Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,858 members, 7,844,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read (20076 Views)

Oil Minister Double Standards: Photos Of Son's Private Jet Lifestyle - / Buhari Asks For E.A. Adeboyes Blessings / Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by PapaBrowne(m): 1:29pm On Mar 26, 2009
AjanleKoko:

Bros,
I thank you there.
to paraphrase Fela: 'Na so African man life be, suffer don dabaru im sense'
People dey yarn like say na their money RCCG take buy jet.
Questions:
-is it okay for IBB to own a private jet? Cos I never seen any such thread, even though I know for a fact that he has one?
-is it okay for the GMD NNPC to have a private jet? Cos I also know for a fact that there is an official jet of similar spec to the RCCG jet attached to that function.
-was it okay for OBJ to buy the Boeing Business Jet at 100bn plus, even though it was never delivered (to the best of my knowledge)?
-Is it okay for other certified government and allied looters (Dangote, Otedola, etc, etc) to own private jets (because they do o!)?

Adeboye is head of an organization, RCCG, and is answerable only to the trustees of that organization. Also, the jet was not bought by him, but by the organization. That is the problem of the organization, not for general consumption by the general public, and that includes the idle academic in the States who wrote that article. The problem be say, as a religious leader, everybody feels the need to comment about everything he does.
I've always wondered how come the non-members of the said RCCG are the ones raising the most dust about this jet. When your leaders are there buying not only jets but islands, oil fields and what have you. Nobody has anything to say. Instead some people will cite them as the most innovative businessmen in Nigeria. How laughable. Nigeria must be the only country where you become a super-billionaire by selling car stereos to top military men, a la Adenuga. N una sabi.

This is the best reply on any thread!

Now, if anybody can answer the highlighted questions above, then he has the moral justification to keep criticisizng. If you can't, then forever seal your lips on this issue!

Really, how come members of RCCG are happy about the purchase, while non-members, are the ones screaming fowl!
Why we dey drink panadol for another person headache? RCCG members are happy for crying out loud!!!
Come to think of it, RCCG is an organization and its leaders are responsible to their members and not to the nairaland public!
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by ndelta1(m): 1:37pm On Mar 26, 2009
@ All,

"Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm"
thats what the bible says, please know what and what you write about these men of God.
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by Jakumo(m): 1:43pm On Mar 26, 2009
n_delta:

@ All,

"Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm"
thats what the bible says, please know what and what you write about these men of God.

I have areally good suggestion about what you can do with your anointed Love Machine, but this is a family website.
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by PapaBrowne(m): 1:48pm On Mar 26, 2009
@Jakumo
The bitterleaf in your blood would not make a dint an inch on the reputation, whether good or bad, of the preacher in question!
I'm sure u couldn't live with the fact that the world's most reputable newsprint, TIME MAGAZINE, placed him alongside the likes of great icons like Obama, Oprah, The Clintons, Bill Gates, Angela Merkel and a host of others!

May I inform you that with the purchase of the Private Jet, you are now at greater risk of abandoning your agnostic state, as the long arm of the RCCG gets ever closer to your territory wherever you are!
I think you would make for a good Pastor! It's just a matter of time!
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by Jakumo(m): 1:58pm On Mar 26, 2009
You are right about that PapaBrowne.   I want piece of that God action, and I want in NOW.   I am tired of working for a living, and seeing as Nigeria is the land of milk and honey for con-men of all stripes, I am ready to relocate to the seediest area of Lagos PROVIDED that I will be made a lesser prophet that is eligible for a fat cut of cash from the Big Guy.    Also it is imperative that I be authorized to minister upon those hot church girls while aboard Air Eunuch One, as we cruise the stratosphere, bound for the playgrounds of the idle rich in the French Riviera 

Then and only then will  I stop my attacks on my hero, mentor and role-model, Pastor Eunuch.
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by Nobody: 2:52pm On Mar 26, 2009
get rich or die trying. nigerians are big mumus. thaats why i wanna go open ma own chach so i can make maany and buy ma private jetssssss
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by IFELEKE(m): 3:08pm On Mar 26, 2009
AjanleKoko:

