Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,748 members, 7,837,716 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters (28250 Views)

Mary Odili Wept And Begged Supreme Court Judges To Accept N5billion Bribe - SR / BREAKING NEWS: Buhari Seeks Emergency Powers To Tackle Economy / Buhari Seeks ‘fearless’ Judges To Try Looters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by Sagamite(m): 11:14am On Aug 17, 2015
He should ensure he does not select any of these judges:

DisHon Justice Ibrahim N. Buba
DisHon Justice Abubakar Talba
DisHon Justice Abdul Kafarati
DisHon Justice T.D. Naron
DisHon Justice Marcel Awokulehin
DisHon Justice Joseph Wowo
DisHon Justice Dan Abutu
DisHon Justice A.M. Liman
DisHon Justice A. Abdul-Kafarati

Nigeria's criminal judges!

These cretins should never get a public job in Nigeria again.
Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by Forwetinnah: 11:16am On Aug 17, 2015
Hope they've got clean slates too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by onlykach: 11:17am On Aug 17, 2015
The truth i that Nigerians are confused and what PMB is giving us is a comic relief for the last election.

If PMB prosecutes the looters then what will happen!! Heaven will not fall. PMB and APC are gradually losing steam, it is as a matter of urgency we all need let him now the people he is taking to court are side attraction, he should start making credible policies .

We Nigerians are hungry and need the economy working to avoid starvation..

PMB SAVE THE HUNGRY MASS!!![/size][size=8pt]

1 Like

Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by tsdarkside(m): 11:17am On Aug 17, 2015
chukwudi44:

If you are not satisfied with the current constitution begin the process of amendment.Be sure to get 2/3 of Senate, HOR and 36 states house of assembly

what??..

i am not a politiefian,,,soo...dont bombard me with stuff like that.....
Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 17, 2015
tsdarkside:

what??..

i am not a politiefian,,,soo...dont bombard me with stuff like that.....
Bros this is law and not politics
Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 17, 2015
Sunday8650:

How do you intend to put pressure. Through internet campaigns and nairaland debate? Through protest and strikes? How? Because all of this we have done it and yet it is there like HIV disease changing its form in very approach.
Bros the reality is that we are in a democracy and Buhari does not possess the kind of powers he had during his first stint in power. There is absolutely nothing he can do about appointment of Judges to handle cases.
Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by Querty(m): 11:29am On Aug 17, 2015
dis is purely a case of witch hunting...

why must u hand pick judges...?
Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by 989900: 11:31am On Aug 17, 2015
I think the question we should be asking is: why would anyone with nothing to hide fear a fearless/fearful judge, or any judge for that matter?

The only judge to fear would/should be a corrupt judge -- especially when your hands are clean.
Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by mideactive: 11:32am On Aug 17, 2015
Sometime u'l wonder y d looted supports d looters.I think d end result of dis process should be our major concern.so far so gud,I think d president is very much on track,and should be allowed to 2 deliver his campaign promises..I don't knw y pdp dat had failed 2 deliver has so much hold of some ppl's mind,could dis be cus of Gej or ethnicity?moreover ppl should expect pdp chieftains 2 b d most persecuted cus they'v been in power 4 16 years controled most of d states n made most of d appointments..judgement tym is here,they should stop cryin like babies....

1 Like

Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by ayo2pec(m): 11:33am On Aug 17, 2015
Special court ok.

But it is shameful that judiciary over the years have been tainted of course that are part and parcel of denigrated society.

One will recommend a total cleansing of the Judiciary also. The have already test plantain and can no tell the truth. 'Won ti je dodo enu won o le so dodo mo'

GMD has a lot of work to do , cause a house laid on a faulty foundation will continue to be defective. We all have a duty to ensure this edifice call
Nigeria work again. My major fear is we are not all at the same page. We can count the number of Nigerians that really hate corruption and i keep wondering why this is so.

We elect some few people to represent us , they loot our common patrimony, leave us homeless,no school, no road, no power, no fuel, brain drained, jobless, our hospitals are gone, ..... and are comfortably ok. Now we are in a make or mare situation, a kind of last chance, it time to build a new Nigeria where most of us are ready to stand for was is right.

Like GMD said in his inaugural speech, Institutions need to be built, cultural rebirth, .. we need to arise an fight our common enemies, because of the youth of today and the generations unborn.

Lets start praying for this new administration. They must succeed or!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by millionaireman: 11:36am On Aug 17, 2015
vicadex07:
Ghen ghen...shebi dem dey wail say baba too slow...dem go soon see action.

