Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,147 members, 7,849,573 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:14 AM

Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read (20086 Views)

Oil Minister Double Standards: Photos Of Son's Private Jet Lifestyle - / Buhari Asks For E.A. Adeboyes Blessings / Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by MrCrackles(m): 10:53am On Mar 27, 2009
PapaBrowne:

Hehe, O boy, this thing is funny ooooh!
@McCrackles,
Don't you see the irony in this thing? Is it for you to complain or for members to complain? If members are happy with the purchase, then why are you bothered?
If you want to be a bonafide complainer, then go and join the Church! You cannot decide for the Church and it's members what is important for them.
SegzeJoe looks to be a member and he seems very happy with purchase, and now you are calling him a brainwashed fool!
I think it is you that needs to buy a spanner, go to a neurosurgeon and tell him to help you tighten the loosened nuts!

I am not complaining here you idiot!

Alll i am doing is making a contribution to the debate and giving my personal opinion on the matter

I am not deciding here you muppet, but only condemning which i am rightly entitled to!

If i feel someone has been brainwashed in and out, then i have the right to say it or dont i?

I dont need to buy a spanner because there are no loosened nuts around here, if you need it, i will show u where you can buy 3 for the price of 1!

Now do you still have problems with me expressing my freedom of speech?

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]IF YOU DO
, get back at me and i will school you on what you been missing, bitter sucker![/font] tongue
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by Em2va: 1:24pm On Mar 27, 2009
Please each and everyone of you against Pastor Adeboye's having a private Jet, should all keep quiet. Where were you all, when He was sowing the
seed of greatness, when he didnt have a single shoe, and didnt have any car? Where were you all when he had to use his legs and go for visitation to members homes, where have all of you been when He has been fasting for the entire country, continent and the world at large, where have you been since He has been on His knees fasting praying.
Where were you when his son died? Where were you when snakes were practically living and sleeping on His bed?
All of you should just shut up!

You have no Idea of what this man has been thru, yet you open Ur stinking mouths to talk rubbish, and Your dirty hands to type nonsense.
Left for that Prof whatever he calls himself, he should go and get a life. I'm sure If he is given a Jet he will go and sell it and give to the poor and Needy, [HISS]

I dont blame you all, it is jealousy and hypocrisy that is wrong with all of you!

Please mind what you say and write, You dont know where this man is coming from or where He has been!
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by MrCrackles(m): 2:12pm On Mar 27, 2009
Em2va:

Where were you when his son died? Where were you when snakes were practically living and sleeping on His bed?
[HISS]

So because his son died, he needs a jet to pacify himself? grin cheesy
Because snakes took his bedspace, he needs a flamboyant carrier to hob nob around continents?
Yet another deranged and brainwashed loon!
Una nor go kill me for this NL!!

I rest my case on this note
! grin cheesy
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by KnowAll(m): 2:25pm On Mar 27, 2009
Private jets where not designed to carry cattle all over the place so I dont see any reason why any human being that has excelled in whatever line of work they have chosen should not buy a private jet if that is their so desire. At least the bible says and I quote "what ever you ask me you will be giving ", Whoever knocks the dooor the door will be opend, Would a father and I am sure a lot of you guys are fathers give his son a snake if he ask for cookies or sweets no father would do that. Ordinary plane you will people are shouting about, the plane was giving to him by the one who created heaven and earth in 6 days and rested on the 7th day. If it is that easy all you critics go and carry bible and start preaching and let us see you fly your own plane.
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by IFELEKE(m): 2:42pm On Mar 27, 2009
Democracy permits everyone to open their mouths and Spill Rubbish. . .
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by Eziachi: 4:25pm On Mar 27, 2009
This is seriously out of character! something must have possessed him, the sango maybe!!!
I thought it's only Igbos that likes money and luxurious stuff?
I think his mother must be Igbo or his father, an Igbo hunter that emigrated to Oduduwa kingdom in years before christ.
Over to you my Oduduwa friends, what is going?
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by SegzyJoe(m): 4:36pm On Mar 27, 2009
@Jakumo

Apart from other sides attractions, you raised two major issues which I want to respond to here. First, with regards to Pastor Adeboye's declaration to the world audience on his prayer moving a car. My answer for you is in 1 corrinthian 2:14 the natural man can not understand the thing of the spirit because they re foolishness unto him, neither could he know them for they re spiritually discerned