Bros,
I thank you there.
to paraphrase Fela: 'Na so African man life be, suffer don dabaru im sense'
People dey yarn like say na their money RCCG take buy jet.
Questions:
-is it okay for IBB to own a private jet? Cos I never seen any such thread, even though I know for a fact that he has one.
-is it okay for the GMD NNPC to have a private jet? Cos I also know for a fact that there is an official jet of similar spec to the RCCG jet attached to that function.
-was it okay for OBJ to buy the Boeing Business Jet at 100bn plus, even though it was never delivered (to the best of my knowledge)?
-Is it okay for other certified government and allied looters (Dangote, Otedola, etc, etc) to own private jets (because they do o!)?

Adeboye is head of an organization, RCCG, and is answerable only to the trustees of that organization. Also, the jet was not bought by him, but by the organization. That is the problem of the organization, not for general consumption by the general public, and that includes the idle academic in the States who wrote that article. The problem be say, as a religious leader, everybody feels the need to comment about everything he does.
I've always wondered how come the non-members of the said RCCG are the ones raising the most dust about this jet. When your leaders are there buying not only jets but islands, oil fields and what have you. Nobody has anything to say. Instead some people will cite them as the most innovative businessmen in Nigeria. How laughable. Nigeria must be the only country where you become a super-billionaire by selling car stereos to top military men, a la Adenuga. N una sabi.

RIGHT ON POINT!
Jakumo and his Cronies are just threading the path of Blasphemy.
@Jakumo
If you are so much concerned about the  decay in the soceity then start by addressing the issues of your leaders(PAST AND PRESENT) who rob and rub it in your face.
The Babangidas,Abachas,Obasanjos,Atikus,Yar'aduas and so much more are there flaunting their ill gotten monies and all you can do is to pick on The Man of God because you know you can't challenge your plaunderers
Face your problems and stop tackling trivialities.
What Redeem does with monies is the business of the Board Of Trustees,Church Members and God.
Find somewhere else to vent your frustration about the state of the nation.

PapaBrowne:

This is the best reply on any thread!

Now, if anybody can answer the highlighted questions above, then he has the moral justification to keep criticisizng. If you can't, then forever seal your lips on this issue!

Really, how come members of RCCG are happy about the purchase, while non-members, are the ones screaming fowl!
Why we dey drink panadol for another person headache? RCCG members are happy for crying out loud!!!
Come to think of it, RCCG is an organization and its leaders are responsible to their members and not to the nairaland public!
I wonder!
Nobody has ever addressed the positve impacts of Redeem on the society or the good works the church is doing through Her numerous NGOs.
The Pull Him Down Syndrome has taken over and its seriously ravaging their minds,PITY!
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by REALTRUTH1: 3:20pm On Mar 26, 2009
Pastor Adeboye Private Jet Until Pastor Adeboye puts up a defense or counter the mounting criticisms trailing this jet stuff,,,everybody or persons trying to defend the pastor re just short sighted and religiuos Bigots.In the US the CEOS of mega Multi-national company re being asked to drop their private jets because its being considered as luxury and waste of tax payers money.
Again I say on this issue,,,until Pastor Adeboye puts up a counter defense on this issue thats when I would truly see reasons.Far beyond the Jet saga,with due respect to Adeboye, RCCG is actually sliding from where it actually started from.Someone saying they have 6000 branches over the world.Do you know that many of the so called pastors in these branches or parishes are not even born-again,,,that is one of the church's biggest challenge.If you read the writers article very well without biase,,,you would know the writer is very informed about RCCG and church in Nigeria.
There are too many scandals in RCCG that are even worst than the private jet issue.The church needs to wake up and go back to where it actually started from,,,
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by REALTRUTH1: 3:23pm On Mar 26, 2009
IFELEKE (m): But the likes of the political and business leaders re all members or friends of RCCG, OBJ,,,Tinubu,efcc Madam Waziri,,,James Ibori,,,Bunmi Oni the corrupt ex cadbury MD,,and MANY MORE to mention a few.
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by REALTRUTH1: 3:30pm On Mar 26, 2009
One thing people need to understand about criticism is that when you re being criticised,, what should bother is whether what you are criticised about is true or false and not whether the person criticising you is your enemy or friend.
If everybody keeps quite about this issue,,that doesn't make it right.That is the problem with religion,,religion makes ur leaders to be absolutely right even when they re wrong.I tell you the truth,,, RCCG as a matter of fact take back its step to where it actually started from,,,,In case you wanna know better about RCCG,,,go ask Pastor Tunde Bakare and Pastor Tony Rapu of this present House in lekki lagos.
why do you need 6000 parishes or branches when more than half of these pastors re not even born-again?what is the essence of that?
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by IFELEKE(m): 3:33pm On Mar 26, 2009
REAL TRUTH:

Pastor Adeboye Private Jet Until Pastor Adeboye puts up a defense or counter the mounting criticisms trailing this jet stuff,,,everybody or persons trying to defend the pastor re just short sighted and religiuos Bigots.In the US the CEOS of mega Multi-national company re being asked to drop their private jets because its being considered as luxury and waste of tax payers money.
Again I say on this issue,,,until Pastor Adeboye puts up a counter defense on this issue thats when I would truly see reasons.Far beyond the Jet saga,with due respect to Adeboye, RCCG is actually sliding from where it actually started from.Someone saying they have 6000 branches over the world.Do you know that many of the so called pastors in these branches or parishes are not even born-again,,,that is one of the church's biggest challenge.If you read the writers article very well without biase,,,you would know the writer is very informed about RCCG and church in Nigeria.
There are too many scandals in RCCG that are even worst than the private jet issue.The church needs to wake up and go back to where it actually started from,,,
And who are you to Judge?
Tell me your religion and your place of worship and I will mention scandals rocking your boat.
The controversial Jet belongs to the Redeemed Church and The church is answerable to The Board Of Trustees,Church Members and God
I don't know how many times this needs to be repeated
As a Good Nigerian,you can report the church to the EFCC instead of idle rantings.
Adeboye will never come out to speak on the jet issue because it's not HIS!
You can continue to shout Blue Murder to The Heavens very soon you will be tired of your rantings(just like every other people that have brought the subject matter up on this forum) and face serious issues battling the nation
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by REALTRUTH1: 3:51pm On Mar 26, 2009
IFELEKE:

And who are you to Judge?
Tell me your religion and your place of worship and I will mention scandals rocking your boat.
The controversial Jet belongs to the Redeemed Church and The church is answerable to The Board Of Trustees,Church Members and God
I don't know how many times this needs to be repeated
As a Good Nigerian,you can report the church to the EFCC instead of idle rantings.
Adeboye will never come out to speak on the jet issue because it's not HIS!
You can continue to shout Blue Murder to The Heavens very soon you will be tired of your rantings(just like every other people that have brought the subject matter up on this forum) and face serious issues battling the nation
That is the problem with people who made God out man,,,,btw you and I,,,I will ask everyone to go through my post on this issue(Jet) to fish out if I had made any judgemental statement.Bottomline is that I have enough logical reasons to criticise this issue,,,but I would rather wait to hear the story of the major party involved in this saga,,,What do you mean by Judge?Real Christians re actually meant to put their leaders under check,,U mustn't assume they re always right cos in their best form,,,they are still MEN.
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by bawomolo(m): 4:14pm On Mar 26, 2009
lol i like Jakumo. Dude isn't PC at all with his opinion.