I no want cry of witch hunting o cos wen una dey cry say baba no get action, we no hear word that time

Your Baba walking fast must not include his talk that he is looking for honest judges to try whoever.

First, no reasonable president can say that because it is not the duty of a president to assign cases to judges. It is duty of the Attorney General. Who is the Attorney General?

Buhari is accuser who appoints the trial judge.

Buhari talking about searching for honest judges is an insult to the judiciary. Every judge is assumed honest unless found dishonest.
Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by vicadex07(m): 11:40am On Aug 17, 2015
The worst your likes ansd PDP would do is send peace committee to go beg Buhari to softpedal. None of you can stop him from selecting the best crop of Judges available in order to prosecute corruption.
millionaireman:

Your Baba walking fast must not include his talk that he is looking for honest judges to try whoever.

First, no reasonable president can say that because it is not the duty of a president to assign cases to judges. It is duty of the Attorney General. Who is the Attorney General?

Buhari talking about searching for honest judges is an insult to the judiciary. Every judge is assumed honest unless found dishonest.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by vicadex07(m): 11:41am On Aug 17, 2015
If buhari appoints judges directly or indirectly, make u or PDP go remove am now
millionaireman:

1 Like

Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by experimentist: 11:50am On Aug 17, 2015
richybanky:
I belong to everybody (masses) and belong to nobody (cabals) grin grin grin - PMB May 2015
omo na God save us oh, these cabals for dey eat us raw men.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 17, 2015
vicadex07:
The worst your likes ansd PDP would do is send peace committee to go beg Buhari to softpedal. None of you can stop him from selecting the best crop of Judges available in order to prosecute corruption.

Lol the typical mentality of illiterate APC supporters!!! They think because someone is president means he can do whatever he likes!!!
Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 17, 2015
To get right in any society including Nigeria, society doesn't need strong persons but strong institutions. Before fearless judges exist, one would except strong security apparatus. In present day Nigeria, our judges even citizens are not sure of security of their lives and property.
Then again, the looters we are talking about have excess money to hire fearless SANs and assassins that will defend them and do dirty jobs for them. Then we ll see ourselves in legal racketeering that might drag for years. Our judicial system as we know encourages long time judging unless we are going to invent another constitution which APC said there is nothing wrong with our constitution. Then come to legislative razzmatass and riggimarole.

Anyway it is good to keep the media or public busy so that they or we will ask not necessary questions. Best described as "throwing the apple of discord"
Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by Willybos(m): 12:12pm On Aug 17, 2015
[b][/b][quote author=chukwudi44 post=37034390]Junk journalism!!! The presidency has no such powers to chose judges to try any case!! There is no such powers in our constitution which confers any such powers on the executive.

These propagandas by the APC and its media outlets are becomming sickening!!! This was exactly what Bishop Kukah was talking about!!************* U c ur lfe! Dis are the gud example of the corrupt people. And for information may punish corrupt people in this country.
Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by Sunday8650: 12:14pm On Aug 17, 2015
chukwudi44:

Bros the reality is that we are in a democracy and Buhari does not possess the kind of powers he had during his first stint in power. There is absolutely nothing he can do about appointment of Judges to handle cases.
I get it my brother. Your stance against corruption is we do nothing and leave it to the judge wether corrupt or not because it is the law. No wonder corruption is not a crime. God help us all the day it is legalized as such. Because doing nothing is simply approving the act.

A house is gradually falling down, the people around are screaming and complaining about the dilapidated structure but do nothing. But when a man surmon courage to bring workers to repair it they scream leave it like that we have people living in the building.

Corruption has to be fought or submitted to. But let's stick to your advice do nothing but complain about the state of Nigeria image and its people. That is patriotism

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by PointB: 12:14pm On Aug 17, 2015
Hehehehe,

Has he run out of Northern Candidates? Who is the Duara dullard seeking that he can't find in his small world in Daura enclave?
Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by bjdon: 12:24pm On Aug 17, 2015
Sunday8650:
you have vehemently supported corruption. Corruption has entered the very fabric of our daily lives. You can't fight corruption without hurting even your family. It is wise to seek an upright judge than to assume every judge is righteous unless proven otherwise.

Buhari is doing the right thing any just man who wishes to fight corruption irrespective of party affiliation will do. Both APC and PDP have corrupt judges in their palm.