Second, on the kind  of business that Pastor Adeboye's children are doing, well, I don't think you want me to go into that for obvious reasons. However what is a fact is that several millions of people have benefited from his ministry, people that have been elevated from ground zero to place of prominence all over the world, can you stop such people from freely given to somebody that has been a blessing to them? If people come from all over the world to attend Holy Ghost Service, and the Congress that millions of people attends every year, conservative estimate put attendance at Congress at 4.5 million. The truth is if the people are not being blessed they won't be coming in their millions. For instance, am a living example of God's blessing, and I tell you, I can give any amount as God give me the grace, because all the money in this life is not worth a single soul. The issue is if you re not recieving blessing of God, can you continue to give? No way, no matter the level of brainwashing.

In every nation God is opening doors of favour for RCCG, in Texas alone redeemed has 512 acres of land at a ridiculous give away price, even the owner testified that God told him to buy the land that when the people that will use it are ready, he will inform him. Can you imagine that? You can sit at your laptop and type anything you want, but the people that have seen and witnessed the manifestation of God's power cannot deny it. Except you want to deny that it is not God that is using Pastor Adeboye. It is very ridiculous, some say he's brainwashing people, if brainwashing is that simple, to gather millions of people at one single event and have over 10,000 parishes in several countries, then we should give him credit for that ingenuity over the years. A prophet is without honour but in his own house.
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by Eziachi: 4:59pm On Mar 27, 2009
SegzyJoe:

@Jakumo

Apart from other sides attractions, you raised two major issues which I want to respond to here. First, with regards to Pastor Adeboye's declaration to the world audience on his prayer moving a car. My answer for you is in 1 corrinthian 2:14 the natural man can not understand the thing of the spirit because they re foolishness unto him, neither could he know them for they re spiritually discerned

Second, on the kind of business that Pastor Adeboye's children are doing, well, I don't think you want me to go into that for obvious reasons. However what is a fact is that several millions of people have benefited from his ministry, people that have been elevated from ground zero to place of prominence all over the world, can you stop such people from freely given to somebody that has been a blessing to them? If people come from all over the world to attend Holy Ghost Service, and the Congress that millions of people attends every year, conservative estimate put attendance at Congress at 4.5 million. The truth is if the people are not being blessed they won't be coming in their millions. For instance, am a living example of God's blessing, and I tell you, I can give any amount as God give me the grace, because all the money in this life is not worth a single soul. The issue is if you re not recieving blessing of God, can you continue to give? No way, no matter the level of brainwashing.

In every nation God is opening doors of favour for RCCG, in Texas alone redeemed has 512 acres of land at a ridiculous give away price, even the owner testified that God told him to buy the land that when the people that will use it are ready, he will inform him. Can you imagine that? You can sit at your laptop and type anything you want, but the people that have seen and witnessed the manifestation of God's power cannot deny it. Except you want to deny that it is not God that is using Pastor Adeboye. It is very ridiculous, some say he's brainwashing people, if brainwashing is that simple, to gather millions of people at one single event and have over 10,000 parishes in several countries, then we should give him credit for that ingenuity over the years. A prophet is without honour but in his own house.

Greatest punishment for those that misquote the scriptures to support their unchristlike believes. What has spirit got to do with money and accumulation of wealth? Why do people like you always equates material success as an act of God or a sign of God's approval of a person, when satan is the god of this system and can reward his follower masquerading as God's servant?

Not being preachy, but I remembered the scripture in ACT 19:19, where the likes of your rich pastor will say to Jesus : I used your name to cure the sick, feed the poor, perform powerful work, even make lots of money and Jesus will say to them, go away from me, I don't know you, you workers of lawlessness.

How do you know God is using this guy? Do you had a chat with God and he told you? At least through their fruits we shall know them and this is not exactly the spiritual fruit, when the whole thing is centred on how get rich. Many false prophets will arrive in the name of God and not all that shout God! God! has anything to do with God. God is not materialistic and never will be.

