Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? (10944 Views)

Banks’ Borrowing From Cbn Rises By 52% In One Week / Foreign Loan: Why Can't CBN Print The $5.5bn Instead Of Borrowing? / Nigeria Worst Place To Do Business; 169th In The World Ranking— World Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by BE811APP: 7:12am On Apr 26, 2016
Hardly Possible..

Thats a FACT

Even Dangote started with borrowed cash

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by Olukologia(m): 7:13am On Apr 26, 2016
But U must have a certain personal capital. That borrowed one will complement the ur personal own. Otedola started wit his capital later a bank loaned him

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by ramselly(m): 7:13am On Apr 26, 2016
Mbkite:
Can one do real business without borrowing? I decided to bring this topic to Nairaland family because a lot has been said about it. It has raised lots of arguments without any reasonable conclusion.
I want to hear your view on this.

Cc: Lalasticlala

YES BRO ITS VERY POSSIBLE, I STARTED MY BUSINESS WITH JUST 1 LAPTOP, I PRINTER AND I PASS MY NEIGHBOUR GENERATOR IN 2012 WHILE I WAS STILL IN SCHOOL AND AS AT TODAY I OWN A CAFE AND A MIKANO LISTER THAT EVEN SUPPLY LIGHT TO OTHER PEOPLE. IT SOLELY DEPENDS ON THE BUSINESS YOU WANNA VENTURE INTO AND YOUR DETERMINATION. GOODLUCK.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by Nobody: 7:17am On Apr 26, 2016
yes it really possible depending on the size of the business, note no large volume of business that will not require loan.
Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by surrogatesng: 7:19am On Apr 26, 2016
knowledge is the foundation of all business not money
Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by Felrouz: 7:20am On Apr 26, 2016
Atlantian:
Yes, but the growth will be arithmetic proportion if it survives the risk tenure. You need at least 2 years of survival with incremental profiteering ratio before you can totally be considered de-risked. But if you desire geometric growth, borrowing is the compelling option after being de-risked.
Now your answer is more confusing than the question self..
Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by 4C2215131: 7:22am On Apr 26, 2016
Mbkite:
Can one do real business without borrowing? I decided to bring this topic to Nairaland family because a lot has been said about it. It has raised lots of arguments without any reasonable conclusion.

Want some real growth and expansion in your business? Call the Money Lender.

How you utilise the borrowed fund will determine if the business grows or if you'll end up running back to your village in an effort to hide from the Money Lender.
Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by obowunmi(m): 7:25am On Apr 26, 2016
Never.

You need to borrow to grow.
Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by Nobody: 7:28am On Apr 26, 2016
You can do business without borrowing. It's high time people realise everything is not about money. Land, layout nko?
Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by Pranxta(m): 7:30am On Apr 26, 2016
Ofcourse now, its just like saying every football bet being placed there was a winning without no loss
Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by Eeroh95(m): 7:38am On Apr 26, 2016
I hate it when you know the answer but still ask questions
Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by harmless(m): 7:41am On Apr 26, 2016
What a stupid question

Mbkite:

Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by ayamAgenius: 7:43am On Apr 26, 2016
It depends on the nature and size of business...

Make I buy oil block with the potential of generating hundreds of thousand barrels per day.... na d whole bank in Nigeria go wan borrow me money to produce from that field...
Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by rheether(f): 7:44am On Apr 26, 2016
If you want to do business and you want to grow from strength to strength, you must borrow.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by ayamAgenius: 7:45am On Apr 26, 2016
harmless:
What a stupid question

What a reckless response from a harmless question... undecided
Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by CaptainKodak(m): 7:46am On Apr 26, 2016
Yes,provided ur Dangote's kid
Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by rheether(f): 7:46am On Apr 26, 2016
ramselly:

YES BRO ITS VERY POSSIBLE, I STARTED MY BUSINESS WITH JUST 1 LAPTOP, I PRINTER AND I PASS MY NEIGHBOUR GENERATOR IN 2012 WHILE I WAS STILL IN SCHOOL AND AS AT TODAY I OWN A CAFE AND A MIKANO LISTER THAT EVEN SUPPLY LIGHT TO OTHER PEOPLE. IT SOLELY DEPENDS ON THE BUSINESS YOU WANNA VENTURE INTO AND YOUR DETERMINATION. GOODLUCK.

