Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,954 members, 7,835,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! - Phone/Internet Market (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone/Internet Market / Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! (7520 Views)

Buy data, Cable TV, Prepaid Meter, Airtime all @Discounted rate / Beware Of This Site (www.clubkonnect.com) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by smartigo: 5:21pm On Aug 15, 2015
shit happens and I think this thread should die. These allegation and counter-allegations bear no good omen. The warring parties should. Sheath their swords. Am beginning to be pissed off undecided undecided

BTW can you load and transfer the credit rather recharge card. You get sms for any transferred credit which you can screenshot and post on h whatsapp page; no denial I that.
Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by MrEverest(m): 5:27pm On Aug 15, 2015
AdeniyiA:
on the 30th of March 2015, at about 4pm I sent #800 naira credit (etisalat) to a reseller by name marcjoe, because I trusted him, having bought data from him before, I threw away the recharge card after sending to him. He denied ever seeing It nd I couldn't confirm from customer care ,I had to cough out #800 to procure the data for the person who needed it... Tho I had decided to forget it, but this is just to tell people to trust nobody.
Below is the body of the text containing the PIN numbers, I have refused to delete it from my phone...
God bless you brother, this was the same prank he tried to play on me when after two days of sending the cards to him, he asked me to provide the cards and serial numbers so he can verify from MTN(he probably thought I have discarded them). So I snapped it and sent to him on wassap, this same person that told me to snap those cards and send to him now replied me that he does not have the time to call mtn customer care. My brother, this is so sad. I don't blame those that are taking side with him without really trying to verify, maybe to ROONEYBOY is a saint who will never cheat, maybe until they find themselves in my shoe only then they understand.
Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by ijekul(m): 5:31pm On Aug 15, 2015
Been following this issue and av taken my time to call Mtn customer care...

I'll wait to see where this is going but am a little bit disappointed.I really don't want to say anything yet and all those taking sides shld av made their own investigation before joining the bandwagon.

If None of u does d needful then I'll disclose my findings
Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by MrEverest(m): 5:34pm On Aug 15, 2015
Rooneyboy:

Really !

What is this
Why are you afraid of posting our discussion on wassap ROONEYBOY since your hands are clean

Please, I beg you, post our chat from the very beginning to the end, it wasn't long so that people will discover how saint ROONEYBOY has become a cheap thief. I am still waiting??
Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 15, 2015
Rooneyboy can't do such. I trust him more than stealing 1k recharge card . Wetin him wan use am for.
Rooneyboy never disappointed me since i knew him, I remember calling him when my data got exhausted as i was downloading a file online and i told him i gat no cash at hand that very day ,but i told him am gonna send the voucher to him the second day, lo and behold, it only took him 10minutes to transfer 1gb to my line which was against my expectation from him.
Secondly ,There was a time he mistakenly send 1gb to my line twice due to the network issue which the op talked about, it happens to me as well, but i kept calm. And these time around, he told me to just send 500naira voucher to him that we gonna share the cost together, since i cant send the 1gb back to him .

N.B - I never met these guy face to face, we only talk when i need a voucher and the transaction has been smooth eversince.

To me, these is in retaliation to ROONEYBOY's popularity on nairaland. And his DATA remains the cheapest on Nairaland.

ROONEYBOY. Keep up with your good work. NO amount of Propanganda from your RIVALS here on NAIRALAND can bring you down . SOAR HIGHER my Nigga.

Seun, lalastica, and all mods, Rooneyboy remains LOYAL and TRUSTWORTHY .

1 Like

Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by MrEverest(m): 5:39pm On Aug 15, 2015
ijekul:
Been following this issue and av taken my time to call Mtn customer care...

I'll wait to see where this is going but am a little bit disappointed.I really don't want to say anything yet and all those taking sides shld av made their own investigation before joining the bandwagon.

If None of u does d needful then I'll disclose my findings
please divulge your finding publicly here. Together we can make Nigeria a better place. Thank God you called MTN customer care representative. This is ROONEYBOY'S number 08036998597 is this number different from the one they said loaded the cards God bless you as you reveal your investigation here!!!
Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by FrankValency(m): 5:39pm On Aug 15, 2015
From both ends,I will say the following..............
1. The op was so sure he sent the card and rooneyboy was so sure he didn't load them,then who is rite?
2.Rooneyboy might be wrong,maybe he should have checked his balance on fone b4 concluding it was fake,because sometimes u may load a card but it will stiil write dat nonsense.
3. Both of u should just upload ur full conversations,from the first day,it will be helpful here(both whatsapp own) . Op if u want us to believe u ,pls find a way to send the picture of those two cards u sent to him on whatsapp,it will go a long way in convincing us,find a phone to do that,for ur own good because many people won't have that time to call 181 and waste abt 10mins or more for this,am speaking the truth,so the picture of that card will go a long way to help u.