When people like your pastor fail in other aspects of life, their easy way to riches is to open a church and claims their false God's calling, reaping up gullible people like you of their little earnings all in the name of God.
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by Eziachi: 5:29pm On Mar 27, 2009
Em2va:

Please each and everyone of you against Pastor Adeboye's having a private Jet, should all keep quiet. Where were you all, when He was sowing the
seed of greatness, when he didnt have a single shoe, and didnt have any car? Where were you all when he had to use his legs and go for visitation to members homes, where have all of you been when He has been fasting for the entire country, continent and the world at large, where have you been since He has been on His knees fasting praying.

You have no Idea of what this man has been thru, yet you open Ur stinking mouths to talk rubbish, and Your dirty hands to type nonsense.
Left for that Prof whatever he calls himself, he should go and get a life. I'm sure If he is given a Jet he will go and sell it and give to the poor and Needy, [HISS]

I dont blame you all, it is jealousy and hypocrisy that is wrong with all of you!

Please mind what you say and write, You dont know where this man is coming from or where He has been!

So this is your fibble understanding christianity? So being a godly person as become sowing the seed of the person's greatness, you might as well call it his investment. That sounds better. Just tell tell how many horse or chariots Jesus apostle acquired the course sowing the seeds of their greatness? Jesus himself even said that he didn't come to the world to seek his own greatness or do his own will but the will of the his father in heaven that sent him, so where does that lieaves your rubbish about seeking greatness by a supposed to be shepered?

A shepered job is to feed the sheep (congregation) spritually but it seems that the sheep are feeding him materially.

Apostle Paul, eventhough a qualified lawyer by proffession had to make ends meet making fishing tents to support himself because he said he doesn't want to be a burden to his brothers (the congregation) and he travelled all over Asia Minor preaching under presurized conditions and suffering, sometimes without food for days and here was a man responsible for writing half of the whole scripture (new testament). If he was your pastor today, he will probably claim the copyrights.

This has nothing to do with your idea of hypocrisy or jealousy but people sick of those misplacing christ priorities and what he stands for. These are the anti christ, people who are working against Jesus principles but pretending to be for him. They had through their activities blinded the mind of millions of people making it impossible for them to realise how folly their honest quest to serve God has comes to.
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by PapaBrowne(m): 5:47pm On Mar 27, 2009
Una go soon tire! And when una tire, the Private jet go still dey fly, while una go still dey jump Metro or maybe na Okada sef!
Like the man has an obligation towards you guys!

@McCrackles
I can see you still need that spanner! And you might also want to buy one for your friend Jakumo!
I know you've got freedom of speech, in the same way I know that RCCG and their members have the right to purchase a private jet even if you and Jakumo haven't eaten for days!
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by oderemo(m): 6:17pm On Mar 27, 2009
@ papabrowne ,

you will never stop amazing me last time i recollect you spitting at me now your radar is with other ppl, well they are not from ode now. or maybe they are cos the int. is faceless.

the point of the matter is this guys politician , pastor .babalawo etc present themselves as offering services of one sort or the other so we are bound to query there authority all the time. tell me what become of your GO if we take his bible away?
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by Jakumo(m): 6:28pm On Mar 27, 2009
PapaBrowne:

I know that RCCG and their members have the right to purchase a private jet even if you and Jakumo haven't eaten for days!

Wait up. Are you trying to threaten the regularity or amount of my welfare check ?

Say, maybe I ought to offer an apology to Pastor Eunuch before this matter gets out of hand.
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by Em2va: 7:24pm On Mar 27, 2009
Eziachi:

Greatest punishment for those that misquote the scriptures to support their unchristlike believes. What has spirit got to do with money and accumulation of wealth? Why do people like you always equates material success as an act of God or a sign of God's approval of a person, when satan is the god of this system and can reward his follower masquerading as God's servant?

Not being preachy, but I remembered the scripture in ACT 19:19, where the likes of your rich pastor will say to Jesus : I used your name to cure the sick, feed the poor, perform powerful work, even make lots of money and Jesus will say to them, go away from me, I don't know you, you workers of lawlessness.

How do you know God is using this guy? Do you had a chat with God and he told you? At least through their fruits we shall know them and this is not exactly the spiritual fruit, when the whole thing is centred on how get rich. Many false prophets will arrive in the name of God and not all that shout God! God! has anything to do with God. God is not materialistic and never will be.

When people like your pastor fail in other aspects of life, their easy way to riches is to open a church and claims their false God's calling, reaping up gullible people like you of their little earnings all in the name of God.

