Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,315 members, 7,836,370 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

APC Lists Cases Of Looting Buhari Can’t Ignore - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Lists Cases Of Looting Buhari Can’t Ignore (3116 Views)

APC Lists Buhari’s Achievements Despite Report Of Economic Recession / Ibrahim Idris Accused Of Looting And Sexual Relationship With Subordinates / APC Lists N440bn Fraud Cases Against Jonathan Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Lists Cases Of Looting Buhari Can’t Ignore by kestolove95(m): 5:44pm On Aug 16, 2015
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has described as spine-chilling and mind-boggling the massive looting of the nation’s treasury by public officials, saying nothing but the total recovery of the funds will be acceptable to all patriotic Nigerians.

In a statement issued in Lagos on Sunday by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the party said anyone who attempts, either by deeds or words, to sabotage the recovery efforts is not a patriot and deserves nothing but public opprobrium.

It therefore thanked Nigerians for their overwhelming support for the Buhari Administration in its tough but important task of tracing and recovering the loots, while also ensuring that the looters face justice.

”It is absolutely gratifying that Nigerians are vehemently opposed to the few who would rather have the government of the day turn a blind eye to the looted funds and, in their words, carry on with the process of governance.

”Truly, what sort of governance can go on if the billions of Naira in a few hands are not recovered? In the first instance, the government needs every kobo of the funds it can muster to bring about the change it has promised Nigerians. Secondly, leaving such hair-raising funds in the hands of the few looters is dangerous, because they can use the funds to destabilize any government. In fact, no one will be surprised if the looters use their dirty funds to sponsor public demonstrations against the government’s determination to recover the funds.

”Thirdly, allowing those who privatized the commonwealth to get away is offering a thumbs-up for looting. No responsible government will do that,” APC said.

The party said that already, the looters have embarked on a relentless and an increasingly-bold campaign to discredit the government of the day and sabotage the funds’ recovery process, using newspaper columnists, ‘talking heads’ and otherwise respectable opinion leaders.

”They and their paid hirelings have tried to employ sophistry to muddle the waters, but Nigerians are much wiser, and will not succumb to the dirty antics of the looters’ megaphones,” it said.

APC said it is necessary to remind Nigerians of the kind of massive looting of the treasury that took place in the past few years, so they can better appreciate the seriousness of the issue at stake. It therefore listed some instances of the looting as follows:

– 3.8 trillion Naira out of the 8.1 trillion Naira earned from crude oil (2012-2015) withheld by NNPC

– 2.1 billion US dollars from Excess Crude Account unaccounted for

– Department of Petroleum Resources’ unremitted 109.7 billion Naira royalty from oil firms

– 6 billion US dollars allegedly looted by some Ministers of the last Administration

– 160 million barrels of crude worth 13.9 billion US dollars lost between 2009 and 2012

– 15 million US dollars from botched arms deal yet to be returned to Nigeria

​- 13 billion US dollars​ in NLNG dividends mostly unaccounted for

​- 30 billion Naira rice waiver​

​- 183 billion naira​ unaccounted for at the NDDC

​ The party said the listed ‘missing’ funds constituted just a tip of the iceberg since they are mostly from a few sectors of the economy, mostly the oil sector, and were discovered even before the forensic audit now being undertaken in some key areas.

”The level of looting that went on in other sectors is better imagined, hence the need for all Nigerians to rally around the Buhari Administration to recover the loots, bring the looters to justice and to put in place measures to prevent such looting in the future,” it said.

http://newsdiaryonline.com/apc-lists-cases-of-looting-buhari-cant-ignore/

4 Likes

Re: APC Lists Cases Of Looting Buhari Can’t Ignore by HungerBAD: 5:44pm On Aug 16, 2015
And there are people that wanted Goodluck Jonathan to continue ruling.

This is the oil sector only.

We have not touched CBN,FCT,WORKS and Housing,Aviation and a host of others. This is really sad, as i see no reason why Nigerian's struggle, i see no reason why there are thousands of unemployed graduates.

PDP is the definition of man's inhumanity to another.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Lists Cases Of Looting Buhari Can’t Ignore by idolda: 5:46pm On Aug 16, 2015
Let go then
Re: APC Lists Cases Of Looting Buhari Can’t Ignore by freshness2020: 5:48pm On Aug 16, 2015
IBB ,obasanjo,Tinubu and all must also be probed..
..until then. Everyone of your move is a scam.

9 Likes

Re: APC Lists Cases Of Looting Buhari Can’t Ignore by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 16, 2015
They should add the millions of Naira approved by Jonathan for the purchase of Kerosene stoves just few days to the end of his tenure.

2 Likes

Re: APC Lists Cases Of Looting Buhari Can’t Ignore by Generalkorex(m): 5:56pm On Aug 16, 2015
Add tinubu and the tax company in lagos state to it.