If buhari is witch hunting the opposition by now he would have appointed all his ministers from APC recommendations but he refuse to accept any candidate. What more should this man do to appease you people. His government is not an APC or PDP government it is one he is building on his integrity

I am sorry but you are very wrong. I am in no way supporting corruption, what I am supporting is CORRECT DUE PROCESS.

Please consider this simple fact, Buhari will not be president for ever. Whatever he does now can and will be used as a precedence by future govts. If a President is allowed to select the judges he wants for certain cases, what happens if tomorrow it's the PDP that are back in power? What would you then say if the a PDP govt started selecting judges for cases against ACP members, or cases where for example a PDP person's election was being challenged.
Nigerians MUST start to understand that is is PROCESS and INSTITUTIONS that make a country great, not individuals. As I've stated in my previous write up, if there are corrupt judges on the bench, by all means remove them, but the INDEPENDENCE of the judiciary must be maintained else we are in a dictatorship.
Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by Amazo: 12:28pm On Aug 17, 2015
richybanky:
I belong to everybody (masses) and belong to nobody (cabals) grin grin grin - PMB May 2015

Smart man detected! grin
Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by Amazo: 12:31pm On Aug 17, 2015
presentley:
President Muhammadu Buhari has commenced the process of identifying a few fearless and courageous judges who will be saddled with the responsibility of prosecuting persons who have been found to have stolen national resources, THE PUNCH has learnt.

Buhari had while granting audience to members of the National Peace Committee led by Gen. Abdulsalami Abubakar in the Presidential Villa, Abuja on Tuesday disclosed that the prosecution of the indicted persons would commence in a matter of weeks.

“Those who have stolen the national wealth will be in court in a matter of weeks and Nigerians will know those who have short-changed them,” the President had told his guests.

Our correspondent however learnt on Sunday that the prosecution would not be open to “just any judge.”

It was learnt that the President was committed to ensuring that only judges who would expedite action on the cases and would be fearless in discharging their duties would be enlisted for the prosecution.

A source confided in our correspondent that that was one of the assignments Buhari gave to the Prof. Itse Sagay-led Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption which he set up on Monday.

The source said it would not be necessary to set up special courts to try corruption cases since efforts were already underway to identify judges that would key into the President’s dream of ensuring that no looter was left unpunished.

He said, “We do not need to entertain any fear that the prosecution of corruption-related cases will not be fast enough because many of our courts are already weighed down by many cases.

“The truth of the matter is that not all judges will be considered to take up the cases of those who have stolen our commonwealth.

“As a matter of fact, one of the assignments the President gave the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption led by Prof. Sagay is to identify fearless and courageous judges that will handle the cases.

“The idea is to ensure that the judges who will handle the cases will not be just any judges. They must be those who will expedite actions on the cases and discharge their duties with courage.

“You can see that with this development, the issue of special courts for corruption cases may not come. It is about special judges.”

Our correspondent also gathered that Buhari was already considering withdrawing national honours from any individual found to have looted the nation’s treasury.

It was learnt that the President’s position was that the nation should not be seen to be honouring any fruadulent person.

“The President will not hesitate to strip any corrupt person of national honour. Can you honour a person for milking the nation dry? It is irrelevant how long such persons have been bestowed with the national honours, they will be stripped of them,” the source said.

When contacted, the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, said it was reasonable that anybody found to be corrupt should be stripped of national honours.

Adesina however said such withdrawal of national honours would not be done until affected persons had been convicted by competent courts.

“Although it has not been considered, it is reasonable that those found guilty of corruption should be stripped of national honours bestowed on them. However, this will not be done before conviction,” the presidential spokesman said.

While announcing the establishment of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption on Monday, Adesina had said its brief was to advise the present administration on the prosecution of the war against corruption and the implementation of required reforms in Nigeria’s criminal justice system.