And you didn't borrow even from your family? borrowing mustn't be done at the bank.
Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by xzibukz(m): 7:49am On Apr 26, 2016
I invested about 2million, I had to borrow 7k for d completion on the project, practically, it's not possible to do business without borrowing

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by Tribunal005(m): 7:53am On Apr 26, 2016
As a guru in business section u cannot invest in business without borrowing unless u don't want to grow

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by akanniade10(m): 8:06am On Apr 26, 2016
rheether:

And you didn't borrow even from your family? borrowing mustn't be done at the bank.

U dey mind am undecided. Too many lies on this forum

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by BackMeUp: 8:19am On Apr 26, 2016
If it is a Yes or No question, the answer is Yes.
If it is not a Yes or No question, it depends on so many factors
Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by Krismart(m): 8:29am On Apr 26, 2016
It depends on the size of business. If you really want to grow fast within a limited period, then u NEED loan that's if you have the experience and enterprise to handle it otherwise u will crumble. Even Dangote, the Richest black man still borrow to fund some projects, have u asked yourself why?
Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by mokset123: 8:30am On Apr 26, 2016
You could partner with one who would provide conterpart funding of your project, as an alternative to outright borrowing

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by Krismart(m): 8:31am On Apr 26, 2016
CaptainKodak:
Yes,provided ur Dangote's kid
Even Dangote borrow
Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by wacuc0: 8:49am On Apr 26, 2016
For small scale business you can do that, but when a business has to go corporate, there is no option than to have a loan to boost your financial base. This can come from the shareholders or directors most times from the bank. It might not be called borrowing as per say rather loan with collateral. Borrowing in the normal sense does not go with a collateral, it is most times an understanding between two or more people. When planing a big time business, there is no limit to the growth and to achieve that, you need to have no limit to finance and the only way is loan facilities. For a small scale, the growth depends on how much you have.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by Lexusgs430: 8:50am On Apr 26, 2016
Borrowing or loan, indirectly translates to sharing the risks.
Some financial organisations, would jointly do business with individuals or enterprises. They would share the rewards or losses!!!!!!
NB: Why have cardiac arrest or drink champagne alone?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by cmecproblem(m): 9:19am On Apr 26, 2016
It is possible to do business without borrowing, but most times you will just remain average or below average in your business field. Expanding a business requires alot if funds, it will be good to borrow sufficient funds to expand your business and make more profits. Now borrowing can be from any source- the bank, wealthy family members. If you ask me, i will say borrow for the expansion of a good business.
Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by cmecproblem(m): 9:23am On Apr 26, 2016
Eeroh95:
I hate it when you know the answer but still ask questions

It's different knowing one answer and hearing from other people to get different views.
Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by PureWays(m): 9:25am On Apr 26, 2016
amtaken:
100% possible eg I can sell any of my lands to raise capital and start any business of my choice. Se o tigbo?
What if you couldn't get a buyer for the land in time and you needed the money for an urgent transaction?
Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by chetaraph(m): 9:36am On Apr 26, 2016
It all depends on the profitability of the business. If it's a profitable business i.e returns is greater than cost of debt... Borrowing is even better than using ur full capital especially when tax is involved.
Re: Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? by HardMirror(m): 9:43am On Apr 26, 2016
Mbkite:

Are u saying it's impossible to do business running in millions of naira without taking loans? what has happened to growing your capital?
That is reality. NO BIG BUSINESS EXISTS THAT DID NOT USE LOANS. FACT even facebook had to use loans a lot before becoming successful. Used face book as example because you would expect it to grow itself since it was a hit even from the very beginning. Why do you think dangote is taking loans? Google secrets of the super rich on youtube and watch the video.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

6 Ways To Derive More Value From Your Money / Banks Embark On Strike In Port-Harcourt City. / Very Important Note To All Payoneer Account Holders To Avoid Delay Of Payment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.