Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,838 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread - Phones (243) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread (775592 Views)

How To Set Your Songs As Ringtone On Infinix Hot 2 X510 / Infinix Hot 2 (x510) Supports Usb Otg / How To Quickly Root Infinix Hot 2 X510 Without PC - Android One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (270) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Collinz2(m): 10:04am On Jul 31, 2016
negga4al:

There's a camera fix...have you tried flashing that?
goodday brother. The marshmallow upgrade refuses to download so i googled mm march update and download bt it refuses to install. I just flash recovery and root like that.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by negga4al(m): 10:09am On Jul 31, 2016
Collinz2:
goodday brother. The marshmallow upgrade refuses to download so i googled mm march update and download bt it refuses to install. I just flash recovery and root like that.

Next time before you flash recovery and root, post the problem, I could have helped.

I guess you are content with February update then.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Collinz2(m): 10:19am On Jul 31, 2016
negga4al:

Next time before you flash recovery and root, post the problem, I could have helped.

I guess you are content with February update then.
THANKS. Actually its January update, no bug or whatsoever but battery problem (planning to get the 3000mAh from jumia). If google release android N for the device then i'll flash the lollipop and start updating over the air to get it. One more thing, some app wont delect root e.g titanium backup and game hacking tools and some wont work properly, my guess is that the app devs need to update their apps to support systemless root.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by nakwe(m): 3:01pm On Jul 31, 2016
negga4al:

There's a camera fix...have you tried flashing that?
Yes bro, I flashed both the XUI and Fix XUI files
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by negga4al(m): 3:48pm On Jul 31, 2016
nakwe:

Yes bro, I flashed both the XUI and Fix XUI files

There's a third patch that fixes camera. Also there was a known bug about the flashlight, I'm not sure it has been fixed.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by selfdefence: 4:10pm On Jul 31, 2016
How much wild it cost our pockets?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by sureinfo: 4:56pm On Jul 31, 2016
Wow nice one
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by SkinnyDude(m): 6:18pm On Jul 31, 2016
please you guys should help me oo!! this android os is draining my data. please how do I stop it..

screenshot below

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by eniolaamoda: 7:26pm On Jul 31, 2016
negga4al:

There's a third patch that fixes camera. Also there was a known bug about the flashlight, I'm not sure it has been fixed.

Pls my hot note cant seem to download stuffs in internal.memory
Only sd card
And der is space der
If i download on internal memory
After 3munites d vidoe will miss
I wont b able.to play it
It says ".cant generate thumbnail"
I have created thumbnail.folders same.thing
I have evem clear cache of gallery in "apps settings"
Even wen i wanna download with uc
Uc.can download on sd
But wen d download path of uc is set to phone storage, it.just writes 000kb and d download bar doesnt move an inch
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by nakwe(m): 8:34pm On Jul 31, 2016
negga4al:

Alright, let me check that on XDA forum, Thanks.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by negga4al(m): 10:05pm On Jul 31, 2016
eniolaamoda:

Pls my hot note cant seem to download stuffs in internal.memory
Only sd card
And der is space der
If i download on internal memory
After 3munites d vidoe will miss
I wont b able.to play it
It says ".cant generate thumbnail"
I have created thumbnail.folders same.thing
I have evem clear cache of gallery in "apps settings"
Even wen i wanna download with uc
Uc.can download on sd
But wen d download path of uc is set to phone storage, it.just writes 000kb and d download bar doesnt move an inch

I'm sorry to here that. Unfortunately, I am not familiar with that phone. However, I do know that whenever you have corrupt files during writing process there must be a virus or malware in your internal storage.

You have to do a factory reset, or more extreme wipe clean your internal storage which will require flashing afresh your ROM.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by negga4al(m): 10:09pm On Jul 31, 2016
SkinnyDude:
please you guys should help me oo!! this android os is draining my data. please how do I stop it..

screenshot below

Restrict Android OS to foreground data only. I believe that's the part that tries to update your phone and probably some core OS apps. So restrict it to consume data only when you it is active, that is disable background data on Android OS.

You can also consider going to settings, backup & resert, disable automatic restore...if you cannot disable background data.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by SkinnyDude(m): 10:25pm On Jul 31, 2016
negga4al:

Restrict Android OS to foreground data only. I believe that's the part that tries to update your phone and probably some core OS apps. So restrict it to consume data only when you it is active, that is disable background data on Android OS.

