Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,300 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? (42288 Views)

Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? / Married Woman Who Drives GUO Luxurious Bus From Lagos To Ghana (Photos) / Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by Pidggin(f): 10:48pm On Aug 19, 2015
!
83lagosroad:

buiod career and loose ur husband to some small girls and latter come to NL to complain . ok now.
u think say e easy to get patient husband abiiiii
my friend wise up.

If you like sit down for house dey add weight every day, a man who will chase other women will do it regardless. If you like tie rope or chain on him, monitor him 24/7, he will still cheat if he wants to.

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by FrankValency(m): 10:50pm On Aug 19, 2015
delishpot:

As in You must marry a Nurse.
YES grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by musicwriter(m): 10:51pm On Aug 19, 2015
ladyF:

I'm neither a feminist nor a *masculinist*

I feel a woman can do just about any job a man can do, women work as carpenters, painters, keke drivers, doctors, nurses, bankers, engineers, and yes as an offshore Engineer that u mentioned and still build her family. I don't just understand the segregation. It just takes planning.

I think you mean chauvinist not masculinist as the word doesn't exist.

One would think the opposite of feminist should be masculinist but not in English!. English is a very bizarre language. One of the most imperfect language on earth. I have no idea how our forefathers stooped too low to allow this people a place in our lands.

Africans should rise up and be ourselves.

@OP.
Sorry, this post isn't about you.
Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by iRepNaija1: 10:52pm On Aug 19, 2015
Horlawoomey:

Yes, there are different jobs for married women with kids and those without kids.

The way banks are run in Nigeria makes it very difficult for a woman with a kid to take care of herself, the kid and the husband. It is not limited to banking alone as it will be very absurd for a woman with kids to work as an offshore Engineer in an oil rig. It will affect the family.

Before you ask me if men can not take up the role of taking care of children, please remember the fact that we are not in America, cos I smelt feminism from your post.

You don't need to live in America to the smell the patriarchal nonsense you're spewing. Do you honestly even know what feminism is?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by Horlawoomey(m): 10:55pm On Aug 19, 2015
iRepNaija1:
[/b]

You don't need to live in America to the smell the patriarchal nonsense you're spewing. Do you honestly even know what feminism is?

No, can you shed some light on it, I am ready to learn.
Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by delishpot: 10:57pm On Aug 19, 2015
FrankValency:
YES grin

Hope your wish comes true. Its a good thing. But remember nurses do night shifts sha o. cool
Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Aug 19, 2015
remiotega:
Let thunder fire datt man dat wld ask me to quit my job because I hav kids.

Its d "Head" dat shud even make d sacrifice if need be.

You don't hav a good job as a woman and depend on ur man for money ,dey call you "Liability".. U hav a good job as a woman dey try to stop u and say u shud b a teacher....

So my father spends millions on me to get a good education.. I do my masters ..and d rest...only to start selling popcorn or being a teacher... Even my papa go swear for me.. How much do teachers earn by d way?

You men spitting trash about every married woman teachin...another man wld turn ur msc daughters to teachers and u wll know how it feels.
In Africa a feminist is a woman who wants to b successful and don't want any man to spoil it for her especially because of marriage.
#Its the head that should make the sacrifice if need be.- Your head is not korect for that one!

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by FrankValency(m): 11:02pm On Aug 19, 2015
delishpot:

Hope your wish comes true. Its a good thing. But remember nurses do night shifts sha o. cool
it dosent mean,am ok with that. But make I ask o,are u one?
Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 19, 2015
I will advise her to take up a teaching job. 8-2; she go dey work pikin sef go dey skool 3- new day -get time to takia of her wards and husband Task accomplished, Chikena!
Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by SleekyP(m): 11:07pm On Aug 19, 2015
tohpahz:

grin grin oh yes i know
kiss kiss
Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Aug 19, 2015
A big online business you work at your spare time I'm involved in. For both genders. WhatsApp 08055997481.
Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by bismick(f): 11:19pm On Aug 19, 2015
Hello everyone,if we give this arguement a critical thought,women with kids re going to be more confortable with some set of jobs than the other ones.based on the fact that,women go thru a lot carrying pregnancy let alone taking care of the kids,house and the almighty husband who does not want even his child to take away the attention given to him by his wife.
Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by remiotega: 12:00am On Aug 20, 2015
Sabrwahaqqo:

#Its the head that should make the sacrifice if need be.- Your...
Who is dis he-goat? Ur head has never been correct..mumuu

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by Nobody: 12:24am On Aug 20, 2015
remiotega:

Who is dis he-goat? Ur head has never been correct..mumuu

I was wrong! , I was of the opinion that you're a bit rational but no, I was wrong.
Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by Joy1706(f): 1:02am On Aug 20, 2015
Abeg if you want a wife that teaches, go for a teacher. Don't u dare marry a doctor, for instance, and ask her to quit her job and start teaching.
Chai! Let me see that man that will open his mouth and ask me to take a teaching job or sit in a shop selling provisions after 6 years of school plus masters... Mstchewwww! Won't even bother to dignify that stupid request with an answer. Na just to hiss and waka pass.

See all of them saying teaching, business bla bla. Yet they'll see teachers and businesswomen and won't marry dem o. Make any man just try dat rubbish with me, he will know his family history dat day. Yeye dey smell!

As if women were not born with a purpose to fulfil. See them playing god over someone's life. Mstchewwww

8 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by Aude(f): 1:36am On Aug 20, 2015
83lagosroad:

buiod career and loose ur husband to some small girls and latter come to NL to complain . ok now.
u think say e easy to get patient husband abiiiii
my friend wise up.

So what about all these housewives that have been filling NL with their sob stories? Didn't they devote all their time to their families?

Women please value your education and fulfill your dreams. Sometimes I think NL is full of half-educated people with no dreams. You have people suggesting that their wives become shopkeepers, hair stylists and food sellers. Tufiakwa! After all the money spent on education! I thank God my parents were professional people who instilled in me the desire to be the best I can be.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by Aude(f): 1:44am On Aug 20, 2015
raphy:
My advice fo u is to open a shop and start your own business so u cn hv tym fo your children. dnt rent hous help o.be strong n work fo ursef dnt chase whyt collar job anymo.just do bizness thts is not very stressful like provisions or frozen foods:dnt foget to thnk me later whn u build your own shoprite in future.am not married bt hv a good bizness ideas to gv my future wife.i hop u all r good

Go find a village woman or an uneducated woman to be your wife

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by remiotega: 6:05am On Aug 20, 2015
Sabrwahaqqo:

I was wrong! , I was of the opinion that you're a bit rational but no, I was wrong.
Who cares?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by Nobody: 6:48am On Aug 20, 2015
remiotega:
Who cares?
C'mon geraut

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by Nobody: 6:53am On Aug 20, 2015
remiotega:
Let thunder fire datt man dat wld ask me to quit my job because I hav kids.

Its d "Head" dat shud even make d sacrifice if need be.

You don't hav a good job as a woman and depend on ur man for money ,dey call you "Liability".. U hav a good job as a woman dey try to stop u and say u shud b a teacher....

So my father spends millions on me to get a good education.. I do my masters ..and d rest...only to start selling popcorn or being a teacher... Even my papa go swear for me.. How much do teachers earn by d way?

You men spitting trash about every married woman teachin...another man wld turn ur msc daughters to teachers and u wll know how it feels.
In Africa a feminist is a woman who wants to b successful and don't want any man to spoil it for her especially because of marriage.
*kisses*God bless you my sister

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 20, 2015
ladyF:

I'm neither a feminist nor a *masculinist*

I feel a woman can do just about any job a man can do, women work as carpenters, painters, keke drivers, doctors, nurses, bankers, engineers, and yes as an offshore Engineer that u mentioned and still build her family. I don't just understand the segregation. It just takes planning.
They can do those and still take care of their family, even when they are baby-sitting
Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by delishpot: 8:46am On Aug 20, 2015
FrankValency:
it dosent mean,am ok with that. But make I ask o,are u one?

