Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,801 members, 7,813,636 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

How Do I Heal My Friend's Hurt - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Heal My Friend's Hurt (1095 Views)

How Did You Heal From Your Heartbreak?? / Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Heal My Friend's Hurt by Uby40(m): 12:35pm On Mar 25, 2009
It's quite absurd my confessing this,cos i'm a rather shy fella with it comes to opening up. well my confession goes thus:

I had been out of love for almost a year now,and i thought it was time i got into a relationship.
i had just one female companion in mind, who happens to also be my friend in the faculty. we are really close frnds,and she's been there for me althrough my pain-days.
i wooed her conderning my desire to be her man, and she turned me down,wit the pretext that she thinks the friendship is more worthy. i was broken for days,cos it refreshed my heart of my past pain. recenlty( in Jan') i met a female frnd,whom we do get along pretty cool,and lately the attraction started growing. well, recently she had to come over to visit me,and apperently we are having a healthy relationship at the moment,and i am beginning to feel alive to love once again.
but the twist here is that when i got her introduced to my frnd at the Faculty, she went as cold as ice,and she's been like that till date. i got her talking,and she said she's always been in love wit me all these while, but she was scared i was like the other guys. as i am speaking to u guys, she has apperently walked out of our frndship,snubs me thesedays; cos she feels d hurt is too much, seeing me with another lady. i really need her frndship, but i cant leave my lady for nothing,cos she's brought me my long lost happiness.

how do i heal my frnd's hurt?
Re: How Do I Heal My Friend's Hurt by charminme(f): 1:45pm On Mar 25, 2009
'Hurt' is not something u can take away like that ,
It is not ur fault at least she knws ur intensions
I will advice u let her be, wen she strong enuf or have someone she cares about she will be gud around u
I dnt knw y some girls like fronting,
Except u are ready to losse ur girlfriend then u can heal the hurt

Just that u guys, sometimes, dnt knw wat u want
am having the feelin the soft spot u had for her is still there undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do I Heal My Friend's Hurt by Amigoz(f): 1:54pm On Mar 25, 2009
Uby40:

It's quite absurd my confessing this,cos i'm a rather shy fella with it comes to opening up. well my confession goes thus:

I had been out of love for almost a year now,and i thought it was time i got into a relationship.
i had just one female companion in mind, who happens to also be my friend in the faculty. we are really close frnds,and she's been there for me althrough my pain-days.
i wooed her conderning my desire to be her man, and she turned me down,wit the pretext that[b] she thinks the friendship is more worthy[/b]. i was broken for days,cos it refreshed my heart of my past pain. recenlty( in Jan') i met a female frnd,whom we do get along pretty cool,and lately the attraction started growing. well, recently she had to come over to visit me,and apperently we are having a healthy relationship at the moment,and i am beginning to feel alive to love once again.
but the twist here is that when i got her introduced to my frnd at the Faculty, she went as cold as ice,and she's been like that till date. i got her talking,and she said she's always been in love wit me all these while, but she was scared i was like the other guys. as i am speaking to u guys, she has apperently walked out of our frndship,snubs me thesedays; cos she feels d hurt is too much, seeing me with another lady. i really need her frndship, but i cant leave my lady for nothing,cos she's brought me my long lost happiness.

how do i heal my frnd's hurt?

Not ur place to heal her hurt
She had the chance and she bone face, in her own words 'ur friendship is worth more than being an item'
so wot exactly is her hurt? undecided
If I were u, I will re-examine this so called friendship with her, snubbing u isnt wot a good friend should be doing.
Give her time to sort herself out, the hurt isnt urs to ease.
All d best with ur new found love.
Re: How Do I Heal My Friend's Hurt by MoneyRule(m): 4:08pm On Mar 25, 2009
Her 'hurt' isn't yours to heal,what did she expect? That you will continue to just be her friend forever and never move on(never have a r/ship)? She had choices and she chose to remain a friend,why is she hurt that you have a girlfriend?
My take: Give her space to sort herself out and accept the fact but don't ignore her,keep calling her from time to time and hopefully,with time, she'll accept that "the friendship is more worthy" grin
Re: How Do I Heal My Friend's Hurt by Ifedisky(m): 5:46pm On Mar 25, 2009
In assuaging someone's hurt feelings what we look out for is where we did wrong. Did you do any wrong? From your story, i think not! She had options but she took the wrong bend. It must not be all about her. Did she not realise she was at risk of losing your friendship when she turned you down? So which "sin" is weightier, your's or her's?
To respect what you had with her, don't flaunt your new beau in her face and don't discuss how wonderful she might be.You might tell your beau so that she'll understand why you have to see this lady sometimes. Give her some time, she'll come over it if you don't give in to the temptation of taking advantage of a hurting woman. Be disciplined and you'll stay outta the FIRE
Re: How Do I Heal My Friend's Hurt by viperman: 6:46pm On Mar 25, 2009
Y
Ifedisky:

In assuaging someone's hurt feelings what we look out for is where we did wrong. Did you do any wrong? From your story, i think not! She had options but she took the wrong bend. It must not be all about her. Did she not realise she was at risk of losing your friendship when she turned you down? So which "sin" is weightier, your's or her's?
To respect what you had with her, don't flaunt your new beau in her face and don't discuss how wonderful she might be.You might tell your beau so that she'll understand why you have to see this lady sometimes. Give her some time, she'll come over it if you don't give in to the temptation of taking advantage of a hurting woman. Be disciplined and you'll stay outta the FIRE

Don't just make this mistake if you want to have a peaceful relationship with your new beau, cuz she'll think you had something with her before, and still have feeling s for her(which you obviously do).
Just walk up to this old friend of yours, ask her if this her new snubbing behavior is what a real friend should be doing to a friend she claims she really likes? Then ask her if she expected you to stay single all your life waiting for her?
Tell her, She turned you down stating she preferred the friendship to a relationship, and u sacrificed your hurting heart for her happiness then because you truly loved her and you expect her to do same for you now.
Let her know that you still like her, but you'd never hurt another woman to please another, ask her if she was your present girl, would she like it if you left her for another girl for same reasons?
Let her know clearly that you would never do that to someone's heart. This way she'd even see you as a faithful person and different from other guys, just incase you breakup with your present girlfriend, and want to get back with her. She'd trust you're not like other guys. wink
Re: How Do I Heal My Friend's Hurt by Nobody: 7:25pm On Mar 25, 2009
Eyha! she was cautious and missed out. U have to let her be, she'll heal in time.
Re: How Do I Heal My Friend's Hurt by Uby40(m): 10:55pm On Mar 25, 2009
Dez responses r so down 2 earth.I'm amazed.I rily missed a warmth in d 'land,all bcoz of my concentration on skool & acedemics.I'l put dez advices 2 work.Thanks a zillion fellas.
Re: How Do I Heal My Friend's Hurt by bluespice(f): 11:04pm On Mar 25, 2009
dude i wont blame the girl ur friend i mean she was being cautious her only fault tho was no telling u the real reason she was
turning u down
that said, u have to decide if u really like this new girl or not
keep on talking to ur friend tho
but dont brin up the new girl's issue around her atleast not just yet

honestly im as confused as u are i guess ull just have to know how to handle both ladies
they both have their spaces in ur life
dont compromise any if u dont have to
Re: How Do I Heal My Friend's Hurt by topup: 2:24am On Mar 26, 2009
It's not your fault that she got hurt, she's probably really sensitive and sometimes we can't help people getting hurt. She really has no one to blame but she went along to try and blame you anyways.

Don't worry too much, just maintain that you never meant to hurt her and be there for her if she needs to talk about it or return as a friend. I think it's just her pride that's hurt at the moment, and to heal that pain, all she needs to do is to suck it in.
Re: How Do I Heal My Friend's Hurt by amebono13: 2:51am On Mar 26, 2009
uby40 is in school?i tot the guy said hes thru with school

emmm dont come up wt that master degree or PHD lie oooooo
Re: How Do I Heal My Friend's Hurt by Youngpo413: 5:27pm On Dec 11, 2014
charminme:
'Hurt' is not something u can take away like that ,
It is not ur fault at least she knws ur intensions
I will advice u let her be, wen she strong enuf or have someone she cares about she will be gud around u
I dnt knw y some girls like fronting,
Except u are ready to losse ur girlfriend then u can heal the hurt

Just that u guys, sometimes, dnt knw wat u want
am having the feelin the soft spot u had for her is still there undecided
GBAM
Re: How Do I Heal My Friend's Hurt by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 11, 2014
Op, you know very little about the ladies code..
Her 'no' was a 'yes'..
All you were supposed to do was to start acting like her boyfriend..
Its her fault, so let her be...
Women forming Shakara since creation..

(1) (Reply)

Devil And The Red Sea / How Old Is Too Old/ Too Young For You To Date? / More Women Spy On Husbands With Technology–study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.