Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,823 members, 7,813,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! - Phone/Internet Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone/Internet Market / Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! (7463 Views)

Buy data, Cable TV, Prepaid Meter, Airtime all @Discounted rate / Beware Of This Site (www.clubkonnect.com) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by MrEverest(m): 2:17pm On Aug 15, 2015
Its now that I realize why trust is such an alien word in Nigeria today. Some people in Nigeria have decided to make a maga out of fellow Nigerians no matter how big or little the amount is, such a pity!

The person that defrauded me goes by the name ROONEYBOY, I have come to understand that his modus-operandi is to first gain your trust by sounding humble on the phone and also deliver a couple of times while waiting for the opportunity to strike. ROONEYBOY will refer you to his page on Nairaland where he apparently simulated recommendations from people on how genuine and honest he is, now that is simply a decoy.

I sent 5 pieces of 200 naira recharge cards and 1 piece 100 naira recharge card(making it 1100 naira) to ROONEYBOY(08036998597) on the 12/08/2015 for him to transfer 1gb mtn data to my friend's mtn line(07064605050). After sending the vouchers, story changed, first, he claimed that network was very bad, that I should exercise patience which I did. Later, I called him again, this time he said he had transferred the data so I subsequently called the person and he told me has not received the data, again I called ROONEYBOY but he claimed it was network that was delaying it! This hide and seek game continued between me and ROONEYBOY from the 12th(wednesday) till yesterday 14th(friday) this time he said I should resend those voucher numbers I sent to him on wednesday and luckily for me I still have them on my sent items so I resent it to him. Then he came with a new gimmick and told me that the cards does not exist!!! I was shocked, so I tried to load one of the cards on my phone and MTN replied that the card does not exist. I was aghast, so in annoyance I went to the place I bought the cards thinking they sold non-existent cards to me but they stood their ground that the cards were genuine that I should call MTN customer care to verify them.
I called MTN customer care and they requested for the serial number and luckily for me again, I searched the trash basket and found two of the cards then lo and behold they told me that the card was used on the 12th (wednesday), the same day I transferred it to ROONEYBOY so I asked them to tell me the number that loaded the card but refused and said if there is any number I am suspecting then I should call the number and I did, to my consternation they told me that ROONEYBOY'S number loaded the cards.

I called ROONEYBOY to know why he loaded the cards and still denied doing so, it was then he began to show his criminal tendency, he left the issue and started shouting at me, calling me names and generally trying to intimidate me, when he could not succeed with that, he said I should snap the cards and show it to him on wassap(he probably thought I was no longer in possession of them) I did snapped two of those cards I found in the trash bin and sent to him on wassap, when he saw them he stopped replying my wassap messages, he would log in, read my message and log out again. Till this moment ROONEYBOY never transferred the MTN 1gb data which I paid for.

The money may not be much but the way and manner this ROONEYBOY humiliated me, insulted me and made me look like a fool is what depressed me most. I know that karma rewards all according to their deeds.
ROONEYBOY, God will judge you.

suffix it to add that not all of the them are fraudulent, those like Ogunsan and THE PAUL are probably honest.

These are the vouchers with the serial numbers of the two I found in the trash bin in bracket, 0705952888467861(2742894779011551). 1457078469570136. 5225850044345041. 2686651923075538. 7719896587627387. 4906383916426990(7482111657422938). This is ROONEYBOY'S number 08036998597 please anyone who is in doubt can call MTN customer care with the serial number to ascertain what I am saying.

cc. seun cc. lalasticala I pray this is moved to the front page so that those using your platform to commit fraud would be shamed and also prevent others from falling victim.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by Swaggzkid: 2:19pm On Aug 15, 2015
Eeewooh! shocked shocked seun this guy needs to be punished,

I won't say much until its confirmed* Op sorry ehn * take heart akop?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by Tboysalau(m): 2:23pm On Aug 15, 2015
angry
Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by MrEverest(m): 2:24pm On Aug 15, 2015
@Swagzkid, why not condemn this fraud by ROONEYBOY rather than just booking space alone undecided

2 Likes

Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by Nobody: 2:24pm On Aug 15, 2015
Why are u people buying data from this scammers.

