Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,488 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? (72377 Views)

Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. / / Is The Marriage Fake When This Happens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Nobody: 2:24am On Jan 24, 2016
Hello everyone. I have a question and was hoping you could shed me some light in a matter. I am in America. I went to Nigeria in 2011 and married my husband. I petition for him in 2012 and he arrived to America in 2013. Three months later he left. He is here in America, just not with me. He just left once he received his social security number, his permanent visa and a job in two months of being here. I haven't heard from him nor seen him again. I been wondering for a long time if my marriage to him is valid. In the marriage license it says it expired in 2013. I don't understand that.

Was our marriage set up or arranged to be temporary? I don't really understand Nigerian law or customs concerning marriage. (I am not Nigerian) I know my husband was rushing me to get him here before that expiration date. I am very confused. I also went to the office of public records here in America and they couldn't find any marital records of me and my husband, nothing. On the back of my marriage license issued in Nigeria, there is a website of marriage records, I entered my name and his name and didn't find anything. It just says no records found. Am I married to him or was it all fake? Can you please help me find out? I'd appreciate it. Even if it was all a scam, I still have Nigeria in my heart and will never have anything against Nigeria and Nigerians. Just my husband. Thank you in advance.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Miami11: 4:03am On Jan 24, 2016
You were used to ferry him to US, he is probably gotten what he wanted and gone forever.
What is written there does not matter his actions after arrival are what matters
Count yourself single and learn from this experience

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by okirewaju(f): 7:01am On Jan 24, 2016
Lawa lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Nobody: 8:27am On Jan 24, 2016
What is "Lawa"?
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Friday18: 12:51pm On Jan 24, 2016
Really sorry for all that happened. What you posted there isn't the real marriage license from Nigeria. I guess he has completed his mission with you.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Jenticles(f): 1:26pm On Jan 24, 2016
It's fake, take heart n move on with ur life. God will definitely punish him someday. love could make u do stupid n crazy things, it's well.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by PresVA: 2:25pm On Jan 24, 2016
He probably yearned to come to the USA and you were just a means... Just move on..

How did they issue him a visa with that certificate? I guess he's probably hiding the genuine one from you. .

However, don't you communicate with him? You can get the truth from him...

18 Likes

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by taryour(f): 2:47pm On Jan 24, 2016
LAjibade:
Hello everyone. I have a question and was hoping you could shed me some light in a matter. I am in America. I went to Nigeria in 2011 and married my husband. I petition for him in 2012 and he arrived to America in 2013. Three months later he left. He is here in America, just not with me. He just left once he received his social security number, his permanent visa and a job in two months of being here. I haven't heard from him nor seen him again. I been wondering for a long time if my marriage to him is valid. In the marriage license it says it expired in 2013. I don't understand that. Was our marriage set up or arranged to be temporary? I don't really understand Nigerian law or customs concerning marriage. (I am not Nigerian) I know my husband was rushing me to get him here before that expiration date. I am very confused. I also went to the office of public records here in America and they couldn't find any marital records of me and my husband, nothing. On the back of my marriage license issued in Nigeria, there is a website of marriage records, I entered my name and his name and didn't find anything. It just says no records found. Am I married to him or was it all fake? Can you please help me find out? I'd appreciate it. Even if it was all a scam, I still have Nigeria in my heart and will never have anything against Nigeria and Nigerians. Just my husband. Thank you in advance. [color=#006600][/color]

Stop calling him your husband already. He is gone and dont expect him back soon except he comes begging to decieve and lure you into using you again as a gateway to another of his wicked plans.

He is just one of the bad Men and Nigerian who has spoilt the good ones. Some women too are like that.
Move one with your life and forget you ever meet him. Karma will deal with him.

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 24, 2016
The guy is somewhere singing "my helper o,my helper" and you are here calling him"my husband".

He's gone like a candle in the wind. You aren't his wife,just a means to an end.

Move on,forget him.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 24, 2016
I have not seen him again and I have not spoken with him since September 2013, which was only three months after he arrived to America. I did asked him on Facebook but he won't respond.
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by PresVA: 4:06pm On Jan 24, 2016
Lalasticlala , biko bia .. our sister here has been 'scammed' by a 'hustler' ....

Lajibade ^^^, just move on.. He used you to get to the US ... Too bad, he would have just officially ended the marriage instead of keeping you in the dark ....