1 Like

Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by vizboy(m): 5:44pm On Aug 15, 2015
As a fellow data seller I have to say that mtn network has been trash for some days. Sending data has been difficult.

@Rooneyboy it All Network problem from what I can see. Cause I do experience it sometimes when I try loading a card I have already use I get same message from mtn saying the card is invalid.

@mreverest u don't just come online and start shouting scam. Problems are better solved in private, U Have to understand he worked very hard to get to this very point and wouldn't want to tarnish it cause of 1100 airtime.

I would say you both Apologise to each other.
Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by FatCock: 5:49pm On Aug 15, 2015
Hey Mr. Everest, check yourself. I have been dealing with Rooneyboy since last year, he is no fraud..
If he says ....incorrect pin.., dude, it is INCORRECT!
Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 15, 2015
Rooneyboy:
After I had called customer care , they said I should provide the serial number of the recharge pins , I called this cheap scammer, he refused to pick , I sent in a text message he didn't provide me with the serial number nor respond to my message .

BELOW is the message I sent earlier to him after he refused picking my calls

Guy, you ought to have know these is the handwriting of ur bitter rivals here on nairaland.
Have you watched the propagander video againt pepsi , klin soap and the likes, all these videos were released from there rivals cos of the popularity of there products. So, i hope you gonna take these in good faith as well and respond to ur rivals accordingly.
Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by MrEverest(m): 5:54pm On Aug 15, 2015
shegsky:
Rooneyboy can't do such. I trust him more than stealing 1k recharge card . Wetin him wan use am for.
Rooneyboy never disappointed me since i knew him, I remember calling him when my data got exhausted as i was downloading a file online and i told him i gat no cash at hand that very day ,but i told him am gonna send the voucher to him the second day, lo and behold, it only took him 10minutes to transfer 1gb to my line which was against my expectation from him.
Secondly ,There was a time he mistakenly send 1gb to my line twice due to the network issue which the op talked about, it happens to me as well, but i kept calm. And these time around, he told me to just send 500naira voucher to him that we gonna share the cost together, since i cant send the 1gb back to him .

N.B - I never met these guy face to face, we only talk when i need a voucher and the transaction has been smooth eversince.

To me, these is in retaliation to ROONEYBOY's popularity on nairaland. And his DATA remains the cheapest on Nairaland.

ROONEYBOY. Keep up with your good work. NO amount of Propanganda from your RIVALS here on NAIRALAND can bring you down . SOAR HIGHER my Nigga.

God what propaganda are you talking about If ROONEYBOY is innocent and I am doing this to pull him down so that other data sellers can profit, then may other people pull my destiny down!!! But if you are condemning me without first trying to verify if ROONEYBOY is truly innocent or not, then may you fall victim to fraud and nobody will believe you!!! I used my main nairaland handle in reporting this fraud and I don't think I would have done that if I am out to make mischief.
Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by Rooneyboy(m): 5:57pm On Aug 15, 2015
shegsky:

Thank u so very much bro, its obviously a network issue , that I can attest to @ this point, I've called and verified and they MTN cc said my beloved number used it, of which there was NO indication whatsoever that I loaded them cos all the cards all read "doesn't exist".

Not my fault, Not poster's fault either but network's .

I do use this medium to tender an apology to everyone concerned , my friends, bizz associates, foes on their comments thus far.

Without any iota of doubt Rooney remains a trusted fella grin grin grin

@ Galaxy (poster), sorry for the inconveniences, apology coming from the depth of ur nigga's heart grin

Oya galaxy take knuckles grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by MrEverest(m): 5:58pm On Aug 15, 2015
vizboy:
As a fellow data seller I have to say that mtn network has been trash for some days. Sending data has been difficult.

@Rooneyboy it All Network problem from what I can see. Cause I do experience it sometimes when I try loading a card I have already use I get same message from mtn saying the card is invalid.

@mreverest u don't just come online and start shouting scam. Problems are better solved in private, U Have to understand he worked very hard to get to this very point and wouldn't want to tarnish it cause of 1100 airtime.

I would say you both Apologise to each other.
Believe me, I didn't just come online to call him fraudster, I exhausted every available means to explain to him yet he resorted to calling me names and trying to intimidate me. when he requested for the cards and serial numbers, I sent it to immediately but he made a detour and told me he does not have the time to call mtn customer care line.
Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by Rooneyboy(m): 6:05pm On Aug 15, 2015
shegsky:

Guy, you ought to have know these is the handwriting of ur bitter rivals here on nairaland.
Have you watched the propagander video againt pepsi , klin soap and the likes, all these videos were released from there rivals cos of the popularity of there products. So, i hope you gonna take these in good faith as well and respond to ur rivals accordingly.