The touch not my annointed doctrine is trait of being obsequious. pastors have been deified in Nigeria.
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by Jakumo(m): 4:16pm On Mar 26, 2009
IFELEKE:

RIGHT ON POINT!
Jakumo and his Cronies are just threading the path of Blasphemy.
@Jakumo
If you are so much concerned about the  decay in the soceity then start by addressing the issues of your leaders(PAST AND PRESENT) who rob and rub it in your face.
The Babangidas,Abachas,Obasanjos,Atikus,Yar'aduas and so much more are there flaunting their ill gotten monies and all you can do is to pick on The Man of God because you know you can't challenge your plaunderers
Face your problems and stop tackling trivialities.
What Redeem does with monies is the business of the Board Of Trustees,Church Members and God.
Find somewhere else to vent your frustration about the state of the nation.
I wonder!
Nobody has ever addressed the positve impacts of Redeem on the society or the good works the church is doing through Her numerous NGOs.
The Pull Him Down Syndrome has taken over and its seriously ravaging their minds,PITY!

Pastor Eunuch is an evil person in my book because he created an indoctrination camp whose traffic DIRECTLY triggers 15 to 24 HOUR traffic gridlock on the Lagos to Ibadan Expressway, as it has done with clockwork regularity every month, for the past quarter century.  Records are not kept to tally the number of victims that have been claimed from amongst the thousands of motorists of ALL FAITHS who found and continue to find themselves trapped in their cars on Nigeria's most dangerous highway, directly as a result of Pastor Eunuch's Adeboye's rampant, unrestrained gluttony.

I accept with humility your considered judgement that I commit blasphemy by ridiculing the gentleman whose greed has claimed so many innocent lives, and bereaved so many families in a land where mere survival is challenging enough, without incurring the added peril of Eunuch's customer traffic monster rally causing deadly car accidents on a FEDERAL HIGHWAY, and in a SECULAR state, the Federal Republic of Nigeria.  

Not that you asked, but I do slumber peacefully every night,  at ease in my blasphemous dreams, and secure in the knowledge that the pursuit of my own livelihood has[b] never once [/b] inconvenienced another human being, talk less of killing them by the score in AVOIDABLE traffic accidents every month, along Nigeria's main economic artery, as is the case with Pastor Eunuch, as he continues with total impunity his monthly assaults on the Nigerian motoring public.

Pastor Eunuch's acquisition of a $50 million dollar Gulfstream 5 luxury jet was earlier contrasted, by a learned contributor to this discussion thread, with the travel style of the Pope, the global HEAD of the Catholic Church.   The Pope travelled aboard a chartered commercial aircraft for his recent African trip, one of countless such tours The Pontiff undertakes annually, but such a lowly, pedestrian travel modality is clearly WELL beneath the lofty standards of an obscure cult leader from Crime Central, Nigeria, named Pastor Eunuch Adeboye, whose activities DIRECTLY kill more Nigerian motorists with every passing  month.
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by IFELEKE(m): 4:21pm On Mar 26, 2009
REAL TRUTH:

Bottomline is that I have enough logical reasons to criticise this issue,,,but I would rather wait to hear the story of the major party involved in this saga,,,What do you mean by Judge?Real Christians re actually meant to put their leaders under check,,U mustn't assume they re always right cos in their best form,,,they are still MEN.
Same Here,
But when your so called major party are not saying anything and people you claim are to put them to check are not complaining then what is your own?
Get me right,
I had refused to comment on this issue since the news broke out because i believe it should be left for appropriate authorities to handle[b](THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF THE CHURCH,THE MEMBERS,THE APPROPRIATE AUTHORITIES IN THE COUNTRY AND ULTIMATELY,GOD)[/b]but when people started turning the whole issue into  blasphemous rantings i broke that resolve.
I repeat myself again,
LEAVE THIS ISSUE AND FACE THE BIGGER MESS OUR ECONOMY HAS BEEN TURNED INTO.
Aint you tired already?
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by Jakumo(m): 4:31pm On Mar 26, 2009
IFELEKE:

LEAVE THIS ISSUE AND FACE THE BIGGER MESS OUR ECONOMY HAS BEEN TURNED INTO.

