Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,674 members, 7,823,909 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Is The Marriage Fake When This Happens - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is The Marriage Fake When This Happens (2906 Views)

Can The Marriage Last? (disturbing Photo) / Man Forced Into An Arranged Marriage At 24 Shares How He Ends The Marriage / Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Marriage Fake When This Happens by gabbytabby: 3:05am On Aug 15, 2015
Is not often that I get lost for words on what to say.

Man marries lady and years down the line she discovers that from the marriage certificate to current documentation her husband has consistently used a fake signature on anything he does with her different from his usual signature that he uses in his own passport, drivers licence, health or social insurance.

What do you make of this and does it make the marriage fake?

I initially did not believe it and asked to see marriage certificate and 2 other husband ID.
Re: Is The Marriage Fake When This Happens by Mbkite(m): 3:51am On Aug 15, 2015
Find out d reason behind that
Re: Is The Marriage Fake When This Happens by gabbytabby: 3:55am On Aug 15, 2015
Apparently he claims he has two signatures but who does that and how can that be.
Re: Is The Marriage Fake When This Happens by Mbkite(m): 4:05am On Aug 15, 2015
No cause 4 alarm. You need not to be afraid. Just be prayerful.
Re: Is The Marriage Fake When This Happens by delishpot: 4:32am On Aug 15, 2015
Make she sha be careful with that man o.

1 Like

Re: Is The Marriage Fake When This Happens by ifekemmie(f): 5:34am On Aug 15, 2015
D man is a fraudster
Re: Is The Marriage Fake When This Happens by tpiander: 6:10am On Aug 15, 2015
oh boy, here we go again.

single males are refusing to marry, therefore, all the winches are examining married men. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Is The Marriage Fake When This Happens by Cutehector(m): 7:24am On Aug 15, 2015
Ur marriage is faked.....
Re: Is The Marriage Fake When This Happens by taryour(f): 8:19am On Aug 15, 2015
gabbytabby:

Man marries lady and years down the line she discovers that from the marriage certificate to current documentation her husband has consistently used a fake signature on anything he does with her different from his usual signature that he uses in his own passport, drivers licence, health or social insurance.

I initially did not believe it and asked to see marriage certificate and 2 other husband ID.

This is absurd. Never heard this before, this is like the worst criminal act have ever heard. That marriage is not only fake,that woman is single and needs to find her bearing. I wunt be surprised if the man has his real wife hidden somewhere.

Wetin I dey type sef This life sha.
Re: Is The Marriage Fake When This Happens by edwife(f): 8:49am On Aug 15, 2015
It is definitely shady but i don't think you are in danger yet.

You do have wedding pictures and video footage and witnesses during the ceremony,please make sure you gather all that,they are also good evidence.
Make a copy of the other documents who have different signatures and keep them.And i will advice you stop doing things together for now,until you sort this out.

Did you confront him and try to find out why he did that?

2 Likes

Re: Is The Marriage Fake When This Happens by funlord(m): 9:25am On Aug 15, 2015
grin
That your marriage ehn, na made in ABA!

1 Like

Re: Is The Marriage Fake When This Happens by mutter(f): 9:33am On Aug 15, 2015
The marriage is certainly not fake and neither is the signature forged. It is his own signature and that can be proved easily today.

I would be curious to know in which country this takes place.
In some countries for instance you can have a signature comprising of anything but when you want to sign certain important documents you need to sign with your surname. I had to sign a document once they wanted my signature to comprise of my surname and first name shocked
Now this is a signature I have never used before.

However the reason he is doing this is even more important than what he has done. She needs to find out the reason and also reassess the marriage.
Re: Is The Marriage Fake When This Happens by 5minsmadness: 2:35pm On Aug 15, 2015
gabbytabby:

You are freaking out unnecessarily. Communicate and find out why he did this.

All my documents from pri school to uni is signed with a different signature than from my employment downwards. Probably going to be the same with marriage certificate. It wasn't conscious. I just changed it one day. Both are recognised and I sign the old one for my drivers licence and banks and the new one for my job and other documents.