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by ibkn(m): 4:35pm On Jan 24, 2016
congrats on your non-marriage. you assisted an hustler to come across fortunately for you the wedding documents are not the legitimate wedding documents issued in Nigeria. what I expected to see was the marriage certificate which you don't have.
dust yourself Ma and get a new Husband. also you can always threat him bad by reporting him

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by miqos02(m): 5:31pm On Jan 24, 2016
yes
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by policyy: 5:32pm On Jan 24, 2016
Ya
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Integrityfarms(m): 5:32pm On Jan 24, 2016
Sorry #one chance

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by emmyw(m): 5:34pm On Jan 24, 2016
Scam??hmmm mm

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Fiwasayo(f): 5:34pm On Jan 24, 2016
It is well....scammers everywhere.
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by talktimi(m): 5:34pm On Jan 24, 2016
LAjibade:
What is "Lawa"?
lawa/na wa = this is wonderful

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by helphelp: 5:35pm On Jan 24, 2016
Whatever
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by aieromon(m): 5:35pm On Jan 24, 2016
That looks like a receipt an agbero will issue out. The paper isn't even signed or stamped. angry

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by rollUP(m): 5:35pm On Jan 24, 2016
D paper looking like all this danfo bus ticket.

U were just his free ticket to getting in the states. He is not ur husband, he just used you

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by SmartMugu: 5:36pm On Jan 24, 2016
If you need to find him, try peoplefinders.com . His addresses in the US will be revealed to you and you can confront him if ud like to.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 24, 2016
Move on dear

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jan 24, 2016
Ehhhh, it has happened again cry
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Addicted2Women: 5:37pm On Jan 24, 2016
You're the scam i see here.
I've been in the USA for more than 27 years
I'm from Tompkins county in Ithaca New York.
Number 1 : The US embassy do execute a very intense background check on anyone who wants to come to the Us, After the 911, all the borders were tightened up.
You want to tell me the US government can't differentiate between a genuine and fake marriage certificate ??

Number 2 : Don't you know a citizenship can be revoked if the marriage is fraudulent ??
Once his social security number is ran in the system, they will see everything.

Number 3 : Tell us his name & he will be deported next month.

Number 4 : Please, This is a plot to shame Nigerians.
Just tell us the name of the alleged husband if this is true.
I practice law in two states, New York and Pennsylvania and I'm Nigerian.
Please, try this elsewhere

Where did you get married ??
In Ikoyi registry court ??
Or in an ewedu restaurant
??

Please, Nigerians, don't fall for this scam claiming to be an American

210 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jan 24, 2016
I am sorry this happened to you. Do you have his social security number or at least a copy of any of his document like International passport? If you do I will suggest you report him to immigration let them track his black ass.

I know some people will tell you to let go and let God be the judge, my dear do not listen or fall for that shit. I hate it when people take advantages of others more especially someone that loves them. The truth is that when the next guy that really loves you and want to spend the rest of his with you comes around, he will bear the consequences of what he knows nothing about it.

My dear, it may not be easy but let him pay for what he has done to you. In this life no one will fight your battle but you alone. I am sure if you involve immigration they will fish him out just a matter of time.

Sorry for the heart ache!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by gen2briz(m): 5:38pm On Jan 24, 2016
Hummmm
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jan 24, 2016
darling its fake. mail me on yinkslinksproperties@rocketmail.com let me show you what the original looks like.
LAjibade:
Hello everyone. I have a question and was hoping you could shed me some light in a matter. I am in America. I went to Nigeria in 2011 and married my husband. I petition for him in 2012 and he arrived to America in 2013. Three months later he left. He is here in America, just not with me. He just left once he received his social security number, his permanent visa and a job in two months of being here. I haven't heard from him nor seen him again. I been wondering for a long time if my marriage to him is valid. In the marriage license it says it expired in 2013. I don't understand that.

Was our marriage set up or arranged to be temporary? I don't really understand Nigerian law or customs concerning marriage. (I am not Nigerian) I know my husband was rushing me to get him here before that expiration date. I am very confused. I also went to the office of public records here in America and they couldn't find any marital records of me and my husband, nothing. On the back of my marriage license issued in Nigeria, there is a website of marriage records, I entered my name and his name and didn't find anything. It just says no records found. Am I married to him or was it all fake? Can you please help me find out? I'd appreciate it. Even if it was all a scam, I still have Nigeria in my heart and will never have anything against Nigeria and Nigerians. Just my husband. Thank you in advance.
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by dmostcheerful(f): 5:39pm On Jan 24, 2016
My dear the cert is a fake.

this is just how they tarnish our image.
dearie take heart and move on some people can be like that sometime.
but I bet karma will sure hit him back.
Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by WhoBeThisMan: 5:39pm On Jan 24, 2016
Hehehehe I know some men would wish theirs had expiring date too grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Marriage, Fake Or Real? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jan 24, 2016
Truluvguy:
darling its fake. mail me on yinkslinksproperties@rocketmail.com let me show you what the original looks like.

LAjibade scam alert o. Don't fail for the second time.

45 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! / Married Nigerian Ladies No Longer Take Shit From Their Husbands (Pictures) / Italian Lady Finds Her Biological Mum In Nigeria After 34 Years (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.