Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year (7227 Views)

Poll: The CBN Governor's salary is:

Too low.: 54% (72 votes)
Too high.: 9% (13 votes)
Just right.: 35% (47 votes)
This poll has ended

Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Okonjo-Iweala's Response To Charles Soludo's Article / Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo / Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by compressor(m): 8:07pm On Mar 25, 2009
Charles Chukwuma Soludo The Bank Robber

See Nigeria's CBN governor on an annual salary of 12million naira.
Corruption is neither Igbo,Hausa nor Yoruba.  Shame on US NIGERIANS.

http://saharareporters.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1292:chukwuma-soludo-is-living-large-234nextcom&catid=42:exclusive&Itemid=160leas
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by Olusleeky(m): 7:33am On Mar 27, 2009
my brother, 12m per annum is nothin compare to soludo's position. do u now how much a bank manager collects per annum ? let alone CBN governor
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by achoudeh(m): 7:51am On Mar 27, 2009
@ poster i beg what is your problem with that?
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by webman(m): 2:59pm On Mar 27, 2009
They are  all bank thieves
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by damola1: 3:12pm On Mar 27, 2009
12M must be like: $80k, thats a joke right, maybe basic,
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by achoudeh(m): 3:24pm On Mar 27, 2009
damola1:
12M must be like: $80k, thats a joke right, maybe basic,
if you ask me i will say is a small money how much bank directors de recieve i bep make una cull down 4 the man sha,
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by agabaI23(m): 3:28pm On Mar 27, 2009
haha soludo? Succes na trouble, poverty na wahala!

Leave soludo alone!
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by BAC: 5:03pm On Mar 27, 2009
I don't appreciate Soludo's moves and lies. But for that position N12M is just too small. I expect double that, to match up the responsibilities. Come and ask Our bankers here, Many earn over £1M in bonuses alone. And they still send people's money into a black hole,
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by SweetT1: 7:34pm On Mar 27, 2009
The guy is an Asshole.
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by uzwu: 8:51pm On Mar 27, 2009
Soludo should be left alone i beg you people o. He has done alot for us as in the recapitalisation etc.
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by frenchman(m): 10:58pm On Mar 27, 2009
12million or 12billion naira?
i it is 12million,then what is the problem with that,thats not too much
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by Moyola(f): 11:01pm On Mar 27, 2009
shiiiioooooorrrr!!! 12milla!! tongue
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by carlos26(m): 11:07pm On Mar 27, 2009
PLEASE HE DOESN'T TOUCH THAT SALARY.

THEY HAVE A LOT OF THINGS THAT MAKES THEM MONEY.

THE SALARY IS NOT ANYTHING TO SOLUDO COS HE HAS INVESTMENTS WORTH MILLIONS HOME AND ABROAD.
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by spikedcylinder: 11:17pm On Mar 27, 2009
EDs at my company make more than this and I'm assuming some commercial bank heads make more than this as well. Whats the big deal here?
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by showbobo(m): 11:24pm On Mar 27, 2009
Cant y'all read in between the lines . . . . . Charles Soludo makes 12 Million Naira PER MINUTE not per annum. . . . . Who are they fooling
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by haykay2005: 11:28pm On Mar 27, 2009
abegi,i2 million is too small for soludo.comercial banks GMs earn more than that not to talk of the cbn gov
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by SamMilla1(m): 11:38pm On Mar 27, 2009
he is a thief. they are all opportuned thieves.
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by TayoD1(m): 11:51pm On Mar 27, 2009
@topic,

12 milllon! What's the big deal with that? To be honest, any employer who plans to bring me back to Naija must be willing to pay that much per annum before I can even think to begin thinking of probably considering accepting the job!
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by Nobody: 11:52pm On Mar 27, 2009
Tayo-D:

@topic,

12 milllon! What's the big deal with that? To be honest, any employer who plans to bring me back to Naija must be willing to pay that much per annum before I can even think to begin thinking of probably considering accepting the job!

supported!
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by Kobojunkie: 11:56pm On Mar 27, 2009
Soludo is neither a bank manager nor is he employed in the PRIVATE SECTOR. He is a public servant and should be expected to earn something REASONABLE not OUTRAGEOUS as you would expect to find in the private sector. That to the side, I think 12 million naira a year is reasonable pay BUT how does this pay weigh when compared to his spending habits? Does it all add up or are they gaps that need explaining?
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by Nobody: 12:02am On Mar 28, 2009
Poster, I think you should change the subject; people are hung up on the N12 million. I doubt if most people are going to the link you attached at the bottom of your post.