I can see you are so Atheistical in your belief and lifestyle. You know you'd make a good scientist. Bro, You have to have a rethink. You know your bible so well and even correctly quote it, but the understanding of it thereof You are soooooo DUMB, what a shame! Probably You go to church too, but I bet you have neva given offering, okay maybe you have but I am sure its the torn naira notes/change that you drop in offering box, because it is to your pastor. My friend go and read your bible well. Bush man!

Like PapaBrowne said the plane would fly so high, I even wish it will fly particularly over your roof every time it takes off!
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by bawomolo(m): 11:44pm On Mar 27, 2009
Jakumo:

Wait up. Are you trying to threaten the regularity or amount of my welfare check ?

Say, maybe I ought to offer an apology to Pastor Eunuch before this matter gets out of hand.

grin grin grin grin

this thread is a classic
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by PapaBrowne(m): 12:38am On Mar 28, 2009
ode remo:

@ papabrowne ,

you will never stop amazing me last time i recollect you spitting at me now your radar is with other ppl, well they are not from ode now. or maybe they are cos the int. is faceless.

the point of the matter is this guys politician , pastor .babalawo etc present themselves as offering services of one sort or the other so we are bound to query there authority all the time. tell me what become of your GO if we take his bible away?
Ode Remo, u still upset about that? ? ? ? I was joking man! My apologies 4real!
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by Afam4eva(m): 2:43am On Mar 28, 2009
I have read everyone's comment and i must say that i'm ashamed to be a nigeria considering the fact that some people on this forum are trying to justify Adeboye's purchase of a Jet worth 4.5 billion, 4.5 whopping billion naira. This is not a politician we're talking about here but a pastor.
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by MT: 1:33pm On Mar 28, 2009
I have taken my time to read all the posts about this thread, but I felt there's a need to air my own view on this. I attend the Redeem Xtian church of God, simply because I feel comfortable worshipping there. However, I dont think buying of Private Jet by Pastor Adeboye is justifiable. In a country where hunger and poverty are so rampant, I do not think anyone could justify using such a whooping sum on a luxurious private jet. Even if he is given as a gift, I expect him to either sell and spread d proceeds among charity organisations. Another thing is , we need to look at the calibre of people that can afford to give out private Jet to our dear pastor. Where does he get his own money?.

Church is meant to be a charitable organisation and it is amazing how robbers have chosen to start attacking churches because they know it has been turned to a business ventures. Many people do not read the bible again, they have chosen to replace it with the published books from our various pastors. After service in many churches, you need to see how people will be merchandising right inside the church, and I remember the last time this happened when Jesus was alive, he chased those people away from the temple.

One thing we have forgotten is that eating ordinary meat could count as a sin if you are selfishly doing such in the midst of people that have not eaten for like 3 days.

The way I am looking at it, owning a university is no more in vogue from the perspcetive of our churches, now it is gradually turning to private jets race. I can assure you that a lot of our church pastors in various denomination will be gunning to own private jets by all means. A new symbol of authority!.

Even, let us consider the economic implication. Let us look at how much will be paid for every second that private jet spend on the tarmac, the cost of servicing and the service parts etc. This is not what we need at this time. Flamboyance is a thing of the world and need to be seriously resisted by our men of God.

I will still continue to attend Redeem Xtian Church Of God, but I do not agree with Pastor Adeboye buying of a private Jet.
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by Jakumo(m): 4:10pm On Mar 28, 2009
MT:

I have taken my time to read all the posts about this thread, but I felt there's a need to air my own view on this. I attend the Redeem Xtian church of God, simply because I feel comfortable worshipping there. However, I dont think buying of Private Jet by Pastor Adeboye is justifiable. In a country where hunger and poverty are so rampant, I do not think anyone could justify using such a whooping sum on a luxurious private jet. Even if he is given as a gift, I expect him to either sell and spread d proceeds among charity organisations. Another thing is , we need to look at the calibre of people that can afford to give out private Jet to our dear pastor. Where does he get his own money?.

Church is meant to be a charitable organisation and it is amazing how robbers have chosen to start attacking churches because they know it has been turned to a business ventures.I will still continue to attend Redeem Xtian Church Of God, but I do not agree with Pastor Adeboye buying of a private Jet.