You can also consider going to settings, backup & resert, disable automatic restore...if you cannot disable background data.
I have done everything.. restricting my background data. turned off the 'back up my data' .. yet, it is still consuming...
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by SkinnyDude(m): 10:29pm On Jul 31, 2016
negga4al:

the android os is dead.. it can not be touched.. so nowhere to restrict it
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Kehinderichard(m): 8:46am On Aug 01, 2016
Chinedujustin:
pls how to you download updates with data since one can't change time and date..?

If u must download update with data, u will have to post date ur time settings or u just wait for the wifi download period to expire which may actually take longer time
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Kehinderichard(m): 8:48am On Aug 01, 2016
paulinoace0:
which day?
Sorry..not 6.0.1 ..it's other upgrade of 6.0
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Seculent: 10:32am On Aug 01, 2016
SkinnyDude:

screenshot below
What do you think is the cause?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by negga4al(m): 10:49am On Aug 01, 2016
SkinnyDude:
the android os is dead.. it can not be touched.. so nowhere to restrict it

If it persists, do a factory reset and observe it. Worst case scenario, you have to re flash your ROM. And clean out internal storage.

Android OS is the core of the phone (System Partition), and yes it takes data but at best not as much as 10mb...in my case less than 3mb. Except you make a back up.

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by eniolaamoda: 2:11am On Aug 02, 2016
negga4al:

I'm sorry to here that. Unfortunately, I am not familiar with that phone. However, I do know that whenever you have corrupt files during writing process there must be a virus or malware in your internal storage.

You have to do a factory reset, or more extreme wipe clean your internal storage which will require flashing afresh your ROM.

Is flashing of rom the same thing as software update on "infinixmobility" can i get a fresh rom from.infinixmobility wen i select my fone type
I think diers shud not b too complex?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by negga4al(m): 1:24pm On Aug 02, 2016
eniolaamoda:

Is flashing of rom the same thing as software update on "infinixmobility" can i get a fresh rom from.infinixmobility wen i select my fone type
I think diers shud not b too complex?

Software Update section on their site gives you access to download the ROM available for your device. Download it, download the flash tool and flash the ROM to your device.

Flashing...means installing a ROM into the Android System (phone).

If you don't know what you're doing, I suggest you get a YouTube video to guide you, or just take it to the CarlCare Centre closer to you.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by eniolaamoda: 1:38pm On Aug 02, 2016
negga4al:

Software Update section on their site gives you access to download the ROM available for your device. Download it, download the flash tool and flash the ROM to your device.

Flashing...means installing a ROM into the Android System (phone).

If you don't know what you're doing, I suggest you get a YouTube video to guide you, or just take it to the CarlCare Centre closer to you.

Okay negga d calcare is very far
And i blive i can do dis
I think i did not download d rom dat d issue
Cus there was 3 things on d infinixmobilty site for hot507
Which were d sptool, manual and a rom of 5.0

I downloaded d sptool and manual but i did not download d rom of 5.0

So when i loaded d sptools i saw dat der was no "mtk 6920 scatter " amongst the options i was to insert, because in the manaul the scatter file was der

So i am thinking maybe it bcus i did not download d 5.0 rom

Could dat be d missing scatter file i am.seeking?

Reason i did not download it at first was because it was close to 700mb? I though it was an hoax or are rom really dat large, secondly i never tought 507 had reached a 5.0 level.

Also mr negga, do i have to download any driver to make d system read my fone, bcus d sptool and manual on d mobility site did not specify and driver needed.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by negga4al(m): 2:34pm On Aug 02, 2016
eniolaamoda:

Okay negga d calcare is very far
And i blive i can do dis
I think i did not download d rom dat d issue
Cus there was 3 things on d infinixmobilty site for hot507
Which were d sptool, manual and a rom of 5.0

I downloaded d sptool and manual but i did not download d rom of 5.0

Also mr negga, do i have to download any driver to make d system read my fone, bcus d sptool and manual on d mobility site did not specify and driver needed.

It is good to know that you are willing to learn. However, be warned, if you do anything wrong, you may damage (brick) your phone; I will not be responsible!

