Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Nigeria Will Soon Become World's Third Most Populous Country - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Will Soon Become World's Third Most Populous Country (601 Views)

Nigeria To Pass U.S. As World’s 3rd Most Populous Country By 2050, UN Says / Nigeria To Become World’s 3rd Most Populous Country In 2050 / Why Obama Never Visited The Most Populous Black Nation On Earth. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Will Soon Become World's Third Most Populous Country by kazmanbanjoko(m): 3:30pm On Aug 17, 2015
According to new estimates from the UN, the world is expected to add another billion people within the next 15 years, bringing the total global population from 7.3 billion in mid-2015 to 8.5 billion in 2030, 9.7 billion in 2050, and 11.2 billion by 2100.
Nigeria's population will be bigger than that of the U.S. before long. The country is expected to surpass America by about 2050 to become the third largest country in the world, the UN says.
At that point, China, India, Indonesia, Nigeria, Pakistan and the U.S. will all have populations of more than 300 million.
The UN stats also show that nearly half of the world's population growth that will happen before 2050 will be concentrated in nine countries: India, Nigeria, Pakistan, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ethiopia, Tanzania, the U.S., Indonesia and Uganda.

Source:
http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/nigeria-will-soon-become-worlds-third-most-populous-country.116099/

cc: lalasticlala

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Become World's Third Most Populous Country by YOLOHOMMIE(m): 3:33pm On Aug 17, 2015
I DEDICATE THIS PLOT OF LAND TO ISHILOVE!!!
PLS UNBAN MY ACCOUNT.
www.nairaland.com/richommie

ladyF introvert
make una ball in

#YOLO
Re: Nigeria Will Soon Become World's Third Most Populous Country by omowolewa: 3:34pm On Aug 17, 2015
I never add my own join the population.
Re: Nigeria Will Soon Become World's Third Most Populous Country by vivypretty(f): 3:36pm On Aug 17, 2015
i pray so
Re: Nigeria Will Soon Become World's Third Most Populous Country by temitemi1(m): 3:36pm On Aug 17, 2015
Noted!
Re: Nigeria Will Soon Become World's Third Most Populous Country by letsbet(m): 3:44pm On Aug 17, 2015
Remind me when we stopped being a 3rd world country.
Re: Nigeria Will Soon Become World's Third Most Populous Country by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 17, 2015
Hence the information so you don't litter the country.
omowolewa:
I never add my own join the population.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Soon Become World's Third Most Populous Country by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 17, 2015
lobish. shey with Tinubu walking around? let him return all our money, before ogun will strike him.
Re: Nigeria Will Soon Become World's Third Most Populous Country by omowolewa: 5:49pm On Aug 17, 2015
My granpa said pickin plenty for my body, I wan test him oracle?

missgray:
Hence the information so you don't litter the country.

(1) (Reply)

Overall Result of NASS activities so far ( Pic Attached ) / Some Ugly Faces Of APC Change We Craved For / Nigerians Demand Probe Of Oritsejafor, Okonjo-iweala, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.