Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,943 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

What System Of Governments Are We Practising? (i'm Confused) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What System Of Governments Are We Practising? (i'm Confused) (1205 Views)

Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments / President Buhari In Group Photographs With Other Heads Of Governments In Malta / System Of Governments(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What System Of Governments Are We Practising? (i'm Confused) by MrImole: 7:04pm On Aug 17, 2015
I saw this on yahoo when I searched for the difference between federalism and regionalism and I'm confused.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20121119041239AAUiWEv

1- Federalism is a political concept in which a group of
members are bound together by covenant (Latin:
foedus, covenant) with a governing representative
head. The term "federalism" is also used to describe a
system of government in which sovereignty is
constitutionally divided between a central governing
authority and constituent political units (such as states
or provinces).
2- In politics, regionalism is a political ideology that
focuses on the interests of a particular region or group
of regions, whether traditional or formal (political
divisions, administrative divisions, country
subdivisions or subnational units). Regionalists aim at
increasing their region's influence and political power,
either through movements for limited form of autonomy
(devolution, states' rights, decentralization) or through
stronger measures for a greater degree of autonomy
(sovereignty, separatism, independence). Regionalists
often favor loose federations or confederations over a
unitary state with a strong central government.
So the most evident difference between the two is that
federal units have more autonomy in governing their
affairs (except for external relations and foreign policy
which are competences of the federal government) than
administrative regions...

My question is which of the two did Nigeria practice in 1950s and which one are we practising now?

Ishilove, Lalasticlala, farano, Seun
Re: What System Of Governments Are We Practising? (i'm Confused) by asha80(m): 7:06pm On Aug 17, 2015
MrImole:
I saw this on yahoo when I searched for the difference between federalism and regionalism and I'm confused.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20121119041239AAUiWEv

My question is which of the two did Nigeria practice in 1950s and which one are we practising now?

we practised regionalism in the 50s.

We are practising non of the two now

1 Like

Re: What System Of Governments Are We Practising? (i'm Confused) by Queennikky(f): 7:10pm On Aug 17, 2015
Kakistoplutomobocracy
Re: What System Of Governments Are We Practising? (i'm Confused) by MrImole: 7:10pm On Aug 17, 2015
asha80:
we practised regionalism in the 50s.
We are practising non of the two now
The one we are practising now, does it have a name?
Re: What System Of Governments Are We Practising? (i'm Confused) by Stephansmily(f): 7:10pm On Aug 17, 2015
Since its all about probing..ah guess its Probocracy
Re: What System Of Governments Are We Practising? (i'm Confused) by asha80(m): 7:11pm On Aug 17, 2015
MrImole:

The one we are practising now, does it have a name?
yes...feeding bottle federalism..seriously I dont think it has a name

1 Like

Re: What System Of Governments Are We Practising? (i'm Confused) by MrImole: 7:14pm On Aug 17, 2015
Queennikky:
Kakistoplutomobocracy

Are you under the influence of any substance?
Re: What System Of Governments Are We Practising? (i'm Confused) by realtestament(m): 7:14pm On Aug 17, 2015
Confusionalism cool

1 Like

Re: What System Of Governments Are We Practising? (i'm Confused) by Immanueladebol(m): 7:16pm On Aug 17, 2015
We practised lootocracy,we are practising probocracy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What System Of Governments Are We Practising? (i'm Confused) by agitator: 7:17pm On Aug 17, 2015
Don't you know it is northernocracy angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: What System Of Governments Are We Practising? (i'm Confused) by osaslord500(m): 7:20pm On Aug 17, 2015
Na jujulism we set practice

1 Like

Re: What System Of Governments Are We Practising? (i'm Confused) by sdindan: 7:21pm On Aug 17, 2015
photocracy

2 Likes

Re: What System Of Governments Are We Practising? (i'm Confused) by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 17, 2015
Buharicracy grin
Re: What System Of Governments Are We Practising? (i'm Confused) by chymystique(f): 7:35pm On Aug 17, 2015

NORTHO-LISM- Focuses on the North Alone
PHOTO-LISM- Focuses on Taking pictures and Uploading on social networks
grin

3 Likes

Re: What System Of Governments Are We Practising? (i'm Confused) by delishpot: 7:36pm On Aug 17, 2015
Kleptomanialism for a while now its probingcracy
Re: What System Of Governments Are We Practising? (i'm Confused) by MrImole: 8:01pm On Aug 17, 2015
Can't I just get one correct answer?
Re: What System Of Governments Are We Practising? (i'm Confused) by asha80(m): 8:13pm On Aug 17, 2015
MrImole:
Can't I just get one correct answer?
which answer are you looking for? We are not practising federalism or regionalism at the moment

If anything what we are practising now is closer to unitary system
Re: What System Of Governments Are We Practising? (i'm Confused) by baralatie(m): 8:26pm On Aug 17, 2015
Queennikky:
Kakistoplutomobocracy
a beg call am again
Re: What System Of Governments Are We Practising? (i'm Confused) by rasco2000me: 8:56pm On Aug 17, 2015
THE SYSTEM OF GOVT WE ARE PRACTISING NOW,IS THE ONE SAY ALL THE LOOTED FUND SHALL BE RECOVER
Re: What System Of Governments Are We Practising? (i'm Confused) by xrisdon(m): 9:11pm On Aug 17, 2015
op, none of the above!

what we are practicing now is
ministerlessocrasy

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Is Not The Poor Man He Pretends To Be – Balarabe Musa / Still On The Buhari, Tinubu And Saraki Affair By Chima Chime / Senator Dr. Bukola Saraki's Biography.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.