Perhaps a good starting point would be a ball-park monetary quantification of the number of lost man-hours and LIVES in traffic caused by Mr. Eunuch Adeboye every month for the past 25 years.

I'll open bidding at ten BILLION US greenback dollars, LOST to Nigeria over that time, with more loss to come, every phucking month ad infinitum.

After bidding closes, we can then extrapolate into the future to see how much damage this one man will wreak if he continues his monthly rape of the Lagos to Ibadan Expessway unchecked.
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by REALTRUTH1: 4:49pm On Mar 26, 2009
@IFELEKE: your quote,,,But when your so called major party are not saying anything and people you claim are to put them to check are not complaining then what is your own?
Get me right,
I had refused to comment on this issue since the news broke out because i believe it should be left for appropriate authorities to handle(THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF THE CHURCH,THE MEMBERS,THE APPROPRIATE AUTHORITIES IN THE COUNTRY AND ULTIMATELY,GOD)

Now you re talking,,,since the major party(s) re keeping quite over this,,,haven't you heard the saying that silence means consent!!,,,Further more ,,,if you ask me,,,the CHURCH in Nigeria is a major problem in Nigeria,,,,Infact very major problem and this was substantiated by the just concluded PFN nad CAN meeting,,,The Church in Nigeria has a great potential to position the country but I would tell you the truth,,,the church has lost its calling and purpose,,,and until we start telling oueselves the truth,,,we would achieve little or nothing,
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by Fhemmmy: 4:56pm On Mar 26, 2009
I wonder what all the fuzz is all about.
The man is a man of God, he has done good, and he is a man that travels a lot, so if you do the math and see how much he spent in a year on travelling, i am sure it aint cheap, so if the church see it fit for their overseer to own a plane and make his job easier, i see no big deal about it.
I think most of the people making noise are only doing so for the sake of making noise or some are just still under the poverty mentality, if you have such money to get one, i am sure you will get one.
So let us leave the man alone to pastor his church.
God bless you jare Pastor.
I use ya own ask from God too
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by bawomolo(m): 12:37am On Mar 27, 2009
so if you do the math and see how much he spent in a year on travelling, i am sure it aint cheap,

So handling fees, maintenance fees and the cost of buying a jet are cheaper than a commercial airliner? WTF happened to Delta Skymiles.

Adeboye seems to be building a cult of personality where his actions are unquestioned.
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by PapaBrowne(m): 12:56am On Mar 27, 2009
bawomolo:

So handling fees, maintenance fees and the cost of buying a jet are cheaper than a commercial airliner? WTF happened to Delta Skymiles.

Adeboye seems to be building a cult of personality where his actions are unquestioned.

The cost of things my friend, is not measured only in monetary terms! The cost of time for high mobility leaders is much weightier by far than the cost of money!
While you can increase your money, you cannot increase your time, hence your only option is to increase the rate at which you do things!
The private jet does just that!

And may I ask why you still can't understand the fact that as a non-member of RCCG, you have no right to question decisions of the organisation. They are not answerable to you! Those(RCCG members) that have the moral authority to question the church, seem to be fully in support, as they are happily defending the purchase even here on Nairaland!
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by bawomolo(m): 12:59am On Mar 27, 2009
The cost of things my friend, is not measured only in monetary terms! The cost of time for high mobility leaders is much weightier by far than the cost of money!

yeah Adeboye has an higher workload than the Pope or Dalai Lama. excuses excuses

And may I ask why you still can't understand the fact that as a non-member of RCCG, you have no right to question decisions of the organisation.

I know a cult when i see one. This is just my opinion
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by PapaBrowne(m): 1:52am On Mar 27, 2009
bawomolo:

yeah Adeboye has an higher workload than the Pope or Dalai Lama. excuses excuses

I know a cult when i see one.  This is just my opinion

Maybe you are underestimating the profile of Adeboye, perhaps because he is Nigerian!

Just to put things in perspective, remember TIME MAGAZINE named him amongst the 50 most influential persons on the planet alongside the likes of Obama, Oprah, The Clintons and other world leaders many of whom were Heads of states.
Now you shouldn't underestimate the workload of someone with that kind of profile!

