Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,826 members, 7,844,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Bababtunde Fashola At The Book Launch Of His Biography (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bababtunde Fashola At The Book Launch Of His Biography (Photos) (25899 Views)

Buhari And Fashola At China Aerospace Science Technology Corporation Centre / Photo: Fashola At Work In His Office In Abuja / Fashola At The Kalakuta Museum Where Fela Kuti Was Buried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bababtunde Fashola At The Book Launch Of His Biography (Photos) by VickJames(m): 7:45am On Aug 19, 2015
Though, I'm not an APC fan, but this man looks like the kind of politician we need in this country. I'm not saying he is innocent but he looks smart and his ideas are good. Looking at other politicians with big stomachs, I just give up.

3 Likes

Re: Bababtunde Fashola At The Book Launch Of His Biography (Photos) by Nobody: 7:53am On Aug 19, 2015
Re: Bababtunde Fashola At The Book Launch Of His Biography (Photos) by amInigerian: 8:19am On Aug 19, 2015
I design websites. I also program websites.
Will be uploading the website of a state owned radio house on Nigeria not long from now.

Number:07014288531
WhatsApp available
BB PIN: 560512EE
Re: Bababtunde Fashola At The Book Launch Of His Biography (Photos) by sweatlana: 8:20am On Aug 19, 2015
natas22:
I pray that the feud between fashola and my jagaban will be resolved asap. Together we are strong divided we fall.

Your jagaban is a thief that does not like good progress

4 Likes

Re: Bababtunde Fashola At The Book Launch Of His Biography (Photos) by goryorhal(m): 8:21am On Aug 19, 2015
Splashme:
No known familiar face among the dignitaries
Eeyaa, Fashola pele

U get eyes ? You no see fola Adeola ?

1 Like

Re: Bababtunde Fashola At The Book Launch Of His Biography (Photos) by sweatlana: 8:21am On Aug 19, 2015
VickJames:
Though, I'm not an APC fan, but this man looks like the kind of politician we need in this country. I'm not saying he is innocent but he looks smart and his ideas are good. Looking at other politicians with big stomachs, I just give up.

But people like thief.nubu Want to destroy him
Re: Bababtunde Fashola At The Book Launch Of His Biography (Photos) by talktimi(m): 8:27am On Aug 19, 2015
NoRetreat:

I am not a politician and I have no reason to issue threat to anyone but Fashola Came, saw and conquered.
and Tinubu will cut him to size. The 78 million naira website is just a tip of the iceberg, watch out for his 6 billion naira for 2 pedestrian bridges scandal coming soon

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bababtunde Fashola At The Book Launch Of His Biography (Photos) by Nani2512(m): 8:29am On Aug 19, 2015
I like him to despite that all Nigeria politcian are bad.

2 Likes

Re: Bababtunde Fashola At The Book Launch Of His Biography (Photos) by Sanchez01: 8:32am On Aug 19, 2015
NoRetreat:
Fashola brought elitism and professionalism to bear on the Nigerian politics,if anybody is out there to destroy him, the ripples of his achievement will confound and confuse the person.
Fashola is the reason APC was able to gain several other states. I could remember the APC asking electorates during their many states campaign if they (electorates) would love their states to be just as Lagos.

Fashola may be "small" in power compared to Tinubu, he is still loved by all... If the APC and Tinubu does not tread careful, BRF would be their undoing just as Amaechi was Jonathan's undoing.

2 Likes

Re: Bababtunde Fashola At The Book Launch Of His Biography (Photos) by Sanchez01: 8:35am On Aug 19, 2015
sweatlana:

Your jagaban is a thief that does not like good progress

Bless you! Tinubu is a thief and a corrupt puppeteer. I pray Fashola gains relevance in the political sphere without Tinubu. The man is a greasy stain on any upright person close to him.
Re: Bababtunde Fashola At The Book Launch Of His Biography (Photos) by bros856: 8:36am On Aug 19, 2015
TAKE IT OR LEAVES NO ONE TO COMPARE WITH BABATUNDE FASHOLA IN TERMS OF GOVERNMENT ADMINISTRATIONS APART FROM MR PRESIDENT BUHARI. NIGERIANS DON'T LIKE GOOD THINGS THAT IS WHY THEY ARE TRYING TO MESS UP HIS NAME. HE IS A WELL ORGANISED PERSON.
Re: Bababtunde Fashola At The Book Launch Of His Biography (Photos) by Smooyis(m): 8:39am On Aug 19, 2015
Is there any Nigerian politician that is without blemish. We are only being myopic and sentimental in this country. We live in a country that destroy their illustrious sons. A nation that does not appreciate its great talents.

Whichever way you may look at it, Fashola is a great asset to this country who has done fairly well and does not deserve this kind of ill treatment.