Confront him and find out why he does it. A lot of people have become enemies through assumption.
Re: Is The Marriage Fake When This Happens by gabbytabby: 3:31pm On Aug 15, 2015
5minsmadness:

You are freaking out unnecessarily. Communicate and find out why he did this.

All my documents from pri school to uni is signed with a different signature than from my employment downwards. Probably going to be the same with marriage certificate. It wasn't conscious. I just changed it one day. Both are recognised and I sign the old one for my drivers licence and banks and the new one for my job and other documents.

Confront him and find out why he does it. A lot of people have become enemies through assumption.

We have spoken to the husband and all he could say is that he has 2 signatures end of story. All of the documentation that are solely his is in his usual signature but anything he does with the wife be it joint bank account is in another signature. The husbands passport was after the marriage such that it is not a case of he changed his signature and he maintained his usual signature for that.

Obviously there are stresses in the marriage already quarrelling, the lady complaining that he is putting pressure on her to take out life insurance etc.

I promise to speak with her tomorrow and I still do not know what to say.
Re: Is The Marriage Fake When This Happens by gabbytabby: 3:34pm On Aug 15, 2015
edwife:
It is definitely shady but i don't think you are in danger yet.

You do have wedding pictures and video footage and witnesses during the ceremony,please make sure you gather all that,they are also good evidence.
Make a copy of the other documents who have different signatures and keep them.And i will advice you stop doing things together for now,until you sort this out.

Did you confront him and try to find out why he did that?

It is abroad so they did apply for a marriage licence and all .
Re: Is The Marriage Fake When This Happens by 5minsmadness: 6:12pm On Aug 15, 2015
gabbytabby:

We have spoken to the husband and all he could say is that he has 2 signatures end of story. All of the documentation that are solely his is in his usual signature but anything he does with the wife be it joint bank account is in another signature. The husbands passport was after the marriage such that it is not a case of he changed his signature and he maintained his usual signature for that.

Obviously there are stresses in the marriage already quarrelling, the lady complaining that he is putting pressure on her to take out life insurance etc.

I promise to speak with her tomorrow and I still do not know what to say.

If you are renewing your passport it is the same signature you used before that they will require you to use again. Probably he got the passport before getting married.

Secondly,I dont get what the problem is. He signed with a different signature , but its his own recognised signature, recognised by the various institutions he is using. He has a seperate signature he uses with his wife, so? what's the problem there?

All marriages, ALL marriages have quarrel. Unless there is something more you are not saying.
Re: Is The Marriage Fake When This Happens by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 15, 2015
Lol...what a wise man..safe guarding his future,fortunes and assets...this so called modern women cannot be trusted..same thing with me I use two signatures,and am never gonna use my private signature that I use to control my asset and wealth to sign any other stuffs...

Free the man abeg ,he owes you no explanation

2 Likes

Re: Is The Marriage Fake When This Happens by armyofone(m): 6:47pm On Aug 15, 2015
Never take life insurance because your spouse asked you to. Do this on your own but if he made you take out one, then put your kids or some research college as people who should benefit.

2 Likes

Re: Is The Marriage Fake When This Happens by gabbytabby: 7:18pm On Aug 15, 2015
5minsmadness:

If you are renewing your passport it is the same signature you used before that they will require you to use again. Probably he got the passport before getting married.

Secondly,I dont get what the problem is. He signed with a different signature , but its his own recognised signature, recognised by the various institutions he is using. He has a seperate signature he uses with his wife, so? what's the problem there?

All marriages, ALL marriages have quarrel. Unless there is something more you are not saying.

I guess you understand this in your world hence it's usual to you. Thanks for the comments we live and learn each day.

