Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,401 members, 7,843,175 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election (33164 Views)

Tanko Almakura & Wife Visit Buhari In London (Photos) / Tanko Almakura Carrying Garri On His Head (photo) / INEC Rubbishes Peterside Says That Wike Won Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by chrys3: 2:45pm On Aug 19, 2015
We pray maku succeed in the preceedings.............................................. Tired of dictatorship régime!

1 Like

Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by jkbee(m): 2:50pm On Aug 19, 2015
The thing na season film, the case neva close. E don happen for Osun b4, Aregbe still declared winner cool. Funny Naija Drama!
Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by melifew213(m): 2:50pm On Aug 19, 2015
Everybody knows Maku defeated Almakura, I pray the election is upturn in favor of Maku

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by ElFenomeno1: 2:58pm On Aug 19, 2015
nnachukz:
Those witnesses were chosen to serve as part of the evidence that almukara actually won the election by testifying to that but when your own chosen witnesses testify against you right there in the court, it then becomes part of the evidence against you. Remember you presented them not the petitioner so they can as well give further evidence against you if the leader council didn't move fast to stop them.

I don't see how this can affect the current situation greatly.
Labaran Maku himself knows he cant win in... What he most likely is contesting maybe irregularities at some PU's and Wards, plus margin of win... Which could force a review of the results and a possible re-run, but that is very unlikely!
Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by alabiyemmy(m): 3:00pm On Aug 19, 2015
Chubhie:
Maku I know of is well experienced in election matters. I remember vividly during 2011 elections how voting was alleged to be going on in Maku's well secured mansion. Witnesses raised alarm and some few hours latter a crack team was led to maku's house but nothing incriminating was found.

All those witnesses were rounded up into the waiting trucks of the crack team and charged with raising false alarm. It was a case of hunter turned bush meat. The look on those witnesses faces was epic! You could read the disbelief! They were so sure and never believed the reality they were seeing.

I laughed so hard then knowing that it takes only a call and few minutes to notify Maku of an impending raid so he can clean up.

Maku was rewarded as an information minister when his principal won. I'm not surprised one bit of Maku's capabilities.

In other words Maku knows how to make witnesses change thei mind.

1 Like

Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by alabiyemmy(m): 3:02pm On Aug 19, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

I don't see how this can affect the current situation greatly.
Labaran Maku himself knows he cant win in... What he most likely is contesting maybe irregularities at some PU's and Wards, plus margin of win... Which could force a review of the results and a possible re-run, but that is very unlikely!

Kpele o Chief Judge
Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by ElFenomeno1: 3:03pm On Aug 19, 2015
alabiyemmy:

Kpele o Chief Judge

Gerrout!
Fu..cking donut!!!
Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by Gboliwe: 3:35pm On Aug 19, 2015
John Grisham will like this plot grin
Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by sparkwil(m): 3:44pm On Aug 19, 2015
Its no news that APC rigged d last election in many quaters
We kn d PDP where master riggers but u cant fight evil with evil. Thats y I dont like d APC.
Same desperate devils like PDP yet claiming to be saints

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by TheAdvocate(m): 4:02pm On Aug 19, 2015
Chubhie:
Maku I know of is well experienced in election matters. I remember vividly during 2011 elections how voting was alleged to be going on in Maku's well secured mansion. Witnesses raised alarm and some few hours latter a crack team was led to maku's house but nothing incriminating was found.

All those witnesses were rounded up into the waiting trucks of the crack team and charged with raising false alarm. It was a case of hunter turned bush meat. The look on those witnesses faces was epic! You could read the disbelief! They were so sure and never believed the reality they were seeing.

I laughed so hard then knowing that it takes only a call and few minutes to notify Maku of an impending raid so he can clean up.

Maku was rewarded as an information minister when his principal won. I'm not surprised one bit of Maku's capabilities.

This is election petition matters and not about voting. The only way to explain this is that Maku got the services of a good lawyer who knew how to cross-exam.

If yu are a witness and I am cross-examining yu and yu have copy of a result sheet in ur hands and the other party had won on it, yu cannot change that fact.

Court cases are not kalo-kalo. Its about facts and evidence.

1 Like

Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by nkowaputa(m): 4:21pm On Aug 19, 2015
Majlaw:
Maku can not, i repeat can not rule Nasarawa state now. He won only in Nasarawa eggon Lg. Forget all those small villages witnesses.
Almakura Demolished 1 of the biggest market in Nasarawa state lafia without any compensation. For this, even his pple turn dia back on him.

Sorry can u explain further? Don't really get u.
Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by gog4life(m): 5:09pm On Aug 19, 2015
This witnesses don sign 007
Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by alabiyemmy(m): 5:10pm On Aug 19, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

Gerrout!
Fu..cking donut!!!

Lol. Re.tard.