The real gist is in that link, the N12m is not the issue.
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by niyyie(m): 12:09am On Mar 28, 2009
N12 million only? wink
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by osisi2(f): 12:11am On Mar 28, 2009
Tayo-D:

@topic,

exactly!
any employer offering me less than the equivalent of $150 thousand in Nigeria is joking.
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by kayc33(m): 12:31am On Mar 28, 2009
i guess it's 12mill per month and not per annum
12mill per annum is just too small 4 a whole CBN governor angry
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by server34(m): 12:32am On Mar 28, 2009
wwheelz:

Poster, I think you should change the subject; people are hung up on the N12 million. I doubt if most people are going to the link you attached at the bottom of your post.

The real gist is in that link, the N12m is not the issue.

Abi oh. D issue is in d living large not d 12m. 12m too small for the guy sef.
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by kennbox(m): 1:03am On Mar 28, 2009
All Ye Soludo Haters (People With Very Short Memory) Shebi una dey show una self?
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by A40(m): 1:41am On Mar 28, 2009
Do they mean 12 million a year or 1200 million a year? cheesy cheesy
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by Kobojunkie: 1:42am On Mar 28, 2009
kayc33:

i guess it's 12mill per month and not per annum
12mill per annum is just too small 4 a whole CBN governor angry

The chairman of the federal reserve ( USA ) makes about $191, 300 a year. You mean 12 million Naira a month for a NIGERIAN CIVIL SERVANT makes more sense to you?? KAI!!!
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by spoilt(f): 2:22am On Mar 28, 2009
Thats not a lot! @ OP why are you hyperventilating?
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by Kobojunkie: 3:15am On Mar 28, 2009
Is anyone even bothering to read the article at the link provided??
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by biina: 3:23am On Mar 28, 2009
People making conversions to forex value for comparison should reconsider as the purchasing power in the economies are different. A better comparison would be the kind of house you could buy with the money in one economy and compare to a similar housing asset in the other.

NGN 12 Million is slightly below what I would expect for a CBN governor, but if what the article states is true, he is living above his income.

I have never approved of him as  the CBN governor, as I felt he lacked the required skills and experience for the position. While his supporters will always cite the recapitalization and  consolidation of banks as his prime achievement, the truth his that it was never the problem nor the solution to the problem. The bane of the banking industry, and financial sector as a whole, as always been (and still is) poor corporate governance.

His argument for recapitalization essentially stems from the Harrod-Dormar model which proposes that the key component for economic growth and well being, is the input of capital i.e. big banks make big economies. Same ideology is behind all the foreign  loans and economic implementations that have failed in the past. The state of the Nigerian economy and the value of the Naira tells us the level of success of the move.

He argued that the consolidation of the banks would make it easier for CBN to effect policing. This notion is almost as hilarious as his installer, Obasanjo's excuse for increasing fuel prices in Nigeria as a deterrent to smugglers trafficking furl into the neighboring countries. The number of banks was not unmanageable, but rather that CBN officials were complicit in the doctoring of financial records  that is so rampant in the sector.

All we have to show for his tenure in office is the increased unemployment from his consolidation process, the poor state of the Naira, and the affliction of the stock market.

Hopefully they let someone else have a crack at the position. Cant understand why African never want to leave office.
Re: Charles Soludo Makes 12 Million Naira A Year by slimfine(f): 3:30am On Mar 28, 2009
the official salary might be N12mill. but we all know that he makes wey much more and since we are talking Nigeria, it is called Corruption, bribery, and thieving! I am not even sure why we are surprised, Can someone say ABACHA!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonathan Meets Igbo Elders Over South-east Development / Video Of Igbo Businesses; Shops And Goods Demolished In Lagos / NJC Dismissed N25m Bribery Petition Against Justice Ademola, Official Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.