Now that we've cleared the air on that, let me say it is completely safe as long as you follow instructions. The tricky part though remains getting your system to read your phone...but that should not be a problem.

First, download these drivers: VCOM drivers and Android ADB drivers extract and install them. Google them

Enable USB debugging mode on your phone, go to settings, about phone, tap build number 7 times...go back to settings, open developer options and find debugging section, and enable "USB Debugging"

Download and extract the flash tool to the desktop

Download and extract rom to the desktop.

After installing drivers, restart your system (if you on win 10 let me know).
Switch off your phone without plugging it with the USB cable.
Now, open flash tool exe file as an administrator, load scatter file (which you will select from the ROM folder)
Click "install" or "download".
Now, plug your phone and wait till it installs (You should see some activity within 3mins max else something is wrong).
Once this is done, you will get an "OK" message.
Unplug phone and restart.
That's it!

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by SkinnyDude(m): 3:52pm On Aug 02, 2016
negga4al:

If it persists, do a factory reset and observe it. Worst case scenario, you have to re flash your ROM. And clean out internal storage.

Android OS is the core of the phone (System Partition), and yes it takes data but at best not as much as 10mb...in my case less than 3mb. Except you make a back up.
bro happy new month...
I did the factory reset and observed it.. it still consuming.. now, how do I flash my rom? and, will it have any effect to my phone.. thank you..
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by negga4al(m): 10:29pm On Aug 02, 2016
SkinnyDude:
bro happy new month...
I did the factory reset and observed it.. it still consuming.. now, how do I flash my rom? and, will it have any effect to my phone.. thank you..

Kindly use Google, or follow the step above. Go to infinixmobilty official site, support, select software update, your phone and then download.

Or go to the XDA developers hot 2 section of the forum.

Better option, visit the nearest CarlCare centre.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 03, 2016
Kehinderichard:

If u must download update with data, u will have to post date ur time settings or u just wait for the wifi download period to expire which may actually take longer time
i just found how to update mine without wifi. click airplane mode off your data go to date change ur date to a day b4 the day they displayed to u please off gps time update and automatic time update go to system update off airplane mode on your data your data must be on 3g den click download update click it continually until it starts update... if you ain't fast u have to start all over again
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Nobody: 10:49am On Aug 03, 2016
paulinoace0:

i just found how to update mine without wifi. click airplane mode off your data go to date change ur date to a day b4 the day they displayed to u please off gps time update and automatic time update go to system update off airplane mode on your data your data must be on 3g den click download update click it continually until it starts update... if you ain't fast u have to start all over again

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 03, 2016
paulinoace0:

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by CaraJewel(f): 12:54pm On Aug 03, 2016
Hi guys.....i want to get infinix hot2 device..2gb ram preferable...xooo is it a nice ok fone..ermm can u tell mi the current price..ummm if i wanna get it wil i av to tell dem 2gb ram variant?...umm does it skype?...tnx
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by negga4al(m): 2:08pm On Aug 03, 2016
CaraJewel:
Hi guys.....i want to get infinix hot2 device..2gb ram preferable...xooo is it a nice ok fone..ermm can u tell mi the current price..ummm if i wanna get it wil i av to tell dem 2gb ram variant?...umm does it skype?...tnx

Yes, it is an awesome phone.
Ask for 2gb RAM Variant, buy from authorized dealers only as there is influx of fake in the market now.
It has a front camera, of course...it Skypes angry
Price should be 25 to 28k...check Jumia.
Also, try to order for a bigger battery 3000mAh, suppose you are a heavy user.
Enjoy and welcome in advance!
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by eniolaamoda: 2:22pm On Aug 03, 2016
CaraJewel:

Whatsapp me on 081.80.71.24.74 i have a very clean hot2 i bought just 3months ago
Whatsapp me for more details if you are interested.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by CaraJewel(f): 3:32pm On Aug 03, 2016
negga4al:

Ask for 2gb RAM Variant, buy from authorized dealers only as there is influx of fake in the market now.
[url]
negga4al:

[/url]
negga4al:

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by CaraJewel(f): 3:36pm On Aug 03, 2016
Xowi for dat @neggal...tnx...i wont be doin d buying..and d pson wont get it here....for ordering battery..do u mean a separate one frm d one wid d fone

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (270) (Reply)

Android, Anyone? Part II / Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.