Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,075 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

I Don't Believe In The Bible But I Believe In God Does That Make Me Less A Xiatn - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Don't Believe In The Bible But I Believe In God Does That Make Me Less A Xiatn (14248 Views)

Apostle Suleman To Dismiss Members Who Don't Believe In Him, Calls Them Demons / Apostle Johnson Suleman's Sex Scandal: "I Believe You Daddy!"- Lady Supports Him / God And Jesus Didn't Forbid Slavery In The Bible. But Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't Believe In The Bible But I Believe In God Does That Make Me Less A Xiatn by boboLIL(m): 4:57am On Sep 09, 2015
Omotayor123:

Pained?
Truth is bitter.
i'm allergic to uqly tins..u ar horrible plz stp quoting me
Re: I Don't Believe In The Bible But I Believe In God Does That Make Me Less A Xiatn by Omotayor123(f): 8:38am On Sep 09, 2015
boboLIL:
i'm allergic to uqly tins..u ar horrible plz stp quoting me
The likes of you don't have your picture on profile.... Coz even the Animal Kingdom rejects your fugliness..

It's OK. Stop crying tongue
Re: I Don't Believe In The Bible But I Believe In God Does That Make Me Less A Xiatn by boboLIL(m): 12:14pm On Sep 09, 2015
Omotayor123:

The likes of you don't have your picture on profile.... Coz even the Animal Kingdom rejects your fugliness..

It's OK. Stop crying tongue
i fine pass u, pass ur past and present sexmates..dnt quote me again plz
Re: I Don't Believe In The Bible But I Believe In God Does That Make Me Less A Xiatn by Omotayor123(f): 12:17pm On Sep 09, 2015
boboLIL:
i fine pass u, pass ur past and present sexmates..dnt quote me again plz
Ewu!
Re: I Don't Believe In The Bible But I Believe In God Does That Make Me Less A Xiatn by bsjay(m): 4:57pm On Sep 09, 2015
fearlesschicken:
I believe in a God who creates the world we are in but I don't believe in the bible does it make me less a christian?

I had an argument with a friend of mine, he keep calling me an athiest because I said the bible is inaccurate and I can't leave my life based on a book with so many errors and contradictions.

I don't believe in all this supernatural stuffs either, like witches and wizards,demons etc or some silly doctorines we have in the bible like women being submissive and a divorcee not allowed to get married etc

I just believe in one thing: love!

So am I less a christian for not beliving the bible and all the other things I mentioned? If am not a christian what am I?

Cc:captainjune,winner01,malvinsguy212,
Johnydon22,hahn,davien, etc

My brother, do the necessary thing and forget religions and their misleading books. Jesus made everything clear to us in His Word. He categorically told us that only the Truth sets us free. In another place He said: Not those who say to me lord, lord... But the who do the Will of my Father.
Now, the necessary thing here is to recognise the Will of the Father and live accordingly.
The Will of God manifests as Laws, and It is what people call Laws of Nature or Laws of Creation. There's nothing in Creation that's not under These Laws including man, whether he recognises the Laws or not as Jesus once said that ignorance is not an excuse.
Jesus in His entire Message explained these Laws and Their operations except where His followers distorted and misinterpreted it.
Religion has reduced all those who side with it to the level of hot house plants because I see no reason why sane humans would ignore such redeeming words and warnings of Jesus which only strict adherence of it would grant them salvation and prefer to cling tenaciously to a dastardly crime committed against Him on the cross as means of their salvation, even after Christ Himself gave them the parable of the Vine Yard which clearly showed that the murder of Jesus was the gravest sin ever committed which was never willed by God. Yet, as sensible as human beings claim they are, no one dares to think deeply into issues like this.
They prefer the easy way which says repeat after me and thereby cling to blind and dead faith that burdens them the more.
Jesus did not write any book known as bible nor did He establish any religion called Christianity. God is not interested in religions nor churches! He is only interested in those creatures who prove themselves worthy of His concern, those who worship Him on daily basis through activities and purity of their thoughts, words and deeds. These indeed are the children of God! Not those who only make claims of things they have zero knowledge of.

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Believe In The Bible But I Believe In God Does That Make Me Less A Xiatn by PastorAIO: 11:52pm On Sep 09, 2015
bsjay:

My brother, do the necessary thing and forget religions and their misleading books. Jesus made everything clear to us in His Word. He categorically told us that only the Truth sets us free. In another place He said: Not those who say to me lord, lord... But the who do the Will of my Father.
Now, the necessary thing here is to recognise the Will of the Father and live accordingly.
The Will of God manifests as Laws, and It is what people call Laws of Nature or Laws of Creation. There's nothing in Creation that's not under These Laws including man, whether he recognises the Laws or not as Jesus once said that ignorance is not an excuse.
Jesus in His entire Message explained these Laws and Their operations except where His followers distorted and misinterpreted it.
Religion has reduced all those who side with it to the level of hot house plants because I see no reason why sane humans would ignore such redeeming words and warnings of Jesus which only strict adherence of it would grant them salvation and prefer to cling tenaciously to a dastardly crime committed against Him on the cross as means of their salvation, even after Christ Himself gave them the parable of the Vine Yard which clearly showed that the murder of Jesus was the gravest sin ever committed which was never willed by God. Yet, as sensible as human beings claim they are, no one dares to think deeply into issues like this.
They prefer the easy way which says repeat after me and thereby cling to blind and dead faith that burdens them the more.
Jesus did not write any book known as bible nor did He establish any religion called Christianity. God is not interested in religions nor churches! He is only interested in those creatures who prove themselves worthy of His concern, those who worship Him on daily basis through activities and purity of their thoughts, words and deeds. These indeed are the children of God! Not those who only make claims of things they have zero knowledge of.
Re: I Don't Believe In The Bible But I Believe In God Does That Make Me Less A Xiatn by Harvard13(m): 10:30am On Sep 12, 2015
fearlesschicken:
I believe in a God who creates the world we are in but I don't believe in the bible does it make me less a christian?

I had an argument with a friend of mine, he keep calling me an athiest because I said the bible is inaccurate and I can't leave my life based on a book with so many errors and contradictions.

I don't believe in all this supernatural stuffs either, like witches and wizards,demons etc or some silly doctorines we have in the bible like women being submissive and a divorcee not allowed to get married etc

So am I less a christian for not beliving the bible and all the other things I mentioned? If am not a christian what am I?

ure just a scared nigga
Re: I Don't Believe In The Bible But I Believe In God Does That Make Me Less A Xiatn by izutex007(m): 1:32pm On Sep 12, 2015
fearlesschicken:

u believe God yet u dont blv in his word(the bible) ? Your statement lacks agreement in it self.

bro. u need to seek counsel from pple who hv treaded the path u r abt treading. I
Re: I Don't Believe In The Bible But I Believe In God Does That Make Me Less A Xiatn by fearlesschicken: 5:43pm On Sep 13, 2015
izutex007:

u believe God yet u dont blv in his word(the bible) ? Your statement lacks agreement in it self.

bro. u need to seek counsel from pple who hv treaded the path u r abt treading. I

Please I have said this already, am female!

And how do you know it is his words? If they are why the inaccuries and errors?

Please who are these people? And what part is that?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Don't Believe In The Bible But I Believe In God Does That Make Me Less A Xiatn by fearlesschicken: 5:43pm On Sep 13, 2015
izutex007:

Please who are these people? And what path is that?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Don't Believe In The Bible But I Believe In God Does That Make Me Less A Xiatn by fearlesschicken: 5:55pm On Sep 13, 2015
So sorry guys, was banned by a very smart mod for a while, and am also having some difficulties with my device.

So many mentions on this thread, it seems some people couldn't just read the thread and decided to ask me some funny questions. undecided

Anyways, I will try to answer the ones I can in the most possible and nice way. grin maybe later when I get a system or something.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Don't Believe In The Bible But I Believe In God Does That Make Me Less A Xiatn by izutex007(m): 11:13pm On Sep 13, 2015
fearlesschicken:

Please who are these people? And what part is that?

u blv in the existance of God? wht r ur proofs?

#i blv in God.
Re: I Don't Believe In The Bible But I Believe In God Does That Make Me Less A Xiatn by orisa37: 11:40am On Sep 14, 2015
From now on, you are not an athiest but you are either a bokoharam who doesn't appreciate Western literary works such as the Bible or a militant who does not know that God is always watching over him. You are educated and so, my advice: read 1, Genesis/Revelation; 2, Gospel John/Hebrew and 3, Psalms 150-1. There is Psalm 151 somewhere, find it and read all like an educated non illiterate. Also read the book of Daniel. Port back on Nairaland.
Re: I Don't Believe In The Bible But I Believe In God Does That Make Me Less A Xiatn by PastorAIO: 6:15pm On Sep 14, 2015
fearlesschicken:

Please who are these people? And what path is that?

Great questions!! Has anyone got any answers?

I think he means the path that leads you to ask insightful questions such as these. Obviously he lacks the answers and that's why he is referring to these people. To wit, people such as myself.

So if you wanna ask me anything, I don't mind.

I think that one of the saddest errors affecting many today is the conflation of the Logos (the word) of God with the bible. We have even heard it said on NL that Jesus IS the bible.

So, is their Jesus error-strewn? Self contradictory?

