Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,993 members, 7,835,331 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Fashola Why? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Why? (2221 Views)

Fashola, Okowa, Tony Elumelu Commission 115 Megawatts Gas Turbine Delta (Pics) / Ambode Cancels Fashola's Last Minute Lekki Land Allocations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Why? by mekaboy(m): 11:45pm On Aug 16, 2015
Fashola is one governor i respect alot. Someone was talking about candidates for 2019 and i suggested Fashola and chris Ngige.

I so much believed he was a man of integrity, i tipped him for ministerial position.

I was so confident that he had no skeleton in his cupboard, for this reason i was hailing buhari to go after the corrupt politicians and crush them. I said as long as my man fashola has a clean record he should go and crush all the others.

Only for me to read about a website update of 78m, i told friends during and aguement that it was a rumor, baseless and unimaginable. Gradually facts began to emerge and to my greatest suprise, he accepted .

I bowed my head in shame with a broken heart. I said how has the might fallen?. How did fashola engage in this level of corruption to the extent that he did not consider the suffering of the masses . How could fashola approve 78m for a website upgrade? Even if the said website could cure HIV and AID.

Is this what people pay all the tax for? so that a very few individuals can share 78m in the name of a website upgrade?

Do you know that if lagos state organized a competition for web developers in the state to upgrade the site, and pay the developers with the best designs 3m, that there will be a better design?

Do you know that if the state had conducted a skill fair where people can display their skills and the best get 500k support, 156 people would have become entrepreneurs ?

We go out to the western world to borrow heavily and when they see what we do with the money we borrow they shake their head for us. A country where over 40% live below a dollar is spending over $30k for the website in the name of an individual.

He claimed it belongs to the state, its just like buying a car in your name and registering it in your name and claim it belongs to the govt. Why would the domain name be in fasholas name if its for the state.

I must say that fashola disappointed me. What kind of corruption will buhari be fighting if he neglects this?

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Why? by Happiness87(f): 12:12am On Aug 17, 2015
Tinubu is really paying his media group well

1 Like

Re: Fashola Why? by mekaboy(m): 12:22am On Aug 17, 2015
Happiness87:
Tinubu is really paying his media group well

This is why Nigerian will remain in bondage. We r our own problem. If fashola was in china and such a situation came up, do you think they would be saying tinubu is paying the media or execute him?

Here in Nigeria, our resources are looted before our eyes and we choose to look elsewhere. If it was someone else like Okonjo Iweala who was accused of this, then tinubu would not be sponsoring the media.

We cannot move forward as a nation if we r selective in this fight against corruption.

America will not tolerate it, China will not tolorate it, UK will not tolorate it. But we Africans will overlook it. Yet we want to be a developed country.

Did America, UK, China develop by spending $300k on an individual website?

6 Likes

Re: Fashola Why? by nnachukz(m): 12:24am On Aug 17, 2015
Politicians are the same my dear, even Buhari is not clean. Have you asked yourself why buhari is afraid to make his assets public giving flimsy excuses. How long did it take yaradua to make his public. Don't just die for them, they don't worth it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Why? by Happiness87(f): 12:25am On Aug 17, 2015
mekaboy:

This is why Nigerian will remain in bondage. We r our own problem. If fashola was in china and such a situation came up, do you think they would be saying tinubu is paying the media or execute him?

Here in Nigeria, our resources are looted before our eyes and we choose to look elsewhere. If it was someone else like Okonjo Iweala who was accused of this, then tinubu would not be sponsoring the media.

We cannot move forward as a nation if we r selective in this fight against corruption.

America will not tolerate it, China will not tolorate it, UK will not tolorate it. But we Africans will overlook it. Yet we want to be a developed country.

name one politician you know that is not corrupt
Re: Fashola Why? by mekaboy(m): 12:28am On Aug 17, 2015
Happiness87:
name one politician you know that is not corrupt

Its either justice is served to all of them or everyone should be allowed to go free. Fighting corruption partially is also corruption .