Op that's good for u.

Glo 3gb for 1k

Etisalat 1gb is 1k

Airtel 1.5k gives u 3gb

Mtn 70naira gives u 5gb

Anyway that's good for u Ode

3 Likes

Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by Swaggzkid: 2:25pm On Aug 15, 2015
MrEverest:
@Swagzkid, why not condemn this fraud by ROONEYBOY rather than just booking space alone undecided

Clean your eyes and check again. Lol
Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by Nobody: 2:27pm On Aug 15, 2015
i taya
Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by MrEverest(m): 2:29pm On Aug 15, 2015
Swaggzkid:

Clean your eyes and check again. Lol
ok, just seen it.
Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by Swaggzkid: 2:30pm On Aug 15, 2015
Gejpresident:
Why are u people buying data from this scammers.

Op that's good for u.

Glo 3gb for 1k

Etisalat 1gb is 1k

Airtel 1.5k gives u 3gb

Mtn 70naira gives u 5gb

Anyway that's good for u Ode

Sharrap and gerrarahere, you don't know if you will be the next inline , Life is like football anything can happen .

7 Likes

Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by Swaggzkid: 2:32pm On Aug 15, 2015
MrEverest:
ok, just seen it.

grin grin grin
Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by Nobody: 2:35pm On Aug 15, 2015
Swaggzkid:

grin grin grin
do u know who u r talking to?

Pls be careful
Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 15, 2015
MrEverest:
I thought he was real, and even pretended for a couple of times to be genuine until he defrauded me. Now you said its good for me, for falling victim to ROONEYBOY'S scam without even condemning the thief, that's not fair! The same way you advertized your data prices without any means of would be buyers identifying if you are for real is the same way ROONEYBOY advertised his, he even went ahead to refer people to his page where they were giving him rave reviews only for him to show his true colour now. smh.
me advertised data? When? Op u well so?

I just showed u that the network providers in ur country offer u people nice data package.

No Need to buy data from this guys

How can u buy data 1gb for 1100

Etisalat is 1k for 1gb.

Anyway sorry, just be wise next time

1 Like

Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by madgoat(m): 2:48pm On Aug 15, 2015
ROONEYBOY shocked NA God go punish you. Fraudster

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by Rooneyboy(m): 2:49pm On Aug 15, 2015
Swaggzkid:

May God bless u abundantly .

I opened a thread this morning in respect to this

Here's my own story,

Rooneyboy:
It might me a small and minute case to some people but certainly not to we DATA sellers. On wednesday 12th august, I got a text message from a "customer" to credit a particular number with DATA ..... Here is the exact body of the text message ------>

0705952888467861.1457078469570136. 5225850044345041.2686651923075538.7719896587627387. 4906383916426990. For mtn 1gb to 07064605050. Pls do it now.

After trying on so many occasions to load the (fake pins) which even got my line barred by MTN , I forwarded a text message to the customer back telling him all of his pins were wrong and do not exist.
He called back insulting and telling me he was going to come back to Nairaland and mess my name up if I failed to credit him with DATA, which I vehemently refused. He later called back after some minutes saying he called MTN customer care and he was told that my number loaded the pins.
Pls people, I do want u guys to judge this case, that's why I had to drop the said pins so that u guys cld load them in ur phones .
I also want u guys to discredit whatever he comes up with as an allegation against rooneyboy, rooneyboy has been more than transparent in all of his handlings, why this mess against rooneyboy (might come up) is just because I've refused to be boxed and blackmailed my the thief who calls himself galaxy.

DATA sellers, pls u guys shouldn't fall for such blackmail, u guys should continue doing what is right and no man will ever bring u down .
Personally this is not the first time I'm receiving such from thieves, this is just the first time I'm being threatened that my name wld be messed up if I don't cooperate by sending data hence my coming here to cry out.

Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by Rooneyboy(m): 2:49pm On Aug 15, 2015
madgoat:
ROONEYBOY shocked NA God go punish you. Fraudster

Rooneyboy:
It might me a small and minute case to some people but certainly not to we DATA sellers. On wednesday 12th august, I got a text message from a "customer" to credit a particular number with DATA ..... Here is the exact body of the text message ------>

0705952888467861.1457078469570136. 5225850044345041.2686651923075538.7719896587627387. 4906383916426990. For mtn 1gb to 07064605050. Pls do it now.

After trying on so many occasions to load the (fake pins) which even got my line barred by MTN , I forwarded a text message to the customer back telling him all of his pins were wrong and do not exist.
He called back insulting and telling me he was going to come back to Nairaland and mess my name up if I failed to credit him with DATA, which I vehemently refused. He later called back after some minutes saying he called MTN customer care and he was told that my number loaded the pins.
Pls people, I do want u guys to judge this case, that's why I had to drop the said pins so that u guys cld load them in ur phones .
I also want u guys to discredit whatever he comes up with as an allegation against rooneyboy, rooneyboy has been more than transparent in all of his handlings, why this mess against rooneyboy (might come up) is just because I've refused to be boxed and blackmailed my the thief who calls himself galaxy.

DATA sellers, pls u guys shouldn't fall for such blackmail, u guys should continue doing what is right and no man will ever bring u down .
Personally this is not the first time I'm receiving such from thieves, this is just the first time I'm being threatened that my name wld be messed up if I don't cooperate by sending data hence my coming here to cry out.

Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by NCP: 2:51pm On Aug 15, 2015
1100 That is 60.5gb on MTN SS

1 Like

Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 15, 2015
NCP:
1100 That is 60.5gb on MTN SS
I tell u

3 Likes

Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by Rooneyboy(m): 2:58pm On Aug 15, 2015
After I had called customer care , they said I should provide the serial number of the recharge pins , I called this cheap scammer, he refused to pick , I sent in a text message he didn't provide me with the serial number nor respond to my message .

BELOW is the message I sent earlier to him after he refused picking my calls

1 Like

Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by Rooneyboy(m): 3:04pm On Aug 15, 2015
MrEverest:

As dumb as u are u still brought the recharge pins here, pls Nigerians and nairalanders pls judge this case and the recharge pins, try re charging the pins to find out if they do exist.
These are the vouchers with the serial numbers of the two I found in the trash bin in bracket, 0705952888467861(2742894779011551). 1457078469570136. 5225850044345041. 2686651923075538. 7719896587627387. 4906383916426990(7482111657422938). This is ROONEYBOY'S number 08036998597 please anyone who is in doubt can call MTN customer care with the serial number to ascertain what I am saying.

cc. seun cc. lalasticala I pray this is moved to the front page so that those using your platform to commit fraud would be shamed and also prevent others from falling victim.

Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by Rooneyboy(m): 3:06pm On Aug 15, 2015
Swaggzkid:

Oga !

Load the pins for urself and confirm if they do exist
Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by udemzyudex(m): 3:06pm On Aug 15, 2015
Some Nigerians are quick to judge, those calling the rooneyboy scammer didn't wait to hear from him or see if he is even going to reply...

Anyway i want the op to come out here and defend himself....

1 Like

Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by Rooneyboy(m): 3:09pm On Aug 15, 2015
Swaggzkid:

Oga !

Load the pins for urself and confirm if they do exist .
Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by MrEverest(m): 3:20pm On Aug 15, 2015
Gejpresident:
do u know who u r talking to?

Pls be careful
By not condemning this thief, who knows you might still be ROONEYBOY with a different handle lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by Akosbaba(m): 3:21pm On Aug 15, 2015
Been buying data from this guy for months, he's never defrauded me. Just saying though

3 Likes

Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 15, 2015
MrEverest:
By not condemning this thief, who knows you might still be ROONEYBOY with a different handle lipsrsealed
I have.

