Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,713 members, 7,813,351 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

Hajj: El-rufa’i Saves N221m From Sponsorship Stoppage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hajj: El-rufa’i Saves N221m From Sponsorship Stoppage (389 Views)

Atiku Already Running For 2019 — El-rufa’i / El-rufa’i Sacks ADC For Insurbordination / Why I Stopped Issuance Of Gifts During Ramadan, Xmas – El-rufa’i ( Vanguard) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hajj: El-rufa’i Saves N221m From Sponsorship Stoppage by Rilwayne001: 10:16pm On Aug 15, 2015
*Appoints Emir of Birnin Gwari, Alhaji Zubairu Jibril, as
the 2015 Amirul-Hajj

The Kaduna State Government said it has saved N221
after the stoppage of sponsorship of pilgrimage in the
state

In a statement by the media aide to Gov. Nasiru El-
Rufa’i Mr Samuel Aruwan, on Saturday in Kaduna, while
announcing the appointment of Emir of Birnin Gwari,
Alhaji Zubairu Jibril, as the 2015 Amirul-Hajj for the
state, the statement explained that government’s
decision to stop sponsoring people for pilgrimages has
saved the state more than N221.8 million.

The statement however said the government would
send 116 officials and guides that would ensure smooth
Hajj operations for the 5,682 pilgrims from the state.
“The government will discharge its obligation to the
pilgrims and send a delegation of guides, preachers,
medical personnel, media professionals and pilgrim
officers.

“The official delegation will be led by the Emir of Birnin-
Gwari, Alhaji Zubairu Jibril, who is the 2015 Amirul-Hajj.
“In subsequent years, government will consider ways of
further reducing its expenses while protecting the
comfort of pilgrims,’’ it said. (NAN)

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/hajj-el-rufai-saves-n221m-from-sponsorship-stoppage/
lalasticlala
Re: Hajj: El-rufa’i Saves N221m From Sponsorship Stoppage by ladyF(f): 10:18pm On Aug 15, 2015
Desperate times call for desperate measures...
Re: Hajj: El-rufa’i Saves N221m From Sponsorship Stoppage by donholy28(m): 10:20pm On Aug 15, 2015
Good! the money should be used for something productive instead
Re: Hajj: El-rufa’i Saves N221m From Sponsorship Stoppage by Rilwayne001: 10:27pm On Aug 15, 2015
Very good to see that he is emulating the Federal Government decision to stop sponsoring people to hajj. I believe El-rufai will make a good VP beside Fashola or Osinbajo come 2023.

cc: lalasticlala

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Leaders Insist Buhari Is Being Influenced / UN: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Idps Worldwide / Who Was The ISIS Terrorist Planning To Visit In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.