Let everyone go to jail and when buhari hands over , whoever takes over from him should probe him as well.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Why? by ollysaks: 12:54am On Aug 17, 2015
All the hype, the exaggerated promotion of the former lagos state governor by his praise singers, who like the animals in the book animal farm will always break out into a song of propaganda to drown out all sensible reasoning. In lagos state, 'fashola is working' was drummed into our ears daily in order to kill out all attempts of accountability. Whenever salient points are raised by any person, APC cronies will swarm in their droves chanting like the hypnotised zombies 'wailing wailers or sai buhari'.

To move this nation forward let's us love nigeria more than any one individual or party

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Why? by Nobody: 4:47am On Aug 17, 2015
I branded APC un-serious because they did not pick Fashola whom I judged the one eyed man in the country of the blind their presidential candidate. And then long before the elections I started hearing rumblings. Hints that the man has stolen money that made Tinubu look like a saint. His projects were exposed to be 'make me shine' self serving mis-adventures (the most expensive suspension bridge on shallow water that could easily have been extended to join 3rd mainland bridge for real utility with change to spare now has destroyed highbrow Ikoyi with unnecessary traffic).

When I heard Fashola did not build one new library in 8 years in a state that barely has any I knew the man's thinking was defective.

The 78 million web-gate is just the tip of the iceberg. I suspect Fashola never touched a kobo of the 78 million (too small for him). Probably made the scam happen to fuel his mistress dismissed DG of science and technology ministry Nike Oshinowo. fashola is about to find out that 'small shit naim dey spoil nyash. Fashola in the end is a common thief.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Why? by mikolo80: 4:56am On Aug 17, 2015
mekaboy:
Fashola is one governor i respect alot. Someone was talking about candidates for 2019 and i suggested Fashola and chris Ngige.

I so much believed he was a man of integrity, i tipped him for ministerial position.

I was so confident that he had no skeleton in his cupboard, for this reason i was hailing buhari to go after the corrupt politicians and crush them. I said as long as my man fashola has a clean record he should go and crush all the others.

Only for me to read about a website update of 78m, i told friends during and aguement that it was a rumor, baseless and unimaginable. Gradually facts began to emerge and to my greatest suprise, he accepted .

I bowed my head in shame with a broken heart. I said how has the might fallen?. How did fashola engage in this level of corruption to the extent that he did not consider the suffering of the masses . How could fashola approve 78m for a website upgrade? Even if the said website could cure HIV and AID.

Is this what people pay all the tax for? so that a very few individuals can share 78m in the name of a website upgrade?

Do you know that if lagos state organized a competition for web developers in the state to upgrade the site, and pay the developers with the best designs 3m, that there will be a better design?

Do you know that if the state had conducted a skill fair where people can display their skills and the best get 500k support, 156 people would have become entrepreneurs ?

We go out to the western world to borrow heavily and when they see what we do with the money we borrow they shake their head for us. A country where over 40% live below a dollar is spending over $30k for the website in the name of an individual.

He claimed it belongs to the state, its just like buying a car in your name and registering it in your name and claim it belongs to the govt. Why would the domain name be in fasholas name if its for the state.

I must say that fashola disappointed me. What kind of corruption will buhari be fighting if he neglects this?
do you know that politicians need money to bribe voters
Re: Fashola Why? by mikolo80: 5:08am On Aug 17, 2015
mekaboy:

no Nigeria will remain in bondage because ppl like you have nothing to offer besides daydreaming

so in your learner dreamer mind you prefer 100 % corruption to 50%
you take what you can get

harrumph ...you have no idea the level of corruption in USA
Re: Fashola Why? by mikolo80: 5:11am On Aug 17, 2015
ollysaks:
All the hype, the exaggerated promotion of the former lagos state governor by his praise singers, who like the animals in the book animal farm will always break out into a song of propaganda to drown out all sensible reasoning. In lagos state, 'fashola is working' was drummed into our ears daily in order to kill out all attempts of accountability. Whenever salient points are raised by any person, APC cronies will swarm in their droves chanting like the hypnotised zombies 'wailing wailers or sai buhari'.