He said the committee was also saddled with the responsibility of developing comprehensive interventions for achieving the recommended reforms.

http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-seeks-fearless-judges-to-try-looters/

Bottom line is that the thieving political untouchables are going to jail this time around cool
Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 17, 2015
Infomizer:
On a good day, judges default setting suppose be 'fearless'. #OnlyInNaija

Not now that lots of monies are exchanging hands.
Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by vicadex07(m): 12:35pm On Aug 17, 2015
Yes he is able to effect such indirectly through proxies
chukwudi44:

Lol the typical mentality of illiterate APC supporters!!! They think because someone is president means he can do whatever he likes!!!
Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by Fess: 12:36pm On Aug 17, 2015
Seeking, searching, probing, trying to etc etc, that's all we hear everyday from this illiterate president. Talk, talk, talk! Sob, sob, sob! Wail, wail, wail! Lie, lie, lie! No action. Talkative president. Take action and stop talking. We've heard enough of your whimpering. It doesn't faze us any longer.
Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by vicadex07(m): 12:39pm On Aug 17, 2015
Those people dont care or should I say give a damn if the house or zoo in their own parlanvce falls. All they want is biafra. Thats why they dont want this present administration to succeed
Sunday8650:

I get it my brother. Your stance against corruption is we do nothing and leave it to the judge wether corrupt or not because it is the law. No wonder corruption is not a crime. God help us all the day it is legalized as such. Because doing nothing is simply approving the act.

A house is gradually falling down, the people around are screaming and complaining about the dilapidated structure but do nothing. But when a man surmon courage to bring workers to repair it they scream leave it like that we have people living in the building.

Corruption has to be fought or submitted to. But let's stick to your advice do nothing but complain about the state of Nigeria image and its people. That is patriotism
Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by Sunday8650: 12:42pm On Aug 17, 2015
bjdon:

I am sorry but you are very wrong. I am in no way supporting corruption, what I am supporting is CORRECT DUE PROCESS.

Please consider this simple fact, Buhari will not be president for ever. Whatever he does now can and will be used as a precedence by future govts. If a President is allowed to select the judges he wants for certain cases, what happens if tomorrow it's the PDP that are back in power? What would you then say if the a PDP govt started selecting judges for cases against ACP members, or cases where for example a PDP person's election was being challenged.
Nigerians MUST start to understand that is is PROCESS and INSTITUTIONS that make a country great, not individuals. As I've stated in my previous write up, if there are corrupt judges on the bench, by all means remove them, but the INDEPENDENCE of the judiciary must be maintained else we are in a dictatorship.

1. There is no question. Of " IF", You know and I know we have corrupt judges in the helm of power.

2. This judges have a way of influencing public sentiment and regional aggression through their sponsors.

3. Our own senate is filled with corrupt lawmakers from both APC and PDP

4. You can not fight corruption with a pampered hand of the law. The very law you defend can be interpreted by any judge to suite the situation as it arises

5. When you put a pot on fire everything inside the pot feels the heat as the pot itself. True fight against corruption will reflect on all parties including APC and PDP. When EFCC was on the fore front on the fight against corruption even ACN were very cautious not to associate with corrupt individuals. The only hatred some people on this forum have for apc its because of the alliance with cpc and anpp

6.If all fabric of a nation is affected by corruption the only logical thing to do is to be cautious of who handles the process of eradicating that corruption. Buhari have state it clearly he is not after anybody he only wants the stolen funds return either willingly or by the sword of justice.

7. Now his only desire is that the person or body who handles that sword is upright and credible to give the process credibility.
Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by akilo1: 12:42pm On Aug 17, 2015
chukwudi44:
Junk journalism!!! The presidency has no such powers to chose judges to try any case!! There is no such powers in our constitution which confers any such powers on the executive.

These propagandas by the APC and its media outlets are becomming sickening!!! This was exactly what Bishop Kukah was talking about!!!
for 8 years u will be a wailer that wil be seeing everything as propaganda until you and your oga that say stealing is not curruption made it inside kirikiri
Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 17, 2015
Sunday8650:

Bros we have the National judicial council to sanction erring Judges. If you have any case against any Judge take it to them.It is not the prerogative of the executive to sanction erring judges.
Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by richybanky(m): 12:53pm On Aug 17, 2015
experimentist:
omo na God save us oh, these cabals for dey eat us raw men.
Lols, we still dey nurse d raw part wey den don chop starting frm OBJ's tenure.. God help all of us

1 Like

Re: Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 17, 2015
vicadex07:
Yes he is able to effect such indirectly through proxies

PROXY KO PROWLING NI!!! LIKE HE HAS BEEN ABLE TO REMOVE SARAKI BY PROXY!!! BUNCH OF ILLITERATES

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fani-Kayode Criticizes Presidency Over Rejecting US Recognition Of Jerusalem / Breaking!!! Dave Umahi Welcomes Buhari In Ebonyi State (PHOTOS) / Atiku And Mimiko Plot New Party, Joint Ticket - NewTelegrapOnline.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.