Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,798 members, 7,841,095 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Ikot Ekpene Rocks Fancy Sheraton (pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikot Ekpene Rocks Fancy Sheraton (pics) (5787 Views)

John Odigie Oyegun's 78th Birthday Celebration At Sheraton Hotel, Abuja (Photos) / Pictures Of Ikote Ekpene Road Aba, Another FG Road Governo Ikpeazu Is Rebuilding / Excitement As FG Fixes Ikot-ekpene-umuahia Highway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikot Ekpene Rocks Fancy Sheraton (pics) by Sunnymatey(m): 8:57am On Aug 16, 2015
Uncommon transformation part 1. Let's watch out for part 2.
Re: Ikot Ekpene Rocks Fancy Sheraton (pics) by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 16, 2015
docadams:
I hope it is a privately owned venture as the name suggests, otherwise, trust politicians to run it down.

No. Its not. Its Government own managed by foreigner..

Now they have 2 world standard Hotels..

1)La Meridien @ Ifiayong Usuk, Uyo.
2) Four Points By Sheranton @Ikot Ekpene round about...
Re: Ikot Ekpene Rocks Fancy Sheraton (pics) by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 16, 2015
sluvy4tune:
I still do believe this funds should have been channelled into other most needed projects for Ikot-Ikpene

What's the need of having this hotel without patronage ? Or abi its for beatification or abi na hotel for the future

Raffia city is about 45mins away from Uyo, About 120mins away from the airport, Most major Oil staff in the state either has a lodge or reside close to their work stations (eket etc)

so having a hotel of this magnitutde in Ikot Ikpene has no impact on the masses without Jobs.

Note: As at my last check, the photo posted by the Op was taken as at when built/Commission, Someone shared some photos on facebook few days ago of how Weed is taking over some part of the hotel

Typical Yoruba man. They will even advice you on how to take care of your own house.
Re: Ikot Ekpene Rocks Fancy Sheraton (pics) by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 16, 2015
sluvy4tune:
I still do believe this funds should have been channelled into other most needed projects for Ikot-Ikpene

What's the need of having this hotel without patronage ? Or abi its for beatification or abi na hotel for the future

Raffia city is about 45mins away from Uyo, About 120mins away from the airport, Most major Oil staff in the state either has a lodge or reside close to their work stations (eket etc)

so having a hotel of this magnitutde in Ikot Ikpene has no impact on the masses without Jobs.

Note: As at my last check, the photo posted by the Op was taken as at when built/Commission, Someone shared some photos on facebook few days ago of how Weed is taking over some part of the hotel

You lied.... Do you know how much revenue gov't do rake from those hotels? Example, La Meridien?

Four Pint by Sheranton is a blessing to Ikot Ekpene Senatorial district cos it will provide the youths of the area with employment opportunities.

La Meridien has over 1500 workers mostly Uyo senatorial districts.

Also, there's nothing like weed growing all over the place.. I passed there last week,,, work is still ongoing.. Foreign contractors are all over the place. Stop been gullible...

AkwaIbom State under Akpabio did Marvelously well..... I know you are an Umanaism... Also, concerning the ExonMobil staff, is it AKS gov't that would build them Lodge? What then would ExonMobil do for its workers?

Go and have sit bro..
Re: Ikot Ekpene Rocks Fancy Sheraton (pics) by Nobody: 9:57am On Aug 16, 2015
Mynd44:

Unless I miss my guess, this does not belong to the government so how do you intend to tell private investors how to spend their money?

Its owned by AKS Gov't.. This is the their 2nd hotel.. But whatever that yoruba guy posted about the hotel is a lie...

As of last week when I left the state, work is still ongoing, workers are speeding up the place cos it would be on by December...