To move this nation forward let's us love nigeria more than any one individual or party
so who would you prefer fashola or pdp candidate
Re: Fashola Why? by mikolo80: 5:13am On Aug 17, 2015
jerseyboy:
I branded APC un-serious because they did not pick Fashola whom I judged the one eyed man in the country of the blind their presidential candidate. And then long before the elections I started hearing rumblings. Hints that the man has stolen money that made Tinubu look like a saint. His projects were exposed to be 'make me shine' self serving mis-adventures (the most expensive suspension bridge on shallow water that could easily have been extended to join 3rd mainland bridge for real utility with change to spare now has destroyed highbrow Ikoyi with unnecessary traffic).

When I heard Fashola did not build one new library in 8 years in a state that barely has any I knew the man's thinking was defective.

The 78 million web-gate is just the tip of the iceberg. I suspect Fashola never touched a kobo of the 78 million (too small for him). Probably made the scam happen to fuel his mistress dismissed DG of science and technology ministry Nike Oshinowo. fashola is about to find out that 'small shit naim dey spoil nyash. Fashola in the end is a common thief.
you don't pick someone that will make you lose
and hup better to have one eyed man instead of blind pdp
half chin chin is better than kuli kuli
all politicians today are all common thieves
and will remain so until 'better ' 'politicians ' like yourself get stuck in
till then we don't have much of a choice

1 Like

Re: Fashola Why? by LhoLar01: 6:29am On Aug 17, 2015
Politicians are hoes, they ve got no love for us.
Re: Fashola Why? by mekaboy(m): 9:01am On Aug 17, 2015
mikolo80:
no Nigeria will remain in bondage because ppl like you have nothing to offer besides daydreaming

so in your learner dreamer mind you prefer 100 % corruption to 50%
you take what you can get

harrumph ...you have no idea the level of corruption in USA

There is nothing like 50% corruption. Its either 0% tolerance or 100% corruption. We either fight everyone corrupt person or let the system continue till there is a revolution. If fashola can award a contract of 78m for website upgrade, only God knows how much he will award for housing, roads etc.

Buhari should forget the anti corruption war if he is ready to overlook this.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Why? by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 17, 2015
The import of this nice piece is folks should not die for their beliefs because they may wrong.
Re: Fashola Why? by mrcasanova1(m): 9:54am On Aug 17, 2015
All Nigerian politicians have this mindset: Loot and 'Let-Loot'.

It's just that some effect theirs with their conscience in check. While others kill their conscience and loot without fear or trembling.

There's no saint among Nigerian politicians... The ones you think are saints, are the guys who haven't being 'caught' yet.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Why? by Babalegba(m): 9:57am On Aug 17, 2015
I lost all respect for Fashola because of the website scam. I feel like a fool having sung his praises all these years. He is a common heartless thief.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Why? by Ajibel(m): 10:04am On Aug 17, 2015
My own submission is if Fashola wanted to use such medium to loot public fund in the name of a website upgrade, why publish such contract to the public domain The said amount is ambiguous but I still think there are some folks who dislike Fash that are flaming this issue.
Re: Fashola Why? by mekaboy(m): 1:03pm On Aug 17, 2015
Ajibel:
My own submission is if Fashola wanted to use such medium to loot public fund in the name of a website upgrade, why publish such contract to the public domain The said amount is ambiguous but I still think there are some folks who dislike Fash that are flaming this issue.

Why do u think politicians fight to ensure someone frommt their party takes over? So what ever they did during their tenure will be overlooked.

They all loot, just make sure the person entering is your person. The 78m is just a favour fashola did for people. I can only imagine the ones that he does for himself.
Re: Fashola Why? by mikolo80: 9:39pm On Aug 17, 2015
mekaboy:

There is nothing like 50% corruption.o yes there is

Its either 0% tolerance or 100% corruption.

fifty shades of grey br'er

We either fight everyone corrupt person or let the system continue till there is a revolution.

if you wait for rain you will never plant

If fashola can award a contract of 78m for website upgrade, only God knows how much he will award for housing, roads etc.dude was building roads at 2bn per km against world standard 27milliom per km

Buhari should forget the anti corruption war if he is ready to overlook this.

we have to start somewhere
let him probe pdp=50%
when pdp or another party come to power they can probe apc =the remaining 50%
half loaf better than puff puff
Re: Fashola Why? by mekaboy(m): 10:44pm On Aug 18, 2015
mikolo80:

we have to start somewhere
let him probe pdp=50%
when pdp or another party come to power they can probe apc =the remaining 50%
half loaf better than puff puff