Cult Following? I don't see any RCCG members wearing Tee shirts with his pictures or engraving tattoos with his name on their bodies!
Wanna talk cult following, lets talk Barack Obama!
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by Jakumo(m): 6:47am On Mar 27, 2009
The world still patiently awaits the scientifically verifyable PROOF that would be required to substantiate Pastor Eunuch's bizarre claim, which was thoughtfully placed prominently at the very end of that Time Magazine article on this circus performer, that Adeboye has invented a car which ran for 200 miles with NO FUEL at all other than PRAYER.

The unspoken truth that was so eloquently presented by Time magazine, but which obviously flew right over the ossified heads of Adeboye's hordes of terminally brainwashed victims, was that Nigerian people as a group, despite their well earned reputation for venality, deception and compulsive kleptomania,  still rank amongst the most intellectually challenged and easily hoodwinked demographic currently occupying planet earth, as starkly evidenced by their mass acceptance of a Eunuch Adeboye's utterly preposterous premise that PRAYER ALONE can fuel an internal combustion engine.
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by MrCrackles(m): 7:02am On Mar 27, 2009
Jakumo:

The world still patiently awaits the scientifically verifyable PROOF that would be required to substantiate Pastor Eunuch's bizarre claim, which was thoughtfully placed prominently at the very end of that Time Magazine article on this circus performer, that Adeboye has invented a car which ran for 200 miles with NO FUEL at all other than PRAYER.

The unspoken truth that was so eloquently made by Time magazine, but which obviously flew right over the heads of Adeboye's hordes of terminally brainwashed victims, was that Nigerian people as a group, despite their well earned reputation for venality, deception and compulsive kleptomania, still rank amongst the most intellectually challenged and easily hoodwinked demographic currently occupying planet earth, as starkly evidenced by their mass acceptance of a Eunuch Adeboye's utterly preposterous premise that PRAYER ALONE can fuel an internal combustion engine.

shocked grin
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by shotster50(m): 8:07am On Mar 27, 2009
Nothing anyone here says will justify buying a private jet of that amount in Nigeria. Come on lets be real. It is a shame people are being taken for a ride on this one. Please do not give me that crap about Board of Trustees as if they could really do anything about the situation. Religious leaders in Nigeria are running things dicatatorship style. Although some are good intentioned, they are falling into the temptations of materialism.
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by birdman(m): 8:22am On Mar 27, 2009
NIGERIAN PENTECOSTALISM IS A JOKE! I will not mention names of pentecostal/charismatic pastors visiting from America, who on getting back to their congregation shook their heads. The sight of naija pastors riding jets and living in opulence in a country awash in poverty is not lost on sane minds. Of course, most of them are diplomatic and never say anything while they are in naija.

Btw, Jakumo is really riled up grin
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by SegzyJoe(m): 9:42am On Mar 27, 2009
@Jakumo
You really think that you re wiser than over 10million members of the Redeemed Christian Church of God. It's only a fool that speaks the way you have done, it is an abuse of free speech, I know if you believe God you won't insult His messenger like that, and if you don't I wonder why the life of Christian interest you so much. God or Christ is not synonymous with poverty, again, if a pastor has preaching engagements in 7 countries spread across 6 continents and he must come back home to preach at different meetings at home without failing in those appointment, you really think he doesn't need a jet? I quess you travel a lot to know what is involved in that kind of movement not only for him but also for his assistants.

For a church that has parishes in china, pakistan, Dubai, Afaghnistan, Iraq, Kuwait, Phillipines, India, Australia, Japan, Israel, and so many other Countries and Island not to talk of about 300 parishes in Europe and about 500 in North Amreica, excluding Africa. Do you think even Pope moves around as does the least General Overseer in Nigeria? Does Pope involve in preaching engagements as Adeboye? Does he stay awake 10 hours everyday to pray? Some of us that know Adeboye, that he eats less than 60 days in a whole year for as long as he has been the General Overseer of RCCG.

