 21st Century by omowolewa: 10:56am On Aug 14, 2015
Haha! Why would you bring up this kind of discussion without confirmation?!
Why raising false alarm?

mentorandfriend:
This young man will be buried alive with the dead Oba for no fault of his but for stupid tradition and I am wondering what the police authority in Nigeria are doing?[/colo[quote author=mentorandfriend post=36938751]Lol... Why running away from his god given duty when He knows from day one, what fate awaits any Abobaku according to their inhumane tradition?
*Ugoo Steve Anarado* wrote;[quote author=mentorandfriend post=36938751]Lol... Why running away from his god given duty when He knows from day one, what fate awaits any Abobaku according to their inhumane tradition?
[color=#990000]This young man will be buried alive with the dead Oba for no fault of his but for stupid tradition and I am wondering what the police authority in Nigeria are doing?

*Ugo Steve Anarado*

mentorandfriend:
Re: Barbaric Tradition In 21st Century by redsun(m): 11:20am On Aug 14, 2015
Odikwa serious! I thought this was a folk story, but it looks like it is beginning to make sense. Of course they will be charge for murder if they go ahead with the barbaric act and to make sure they don't do,the police must witness the burial, because in the heat of the moment they just cast the unfortunate guy aside and quietly use another unfortunate victim that nobody will know about.

I am a core traditionalist but these kind of traditions are mistakes if the past and should be left with the dead. It is inhuman, it is barbaric and unthinkable for 21st century human.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What A Driver Was Caught Doing To A Tanker Laden With Fuel..photos / Senator Godswill Akpabio Defects To Ibrahim Magu’s Camp / Bola Tinubu And The Buhari Gamble-charles Ogbu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.