Thank you for this eloquent contribution MT, for it belies the assertion that some people, including myself, have made here, suggesting that free thinking is suppressed in churches such as the Redeemed Church. While your faith in God remains unshaken, the human weakness for status symbols so evident in Adeboye's purchase of a 50 million dollar luxury aircraft clearly unsettles you, because it goes against the grain of your own philosophy of religious faith. I doff my hat to you with renewed optimism that astute minds will always discern the truth, and can never be dulled by dogma and self-righteous pronouncements.

SegzyJoe:

@Jakumo

Second, on the kind of business that Pastor Adeboye's children are doing, well, I don't think you want me to go into that for obvious reasons.

Joe, perhaps we can cordially agree to disagree over whether your bible quotation amounts to scientifically verifyable proof that Pastor Adeboye is capable of deploying prayer alone to fuel a car for 200 miles. Convinced though you may be by that "feat", I shall continue to regard that magic car claim as one of the most ridiculous and patently implausible bullchit stories ever to be made to a global audience by an ostensibly sane person. Until such time as the phenomenon of a prayer-powered car is empirically and rigorously PROVEN to the complete satisfaction of the world's scientific community, you can quote the bible till you are blue in the face, but will only ever sway the converted with that purely paranormal and mystical approach to disputation.

I respect and fully understand your refusal to divulge the source of income that enables Adeboye's offspring to transfer in excess of 50 million US dollars into Nigeria annually, but I also remind you that the veil of secrecy around that source of income would not be necessary, if all that cash was being LEGITIMATELY and LEGALLY earned. We all know what Bill Gates does, and where he got his hard-earned wealth. We also know where Nigeria's criminal embezzlement cartel earned their own stolen money, much of which is regularly donated to Pastor Adeboye, with no questions asked other than when the next check will arrive.
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by Mowire: 5:01pm On Mar 28, 2009
I wonder why the likes of Jakumo make unsubstantiated claim that Pastor Adeboye takes money or gift from the corrupt politicians of this country. Does the fact that Pastor Adeboye was seen in the company of Ibori at an event (or that the latter even ever go to RCCG camp) mean that Adeboye hob nob with him or take gifts from him? People like Jakumo & co cannot find it possible that Pastor Adeboye has always told the church at different fora how he had refused or dealt with gifts from people with questionable source of income.

Be that as it may. In as much as anyone mortal may want to shrivel at the judgement of the RCCg to acquire a private jet, I do believe that the name callings I have seen on this forum on this subject is very much uncalled for. ( This is not for Jakumo and the likes who seem to be beyond reason livid, whatever their reason).
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by Jakumo(m): 5:39pm On Mar 28, 2009
Mowire your question is a legitimate one. Why should anyone care where Pastor Adeboye gets his money ?

I'll tell you why we care, as illustrated by only the most recent example. It is a matter of public record that ex-president Obasanjo and his cronies recently[b] stole [/b] 16 billion US dollars that SHOULD have been used to provide Nigeria with grid electricity. If that theft had[b] not [/b] occurred and the money was utilized for its intended purpose of reviving Nigeria's dead industrial sector with much needed electrical power, nobody would have cared in the slightest what Obasanjo did with his personal funds.

Tragically, the theft of 16 billion dollars DID occur, and with no consequence to the perpetrator whatsoever, thereby condemning Nigeria to yet more years of empty promises and abject, debilitating poverty, so it is entirely understandable and logical that the 200 million victims of that epic crime would be ABSOLUTELY ENRAGED to hear of Obasanjo donating even a dime of his stolen money to a jet-setting, filthy rich pastor, or anyone else for that matter, while defiantly thumbing his nose at the very notion of justice and loot recovery.

I hope this answers your question.
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by dejiariyo: 6:29pm On Mar 28, 2009
its not about him buying a jet, its why and the reason for him to buy a jet at this time wen nigeria economy is collapsing.
have yu guys been to lagos ibadan expressway?u will see how pple including me suffer to get pass cos of this so called man of God and i think if he spend more money into how the expressway might be free,its will be totally appreciated.
to park a jet at the airport cost 200,000 naira every week,this money must be paid either the morons who go to his church like it or not.
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by Eziachi: 6:42pm On Mar 28, 2009
Em2va:

I can see you are so Atheistical in your belief and lifestyle. You know you'd make a good scientist. Bro, You have to have a rethink. You know your bible so well and even correctly quote it, but the understanding of it thereof You are soooooo DUMB, what a shame! Probably You go to church too, but I bet you have neva given offering, okay maybe you have but I am sure its the torn naira notes/change that you drop in offering box, because it is to your pastor. My friend go and read your bible well. Bush man!