My advice to him is that he should hold on to God to fight his battle.

I know he shall prevail at the end.

1 Like

Re: Bababtunde Fashola At The Book Launch Of His Biography (Photos) by Godfremeka: 8:40am On Aug 19, 2015
He want Ibo to support the man that deport them in their own country or the man that destroy their shops with no reasons or work at the site. So Fashola lock up my dads shop till date & nothing Is been done there now.
He'll still be probed. He cant hide behind Buhari.
dunkem21:

Wetin carry Igbos enter this matter ..Two yorubas are fighting and beefing each other, and you are masturbating with Igbos ..

..Na wa o ..

4 Likes

Re: Bababtunde Fashola At The Book Launch Of His Biography (Photos) by isan(m): 8:41am On Aug 19, 2015
No fashola no Apc.... People started voting for apc because of how fashola tranform lagos

1 Like

Re: Bababtunde Fashola At The Book Launch Of His Biography (Photos) by Ultimate80: 8:48am On Aug 19, 2015
You have your points.
Re: Bababtunde Fashola At The Book Launch Of His Biography (Photos) by tunex23: 8:48am On Aug 19, 2015
Tinubu pls if you ar reading this kindly retract all those frivolous allegations against BRF, you two should settle pls, it for the good of Yorubas and Nigeria as a whole.

1 Like

Re: Bababtunde Fashola At The Book Launch Of His Biography (Photos) by phyness(m): 8:56am On Aug 19, 2015
Wie is Tinubu nd his godson Ambode?
Re: Bababtunde Fashola At The Book Launch Of His Biography (Photos) by veraponpo(m): 9:03am On Aug 19, 2015
Fashola:

The man that redesigned the art and act of governance in Nigeria,
With clear vision and purposeful leadership, he turned Lagos State to the home of investors and investments,
He beautified management and the governed became endeared to him,
He became a course of study to other governors as Kwakasow of Kano and Adams Oshiomole of Edo had to understudy him for weeks before they took over the saddle of leadership in their various states.

A man of intelligence, wisdom and action;
A fearless leader- The first civilian to arrest a military (captain for disobeying traffic law)
He restructured Lagos State, Southwest and Nigeria at large as other governors had at least one thing or the other to learn from him,
His towering stature usually makes him the representation of a perfect leadership idol for his teeming followers, a man with special physique.

With a brilliant CV as a lawyer, he became a Senior Advocate of Nigeria at a tender age and Chief of Staff when he was in his 30s
He shone like a star and was made the governor of Lagos State by stint of hard work and indubitable brilliance
Your name has travelled wide from the Western Nigeria to the Western World, his actions was like a whirlwind moving with a speed of light
He changed everything and made change to be seen as a simple science and not a rocket science.

Your name is already made and cannot be destroyed by your detractors
your name is written in gold and cast in stone, it is already indelible in the history of the nation as the best governor ever
Other ACN and APC governors could easily call you their class captain despite your age being far from theirs
You made it possible for ACN to sweep some states due to your unique performance as governor of Lagos State.

I bless the day you were born sir

Long live BRF.

5 Likes

Re: Bababtunde Fashola At The Book Launch Of His Biography (Photos) by LastProphet: 9:05am On Aug 19, 2015
NoRetreat:
Fashola brought elitism and professionalism to bear on the Nigerian politics,if anybody is out there to destroy him, the ripples of his achievement will confound and confuse the person.

God bless you. what happened to elrufai haters is what will happen to fashola haters quote me. it pains tinubu that a 'boy' he brought up has a higher political prospect than him so the idea is to cut down fashola especially before 2019 and they are going to fail again and again and again

2 Likes

Re: Bababtunde Fashola At The Book Launch Of His Biography (Photos) by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 19, 2015
If you don't mention IGBO in your comments,your miserable life will never remain the same, Tufiakwa!

1toRtoiSe1:
tinubu is fighting too many battles. He's going to lose this one cos the love yorubas and majority of nigerians, except bigotic ibos, have for him is beyond what they can overlook. He single-handedly made ACN/APC look attractive with his good governance.

Tinubu is just piling up too many enemies for himself.

5 Likes

Re: Bababtunde Fashola At The Book Launch Of His Biography (Photos) by Rotimi47: 9:23am On Aug 19, 2015
1toRtoiSe1:
am just laughing at Ambode. Fashola's work is the reason ambode got elected cos lagosians want continuity. Allowing tinubu use him to battle his predecessor will only spell doom for him.