Its alright bro cheesy cheesy cheesy
I've made my own findings, but I'm still in shock as to how MTN claims the pins were used by me, when it clearly stated "doesn't exist" and I was barred in the process .

#really a scary one.
Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by vizboy(m): 6:06pm On Aug 15, 2015
MrEverest:
Believe me, I didn't just come online to call him fraudster, I exhausted every available means to explain to him yet he resorted to calling me names and trying to intimidate me. when he requested for the cards and serial numbers, I sent it to immediately but he made a detour and told me he does not have the time to call mtn customer care line.

Well I would say u both shield ur swords.

From my view u have been buying from him and this should not be any problem.

@Rooneyboy I would say let this die cause it was the fault of the Network Providers whose network Has Been Bad for The Pass Few Days.

Even Me do Have hard time sending to my customers
Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by ijekul(m): 6:06pm On Aug 15, 2015
So MrEverest was not wrong afterall...

Rooneyboy plz do the needful

thanks and Godbless u all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 15, 2015
Rooneyboy:

Thank u so very much bro, its obviously a network issue , that I can attest to @ this point, I've called and verified and they MTN cc said my beloved number used it, of which there was NO indication whatsoever that I loaded them cos all the cards all read "doesn't exist".

I do use this medium to tender an apology to everyone concerned , my friends, bizz associates, foes on their comments thus far.

@ Galaxy (poster), sorry for the inconveniences, apology coming from the depth of ur nigga's heart grin

Rooneyboy, Make una compensate op o. The thing really pain am o sote he dey cause me just for being on ur side.
I wanna believe he is going to have a change of heart towards you now that your fans are now coming online to testify your good work / transaction .
Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by Rooneyboy(m): 6:11pm On Aug 15, 2015
vizboy:

Well I would say u both shield ur swords.

From my view u have been buying from him and this should not be any problem.

@Rooneyboy I would say let this die cause it was the fault of the Network Providers whose network Has Been Bad for The Pass Few Days.

Even Me do Have hard time sending to my customers

Thank u so very much boss
Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by Rooneyboy(m): 6:15pm On Aug 15, 2015
shegsky:

Rooneyboy, Make una compensate op o. The thing really pain am o sote he dey cause me just for being on ur side.
I wanna believe he is going to have a change of heart towards you now that your fans are now coming online to testify your good work / transaction .

Hahahaha...... My fans, its all good sh!t happens, and as bizz guys we are all expected to take all that comes b4 us.

# the bizz world is a very difficult terrain
Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by vizboy(m): 6:16pm On Aug 15, 2015
Rooneyboy:

Thank u so very much boss

No p Bro You are Welcome
Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 15, 2015
Rooneyboy:

Its alright bro cheesy cheesy cheesy
I've made my own findings, but I'm still in shock as to how MTN claims the pins were used by me, when it clearly stated "doesn't exist" and I was barred in the process .

#really a scary one.
How i wish he had transfered the money to you just like i always do as well ,all these network ish won't have happened.
Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 15, 2015
FatCock:
Hey Mr. Everest, check yourself. I have been dealing with Rooneyboy since last year, he is no fraud..
If he says ....incorrect pin.., dude, it is INCORRECT!
GBAM ! ! ! ! Although,the main problem lies with MTN .They are the esu odara .
Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by Rooneyboy(m): 6:30pm On Aug 15, 2015
shegsky:

How i wish he had transfered the money to you just like i always do as well ,all these network ish won't have happened.

Even transferring has its own challenges.
Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 15, 2015
Gejpresident:
Why are u people buying data from this scammers.

Op that's good for u.

Glo 3gb for 1k

Etisalat 1gb is 1k

Airtel 1.5k gives u 3gb

Mtn 70naira gives u 5gb

Anyway that's good for u Ode
And someone will soon fall for these scammer disguising like a saint o and calling the op Ode. Hmmn.
Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by BONES488: 6:52pm On Aug 15, 2015
See I know what's up.
Roodneyboy, you are a scammer period.
Nonsense
Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by timbros(m): 7:12pm On Aug 15, 2015
Rooneyboy:

I think this settles everything.

Like I posted earlier, both of you are right afterall but network is to be blamed.

Thumbs up to you Rooneyboy for the public apology. This is maturity. But please, next time be sure that you have enough evidence before labelling your customer fraud. You should have called MTN customer care long before now to ascertain if and why the pins say invalid. It wouldn't have escalated to this level.

MrEverest do well to settle privately with him. And please, next time don't be in a haste to label someone a scammer especially here in Nairaland. The thirst for blood here is alarming. Be VERY sure you have been scammed before trying to tarnish someone's image here. If not for the level of Rooneyboy's honesty, you would have succeeded in ending his data selling business in Nairaland.

Thank you all

2 Likes

Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by timbros(m): 7:18pm On Aug 15, 2015
shegsky:

And someone will soon fall for these scammer disguising like a saint o and calling the op Ode. Hmmn.