1 Like

Re: I Don't Believe In The Bible But I Believe In God Does That Make Me Less A Xiatn by fearlesschicken: 2:46am On Sep 15, 2015
Harvard13:

ure just a scared nigga

scared? why do you say so?
Re: I Don't Believe In The Bible But I Believe In God Does That Make Me Less A Xiatn by fearlesschicken: 3:06am On Sep 15, 2015
iliyande:

How do you know there is God? And Who tell you that the God you believe exist?

i m not totally sure if there is one or not. No one told me anything, like i said i believe not that i have proof of its existence. it's possible my belief may or may not be false but who cares grin wink

hope i have answered your question smiley
Re: I Don't Believe In The Bible But I Believe In God Does That Make Me Less A Xiatn by fearlesschicken: 3:10am On Sep 15, 2015
ttime:
there are a lot of threads on that already, that hasnt been solved yet...i dont want to derail this thread even further. THanks anyways smiley
Re: I Don't Believe In The Bible But I Believe In God Does That Make Me Less A Xiatn by fearlesschicken: 3:31am On Sep 15, 2015
izutex007:

u blv in the existance of God? wht r ur proofs?

#i blv in God.

tell me yours first, seems to me you are so sure.... grin

orisa37:
From now on, you are not an athiest but you are either a bokoharam who doesn't appreciate Western literary works such as the Bible or a militant who does not know that God is always watching over him. You are educated and so, my advice: read 1, Genesis/Revelation; 2, Gospel John/Hebrew and 3, Psalms 150-1. There is Psalm 151 somewhere, find it and read all like an educated non illiterate. Also read the book of Daniel. Port back on Nairaland.

abeg na where them bring this one from undecided

Are you insane? how can you compare me with those foolish bast*rds?! What kind of ignorant messed up mind do you have?

appreciate which literacy works? the one mixed with violence,rape,discrimination, etc? please you need to get you head properly examined if you dont see any of the aforementioned in the book you fight so much for.

You are educated, my advice stop behaving and speaking like a stack illiterate! SMH

Now port to the lagoon where you belong!
Re: I Don't Believe In The Bible But I Believe In God Does That Make Me Less A Xiatn by izutex007(m): 1:19am On Sep 16, 2015
fearlesschicken:

tell me yours first, seems to me you are so sure.... grin

u strtd the thread ryt? ur evidence first....
Re: I Don't Believe In The Bible But I Believe In God Does That Make Me Less A Xiatn by orisa37: 1:07pm On Sep 16, 2015
Until you are "Born Again", you are not a good Xtian.
Re: I Don't Believe In The Bible But I Believe In God Does That Make Me Less A Xiatn by Weah96: 9:42am On Sep 17, 2015
orisa37:
Until you are "Born Again", you are not a good Xtian.

Sure. So who determines whether someone is born again? Is it not the person himself?
Re: I Don't Believe In The Bible But I Believe In God Does That Make Me Less A Xiatn by sofman(m): 3:55pm On Sep 17, 2015
AlphaMoi:
No,it doesn't..religion is a mirage.. Be pure and God would honor you even above some religious hypocrites..

what do you mean by be pure. that is the most deceitful word I heard today. who has the best definition of purity? you?
Re: I Don't Believe In The Bible But I Believe In God Does That Make Me Less A Xiatn by sofman(m): 4:05pm On Sep 17, 2015
u re kinda confusing me, believing in God, puting the bible away, though what makes you more of a christian is Christ in you, giving you his glorious ever pulsating life, and you living in this reality of his grace. but notice that this realities are not spelt out in space but in the scriptures(bible). u can't love God and detest his words.
Re: I Don't Believe In The Bible But I Believe In God Does That Make Me Less A Xiatn by Anas09: 6:59pm On Sep 21, 2015
@fearlesschicken, I think what u meant to say was, u believe in the generic term 'god'. because u can't say u believe in Jehovah yet u don't believe in the Bible, how did you meet him in the first place?
The word GOD is not a personal name of any deity, but a common noun for a whole class of gods.
So I think, what u want to say is that, u believe in the supernatural, but u can't specify which exactly. And you tok about errors in the bible, and we keep saying point them out.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Don't Believe In The Bible But I Believe In God Does That Make Me Less A Xiatn by fearlesschicken: 7:11pm On Sep 21, 2015
Anas09:
@fearlesschicken, I think what u meant to say was, u believe in the generic term 'god'. because u can't say u believe in Jehovah yet u don't believe in the Bible, how did you meet him in the first place?
The word GOD is not a personal name of any deity, but a common noun for a whole class of gods.
So I think, what u want to say is that, u believe in the supernatural, but u can't specify which exactly. And you tok about errors in the bible, and we keep saying point them out.

@bold
https://www.nairaland.com/2482419/why-does-bible-contains-much#36335472

https://www.nairaland.com/1165344/101-contradictions-bible
https://www.nairaland.com/2412042/contradictions-bible

And many more on this forum alone talking about the errors and contradictions in the scriptues. With Christians going back and fort on the answers. Why should I bring it up here again? Pls tell me why
Re: I Don't Believe In The Bible But I Believe In God Does That Make Me Less A Xiatn by Ahyshtear: 9:35am On Jun 19, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

In Defence Of Logicboy / Is Holy Ghost Fire Prayer Biblical? / Atheism Has Ancient Roots And Is Not ‘modern Invention’, Claims New Text

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.