1 Like

Re: Is The Marriage Fake When This Happens by 5minsmadness: 7:21pm On Aug 15, 2015
gabbytabby:

I guess you understand this in your would hence it's usual to you. Thanks for the comments we live and learn each day.

ok.
No hard feelings pls.
Re: Is The Marriage Fake When This Happens by gabbytabby: 7:24pm On Aug 15, 2015
kevinberry:
Lol...what a wise man..safe guarding his future,fortunes and assets...this so called modern women cannot be trusted..same thing with me I use two signatures,and am never gonna use my private signature that I use to control my asset and wealth to sign any other stuffs...

Free the man abeg ,he owes you no explanation

This would have been my suspicion but she earns three times his salary so should I tell her to safeguard her assets.

1 Like

Re: Is The Marriage Fake When This Happens by gabbytabby: 7:26pm On Aug 15, 2015
5minsmadness:

It's a first passport
Re: Is The Marriage Fake When This Happens by cococandy(f): 7:33pm On Aug 15, 2015
Why is he putting pressure on her to take out a life insurance?
This is all shades of shady if you ask me.

If she does take out a life insurance, her kids should be the beneficiaries. No one who forces you to take out a life insurance and make them beneficiaries means well for you.

Much less when he has a special signature that he only uses when dealing with you.

Make she shine her eyes well well well.

1 Like

Re: Is The Marriage Fake When This Happens by gabbytabby: 7:41pm On Aug 15, 2015
cococandy:
Why is he putting pressure on her to take out a life insurance?
This is all shades of shady if you ask me.

If she does take out a life insurance, her kids should be the beneficiaries. No one who forces you to take out a life insurance and make them beneficiaries means well for you.

Much less when he has a special signature that he only uses when dealing with you.

Make she shine her eyes well well well.

They do not have children and she is staying with him knowing his problem in this area. In her words she is all in and does not understand him being shady with her.
Re: Is The Marriage Fake When This Happens by cococandy(f): 7:48pm On Aug 15, 2015
gabbytabby:

They do not have children and she is staying with him knowing his problem in this area. In her words she is all in and does not understand him being shady with her.

His problem?

Anyway she has no reason to take out a life insurance. She should stand her ground.
Re: Is The Marriage Fake When This Happens by 5minsmadness: 7:51pm On Aug 15, 2015
gabbytabby:

It's a first passport

Ok.

I still dont get it though. Are you afraid he will suddenly deny having the signature or what? cos it will never hold in court, all those joint documents he signed with whatever signature still has his details and passport photographs so its not as if he can deny them. I dont think there is anything to be afraid of.
Re: Is The Marriage Fake When This Happens by gabbytabby: 8:34pm On Aug 15, 2015
The angle she is coming at it is more as a trust issue . Should she trust someone who acts like this.

We both find it absurd and question his motivation. In a marriage where they do all things together should she start checking to make sure that when he says things are in joint names they really are, what else is he hiding from her since she was unaware of this.

In a marriage where things are kept seperate one might wonder about this but be less concerned.

I guess she can find out from the relevant department what effect if any this has on the legality of her marriage.

I have not come across this situation such that knowing that some people do this was useful even though it confirms my thinking about their motivation
Re: Is The Marriage Fake When This Happens by gabbytabby: 1:39am On Aug 16, 2015
tpiander:
Your thread doesnt make sense.

It's okay if you don't understand it. The responses so far have been quite helpful.

Thanks

5 Likes

Re: Is The Marriage Fake When This Happens by LaRoyalHighness(f): 6:29am On Aug 16, 2015
Your marriage is very valid... Were you married according to the act or by tradition?You gave your consent, and you guys are of marriageable age,your parents gave theirs too, bride price was paid, he took you home after the wedding ceremony, you guys have consummated the somthing. Right? If yes.. How can the marriage become invalid 'fake'because of signature. Naaaaaa!
Re: Is The Marriage Fake When This Happens by focus7: 5:06pm On Aug 16, 2015
Your husband is fake, he has some evil plans on his sleeve.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Gender Do You Prefer Your Kids To Have? / . / Please How Do I Recover My Money After A Failed Pos Transaction??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.