You re an example of the people the bible refered to as children of error, in whom there is no God, if you have the decency and the proper ubringing expected of a child from a good home, I doubt if you will ever call a man of God goat, it reflects the facts of your abnormal ubringing and a vacuum of parental tutelage.

It may suprised you to know that the money for that aircraft is not ffrom the offerings of members of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, rather from a few sons and daughter of the GO, I can tell you authoritatively that some of Adeboye's children funds the Holy Ghost Congress annually to the tune not less than 4billion naira every year and that the offering of RCCG is never part of the fund they use for the monthly Holy Ghost Night or the Congress. There is a strict management of the offerings and tithes of RCCG in which the GO has no say in it because Redeemed Church is not his church, he joined like others, the people he met there are still there till today, neither does that make the aircraft his own when he lives.

Whatever Adeboye get for the church, even from his personal money, influence or whatever does not belong to him, if he decides to leave RCCG today, he won't take any of those things away, that is the rule in RCCG.
Come to think of it,is Adeboye a poor man? or is he not gainfully employed before he joined the CHurch? Next time you want to abuse your right to free speech don't say what you don't know anything about, because you sound like a fool.
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by MrCrackles(m): 10:02am On Mar 27, 2009
SegzyJoe:

@Jakumo
You really think that you re wiser than over 10million members of the Redeemed Christian Church of God. It's only a fool that speaks the way you have done, it is an abuse of free speech, I know if you believe God you won't insult His messenger like that, and if you don't I wonder why the life of Christian interest you so much. God or Christ is not synonymous with poverty, again, if a pastor has preaching engagements in 7 countries spread across 6 continents and he must come back home to preach at different meetings at home without failing in those appointment, you really think he doesn't need a jet?

You are a brainwashed fool!

It is simple, the fucking jet is not necessary where there are other convenient means of transport readily available

How is 4Billion Naira justifiable on a lavish and a less pressing luxury especially in this tough times?

If the bloody jet breaks down, wont he fail on his appointments?

You have been masked and smeared in so much poppycocks, you dont make any sense!

I am not here to insult daddy GO but what i am saying is Daddy GO should apply his senses more effectively and in the most humane way!

SegzyJoe:

For a church that has parishes in china, pakistan, Dubai, Afaghnistan, Iraq, Kuwait, Phillipines, India, Australia, Japan, Israel, and so many other Countries

We dont bloody care if the church has a parish in the moon, the point is still, the bloody jet is not justifiable!
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by Jakumo(m): 10:24am On Mar 27, 2009
SegzyJoe:

Some of us that know Adeboye, that he eats less than 60 days in a whole year for as long as he has been the General Overseer of RCCG.

It may suprised you to know that the money for that aircraft is not ffrom the offerings of members of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, rather from a few sons and daughter of the GO, I can tell you authoritatively that some of Adeboye's children funds the Holy Ghost Congress annually to the tune not less than 4billion naira every year and that the offering of RCCG is never part of the fund they use for the monthly Holy Ghost Night or the Congress.

Hey Joe, Where you goin' with that gun in your hand ?
I'm goin down to shoot a blasphemous crazy
You know I caught him talkin' chit about the Holy Man                                                      [size=4pt]Sorry Jimi[/size]  

Now, getting down to business here, Joe, your allegation that Pastor Eunuch STARVES himself for 300 days a year is only rivalled for sheer outrageous chutzpah by the good pastor's own declaration to Time Magazine's global audience regarding his propulsion of an internal combustion-engined car for 200 miles with no fuel other than PRAYER.

As an ardent fan of the TV program called "  Myth Busters" , which is SOLELY dedicated to debunking pseudo-scientific claims with PRACTICAL laboratory demonstrations, I hereby challenge you and Pastor Eunuch to DEFEND his PUBLIC assertion to a WORLD AUDIENCE, that his prayer  ALONE can be capable of moving a fuel-starved car, powered by a standard, unmodified, internal combustion engine, for 20 FEET along level ground, talk less of the hilarious 200 miles of prayer-powered motoring claimed by Pastor Eunuch.

