Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,352 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Shocking!! Egun are Not Yoruba---Dr. Pius Fasinu And The Ogu Collective - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shocking!! Egun are Not Yoruba---Dr. Pius Fasinu And The Ogu Collective (7331 Views)

Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names / Patience Jonathan At A Burial In Ogu Town Today(photos) / See What Dr Pius Odubu Must Learn From Atiku And Goodluck Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shocking!! Egun are Not Yoruba---Dr. Pius Fasinu And The Ogu Collective by RTSC: 10:47am On Feb 20, 2019
Interesting.

The egun nation should be respected.
Re: Shocking!! Egun are Not Yoruba---Dr. Pius Fasinu And The Ogu Collective by Jackossky(m): 3:36pm On Feb 21, 2019
patrick89:

which oyo? the one Dahomey women came and chased away?

The truth of the matter is Egun peeps are not yoruba in no regard, they're forced to speak yoruba, my stay in badagry opened my eyes! they speak their distinct language, their culture musical instrument traditional attires are very different from yoruba! it just like saying ibibio are igbos! or Ijaws are igbos! they share nothing in common, most of them tend to understand yoruba to survive, yoruba don't understand anything in their language
They are mostly traditionalists, they are veer peaceful and hardworking!!
Egun peeps look more muscular than yoruba!
Honestly the injustice is too much, you need to see their public schools! if you go to badagry you will understand, infact If I should suggest, they should join their kits and kins in Benin republic!
They also enjoy dual citizenship,
they are mostly uneducated, you will see a young girl of 20 years that can not speak come" and "go" they lack everything I have written something similar about this but, as usual they came and dismissed it!
if you see any of them with yoruba name, then he /she must have adopted the name.
Egun people are culturally strong! ie they are still deep into their culture!!

Using an eye to look you. Who are you to speak for the whole tribe/populace? A 20-year old girl? You make me gasp for breath. Where did you stay in Badagry? I mean, where did you visit to say most are illiterate? Please, don't flack such misinformation.
The primary/ secondary schools? I might understand if you say you visited the environ in the 50s, if you were here, you would know that development has become prevalent in the society; especially in the area of education.

About the tribe, there are several asservations to support/ refute the claim that they are part of Yoruba.
Re: Shocking!! Egun are Not Yoruba---Dr. Pius Fasinu And The Ogu Collective by kayfra: 3:39pm On Feb 21, 2019
Is this news? SMH
Re: Shocking!! Egun are Not Yoruba---Dr. Pius Fasinu And The Ogu Collective by nkwuocha: 3:42pm On Feb 21, 2019
ikechu1278:

You dey look for anioma thread , you're talking to one. How u dey? grin did you hear Egun said they are not yoruba grin

I have met several guys from badagry that says they are not Yoruba.I was even the one arguing that his can you bear a Yoruba name and still claim not to be Yoruba,the guy went hyper still claiming he is not Yoruba shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Radio Biafra Launches UYO Relay Station, To Start Broadcasting By Weekend / INEC Discovers Names Of 1,224 Dead Persons On Voter Register In Adamawa / Imo West: INEC Challenges Jurisdiction Of Court On Okorocha's Suit - Daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.