Also, There's nothing like weed growing up there. Debunk that guy story. Aks knows how to nanage their properties..
Re: Ikot Ekpene Rocks Fancy Sheraton (pics) by Mynd44: 10:01am On Aug 16, 2015
alfred5:

Its owned by AKS Gov't.. This is the their 2nd hotel.. But whatever that yoruba guy posted about the hotel is a lie...

As of last week when I left the state, work is still ongoing, workers are speeding up the place cos it would be on by December...

Also, There's nothing like weed growing up there. Debunk that guy story. Aks knows how to nanage their properties..
The state has a state in it and not ownership.
Re: Ikot Ekpene Rocks Fancy Sheraton (pics) by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 16, 2015
herald9:

Kudos to Akpabio.

But this edifice is just for beautification and nothing more. Akpabio should've concentrated on structures that will improve our standard of living, not taking from it. I can't believe the ultramodern hospital he's been busy advertising is still in shambles and he singlehandedly closed down our plaza in Uyo in the name of renovating, now the place is a shadow of what it used to be compared to the one at Ikot Ekpene.

The man wasn't loyal at all.

Hey don't lie,,, Plaza is still working . Very active place.... Yes, they wanted to upgrade it to another level.. But its never closed down cos everyother activities are still on....
Re: Ikot Ekpene Rocks Fancy Sheraton (pics) by docadams: 10:15am On Aug 16, 2015
alfred5:

No. Its not. Its Government own managed by foreigner..
Now they have 2 world standard Hotels..
1)La Meridien @ Ifiayong Usuk, Uyo. 2) Four Points By Sheranton @Ikot Ekpene round about...
Haba! Why should govt repeat the mistake of the past.
Re: Ikot Ekpene Rocks Fancy Sheraton (pics) by sluvy4tune(m): 10:27am On Aug 16, 2015
alfred5:

You lied.... Do you know how much revenue gov't do rake from those hotels? Example, La Meridien?

Four Pint by Sheranton is a blessing to Ikot Ekpene Senatorial district cos it will provide the youths of the area with employment opportunities.

La Meridien has over 1500 workers mostly Uyo senatorial districts.

Also, there's nothing like weed growing all over the place.. I passed there last week,,, work is still ongoing.. Foreign contractors are all over the place. Stop been gullible...

AkwaIbom State under Akpabio did Marvelously well..... I know you are an Umanaism... Also, concerning the ExonMobil staff, is it AKS gov't that would build them Lodge? What then would ExonMobil do for its workers?

Go and have sit bro..

Which one be umanaism ? You make me laugh bro

Go thru my profile and you will realise I have accorded Akpabio the Merit he deserves on his Transformational Stride, but since am not an Uncommon Praise Singer like most Akwa Ibomite, my objective analysis will always be viewed one sided,

First you compared Lemeridien to Four Point ? On what basis are you comparing both hotels ?

Who are those who Patronise a hotel most often
?

Event Planners
Travellers/Tourist
Company/Business/Organizations/Government

How many Government functions takes place in Ikot ikpene ?

How many events happens in Ikot Ikpene ? Where are the companies/Industries to lodge their staff in ikot ikpene ?

Which Traveller will land at Uyo Airport and drive over 120mins to lodge in Ikot Ikpene when there are options in Uyo ?

Proximity to your destination is the first consideration any Body who needs a hotel considers.

Face reality sir/ma that Project for now is not the most needed Project in ikot ikpene, if that hotel is not well patronise forget ever getting a job there .
Re: Ikot Ekpene Rocks Fancy Sheraton (pics) by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 16, 2015
Beautiful Ikot-Ekpene. Akpabio did some marvellous jobs at Ikot-Ekpene. As a tourist site, this hotel might work. Hopefully it won't be as expensive as the 4 points in Lagos or la'meridien in Uyo.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Weep For My Yoruba Brothers, The Man Finally Dies / NBC Charges Other Governors To Emulate Ayade On Industrialisation / JUST IN: Photos Of Senator Ifeanyi Ubah’s Slain Aides Emerge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.