It must have pained you reaaaaalllll good.
Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by hibee4uall(m): 5:31pm On Aug 19, 2015
That is power of money in action...in fact if all other witnesses were called they would have surely danced to the same song.
Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by Rexology: 5:57pm On Aug 19, 2015
ElFenomeno1:
Anyone can say anything....
Let the witnesses provide evidences and proof that Maku won, SIMPLES!!!!
You simply do not understand what 'witness' means in court proceedings. Because if you do, you would know what it means for your witness to testify against you before the court. Why do you think the defending counsel (Almakura's Lawyer)"abruptly" requested for an adjournment? (that's if this report has any credibility )

1 Like

Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by begwong: 6:00pm On Aug 19, 2015
Eyah sorry almakura, it's just obvious you are loosing out. Well, since na APC dey government, you may be considered for an appointment or go back to your kola business. No wonder civil servants in the state are been owed salary arrears

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by oshiosense(m): 7:46pm On Aug 19, 2015
Why wouldn't they when Almakura could not meet their financial settlement, which Maku happily did from the 'farm' money.
Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by youngjapanese(m): 7:51pm On Aug 19, 2015
d problem is dat maku s a christian,ad i knw dat moslem wil nt allow christian 2 b der governo

1 Like

Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by businessMODE(m): 10:35pm On Aug 19, 2015
if PDP won Presidential election in Nasarawa then you should ask how and why because Nasarawa is the only APC Buhari LOST to GEJ -that is symbolic - it means the state wasn't APC and the results obtained is outright manipulation well organized by Sen. Abdullahi Adamu who moved to APC just to secure a ticket and use the governor to rig election of which we all know he didn't win ....ofcos he begged Wadada to withdraw the case in the name of Islam....well from reliable sources in the state, Maku was leading when the results were collated, but somehow somehow, all those areas earlier collated and Maku said to be leading turn out to be just wind as INEC announced Maku as winning only ne LG .... Now the question is how a major contender in an election only ended up with just one LG loosing even in the one his Deputy came from who openly showed their support for him and disdain against Almakura ... while we may suspect money play here, I strongly see truth coming up and I just cant see how Eggon fetish issh is coming here ....MATTER of fact, two persons who gave video and document evidence to Maku have been killed while others including 2 NYSC corps members are on the run .... just like he kept complaining, his lost is on religion grounds because there are elements who seem to be fighting against Christians governing the state regardless of the overwhelming population in the state and at this point, political party don't matter, that's why the PDP candidate was seen romancing APC even when flying under PDP .......
Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by BushidoBlue(m): 11:35pm On Aug 19, 2015
obailala:
This sounds very funny, it must have been a very interesting day in the courtroom. Reminds me of a popular saying from 'The Last Don' movie, "Spread some cash, memories could be lost..."

I can only imagine the faces of Almakura's legal team and Almakura himself upon hearing this grin cheesy
[img]http://media./media/dM5h1F0R9rocw/giphy.gif[/img]

Would be quite interesting seeing APGA winning an election in the north though

a swear u can fit to kill person with your nollygif
ROTFL grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by Fourwinds: 10:04am On Aug 20, 2015
ZKOSOSO:
Na today?
APC wuruwuru!
keep quiet my friend ... APC is not into do or die affair
Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by Fourwinds: 10:14am On Aug 20, 2015
freedom96:
He won't bro!All this tribunals wether apc against pdp,pdp against apc,apga etc are not going to work.Dakuku is going no wherre near govt house,the guy challenging David mark is nt gonna win.Elections are over!Nigeria is still Nigeria.There's no any change,except at the top of course,GMB/PYO cool....thats it.Just watch and see how this tribunal saga fade away like tompolo' threat.
no just wait some people will be unseated... u will see changes in a couple of months..
Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by Fourwinds: 10:16am On Aug 20, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

APGA already won some assembly seats in Taraba...
waow.!! I like dat. I want to see more of APGA in d north. watching Nasarawa
Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by Fourwinds: 10:25am On Aug 20, 2015
crayfish don catch fisherman
Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:35am On Aug 20, 2015
Fourwinds:
waow.!! I like dat. I want to see more of APGA in d north. watching Nasarawa

I wish Maku will win but its a tough call...APC already recruited PDP scribe there to work against him...Remember, he was frustrated out of PDP...but let's watch & see...APGA also won seats in bayelsa etc
Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by Fourwinds: 10:45am On Aug 20, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

I wish Maku will win but its a tough call...APC already recruited PDP scribe there to work against him...Remember, he was frustrated out of PDP...but let's watch & see...APGA also won seats in bayelsa etc
dats is good
Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by PhockPhockMan: 11:27am On Aug 20, 2015
Watching with keen interest.
Re: Governor Almakura's Witnesses Turn Against Him To Testify That Maku Won Election by SoupEmbassy: 6:54am On Aug 01, 2018
Check out Labaran Maku new Website for details of Labaran Maku Biography and details of his plans for a new Nasarawa State come 2019

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Happens If Tinubu’s VP Placeholder, Masari, Goes Rogue? / Tinubu Speaks On Buhari’s Victory / Military Officers Given Ultimatum To Lose "Pot-bellies" (pic) - COAS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.