Like PapaBrowne said the plane would fly so high, I even wish it will fly particularly over your roof every time it takes off!

Make up your mind on what you think I am. One minute I am an atheist and next you ascribe as a probable church goer, that I quotes the bible correctly but lack understanding. You said also that you are very sure that I was one of those that make offering with torned currency notes. Well, if you are a true christian as you claimed you are, you should remember Jesus story about a widow's might.  The widow's offering wasn't the greatest among everyone streaming into that temple but was also the greatest because it comes from the heart and best she can afford. I am sure then that you and your billionaire pastor are those that tells their dumb congregation that they detest noisy currencies (coins) and when they dip their hand in their pocket, whatever comes out you not be put back.

I am sorry, but I had read my bible wel,l but your christianity sucks and only centered on material riches, probably you never realise that the same bible said that love of money and not money itself is the root of all injurious (evil) things (1ST TIMOTHY 6:9-10).
And that same bible that you claimed to know too much warned that showy display of one's means of life and materialism does not originate with God but with satan (1ST JOHN 2:13)

It doesn't mean that being rich is relatively a bad thing but what is bad is people like you and your deluted and anti Christ pastor equating every economic prospect as a sign of God's blessing or approval to justify their greed and unchristian approach to life.
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by Jakumo(m): 6:43pm On Mar 28, 2009
dejiariyo:

its not about him buying a jet, its why and the reason for him to buy a jet at this time wen nigeria economy is collapsing.
have yu guys been to lagos ibadan expressway?u will see how pple including me suffer to get pass cos of this so called man of God and i think if he spend more money into how the expressway might be free,its will be totally appreciated.
to park a jet at the airport cost 200,000 naira every week,this money must be paid either the morons who go to his church like it or not.

Deji, you are a gentleman and a scholar.
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by MrCrackles(m): 6:56pm On Mar 28, 2009
dejiariyo:

GBAM! grin cheesy
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by biina: 8:24pm On Mar 28, 2009
It is shameful that supporters of purchasing the jet have very little to say in their favor except for ad hominem attacks (though warranted in certain cases).

Any RCCG member is free to criticize the purchase of the jet, so also any christian as the organization involved is of such, and not least is anyone who feels the purchase of the jet will impact him in any way or form or just simply has an opinion. To bar some from a discuss on the lack of 'locus standi' is an antic I associate with my learned friends of the legal profession.

Sweeping statements are made that all members of RCCG support the purchase of the jet. On this I disagree as I know of several who don't.

On the need for a private jet, several excuses can be provided, but there are few genuine reasons why someone needs a private jet.

It is prohibitively more expensive to fly a private jet than it is to fly first class on commercial airlines, and unless you spend the better part of your day in the air, it is still cheaper to fly a charter aircraft. The private jet attracts a fixed cost of $800,000 to $1,000,000 per  year. In addition is the variable costs which exceed the average cost of flying a similar number of people in first class commercial flights.

It is very saddening that in a bid to defend a pastor's purchase of a jet, all some have to offer is comparison to politicians and others, people that most would wager will not be going into heaven. A pastor should not be held to the same standards as ones such as IBB, Obasanjo or Obama.

The argument of schedule is also irrelevant, as his schedules are made within the bounds of the resources available. After all, he cant be in two places at the same time. While some may feel that they want him to be at several events over the course of a year, the question of if he 'needs' to be there is a different matter.

While I am more or less indifferent on the specific issue of RCCG's purchase, I generally feel that religious leaders, particularly  pastors, and churches, should be a reference for humility. A man of God should not have the need to be treated differently than the average man. I am always saddened when I see religious leaders in expensive cars with body guards (wondered why they don't want to die). A private jet of today can be likened to a chariot of the biblical time. Hence the question, "Which of the prophets and/or apostles had a chariot?". If you live like the rich, soon you will loose touch with the poor. Also, how do you the constructively criticize those who contribute towards your opulence (and possibly live similar lifestyle through ill gotten wealth).

