Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,075 members, 7,818,217 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Excitement As FG Fixes Ikot-ekpene-umuahia Highway - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Excitement As FG Fixes Ikot-ekpene-umuahia Highway (16534 Views)

Excitement As Gov. Ugwuanyi Inaugurates 1000 Youths To Clean Up Enugu / Charms, Fetish Items Dropped At Ikot Ekpene - Uyo Highway In Akwa Ibom / Pictures Of Ikote Ekpene Road Aba, Another FG Road Governo Ikpeazu Is Rebuilding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Excitement As FG Fixes Ikot-ekpene-umuahia Highway by sarrki(m): 6:54am On Dec 20, 2016
As the Christmas and New Year ap­proach, residents of Abia State and commut­ers on the nightmarish Umuahia-Ikot-Ekpene fed­eral highway are excited that the Federal Government has commenced palliative work on the road.

The government, through the Federal Road Maintenance Agency (FER­MA), commenced work on the road at the weekend.

The deplorable condition of the highway has remained a source of concern to mo­torists and commuters fol­lowing the high rate of acci­dents, destruction of life and property on the road.

The highway, which serves as the major link road between Abia and Akwa Ibom States, has suffered decades of neglect thus worsening the plight of commuters and com­munities living along the road, particularly on the Abia end.

At the commencement of work on the road project, the representative of FERMA, Mr. Abraham Akange, said that the government’s deci­sion to fix the highway was due to the pressure from the National Assembly members from Abia State.

He particularly acknowl­edged the efforts of Senator Theodore Orji, representing Abia Central Senatorial Dis­trict; and the member repre­senting Ikwuano-Umuahia in the House of Representatives, Chief Sam Onuigbo.

According to him, their pressure on FERMA and the Federal Ministry of Works for the rehabilitation of the road was so tense that an emer­gency meeting had to be con­vened by the Minister, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, in Abu­ja, where the plan for the pal­liative work was unveiled and ratified.

Akange said that adequate provisions had been made for the project and urged the con­tractor to do a quality job.

Akange, however, blamed the frequent collapse of roads in Nigeria on the absence of functional railway system, which according to him, sub­jects the highways to severe pressure.

In his remarks, Onuigbo expressed joy that at last the government had decided to give attention to the road.

Onuigbo, who is the Chairman, House Commit­tee on Climate Change, said that the rehabilitation of the highway was one of his major campaign promises. He said that full rehabilitation of the road would commence next year, having been captured in the 2017 Budget.

Describing the road as very strategic to the people of the South East and South-South geo-political zones, Onuigbo praised the gov­ernment for the initiative and pleaded that the project should be delivered on sched­ule.

Senator Orji expressed delight that the plight of the people of the area and mo­torists would be reduced by the palliative work, especial­ly during the Yuletide.

Orji, a former governor of Abia State, therefore, urged FERMA and the contractor to ensure that the project was not abandoned.

He pledged the contin­ued support of the National Assembly members from the area for the completion of the project.

http://authorityngr.com/2016/12/Excitement-as-FG-fixes-Ikot-Ekpene-Umuahia-Highway/

1 Like

Re: Excitement As FG Fixes Ikot-ekpene-umuahia Highway by Caseless: 6:57am On Dec 20, 2016
cool

That's long overdue!

Worshippers of "hero" won't come here now to tell us how hero commissioned the road before leaving office or how the contract was awarded by him .

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Excitement As FG Fixes Ikot-ekpene-umuahia Highway by EternalTruths: 7:02am On Dec 20, 2016
Caseless:
cool

That's long overdue!

Worshippers of "hero" won't come here now to tell us how hero commissioned the road before leaving office or how the contract was awarded by him .

You mean Buhari is happy repairing a one lane express road undecided

Tell your ancient grandfather to expand that highway to 6 lanes if he means business angry

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Excitement As FG Fixes Ikot-ekpene-umuahia Highway by Atiku2019: 7:02am On Dec 20, 2016
Nice One
Re: Excitement As FG Fixes Ikot-ekpene-umuahia Highway by Caseless: 7:07am On Dec 20, 2016
EternalTruths:

You mean Buhari is happy repairing a one lane express road undecided

Tell your ancient grandfather to expand that highway to 6 lanes if he means business angry
your celebrated drunken hero was clueless that he didn't repair the one lane, he left it just as he met it.

It's only in your region where ratio of asinines to reasonable persons is high that you'd celebrate a person who left the " one lane " worst than he met it over someone who's fixing it.

What do you guys eat in your region that takes away your sense of reasoning?

153 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Excitement As FG Fixes Ikot-ekpene-umuahia Highway by EternalTruths: 7:13am On Dec 20, 2016
Caseless:
your celebrated drunken hero was clueless that he didn't repair the one lane, he left it just as he met it.

It's only in your region where ratio of asinines to reasonable persons is high that you'd celebrate a person who left the " one lane " worst than he met it over someone who's fixing it.

What do you guys eat in your region that takes away your sense of reasoning?