He is not a scammer bro.

The Glo and MTN he posted needs tweaking (changing of your phone's imei, android simple server etc). As for the Airtel and Etisalat, they are legit. You dont need to buy it from someone. You subscribe for them directly from the network.

But calling the OP names is totally uncalled for. That's childish.

1 Like

Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by kennyosein(m): 7:23pm On Aug 15, 2015
MrEverest:
Why are you like this, you have decided to take sides with him without even cross-checking the facts. Now have you asked yourself what motive I have to tarnish his image if at all he didn't defraud me. On the other hand, why cant you try to verify issue since I provided the evidence rather than saying ROONEYBOY will never defraud me. God forbid that I will sabotage anybody's business when it is genuine but asking me to just let go of this fraud is unfair.

Bro am not taking his side, what is clear to me is that you might have lost 1100 but Rooneyboy has lost x10 of that cuz you have successfully created distrust not only to his existing customers but also to his prospective buyers. Whatever the case might be I believe both of you can work something out, Rooneyboy as biz man should understand better.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by MrEverest(m): 7:29pm On Aug 15, 2015
In-as-much-as I accept your apology, I still have a few things to say, (1)if I hadn't been able to find those cards you would have denied me.
(2) I'm sorry to say this, you were not totally honest because you sent just a two line paragraph of your screen shot just to make it appear as if I was lying against you rather than posting the entire discussion so that people will not see where I posted the snapshot of the cards when you requested for them and also read what actually transpired. (3) You stood your ground and was trying to use the support of your fans to make me look like a fool until ijekul threatened to reveal his finding which obviously would have implicated you. (4) You said you later called mtn customer care line and they told you the cards were used by you, now my question is, why didn't you call them all through Wednesday, Thursday and Friday when all these was happening only for you to call them when the issue had escalated (5) You caused me serious headache, because of these I threatened the poor lady that sold the cards to me and we had serious argument until I was asked to verify from MTN which I did and they told me that your number loaded those cards, now how can you load 1-2-3-4-5-6 cards without being aware (6) when I told you that MTN implicated your number, you resorted to calling me names, you said I was dumb and all sorts of insults, even when I should have been the one livid for the pain you caused me and also without recourse to the fact that I might not be your mate. (7) I went to this length not to recover my money, the 1100naira, no you can keep it(without appearing immodest I am very comfortable and earning good money in my business) but out of the depression you caused me.

For those that gave me the benefit of doubt, may God bless you.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by kennyosein(m): 7:37pm On Aug 15, 2015
[/quote]
I guess it most have been a painful experience but bro pls let it go, shit do happen.
Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 15, 2015
timbros:

He is not a scammer bro.

The Glo and MTN he posted needs tweaking (changing of your phone's imei, android simple server etc). As for the Airtel and Etisalat, they are legit. You dont need to buy it from someone. You subscribe for them directly from the network.

But calling the OP names is totally uncalled for. That's childish.
Re: Pls Beware Of Whom Buy DATA From, Rooneyboy Just Defruaded Me!!! by BONES488: 8:10pm On Aug 15, 2015
MrEverest:
In-as-much-as I accept your apology, I still have a few things to say, (1)if I hadn't been able to find those cards you would have denied me.
(2) I'm sorry to say this, you were not totally honest because you sent just a two line paragraph of your screen shot just to make it appear as if I was lying against you rather than posting the entire discussion so that people will not see where I posted the snapshot of the cards when you requested for them and also read what actually transpired. (3) You stood your ground and was trying to use the support of your fans to make me look like a fool until ijekul threatened to reveal his finding which obviously would have implicated you. (4) You said you later called mtn customer care line and they told you the cards were used by you, now my question is, why didn't you call them all through Wednesday, Thursday and Friday when all these was happening only for you to call them when the issue had escalated (5) You caused me serious headache, because of these I threatened the poor lady that sold the cards to me and we had serious argument until I was asked to verify from MTN which I did and they told me that your number loaded those cards, now how can you load 1-2-3-4-5-6 cards without being aware (6) when I told you that MTN implicated your number, you resorted to calling me names, you said I was dumb and all sorts of insults, even when I should have been the one livid for the pain you caused me and also without recourse to the fact that I might not be your mate. (7) I went to this length not to recover my money, the 1100naira, no you can keep it(without appearing immodest I am very comfortable and earning good money in my business) but out of the depression you caused me.

For those that gave me the benefit of doubt, may God bless you.

The guy is a scammer QED. Forget those username talking rubbish... They are in on it.
Sorry about the inconveniences but that ronneyboy is an ass.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4)

We Buy Used BLACKBERRY @ GOOD Price. / USA Used In MINT Condition Torch 3 (9860) Fully Unlocked For Sale. . SOLD!!! / I supply foreign used iPhones for resale or personal use.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.