One thing I am worried about is the fallout from the purchase. It will not be surprising if  leaders from other churches begin working earnestly towards similar purchases, and knowing how religious Nigerians are, members of such churches will do whatever the can to contribute towards the purchase (just not to be left out of the blessing that will be gotten by doing so). This in of itself is not bad, rather the problem is what Nigerians are willing to do in the name of God. Some will acquire the money through illegal means just to partake in the process. I still remember the saga of a few years back involving Sheraton hotels and the Christ embassy church, in which a Sheraton worker stole several millions  from the company coffers to donate to the church mainly towards the holding of an event at the national stadium.
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by adannem: 8:40pm On Mar 28, 2009
Does the pastor really need a jet?

My problem with most of these penticostal churches is that they always talk about giving. They do not empower the poor amongs them instead the make them give the little they have. They dont teach the congregation how to save, how to pay yourself first when you get a salary or make profit from business.
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by Becomrrich: 10:12pm On Mar 28, 2009
There is nothing wrong in you given your pastor anything you feel like. If femi Otedola or cicila ibru or mike adenuga decided to give me a car. i would take it. even if they buy me a private jet. I would take it ke. why not. it is a gift. i do not have to ask why, it is written in the bible why i should not ask.

The issue is how they was acquired the jet. If femi otedola or cicila ibru or mike adenuga give me a private jet. You know thier enermy is in trouble. I would use prayer to pull thier enermy away. I would so much pray for them. that even heaven would have to send a private angel. And thier enermy would become thier friend.

Joke apart, what i am saying is there is nothing in give out of a open heart but telling to give you is a different thing and dont use thier tithe and offering for private jet. The money was given to God.

If you look at the book of malachi the bible says those who rob him where the pastors. Malachi 2:1

Greed is a sin, and the church is teaching greed and heresy, the love of pastors have wax cool. What most nigeria churches preach nowaday is heresy.

When you start telling people God spoke to you that they should give you their money, that is not in the bible. The internet is open anyone can post free and show us where this heresy is in the bible. It is the tradition of men.

Even when you look at the bible the church was more a giver than a collector. The church as now become more of a collection agency. It is a shame that people who are not suppose to insult the name of God are now doing it.

The bible says do not let your good intention be evil spoken off. Greed have become the other of the day.
Even if you look at the bible Jesus was so humble that God saw the mansion but had jesus were ?

Jesus did not have a house, he did not own a donkey , the bible tell us that Jesus followers use to collect money and Judas was the one in charge. And even with the money Jesus collected. He did not buy the best donkey for himself. and if you look at others after him none of them did this.

If Jesus do not it, why would men who claim they are men of God. Is there God different from that Jesus believe. I hope they know that Jesus was God. And if God did not buy himself the best donkey and why would anyone who claim he is from God do the same.

I have to be honest with you. I stop listen to this heresy preached by nigeria pastors, because i know it is greed. your house is bigger than my house.

This is what the people of the world do, now the church is not different. My father would says only God knows those who worship him. Only God knows who is a man of God or man of satan. anyone can claim to be a man of God.

How can a pastor now go and meet a politician and preach the word of God to them in nigeria. when pastors are not better than the politician. We need to come back to God and the real word of God. it is time to stop the heresy. I hope those involve have learn thier lesson. if they have not and they harden thier heart, they would go to hell. God is not a represented of anyone , not even of Pastor adeboye or me.

i am a sinner too, my God forgive me my sin. what shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and loss his soul.
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by samorijack(m): 10:47pm On Mar 28, 2009
I believe that an essential aspect of the christian faith has been lost, owing to the elevation of material gratification above all else. Pastors like Adeboye, Creflo Dollar, Kennith Haggin, Kennith Copeland, Bishop Oyedepo, Chris Ohyakilome(hope I got that right) propnents of the prosperity gospel lean towards the aquisition of material wealth to the detrement of more honorable spiritual ideals. Effectively they teach people that you can have the best of God and the best of the world, this is false and the biggest love-vendor of all time. The result is pure religious capitalism where social services which the church as a charitable organisation should be heavily involved in, is dispensed to only those who can afford it ( check out our christian universities in Nigeria) These mega pimps advance captialist rationale to justify this immorality, my father was educated by Methodist missionaries, were he born in our time it's easy to see he would get no help from the church seeing his father was only a carpener and a poor one at that.