Obviously you are most fortunate to be an anointed close confidant of Pastor Eunuch, Mr. Sexy Joe, so I consider the chance to address you personally a very rare privilege which I dare not abuse, for fear of offending you personally.  With this in mind, may I now respectfully ask for further clarification from you regarding the specific line of business that enables Pastor Eunuch's obviously wealthy offspring to remit to Nigeria sufficient hard currency to cover the purchase of further brand-new 50 million dollar Gulfstream 5 luxury jet aircraft, at the rate of one ANNUALLY, should they be required ?    My figures here are based on the donations you attribute to Adeboye's charitable children in the above quote from your last post.
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by beneli(m): 10:35am On Mar 27, 2009
We should return to the Holy book.

Let the Holy book-and the conscience of the man in question-be the judge.

Is buying a private jet the deed of one who really knows the Christ? Perhaps it is. I can not answer for the man.

At the end of the day, who are we to judge him, if his conscience does not judge him?

If the man-note that i call him a man, for that is what he is-is convinced that were Yeshua or any of the founding fathers of the Christian faith on earth today, that they would have done as he has done, then let him be.

If on the other hand, after searching the scriptures-the only thing that should really guide him-he sees nothing to justify what he has done, then he and he alone will have to answer to God. Not the other leaders of the church, not the rest of the congregation, but he the 'holy' man, alone.

The book says, 'let God be found true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That you might be justified in your sayings, and might overcome when you are judged, '(Romans 3:4)

The only problem that i have though, is that from where i stand, all this doesn't look Christ-like to me.
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by PapaBrowne(m): 10:45am On Mar 27, 2009
Hehe, O boy, this thing is funny ooooh!
@McCrackles,
Don't you see the irony in this thing? Is it for you to complain or for members to complain? If members are happy with the purchase, then why are you bothered?
If you want to be a bonafide complainer, then go and join the Church! You cannot decide for the Church and it's members what is important for them.
SegzeJoe looks to be a member and he seems very happy with purchase, and now you are calling him a brainwashed fool!
I think it is you that needs to buy a spanner, go to a neurosurgeon and tell him to help you tighten the loosened nuts!

How is 4Billion Naira justifiable on a lavish and a less pressing luxury especially in this tough times?

Who told you the Church and its members are having tough times? You think it's everybody having tough times?

[quote] If the bloody jet breaks down, wont he fail on his appointments? [quote]
Who thinks like this?? If we all think like this before we make purchases, we wouldn't have any cars on the street!

[quote]You have been masked and smeared in so much poppycocks, you dont make any sense![quote]
Isn't it high time you realized that sense making is relative, hence, one man's sense making is another man's stupidity.
What is sense to you is senseless to SegzyJoe!

[quote]I am not here to insult daddy GO but what i am saying is Daddy GO should apply his senses more effectively and in the most humane way![quote]
I think if you apply your senses the same way Daddy GO does, you would have left greater footprints on society, as against your little or no contribution besides here on Nairaland!

[quote] We dont bloody care if the church has a parish in the moon, the point is still, the bloody jet is not justifiable![quote]
The same reason why it is not for you to bloody care, is the same reason why it is not for you to justify whether or not the private jet is justifiable!
You have no moral obligation nor justification to speak on a purchase by an entity you don't belong to, worse still when it seems to me all members are glad and happy about it!
[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by MrCrackles(m): 10:49am On Mar 27, 2009
beneli:

The only problem that i have though, is that from where i stand, all this doesn't look Christ-like to me.

Certainly doesnt! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yoruba Elders Split Over Jonathan, Buhari / 2019: We Were Shocked On Atiku’s Choice Of Peter Obi – Southeast Governors, PDP / Fani-Kayode: Seek Redress In Court, Witnesses And Evidence Readily Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.