My hero was fixing the North in his first term with the plan to fix the South in his second term before hopeless Afonjas ganged up with their masters against him

But your demonic and sectional hero right from day one has never meant well for the South.

Worthless President grin

60 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Excitement As FG Fixes Ikot-ekpene-umuahia Highway by Godprotectigbos(f): 7:14am On Dec 20, 2016
Re: Excitement As FG Fixes Ikot-ekpene-umuahia Highway by DelGardo: 7:16am On Dec 20, 2016
Mixed feelings on this news:

-Happy my president is pushing ahead with critical capital expenditure in the East despite the un-explainable hatred. Something no other president has done since 1999 (the massive road interventions, that is)

-Annoyed at the veiw of the lazy glory-hunter sinators trying to take credit where they did diddly-sqat. See as that idiot called Theo Orji dey talk too, after leaving the road unattended for 8 years.

-Uncomfortable with FERMA as the project driver. They hardly use reputable contractors. This road should not be handled by class B contractors.

-This is the change I voted for, even with greatly reduced revenue PMB leadership is delivering results where hero failed horribly.

God bless Buhari. Yagazie

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Excitement As FG Fixes Ikot-ekpene-umuahia Highway by Caseless: 7:18am On Dec 20, 2016
EternalTruths:

My hero was fixing the North in his first term with the plan to fix the South in his second term before hopeless Afonjas ganged up with their masters against him

But your demonic and sectional hero right from day one has never meant well for the South.

Worthless President grin
I have a better word to use in describing you, but I won't so as not to be banned.

Point one thing he did in the north or keep your empty lies to yourself forever.

If he's not a numskull just like his followers, why would a sitting president focus his attention on one region while waiting for second tenure which he's not sure of to fix the other region?

You're worst than Jonathan in everything bad...

120 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Excitement As FG Fixes Ikot-ekpene-umuahia Highway by Wanice: 7:19am On Dec 20, 2016
I still passed through this road yesterday. Stop spreading false information!!!!

1 Like

Re: Excitement As FG Fixes Ikot-ekpene-umuahia Highway by onnenka: 7:20am On Dec 20, 2016
Yoruba muslim propaganda. No pics?

5 Likes

Re: Excitement As FG Fixes Ikot-ekpene-umuahia Highway by Mujaheeeden: 7:22am On Dec 20, 2016
Caseless:
I have a better word to use in describing you, but I won't so as not to be banned.

Point one thing he did in the north or keep your empty lies to yourself forever.

If he's not a numskull just like his followers, why would a sitting president focus his attention on one region while waiting for second tenure which he's not sure of to fix the other region?

You're worst than Jonathan in everything bad...
The Almajiri schools he built for the North has been converted to cattle ranch because the North enjoys being backward.

The North don't need roads rather they need massive investment in Education

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Excitement As FG Fixes Ikot-ekpene-umuahia Highway by Nobody: 7:36am On Dec 20, 2016
Propaganda, where are the pics

1 Like

Re: Excitement As FG Fixes Ikot-ekpene-umuahia Highway by betterABIAstate: 7:36am On Dec 20, 2016
Caseless:
cool

That's long overdue!

did you read this part?

"At the commencement of work on the road project, the representative of FERMA, Mr. Abraham Akange, said that the government’s deci­sion to fix the highway was due to the pressure from the National Assembly members from Abia State

He particularly acknowl­edged the efforts of Senator Theodore Orji, representing Abia Central Senatorial Dis­trict; and the member repre­senting Ikwuano-Umuahia in the House of Representatives, Chief Sam Onuigbo

According to him, their pressure on FERMA and the Federal Ministry of Works for the rehabilitation of the road was so tense that an emer­gency meeting had to be con­vened by the Minister, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, in Abu­ja, where the plan for the pal­liative work was unveiled and ratified."

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Excitement As FG Fixes Ikot-ekpene-umuahia Highway by pacino26(m): 7:41am On Dec 20, 2016
I passed through that road yesterday, there was no presence of even F talk more FERMA.

From Umuahia through Ikwuano to Ikot Ekpene nothing to show for this fake news. I'll be on my way back today and will add shots.

12 Likes

Re: Excitement As FG Fixes Ikot-ekpene-umuahia Highway by Sunnymatey(m): 7:43am On Dec 20, 2016
Wanice:
I was still passed through this road yesterday. Stop spreading false information!!!!
At least the classrooms are still open you can get enrole. Stop committing murder

20 Likes

Re: Excitement As FG Fixes Ikot-ekpene-umuahia Highway by Caseless: 7:51am On Dec 20, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
[s]The Almajiri schools he built for the North has been converted to cattle ranch because the North enjoys being backward.

The North don't need roads rather they need massive investment in Education[/s]

300 almajiri schools in the north, yet I'm yet see just one. Liars!