They are afraid him becoming a minister will grant him heavy northern connections needed to become president. Tinubu wants to be the one to pick a yoruba president. I ask, who is worthy than FASHOLA in yoruba land and even Nigeria to succeed Buhari?
let set the record straight; Fashola never wanted Ambode to be governor of Lagos State despite majority of APC leaders favoring Ambode, he preferred another person( name withheld ) who is also a Muslim who he chose. Another fact is that Tinubu was the one that handed over his master plan for Lagos development to Fashola due to the withholding of federal government allocation to Lagos for years which didn't allow him to work on capital projects; Ambode never had anything against Fashola likewise Tinubu even with all the back biting we heard Fashola did with GMB. I like Fashola a lot but he should know that PDP have moles in the civil service who gives them classified informations which they are using against him.

1 Like

Re: Bababtunde Fashola At The Book Launch Of His Biography (Photos) by BabaO2: 9:25am On Aug 19, 2015
eleko1:
Does it mata if somebody attend ur event/not?Fashola shud try and reconcile with Tinubu.iF not,the same fate dat befall Pedro dey wait him.Wish him well embarassed
Not possible. He completed his terms as a governor, no house members can stop his entitlements. He is in a better standing than Pedro. He is a brain lawyer of repute, he doesn't need Tinubu per se to survive unless if he still wants to swim in politics water again.
Re: Bababtunde Fashola At The Book Launch Of His Biography (Photos) by Rotimi47: 9:27am On Aug 19, 2015
1toRtoiSe1:
am just laughing at Ambode. Fashola's work is the reason ambode got elected cos lagosians want continuity. Allowing tinubu use him to battle his predecessor will only spell doom for him.

They are afraid him becoming a minister will grant him heavy northern connections needed to become president. Tinubu wants to be the one to pick a yoruba president. I ask, who is worthy than FASHOLA in yoruba land and even Nigeria to succeed Buhari?
let set the record straight; Fashola never wanted Ambode to be governor of Lagos State despite majority of APC leaders favoring Ambode, he preferred another person( name withheld ) who is also a Muslim who he chose. Another fact is that Tinubu was the one that handed over his master plan for Lagos development to Fashola due to the withholding of federal government allocation to Lagos for years which didn't allow him to work on capital projects; Ambode never had anything against Fashola likewise Tinubu even with all the back biting we heard Fashola did with GMB. I like Fashola a lot but he should know that PDP have moles in the civil service who gives them classified informations which they are using against him.
Re: Bababtunde Fashola At The Book Launch Of His Biography (Photos) by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 19, 2015
1toRtoiSe1:
tinubu is fighting too many battles. He's going to lose this one cos the love yorubas and majority of nigerians, except bigotic ibos, have for him is beyond what they can overlook. He single-handedly made ACN/APC look attractive with his good governance.

Tinubu is just piling up too many enemies for himself.
...and he deported nationals of her country, coupled with debt in hundreds of billions naira.

2 Likes

Re: Bababtunde Fashola At The Book Launch Of His Biography (Photos) by gebest: 9:44am On Aug 19, 2015
let tinubu and fashola stand for presidential election and see the way fashola will disgrace him, fashola is my man anytime anyday.
Re: Bababtunde Fashola At The Book Launch Of His Biography (Photos) by azzima(m): 9:49am On Aug 19, 2015
Happiness87:
in the conspicuous absence of APC member and leaders
first law of power,Do not outshine the boss. Sadly,this is what this good guy is going thru now..
Re: Bababtunde Fashola At The Book Launch Of His Biography (Photos) by lolababe331e: 9:50am On Aug 19, 2015
Fashola is a big thief that has always been pretending to be a thief. He is just been exposed , go and ask people in Alausa. Between him and Amaechi I don't know who the Oga is for embezzlement
Re: Bababtunde Fashola At The Book Launch Of His Biography (Photos) by anonimi: 10:13am On Aug 19, 2015
Abugab:
Love him or hate him, Tunde Fashoa is one intelligent and exemplary leader. LOOTER

FIXED!

* Four years ago, with plenty fanfare, our former gomina (governor) waka go Toronto for inspect and buy aloku scrap metal trains =>

Fashola visited Toronto earlier this year to inspect the TTC trains.

The Lagos deal would be the first of its kind for the TTC. Decommissioned cars are usually sold for scrap metal and can fetch up to $1,500 dollar each. While Ross declined to discuss specific figures, he says the sticker price for Lagos is "significantly more" than scrap prices, putting the potential profits to the TTC in the millions of dollars. shocked

It is not unusual for technology from western nations to end up in poorer countries. Marketplaces in Africa and Asia are flooded with North American clothes, computers, and even cars, but the purchase of larger technology like trains is rarer.

The cars will have to be significantly refurbished to fit existing infrastructure in Lagos, and some Nigerian media reports have lamented that the government appears to have settled on "tokundo," or used, trains instead of brand new vehicles.