2 Likes

Re: APC Lists Cases Of Looting Buhari Can’t Ignore by kamair237(m): 6:02pm On Aug 16, 2015
Billions Billions Billions........ ahh ahh
Re: APC Lists Cases Of Looting Buhari Can’t Ignore by Femolacaster(m): 6:19pm On Aug 16, 2015
I am glad to be among sane Nigerians that swept away cluelessness from Aso rock.

4 Likes

Re: APC Lists Cases Of Looting Buhari Can’t Ignore by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 16, 2015
This deserves frontage lalasticlala (hope I spelt it rightly)

1 Like

Re: APC Lists Cases Of Looting Buhari Can’t Ignore by hinwazaka: 6:38pm On Aug 16, 2015
HungerBAD:

We have not touched CBN,FCT,WORKS and Housing,Aviation and a host of others. This is really sad, as i see no reason why Nigerian's struggle, i see no reason why there are thousands of unemployed graduates.

They splashed figured on the newspapers without recourse to litigious investigations and you swallow it hook, line and sinker. You are just the right citizen needed in this new SS media run government
FYI: Hillary Clinton was accused of leaking classified information through her emails. The FBI just took hold of her emails to peruse through for their investigations. She has not been tried by the media yet. The government didn't rush to try her, neither did her opposition rush to declare her guilt. Everyone is waiting for the proper thing to be done first before ascertaining if she is guilty or not. That is the way a system is run, not this media show we are witnessing called a government

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Lists Cases Of Looting Buhari Can’t Ignore by mrrock: 8:41pm On Aug 16, 2015
I will start taking Buhari serious when I see handcuffs of the hands of OBJ, Tinubu, Atiku. There're many of them that should be in jail, but these 3 are known thieves nationwide.

5 Likes

Re: APC Lists Cases Of Looting Buhari Can’t Ignore by mikolo80: 9:36pm On Aug 16, 2015
HungerBAD:

those are some of the reasons listed above br'er
Re: APC Lists Cases Of Looting Buhari Can’t Ignore by TIMEISWISDOM(m): 9:58pm On Aug 16, 2015
Nonsense

3 Likes

Re: APC Lists Cases Of Looting Buhari Can’t Ignore by omoalaro: 4:34am On Aug 17, 2015
Looting was completely deregulated during Jonathan's time.

1 Like

Re: APC Lists Cases Of Looting Buhari Can’t Ignore by MKO4ever(m): 4:37am On Aug 17, 2015
They should just leave Buhari alone to do his work, I don't trust any of those party guys

2 Likes

Re: APC Lists Cases Of Looting Buhari Can’t Ignore by disloman(m): 4:43am On Aug 17, 2015
freshness2020:
IBB ,obasanjo,Tinubu and all must also be probed..
..until then. Everyone of your move is a scam.
Noooo bros.Not only them,Also all d pple who stole meat from soup pots,money from their parents purses.Ode!.Y did GEJ probed d previous govt?Oponu.

2 Likes

Re: APC Lists Cases Of Looting Buhari Can’t Ignore by disloman(m): 4:44am On Aug 17, 2015
omoalaro:
Looting was completely deregulated during Jonathan's time.
U can say that again.Corruption was just like a common way of life during GEJ's administration.

1 Like

Re: APC Lists Cases Of Looting Buhari Can’t Ignore by jumobi1(m): 4:48am On Aug 17, 2015
Will be unfair to probe only GEJ
IBB made it the norm.
But anyhow sha. If GEJ stole and is found guilty then he should pay the price. Too many Nigerians die because of lack of funds for health and infrastructure

1 Like

Re: APC Lists Cases Of Looting Buhari Can’t Ignore by handie(m): 5:41am On Aug 17, 2015
None should be ignored. None @ all. Even the smallest case should be investigated and if found to be true, the perpetrator punished accordingly. No one is above the law..... PDP folks should stop wailing about Amaechi and Tinubu. Why not right a petition backed by facts to the different anti-corruption bodies ?

1 Like

Re: APC Lists Cases Of Looting Buhari Can’t Ignore by isbish(m): 6:23am On Aug 17, 2015
You defintely can't support theft and corruption of this magnitude as a Nigerian and expect God to look at you with the eyes of mercy. God will never allow political thieves to rest. People have died as a result of poor medics, hunger and deisease attributed to poverty, which is traced to deprivation of basic needs of life as a result of these looting. Am so upset! sad sad

1 Like

Re: APC Lists Cases Of Looting Buhari Can’t Ignore by dayo23(f): 6:56am On Aug 17, 2015
Generalkorex:
Add tinubu and the tax company in lagos state to it.
What your corrupt master GEJ couldn't do for 6yrs?