You want to gamble with your future? Who will be suffering while the remaining 50 r enjoying?
Re: Fashola Why? by otumopkor(m): 10:48pm On Aug 18, 2015
Tinubu brought this information to the limelight to destroy his (Fashola) credibility for any ministerial appointment. What is playing out is mere politics and the said amount is chicken change compared to what they steal on a regular basis.
However, politics or not he should be charged and jailed.
Re: Fashola Why? by otumopkor(m): 10:50pm On Aug 18, 2015
nnachukz:
Politicians are the same my dear, even Buhari is not clean. Have you asked yourself why buhari is afraid to make his assets public giving flimsy excuses. How long did it take yaradua to make his public. Don't just die for them, they don't worth it.
Well about the asset declaration you should ask the APC (Lie Mohammed), because they made that announcement not Buhari.
Re: Fashola Why? by mikolo80: 1:34am On Aug 19, 2015
mekaboy:

You want to gamble with your future? Who will be suffering while the remaining 50 r enjoying?
have they not been enjoying in their respective states
how will they enjoy when they know it will soon be their turn
Re: Fashola Why? by LastProphet: 1:40am On Aug 19, 2015
i can bet on my life that fashola has more integrity than the ops father and mother combined. op go back to tinubu and give him his change because you did a poor job. if N78m is all they can tie to baba fash then he deserves to be made the next pope after running a state with the budget of 4 african countries
Re: Fashola Why? by otumopkor(m): 9:49am On Aug 19, 2015
LastProphet:
i can bet on my life that fashola has more integrity than the ops father and mother combined. op go back to tinubu and give him his change because you did a poor job. if N78m is all they can tie to baba fash then he deserves to be made the next pope after running a state with the budget of 4 african countries
Haha
Re: Fashola Why? by mekaboy(m): 9:56am On Aug 19, 2015
LastProphet:

Unfortunately i am not a tout or a kid, so im sorry i cant respond in your language.
Re: Fashola Why? by mekaboy(m): 9:58am On Aug 19, 2015
mikolo80:
have they not been enjoying in their respective states
how will they enjoy when they know it will soon be their turn

Let them put and to it. Let it all stop in this regime. Let everyone be judged once.
Re: Fashola Why? by mikolo80: 10:08pm On Aug 19, 2015
mekaboy:

Let them put and to it. Let it all stop in this regime. Let everyone be judged once.
you as you are like this have you met all your targets this month, this year, this decade and you want him to clear 50 yrs of filth in four years following due process
stop dreaming it's not possible
all he can do is use some ppl as scapegoat if not the looting will continue
Re: Fashola Why? by mikolo80: 10:08pm On Aug 19, 2015
mekaboy:

you as you are like this have you met all your targets this month, this year, this decade and you want him to clear 50 yrs of filth in four years following due process
stop dreaming it's not possible
all he can do is use some ppl as scapegoat if not the looting will continue
when you get there, probe everybody
Re: Fashola Why? by dangerous01(m): 10:52pm On Aug 19, 2015
The best solution for this country is revolution like it happen in egypt libya north africa countries nd some middle east countries . If d poor rise against the rich they wiil surely know that they have pass their boundary. Buhari is being supported by corrupt captain's nd am sure he wnt want to bite the finger that feed him . We youth letz unite nd fight the common ENEMY because disunity among d poor thatz what d rich really want .
Re: Fashola Why? by mekaboy(m): 8:38pm On Aug 23, 2015
dangerous01:
The best solution for this country is revolution like it happen in egypt libya north africa countries nd some middle east countries . If d poor rise against the rich they wiil surely know that they have pass their boundary. Buhari is being supported by corrupt captain's nd am sure he wnt want to bite the finger that feed him . We youth letz unite nd fight the common ENEMY because disunity among d poor thatz what d rich really want .

Lets start with a protest abt this 78m.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS!! Custom Boss Hameed Ali Retires 34 Customs Staff / No Amount Of Blackmail Will Stop N25bn TSA Probe – Saraki / What Is Delaying Ibaka Deep Seaport?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.