No. But I worked at a place with a medical center and the nurses worked 24/7 on shift of course. Plus my land lady some time ago was also a nurse. My dads sister was a Nurse too.
Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by ephi123(f): 8:48am On Aug 20, 2015
Spidermon:
Sports betting!
Mama put
Blogging

It also depends on where she gets the children from. If the children are from God, she can work anywhere
....But if she go beg for those children from babalawo, problem child na full time housework.

Very funny cheesy
Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by FrankValency(m): 8:51am On Aug 20, 2015
delishpot:

No. But I worked at a place with a medical center and the nurses worked 24/7 on shift of course. Plus my land lady some time ago was also a nurse. My dads sister was a Nurse too.
ah,with all these nurses around u,what are u waiting for? Become one so we can walk down the aisle grin
Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by FBS: 8:59am On Aug 20, 2015
se married women with kids and jobs dey post for NL? I have my doubts. cheesy
Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by delishpot: 9:59am On Aug 20, 2015
FrankValency:
ah,with all these nurses around u,what are u waiting for? Become one so we can walk down the aisle grin

Haha. I am a guy o. But for real I nursed the ambition of becoming a nurs3.
Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by ladyF(f): 10:25am On Aug 20, 2015
musicwriter:

I think you mean chauvinist not masculinist as the word doesn't exist.

One would think the opposite of feminist should be masculinist but not in English!. English is a very bizarre language. One of the most imperfect language on earth. I have no idea how our forefathers stooped too low to allow this people a place in our lands.

Africans should rise up and be ourselves.

@OP.
Sorry, this post isn't about you.
thanks. I didn't even know there was a word for it. wink
Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by oreofea(f): 11:08am On Aug 20, 2015
Well, I feel dere shld be a mutual agreement btw d hubby nd wife b4 getting married. As for me, i worked with a bank for few yrs b4 i got married to a staff of d same bank. I resigned not only bcz my hubby worked in d same office with me but cuz i was gettin tired of d job and d unit i was working, was time-consuming. I was wondering how i would cope wen kids start coming. I started applying for jobs( both private nd govt jobs). Shortly after, i got offers frm 2 banks nd i wasnt comfortable with dem bcuz i was already tired of d banking sector, so i turned down d offers nd kept searching. As i was waiting, i enrolled for some baking lessons jus to kip myself busy. Soonest,i got anoda offer with a govt agency. Ofcourse i picked d govt job even if d banking jobs offered me higher salaries.
Am still a civil servant, i hav had time to acquire professional qualifications nd am currently running a msc prog, i av a career path to follow plus i have time for my kids,very soon i will start an online business.
With all diz scary stories of child molestation frm maids, relatives, neighbours....,parents of nowadays(esp mothers) have a big role to play by making sacrifices to ensure our kids are safe nd well behaved.
If u re passionate abt dat job, just ensure u can balance both ur family nd career bcuz ur 1st prority should be family.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by remiotega: 12:01pm On Aug 20, 2015
Sabrwahaqqo:

C'mon geraut
Come on shuttt up and gerrrrrrrrrout!
Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by FrancisCAF: 12:10pm On Aug 20, 2015
The highest investment and achievement in life is to make your home a model. Not all rich men are successful men. People define a successful man/woman in a wrong way. To make your home a model, it involves a lot. The wife need a job that will not take her whole time but rather gives her opportunity to take care of her children very well. Also a husband but not like that of a wife. A family where the father will leave for work in the morning and comes back in the evening or late evening as well as the wife, will go sour. Thats why many prefer teaching or shift jobs. Some, where these ones are not available open a business business for their wives, hence the family does not depend solemly on it but basically to keep the wife busy. Also make her independent to an extent. So people should understand why the ? House wife is not the best but could be the last resort.
Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by remiotega: 12:12pm On Aug 20, 2015
cheesy kiss
prettydiva89:

*kisses*God bless you my sister

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

200 Thousand Minimum Wage Breakdown By Chatgpt / Ever Lost A Job Doing The Right Thing? My Experience Doing One / 10 Years After Graduation: What Are Your Experiences In The Labour Market?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.