Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,057 members, 7,956,949 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:36 PM

At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? (10659 Views)

Guys That Can Cook Can Relate To These Photos / When You Cook With Tomato These Days (Funny Photo) / Nairalanders Your First Meal Of 2016??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by AreaFada2: 8:45pm On Aug 25, 2015
bolaji3071:
Age 4. I cooked beans and bake bread grin
No, you cooked for the nurses and midwives as soon as you were born. Pinocchio. grin cheesy About 6. Boiled yam and plantain then fried pepper, tomato and eggs to eat it.
Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by shumuel(m): 8:46pm On Aug 25, 2015
@ Age 10, cooked rice and beans, the beans wasn't cooked properly sad, i actually put in both beans and rice at the same time tongue, but after then there was no looking back, now am perfect grin wink.
Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by yinkus204(m): 8:50pm On Aug 25, 2015
jonglexer:
cooked indomie when I was 3
see d indomie generation
Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 25, 2015
yinkus204:
Oh boi see broad day lie @7 u don knw hw to cook egusi soup and u still claim say ur aunt rate am 97/100 dat mean say ur aunt dnt and will never no hw to cook.
lolz.. Wetin u wan yarn wit me huh?I no be olodo like u na,I started cooking at the age of 7 my aunt will testifies dat
Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by XKZ(m): 8:55pm On Aug 25, 2015
9 — Mashed potatoes
Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by heayey(m): 8:57pm On Aug 25, 2015
when i was 8...
Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by BossTtdiamonds(m): 9:02pm On Aug 25, 2015
Age 11.. I think... I prepared Eba first, then went on to rice then stew... By age 15 I was a super cook..

Now.. Oh!.. My God.. I don turn master chef..
Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by SexyStrawberry(f): 9:02pm On Aug 25, 2015
I started at age 7, but learnt how to cook different kinds of soup at age 10, but by then, just like the OP said, I cooked mostly salt and pepper ! hehehehehehehehe but I perfected at age 11, but den again, no one till today is above mistake, at least once in an orange moon I still over salt and over pepper! lolzzzzz And the worst is when u have a boyfriend that can cook, ur own don finish be that ! he go yab the living daylight out of u once u do kpeken mistake!

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by obims(f): 9:03pm On Aug 25, 2015
7 years. Cooked white rice smiley
Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 25, 2015
5 years
Rice
Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by GboGboAye: 9:11pm On Aug 25, 2015
Martins301:
I came home just now and my kid brothers were all smiles. The twins had this big grin grin on their faces. When I asked them why they were smiling, they told me they had both cooked our evening meal (Beans).

Ah! I thought they were joking but my doubts were cleared when they brought me a plate of the scentilating beans. Mehn! When I put one spoon inside my mouth, I momentarily forgot the pains of trekking around the city looking for one fairy-tale job.

This boys tried o. Its not easy to cook family food with such level of perfection. And they are just 11 years old! I know some girls at 21 years of age who would cook salt and add little beans and still be claiming best cook. INTROVERT I did not call your name o.

So at what age did you start cooking? Am not talking of boiling hot water and indomie o.

Sauce: Martins301

i was 8
Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 25, 2015
Sleekyshuga:
I was 6 years old when I made my first meal.
Mum was always busy, same with dad & at such, I had to learn very quick..

It was rice & beans, though we had stew in the fridge. I cooked the beans & rice together grin. The rice was already soft with the beans still hard. We had to eat it like that oo grin grin..

@ 8years, I made my first stew.. It was a disaster.. The puree tomato still had that soured taste, coupled with, it was an 'ocean of salt' grin..

While everyone was complaining, I kept on consoling myself, 'it's not bad.. I tried.. The salt isn't much.'..

#Good old days...
Hmmmmm an "Ocean of Salt" indeed.... shocked shocked shocked

Now I know who Chuks emulates...... tongue

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by Demmzy15(m): 9:16pm On Aug 25, 2015
Rilwayne001:
At 2 cool
**faints**

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by HDee(m): 9:18pm On Aug 25, 2015
beans and weed♥♥♥♥♥♥