1 Like

Re: APC Lists Cases Of Looting Buhari Can’t Ignore by frankyychiji(f): 7:03am On Aug 17, 2015
HungerBAD:

What about the states governments? The real people that squandered the monies meant for your education? Rivers, Lagos, Osun, Borno, kano etc...
Re: APC Lists Cases Of Looting Buhari Can’t Ignore by Bamss1: 7:09am On Aug 17, 2015
Ali button nko? Den no go probe Dat one?

1 Like

Re: APC Lists Cases Of Looting Buhari Can’t Ignore by frankyychiji(f): 7:11am On Aug 17, 2015
disloman:
Noooo bros.Not only them,Also all d pple who stole meat from soup pots,money from their parents purses.Ode!.Y did GEJ probed d previous govt?Oponu.
A very short sentence yet you can't even write correctly. I wonder what would have happened if you were required to write a lengthy sentence!! Now who is the real OPONU here? I know you only had access to Islamic education under a tree, but you can at least spare us your crass ignorance by keeping quiet oga!
Re: APC Lists Cases Of Looting Buhari Can’t Ignore by patrickmuf(m): 7:14am On Aug 17, 2015
Whether you wailers like it or not, goat must vomit the Yam...

2 Likes

Re: APC Lists Cases Of Looting Buhari Can’t Ignore by frankyychiji(f): 7:22am On Aug 17, 2015
handie:
None should be ignored. None @ all. Even the smallest case should be investigated and if found to be true, the perpetrator punished accordingly. No one is above the law..... PDP folks should stop wailing about Amaechi and Tinubu. Why not right a petition backed by facts to the different anti-corruption bodies ?
There are petitions already in the Efcc on the frog eyed chicken of ubima and his Lagos counterpart, infact the presidency was copied but till date, no action on it , not even an invitation! You mean you didn't know? shocked shocked
Amaechi's naive defense to the petition against him was to rush to the press to say "everyone who knows me know i don't like money"! Bros you mean you are not aware of this??
And until we see these annointed sons in Buharis jail, everything else is witch-hunting! Now i hope i have made myself clear enough oga?
Re: APC Lists Cases Of Looting Buhari Can’t Ignore by front247: 7:22am On Aug 17, 2015
Apc Fulfill ur campaign promises. Just wasting peoples time babbling like a woman
Re: APC Lists Cases Of Looting Buhari Can’t Ignore by front247: 7:29am On Aug 17, 2015
HungerBAD:

all dis people are d same, no politician is not worth dying for. D only thing u will benefit from them is for them to fulfill thier campaign promises
Re: APC Lists Cases Of Looting Buhari Can’t Ignore by handie(m): 7:36am On Aug 17, 2015
frankyychiji:
There are petitions already in the Efcc on the frog eyed chicken of ubima and his Lagos counterpart, infact the presidency was copied but till date, no action on it , not even an invitation! You mean you didn't know? shocked shocked
Amaechi's naive defense to the petition against him was to rush to the press to say "everyone who knows me know i don't like money"! Bros you mean you are not aware of this??
And until we see these annointed sons in Buharis jail, everything else is witch-hunting! Now i hope i have made myself clear enough oga?
So, won't there be other investigations before invitation?(if really such a petition was made). Who made d petition? When was it made? Are they facts or just rants premised on the assumption of their corruption?

1 Like

Re: APC Lists Cases Of Looting Buhari Can’t Ignore by disloman(m): 8:44am On Aug 17, 2015
frankyychiji:
A very short sentence yet you can't even write correctly. I wonder what would have happened if you were required to write a lengthy sentence!! Now who is the real OPONU here? I know you only had access to Islamic education under a tree, but you can at least spare us your crass ignorance by keeping quiet oga!
Ehya Mr write well!What's wrong with mi writing in such a way I did?In as much u were able to understand my message.Don't give a f**k how I write my english.Oponu!
Re: APC Lists Cases Of Looting Buhari Can’t Ignore by frankyychiji(f): 8:57am On Aug 17, 2015
handie:
So, won't there be other investigations before invitation?(if really such a petition was made). Who made d petition? When was it made? Are they facts or just rants premised on the assumption of their corruption?
Hey mister! I don't have time to educate you now. Later perhaps.
Re: APC Lists Cases Of Looting Buhari Can’t Ignore by frankyychiji(f): 9:08am On Aug 17, 2015
disloman:
Ehya Mr write well!What's wrong with mi writing in such a way I did?In as much u were able to understand my message.Don't give a f**k how I write my english.Oponu!
Shiooorr!! Keep consoling yourself!

(1) (2) (Reply)

World War Three (WW3): The New World Order. / Call Biafra Agitators To Order-SGF Tells Igbo Leaders / Biafra: How Much More Blood, Tears And Pain...?pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.