Although half the cars are more than 30 years old, Ross is adamant they are perfectly safe and are only being decommissioned for capacity reasons. But he also admitted the TTC is not required to make sure the cars meet any safety standards before selling them.

"Once sold, it's up to the new operator to ensure they are in good working order," he said. "They do need to be maintained much more frequently than the new trains, simply because of their age. At some point they will run out their useful life."

Murtaza Haider, director of the Institute of Housing and Mobility at Ryerson University, said the age of the cars is definitely a cause for concern.

"We should be ensuring that there is some service life left in these vehicles and we're not going to be playing havoc with the lives of those who would ride these vehicles," Haider said. "There's metal fatigue, and that metal fatigue could result in dangerous conditions. I would be paying a close watch on this for the next ten years to see how many accidents do happen in Lagos."

More from: https://nowtoronto.com/news/next-stop-nigeria/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/986954_227085_217133764973083_1665116_n_jpg748f7881e9a4a7029d746ce618b9e883

www.nairaland.com/attachments/986970_226204_217133461639780_436735_n_jpg881704f0a82d9e191193a6cb576f8d24

* In January 2013, i.e. some two years after the Toronto visit, our "excellent" former governor said the trains will be ready by June, i.e. five months after the unsolicited statement, based on his inspection & assessment of work done so far at the time =>

Lagos light rail’ll be ready in June – Fashola
JANUARY 9, 2013

The Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola on Tuesday said the first phase of the state Blue Light Rail project would be completed by June this year(2013).

He expressed confidence that Lagosians would start enjoying the services of the lrail project immediately.

The first phase would run from Marina and terminated at Okokomaiko area in Ojo Local Government.

Fashola spoke during an inspection of ongoing projects in the state which took him and his cabinet members to Orile-Iganmu, Alimosho and Ejigbo areas among others to assess the level of works being done by contractors.

The governor, who inaugurated the trackwork of the blue light rail at Alaba Suru, Coker-Agunda Local Council Development Area, said the level of work on the road and those of the National Theatre and Alaba-Mile 2 rail stations, would ensure early completion

He said, “In order to finish the project, the contractor did not go on vacation during the festive period. This will ensure that the project is delivered on time for the use of Lagosians.

More from: http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-light-railll-be-ready-in-june-fashola/

* Last year, our fine-boy-no-pimples former Misita Gomina confessed he had already spent a whopping sum of N160 billion on the light rail that was supposed to be in use since June 2013. Depending on the exchange rate he used that could be $1 billion to $1.2 billion spent shocked

How We Spent N160bn World Bank Loan on Light Rail Project
11 Sep 2014
He, therefore, explained that the state government already “has in place, strategies to repay the loan. The federal government was in the know of the state’s decision to take the bond and it approved it.”

He added that the truth “is that what they do not also say is that no state in Nigeria can borrow money outside, from any multilateral agencies without the approval of the federal government.

“What they did not say is that they approved it. No state can raise money by bond the way we have done without the federal government’s approval. Both SEC and NSE are all federal regulatory agencies through which we must pass. If they said okay, it means there must be something good about the debt.

More from: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/lagos-how-we-spent-n160bn-world-bank-loan-on-light-rail-project/188736/

As of today, we nor see train, even sef all the billion, billion $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ don disappear enter Toronto. We prayer be sey make dem nor turn around small time sey na bad business like the N8 billion Sunborn floating hotel angry angry

In fact the new governor, Ambode now dey tell us sey na to restructure the financing and delivery will be in 18 months time. Laakulilai, we don suffer finish in the hands of these SCAM masters and smooth operators => embarassed

Why I reached out to Igbo voters –Ambode, Lagos APC governorship candidate
APRIL 4, 2015
When is the light rail going to be delivered, the project seems to be going on for years?

I just said it, it’s being funded by Lagos State and the Federal Government support is not there. But I believe strongly that we will create a financial restructuring that will allow us to deliver that light rail within the next 18 months.

More from: http://www.punchng.com/feature/hotseat/why-i-reached-out-to-igbo-voters-ambode-lagos-apc-governorship-candidate/

Una wey sabi financial management small go know sey the man just dey tell us sey money don finish dem must BORROW plenty $$$$$$$$$$$ loan again to have any hope whatsoever of using the trains in 18 months lohun lohun far away longest time!
Can anyone reconcile the fact that the federal government approved LASG's World Bank loan for this project yet the new governor dey spin us long tales of no federal support. He must think we are all baby pikins wey mama fit tell FAKE tory angry

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AMCON: Why Banire Was Replaced As Chairman / APC Plans To Dissolve State Excos / Senate Approves Buhari’s $16 Billion, €1 Billion Loans Request

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.