37 Likes

Re: Excitement As FG Fixes Ikot-ekpene-umuahia Highway by truthspeaks: 7:58am On Dec 20, 2016
Zombies like sarrki struggling to get us to clap for their master grin cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: Excitement As FG Fixes Ikot-ekpene-umuahia Highway by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 20, 2016
grin grin grin grin
Re: Excitement As FG Fixes Ikot-ekpene-umuahia Highway by Femich18(m): 8:01am On Dec 20, 2016
Nice one
Re: Excitement As FG Fixes Ikot-ekpene-umuahia Highway by Danny287(m): 8:04am On Dec 20, 2016
Am coming
Re: Excitement As FG Fixes Ikot-ekpene-umuahia Highway by bangging(m): 8:04am On Dec 20, 2016
Caseless:
cool

That's long overdue!

what is this one talking about sef?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Excitement As FG Fixes Ikot-ekpene-umuahia Highway by adioolayi(m): 8:05am On Dec 20, 2016
EternalTruths:

Worthless President grin

Charity they say Begins at home

7 Likes

Re: Excitement As FG Fixes Ikot-ekpene-umuahia Highway by Mcowubaba: 8:05am On Dec 20, 2016
wonderful.
That road is an eyesore.
One of the Worst Federal Road in Nigeria...
Buhari is gradually winning my support..
Î hope Gov Ikpeazu will not come and put his signpost beside the road construction to claim he is the person that did the road or attracted the Project.
That is what Thief A Orji used to do...
Nigeria will be better..

Pls those in Umuahia, has Ikpeazu allocated Billions to buy big Christmas tree to put infront of Government house (Library Avenue)

3 Likes

Re: Excitement As FG Fixes Ikot-ekpene-umuahia Highway by RentALodge: 8:06am On Dec 20, 2016
You may not be impressed with what Fashola is doing in Power and Housing, but for an the administration that inherited road contractual liabilities worth N1.5tn, what Fashola has managed to do in this recession in terms of WORKS is fairly impressive. He had inherited about 206 road projects already contracted out; with outstanding completion costs in the region of N1.5 Trillion. Although the works ministry share of the 2016 appropriation was N260 Billion, which was a lot more than the 2015 budget of only N18 Billion that the last administration left, it is a drop in the ocean against the liabilities that were outstanding to contractors.

This Rehabilitation (which is what palliative work on a road really means) of Ikot-Ekpene-Umuahia Highway is a feather on his cap. I plied this route many times in 2011-2012 and it's one of the worst roads to ply in the world, I mean it. You need to really see it to believe it.

I hope 2017 provides him with the opportunity to do more on Power. The country needs him to man up to the challenge.

10 Likes

Re: Excitement As FG Fixes Ikot-ekpene-umuahia Highway by sesaan(m): 8:07am On Dec 20, 2016
EternalTruths:

Worthless President grin
WHERE IN THE NORTH DID HE FIX

7 Likes

Re: Excitement As FG Fixes Ikot-ekpene-umuahia Highway by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:08am On Dec 20, 2016
That's good.
Re: Excitement As FG Fixes Ikot-ekpene-umuahia Highway by Caseless: 8:10am On Dec 20, 2016
betterABIAstate:
did you read this part?

"At the commencement of work on the road project, the representative of FERMA, Mr. Abraham Akange, said that the government’s deci­sion to fix the highway was due to the pressure from the National Assembly members from Abia State

He particularly acknowl­edged the efforts of Senator Theodore Orji, representing Abia Central Senatorial Dis­trict; and the member repre­senting Ikwuano-Umuahia in the House of Representatives, Chief Sam Onuigbo

According to him, their pressure on FERMA and the Federal Ministry of Works for the rehabilitation of the road was so tense that an emer­gency meeting had to be con­vened by the Minister, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, in Abu­ja, where the plan for the pal­liative work was unveiled and ratified."
the members did what they're supposed to do . It's one thing to put pressure on the government, and it's another thing for the government to yield.

If the government refuses to do the the road, what would your representatives do?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Excitement As FG Fixes Ikot-ekpene-umuahia Highway by higherpower: 8:10am On Dec 20, 2016
If this doesn't give sense to our IPOB yoot! Nothing will

2 Likes

Re: Excitement As FG Fixes Ikot-ekpene-umuahia Highway by hisgrace090: 8:11am On Dec 20, 2016
To God be the glory.
And bravo to the listening govt.

1 Like

Re: Excitement As FG Fixes Ikot-ekpene-umuahia Highway by VellyG(m): 8:11am On Dec 20, 2016
EternalTruths:

Worthless President grin
I beg tell the useless bastard well.

1 Like

Re: Excitement As FG Fixes Ikot-ekpene-umuahia Highway by BuyGoats: 8:11am On Dec 20, 2016
Good news.

Please check my signature for your Christmas goats. Thanks for your patronage so far.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Replies Tinubu: You Admitted Buhari, APC Have Failed / Tony Momoh: North Will Shock South In 2023 Over Presidency / Professor Umar Garba Danbatta Re-appointed Chief Executive Of NCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.