Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

“The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief (58468 Views)

Aderemi Sijuwade Buys Car For Labisi Folawiyo Hours Before Their Wedding / Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge / How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by macof(m): 6:27pm On Aug 19, 2015
hemartins:
"People still make this insinuation because many are barred from witnessing the burial of a king"
[b][/b]

How do you expect us to believe when even the king's wife and children did not even witness the burial too.
try as much as possible to hide the truth but we ain't buying it.

The king doesn't belong to the wives and family. ..he belongs to the ancestors
He should have known before he contested for the Obaship

2 Likes

Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 20, 2015
When a deceased Ooni is about to be buried or a new Ooni is about to be crowned breaking the curfew imposed by the Orisa worshippers is unwise! i hope civilians (people not in the Oro cult) heeded the warning. Even if we (civilians) don't believe in what these people do, we'd be foolish to dare them!
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by Agalasis(m): 2:02am On Aug 26, 2015
People Deceive People.
1st class lies.
Nigerians are not fools ooo
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by oloriadejoke(f): 9:38pm On Oct 07, 2015
dmola:

Am sorry to jump into ur comment bt d point is ur chubby look really appeal to me n wuld love to know u plz!!!!!!!!!!! I do appreciate an audience from u plz!!!!!!!!!! I jst tk mi time to chck ur pic via twtr noticed u dnt twt much .....Plz that's mi pin plz add me I really do like u n would love to b ur frnd
....thanks it's special gift from God if you want a chubby looks contact God.
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by dmola(m): 6:53am On Oct 08, 2015
oloriadejoke:
....thanks it's special gift from God if you want a chubby looks contact God.

smh
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by Ikengawo: 1:06am On Jan 20, 2016
hmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by meccuno: 4:40pm On Dec 31, 2021
montestic:
Following reports that the Sarun, otherwise known as Abobakun, was on the run to escape being buried with the late Ooni of Ife, Ife chiefs have denied these as untrue. According to the Lowa Adimula of Ife, Oba Joseph Ijaodola, who is the Head of Inner Chiefs, he said, “No one was caught during the Oro festival, it is all lies. It has never been done in Ife land that somebody must be killed or buried with the Ooni.” The Secretary of the Royal Traditional Council, High Chief Adekoye Odewole, also said, “We don’t use human beings for rituals in Ile-Ife. We can use rams, goats or other animals, but not human beings.”

Meanwhile the Araba of Osogboland, Chief Yemi Elebuibon has said the heart of the late king would not be fed to the next Ooni.In his words, “The eating of the heart of a departed King by an incoming one belonged to the past. It no longer exists. People still make this insinuation because many are barred from witnessing the burial of a king. What the incoming king will eat is the heart of an animal and not that of a human. Nobody would be buried with the Ooni. Nobody would be killed for any form of sacrifice.”

http://citypeople.com.ng/i/the-next-ooni-will-not-eat-sijuwades-heart-as-ife-chiefs-speak-on-abobaku/#utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=the-next-ooni-will-not-eat-sijuwades-heart-as-ife-chiefs-speak-on-abobaku
imagine. Cannibals. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Baby Bump: Naomi Ogunwusi Pregnant? / Yoruba Names/Oriki For God / The Beauty Of Northern Nigerian Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.