All you have to so is observe the themes of christian cursades in Nigeria, it's a clear indication of what one can expect at these gatherings. The recent revelation that the RCCG profited from import waivers form the Obasanjo government explains why Adeboye could not speak out against the many evils of Obasanjo( It's bad manners to talk while eating smiley) He (Adeboye) should know that accepting these gratifications , would seroiously compromise his ability to be objective and so to maintain the moral high ground a simple "no thank you " would have done his credibilty a world of good, but Adeboye accepted it because in reality there's not much between Adeboye and Obasanjo, they're both Generals in their own rights and have charge over their troops.Truth be told Adeboye is just a religious politician (not sure if this is contextually permissible but you get my drift wink nothing more nothing less, that's how you buy a 4 billion Naira private Jet in these very challenging times. smiley
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by Becomrrich: 11:38pm On Mar 28, 2009
on import waivers that is not new. there is nothing bad about that. A church can apply for it, if it is granted. It is not the church fault.

Any business can apply for import waivers. and many did, so it is not new.

The problem is heresy churches are preaching i an concern about. The church should be above board. Why would i want to go to a church when i know they would use the money to buy a private jet for themself. I would look at pastor adeboye in the face and tell him this. If they like they shoot me. The truth would never says they should not speak about him.

it bring the word of God down. There is no moral justification. I use to be a welfare officer in the redeemed before and i visited alot of members and i saw alot of redeemed member live in poverty. I would say more than 50% of redeemed christain church of God members in nigeria live below the poverty level. And it is morally and Godly wrong, there is no excuse or godly imterpretation or in quote God spoke to anyone. God is not a God of confusion. And it is not right.

Like I said I am a sinner. may God forgive me for my sin.
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by samorijack(m): 11:51pm On Mar 28, 2009
Some things may not appear legally unacceptable , but are in deed morally wrong. An example is the bonuses recieved by employees of AIG. This is a company which is afloat because it recieved tax payers money. Now for that company to reward it's non performing executives with bonuses, is immoral.

The issue in question here is the perspective and out look of the RCCG. Tese are a few questions the RCCG SHOULD ASK ITSELF

Will accepting these waivers compromise our objectivity and more importantly our ability to do God's work?

What type of Government are we dealing with here?

Is this Government corrupt?

Which is more important to us, material gratification or speaking the truth?

There was a reason Elisha refused to collect Naaman's gifts. The morale of the tale is there's always a price to pay amd if the church is standing on God's side it wil most likely be at loggahead with the immoral and morally bankrauped P.D.P led government in Nigeria. Shame on our penticostal pastors , they are indeed a big disgrace.
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by Becomrrich: 12:00am On Mar 29, 2009
The waiver if i remember very well was said not for the church but for the university owned by the church. for building material. Which looks ok to me. I do not see anything wrong if they ask for waivers. If yar adua gives me waivers too to start a business in nigeria, i would take it.

I even think Yar adua should give waiver to new companies who are willing to do business in nigeria. Over here I know there is some form of waivers for company. I think fashola and other state governors should have tax waivers for the first year in thier state.
Re: Pastor Adeboyes's Private Jet A Must Read by samorijack(m): 12:17am On Mar 29, 2009
My dear brother @becomerich

The issue is not the legalilty of the waivers or even the principle of it. The issue is the bigger picture. The schools RCCG owns is just an extention of it's empire and is of equaly financial import to the saundery churches the RCCG operates.

The political ideology of the movement is what I call to question, wining and dinning with the oppressors of the people is just a manifestation of this disorder.

In the march for a better Nigeria for you , me and our children, where is Adeboye and the RCCG? I see atheists and muslims putting their bodies on the line for convictions which we all hold to be true, where is Oyedepo? Why has'nt the prosperity they preach reached us all?

All they need do is be a voice for truth and stop playing games witht he truth. That my brother is the issue and that's why Nigerian politicians will never take them serious they know they only appeal to the poor and helpless amongst us and their toxic doctrine has failed to bring any (as far as I can see) of our erring leaders to true repentance.

It's not likely Obasanjo would've given waivers of any sort to Tunde Bakare or then again who knows undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet Our First Lady's Airline (air Peace) Pictures / Only PDP Can Solve Nigeria’s Economic Problems- Gov. Emmanuel / Okorocha Has Gone Again To Complain To Buhari Over Imo APC Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.