Pls read my comments "I called them scammers"
Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by CHEAPDATASOLTN(m): 3:22pm On Aug 15, 2015
I am a data reseller who is proud of my fellow reseller; Rooney boy. I can say confidently that he is by no means a SCAMMER. The so called Mr everest should be careful of his allegations towards him for the following reasons:

1. The airtime in question are invalid NOT USED. This means the airtime has not even been loaded by anyone. Should u try to load an already recharged airtime, the response will be clearly "this card has already been used". The airtime you provided says invalid not used. That's my first point.

2. A person who you have even tried, not once or twice, would destroy a customer relation on top of #1200? Pls think twice. Any seller who has a thread on Nairaland means he has his shop therein. It's unless he desire to stop data sales will he/she defraud his customer knowing quite well that his name would be spoilt. Rooney boy is among the data sellers who values his reputation. Thats my second point.

3. I expected you to add the image of at least one of the so called airtime on ur post so as to clearly see if they are true. Don't just provide us with the serial numbers and pins. Put an image. I don't expect you to say you have already disposed the airtime in as much it is yet to be approved.

To anyone who might have seen the false allegation upon which this thread was opened, as a data reseller who always arise against scammers, I say ROONEYBOY is by no means a SCAMMER. If I'm wrong, let Mr everest show us the images of the so called airtime. Thanks.

8 Likes

Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by MrEverest(m): 3:22pm On Aug 15, 2015
Rooneyboy:

Oga !

Load the pins for urself and confirm if they do exist .
thief, so you have finally got the time to come online, whatever you sow, you shall reap!!
Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by CHEAPDATASOLTN(m): 3:24pm On Aug 15, 2015
MrEverest:

I am a data reseller who is proud of my fellow reseller; Rooney boy. I can say confidently that he is by no means a SCAMMER. The so called Mr everest should be careful of his allegations towards him for the following reasons:

1. The airtime in question are invalid NOT USED. This means the airtime has not even been loaded by anyone. Should u try to load an already recharged airtime, the response will be clearly "this card has already been used". The airtime you provided says invalid not used. That's my first point.

2. A person who you have even tried, not once or twice, would destroy a customer relation on top of #1200? Pls think twice. Any seller who has a thread on Nairaland means he has his shop therein. It's unless he desire to stop data sales will he/she defraud his customer knowing quite well that his reputation is at stake . Rooney boy is among the data sellers who values his reputation. Thats my second point.

3. I expected you to add the image of at least one of the so called airtime on ur post so as to clearly see if they are true. Don't just provide us with the serial numbers and pins. Put an image. I don't expect you to say you have already disposed the airtime in as much it is yet to be approved.

To anyone who might have seen the false allegation upon which this thread was opened, as a data reseller who always arise against scammers, I say ROONEYBOY is by no means a SCAMMER. If I'm wrong, let Mr everest show us the images of the so called airtime. Thanks.
Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by Rooneyboy(m): 3:24pm On Aug 15, 2015
udemzyudex:
Some Nigerians are quick to judge, those calling the rooneyboy scammer didn't wait to hear from him or see if he is even going to reply...

Thank u for ur response, I send data to loads of clients daily , more than a 100 every day and I've never had such an issue, this thief's (poster)own case is that he bluntly told me on phone that he was going to do what he's currently doing (creating a thread to rubbish my name) , that the only option I had was to send him data to that phone nub (cheap blackmail) , I followed up this threat up with a thread early this morning...

www.nairaland.com/2527104/fraud-alert-alert#36973665

That's my thread on my encounter with the poster
Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by jeec4real(m): 3:26pm On Aug 15, 2015
dont know why you guys are condeming him. I have been buying data from ROONEYBOY since the begining of this year if not since last year, and yet he has never disappointed me. Sometimes i order for 10 people in a day and yet he didnt scam me. So i dnt believe that he did wat you said he did...so if you dont have a job, better look for one and stop spoiling someone's name

4 Likes

Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by Jeffy1206(m): 3:26pm On Aug 15, 2015
udemzyudex:

who is the op And who has defended himself

(1) (2) (3) (4)

Nokia N80 For Sale With 2gb Memory Card / UK Used Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra For Sale In Nigeria At 840k / We Buy Used BLACKBERRY @ GOOD Price.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.