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by akanoye15: 9:23pm On Aug 25, 2015
just like your mom bleeps like dog
yinkus204:
dnt u read d question dey said hw old ar u, nt to tell us hw ur mom gave birth to 99 pikin at once .
Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by yinkus204(m): 9:26pm On Aug 25, 2015
onomeglo:
lolz.. Wetin u wan yarn wit me huh?I no be olodo like u na,I started cooking at the age of 7 my aunt will testifies dat
b4 i go believe u first go call dat ur aunt make she com testified for court and see if no b life in prison dem go put both of u for lying to d whole nigerians.
Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 25, 2015
My brain is not a memory card.
Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 25, 2015
yinkus204:
b4 i go believe u first go call dat ur aunt make she com testified for court and see if no b life in prison dem go put both of u for lying to d whole nigerians.
lmao,she is very far from me now ok,but that's the truth sha..I'm a good cook,my husbands go testifies....lol
Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by bummyla(m): 9:30pm On Aug 25, 2015
About 10. But before that time, I have been helping my Mum, Sister And Aunties to taste for salt and pepper; and also to add water to the food, a little salt to taste from about 6years old! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by Revolva(m): 9:33pm On Aug 25, 2015
I cooked pounded yam and egunsi soup at age 5years. Old
Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 25, 2015
AT age 9 n that was boiled yam n egg sauce mixed with sliced tomatoes n pepper. But that was after watching mum cook it several times. It came out well but my tomatoes wasnt properly fried
Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by mekonglobal(m): 9:40pm On Aug 25, 2015
[quote author=Anthony0094 post=37329830]I don't want to remember it

my first meal..........

I pass out immediately i taste it

smileycheesycheesysmileycheesy
Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by MadCow1: 9:52pm On Aug 25, 2015
At 10.. I had started boiling eggs..

By 12 I was already cooking Chicken intestine and liver peppersoup with scent leaves plucked from our small home farm.

By 14 i was cooking soup and stew with the help and supervision of my Mum who had already bought me a small pot and would set my own fire next to hers and give me portions of her ingredients to work with.

By 16 I started work as the official house boy of the house. I started going to the Market sef to buy the ingredients, wash and prep them myself and cook. When it became work, I started to hate cooking.

When I got into the University in Ghana, I was the official Nigerian soup cook for my guys in my hostel and later house.

True Story: I was one day sitting in traffic at Jakande roundabout area of Lekki Epe road and whilst there I just saw fresh meat on one Mallams table, na so I park o.. Next thing you know I was in the market buying foodstuff for Egusi soup..

Below are some pics from that waka..

Needless to say that I love and enjoy cooking as a hubby. I remember when I would sit with my mum watching food network, copying menus and trying to replicate the meals with the ingredients we could source locally and even substitute those we couldn't get. grin

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by fabulousvera(f): 9:55pm On Aug 25, 2015
Martins301:
I came home just now and my kid brothers were all smiles. The twins had this big grin grin on their faces. When I asked them why they were smiling, they told me they had both cooked our evening meal (Beans).

Ah! I thought they were joking but my doubts were cleared when they brought me a plate of the scentilating beans. Mehn! When I put one spoon inside my mouth, I momentarily forgot the pains of trekking around the city looking for one fairy-tale job.

This boys tried o. Its not easy to cook family food with such level of perfection. And they are just 11 years old! I know some girls at 21 years of age who would cook salt and add little beans and still be claiming best cook. INTROVERT I did not call your name o.

So at what age did you start cooking? Am not talking of boiling hot water and indomie o.

Sauce: Martins301

me at 17. I started cooking error then at 18/19 I became perfect. cos i learnt from the right person quite embarrassing right.
Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by politicalpastor: 10:10pm On Aug 25, 2015
[I was 6yrs. quote author=Stephansmily post=36993168]Lol..ah can't remember

So this shiit finally made FP after 10 days..[/quote]
Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by kento12: 10:14pm On Aug 25, 2015
8... I cooked yam and vegetable stew....
Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Aug 25, 2015
At d age of 8.. Cooked beans and used COLOURED as pepper!
Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by Awesomeking: 10:37pm On Aug 25, 2015
This year
Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by Rilwayne001: 10:49pm On Aug 25, 2015
Demmzy15:

**faints**

grin grin grin LWKMD.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by mikaael(m): 11:22pm On Aug 25, 2015
ladyF:
At 3 or so...I couldn't even reach the gas then, had to climb on the stool each time i wanted to cook. It sure contributed in making me the woman I am today grin

It's [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

This lady F can lie ehn...age 3?..
Wetin u sabi dah tym
Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by GENT95(m): 11:28pm On Aug 25, 2015
grin[color=#990000][/color]mehn ah cooked. mine wid ma. liru bro @ d aqe of 5.............buh @ dat tym i tout say 4 cups of rice na so e dey dey for pot...........omoh no b smal tin oooooo..........wetin we cook na wetin dem dey call white jollof rice..........no q/nut oil,tomatoes notin notin
Re: At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? by ChristyIsaac: 12:27am On Aug 26, 2015
Age 10

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lovers Of Bread, Please Come In. / Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? / Mr Bigg's, Tantalizers Or Sweet Sensations: Which Is The Best?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.