Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Today Is The Feast Of Assumption Of Blessed Virgin Mary - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Today Is The Feast Of Assumption Of Blessed Virgin Mary (2254 Views)

Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) / Today Is Feast Of Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary / The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary And The Revelation Of Three Circles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Today Is The Feast Of Assumption Of Blessed Virgin Mary by HenryQuest(m): 7:22am On Aug 15, 2015
The Assumption of the Virgin Mary into Heaven, informally known as the Assumption, according to the beliefs of the Catholic Church, Eastern Orthodoxy, Oriental Orthodoxy, and parts of Anglicanism, was the bodily taking up of the Virgin Mary into Heaven at the end of her earthly life.

The Catholic Church teaches as dogma that the Virgin Mary having completed the course of her earthly life, was assumed body and soul into heavenly glory. This doctrine was dogmatically defined by Pope Pius XII on November 1, 1950, in the Apostolic Constitution Munificentissimus Deus by exercising papal infallibility. While the Catholic Church and Eastern Orthodox Church believe in the Dormition of the Theotokos, which is the same as the Assumption, the alleged physical death of Mary has not been dogmatically defined.

In Munificentissimus Deus (item 39) Pope Pius XII pointed to the Book of Genesis (3:15) as scriptural support for the dogma in terms of Mary's victory over sin and death as also reflected in 1 Corinthians 15:54: then shall come to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory

In the churches that observe it, the Assumption is a major feast day, commonly celebrated on August 15. In many countries the feast is also marked as a Holy Day of Obligation.

Majority of data gotten from: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assumption_of_Mary

Re: Today Is The Feast Of Assumption Of Blessed Virgin Mary by kamair237(m): 7:23am On Aug 15, 2015
Catholics only!!!
Re: Today Is The Feast Of Assumption Of Blessed Virgin Mary by iamsodium(m): 7:34am On Aug 15, 2015
K
Re: Today Is The Feast Of Assumption Of Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 7:38am On Aug 15, 2015
HenryQuest:
The Assumption of the Virgin Mary into Heaven, informally known as the Assumption, according to the beliefs of the Catholic Church, Eastern Orthodoxy, Oriental Orthodoxy, and parts of Anglicanism, was the bodily taking up of the Virgin Mary into Heaven at the end of her earthly life.
dont be deceived. Mary died and her bones are in the grave awaiting rapture.
:
The Catholic Church teaches as dogma that the Virgin Mary having completed the course of her earthly life, was assumed body and soul into heavenly glory. This doctrine was dogmatically defined by Pope Pius XII on November 1, 1950, in the Apostolic Constitution Munificentissimus Deus by exercising papal infallibility. While the Catholic Church and Eastern Orthodox Church believe in the Dormition of the Theotokos, which is the same as the Assumption..
infallible wetin? Abi na wetin FrancisTony, rich4god, SalC, italo, or syncan tell you?. the bible only is infallible, catholic dogmas and doctrines are liable for grievious mistakes.
:
the alleged physical death of Mary has not been dogmatically defined

the physical assumption of Mary into heaven has also not been BIBLICALLY defined .
:
In Munificentissimus Deus (item 39) Pope Pius XII pointed to the Book of Genesis (3:15) as scriptural support for the dogma in terms of Mary's victory over sin and death as also reflected in 1 Corinthians 15:54: then shall come to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

mary's victory over wetin? If you read down that verse that you just quoted in
1 corinthians 15 vs 57 - it says thanks be to God which gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ .
:

In the churches that observe it, the Assumption is a major feast day, commonly celebrated on August 15. In many countries the feast is also marked as a Holy Day of Obligation.

Majority of data gotten from: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assumption_of_Mary
i could see you also used the bible to tell us that mary had victory over sin and death. Pls also use the same bible to tell us where it outlined that mary ascended into heaven. And pls dont use your dogma or your doctrinal books to deceive me and lastly pls stop calling her a virgin cos she had other numerous children besides Jesus.

2 Likes

Re: Today Is The Feast Of Assumption Of Blessed Virgin Mary by Rich4god(m): 7:47am On Aug 15, 2015
udeme.... why you no dey use eye aee catholic thread....
Re: Today Is The Feast Of Assumption Of Blessed Virgin Mary by HenryQuest(m): 7:57am On Aug 15, 2015
Rich4god:
udeme.... why you no dey use eye aee catholic thread....
maybe he studied religion and cultural studies. "Just kidding"
Re: Today Is The Feast Of Assumption Of Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 8:08am On Aug 15, 2015
HenryQuest:
maybe he studied religion and cultural studies. "Just kidding"
that was my course in school dude. But that does not have anything related to this. The catholic religion since 1900 till this present generation has been founded on the rock and foundation of falsehood,deceiving many and they themselves being deceived. In catholicism Mary is the subject matter. While to us the true saved and sanctified christians. its Jesus thats our message.
Re: Today Is The Feast Of Assumption Of Blessed Virgin Mary by SSPX(m): 8:45am On Aug 15, 2015
Mary my Queen and my Mother i Love and serve thee and show my devotion to thee i concentrate my eyes ears my mouth and heart wherefor as thine own keep me and guide me as their property Amen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Today Is The Feast Of Assumption Of Blessed Virgin Mary by SSPX(m): 8:50am On Aug 15, 2015
Mod pls move this to the front page

1 Like

Re: Today Is The Feast Of Assumption Of Blessed Virgin Mary by SSPX(m): 8:55am On Aug 15, 2015
What a prophet, fake indeed
Re: Today Is The Feast Of Assumption Of Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 15, 2015
SSPX:
Mod pls move this to the front page
nairaland's frontpage cant inhabit thrash.
:
what a prophet. Fake indeed.
while youre an idolater.
:
mary my queen and my mother i love and serve thee and show my devotion to thee

RUBBISH. Mods pls come and send this thrash to the recycle bin.
Re: Today Is The Feast Of Assumption Of Blessed Virgin Mary by HenryQuest(m): 11:00am On Aug 15, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
nairaland's frontpage cant inhabit thrash. while youre an idolater.
RUBBISH. Mods pls come and send this thrash to the recycle bin.
Are you alright?
Re: Today Is The Feast Of Assumption Of Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 15, 2015
HenryQuest:
Are you alright?
you can ask your priest.
Re: Today Is The Feast Of Assumption Of Blessed Virgin Mary by Jeromejnr(m): 3:16pm On Aug 15, 2015
SSPX:
Mary my Queen and my Mother i Love and serve thee and show my devotion to thee i concentrate my eyes ears my mouth and heart wherefor as thine own keep me and guide me as their property Amen

So you love and serve Mary and are devoted to her

You see why there is less power in most churches? Why can't people that call themselves Christians just stick to the Bible. Why can't you just love serve and be devoted to Jesus alone?

Is there anywhere in the scriptures where we are commanded to serve Mary?

Na wa o.

You people should better watch your souls.

1 Like

Re: Today Is The Feast Of Assumption Of Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 7:20pm On Aug 16, 2015
Better late than never!

I greet and rejoice with you my blessed and immaculate mother.

Wish I can be like you in so many aspects cry

I am enjoying your motherly intercessions,

Gratias plena
Benedicta tu smiley

(1) (Reply)

Osun State As A Whole / Is Yahweh Omni-impotent Or What? / Has Anyone Got This Book On T.B. Joshua?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.