Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,336 members, 7,954,380 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:51 PM

What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? (42915 Views)

Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? / Married Woman Who Drives GUO Luxurious Bus From Lagos To Ghana (Photos) / Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by remiotega: 12:50pm On Aug 20, 2015
Joy1706:
Abeg if you want a wife that teaches, go for a teacher. Don't u dare marry a doctor, for instance, and ask her to quit her job and start teaching.
Chai! Let me see that man that will open his mouth and ask me to take a teaching job or sit in a shop selling provisions after 6 years of school plus masters... Mstchewwww! Won't even bother to dignify that stupid request with an answer. Na just to hiss and waka pass.

See all of them saying teaching, business bla bla. Yet they'll see teachers and businesswomen and won't marry dem o. Make any man just try dat rubbish with me, he will know his family history dat day. Yeye dey smell!

As if women were not born with a purpose to fulfil. See them playing god over someone's life. Mstchewwww
I love women like you.

D most annoying thing is dat wen u hear dis men sayin teaching teaching everwhere ,you would think they hav very good jobs sef that can provide for dia familys everyday needs...

I pity for the fathers who spent so much on dia daughters not knowing they ar planning to be teachers and chewing gum sellers... Why cudnt they be kind enof as to tel d old man not to waste his money as they won't be needing all d Msc's to sell groceries.

On the other hand ..maybe na nemesis sef because the fathers too must hav turned somone elses Chartered accountant daughter to a crayfish seller.

Now I understand why som men don't even bother sending dia daughters to school but focus on dia male children.

But wait oo. Where are d men dat always talk about a woman(married or not) being very successful in her chosen career so as not to b a liablity to her husband?
Those men who praise rich women...and talk down on women that ar not there yet but want a rich man..
I noticed they ar not present here...or mayb they ar d same people shoutin teachers everywhere sef....confused people!

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by FrankValency(m): 1:09pm On Aug 20, 2015
delishpot:

Haha. I am a guy o. But for real I nursed the ambition of becoming a nurs3.
sorry bro,what stopped the ambition?,it is obvious its in u?or is it feminism?
Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by delishpot: 1:13pm On Aug 20, 2015
FrankValency:
sorry bro,what stopped the ambition?,it is obvious its in u?or is it feminism?

I started fearing blood grin grin and became germophobe
Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by FrankValency(m): 1:52pm On Aug 20, 2015
delishpot:

I started fearing blood grin grin and became germophobe
heheheh, chai ,u see y I needed a nurse,so she can explain all these big medical terms,abeg whcich one be germophobe Abi na normal germs fear fear grin grin . No wahala
Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by Aude(f): 2:51pm On Aug 20, 2015
remiotega:

I love women like you.

D most annoying thing is dat wen u hear dis men sayin teaching teaching everwhere ,you would think they hav very good jobs sef that can provide for dia familys everyday needs...

I pity for the fathers who spent so much on dia daughters not knowing they ar planning to be teachers and chewing gum sellers... Why cudnt they be kind enof as to tel d old man not to waste his money as they won't be needing all d Msc's to sell groceries.

On the other hand ..maybe na nemesis sef because the fathers too must hav turned somone elses Chartered accountant daughter to a crayfish seller.

Now I understand why som men don't even bother sending dia daughters to school but focus on dia male children.

But wait oo. Where are d men dat always talk about a woman(married or not) being very successful in her chosen career so as not to b a liablity to her husband?
Those men who praise rich women...and talk down on women that ar not there yet but want a rich man..
I noticed they ar not present here...or mayb they ar d same people shoutin teachers everywhere sef....confused people!

Hahaha girl you are the best. I admire women like you. I am so happy that there are African women out there who reason the way you do.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by remiotega: 3:12pm On Aug 20, 2015
Aude:

Hahaha girl you are the best. I admire women like you. I am so happy that there are African women out there who reason the way you do.
cheesy kiss
Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Aug 20, 2015
I used to think like you till I tied the knot and had my first child.
Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by Kennycool1: 3:32pm On Aug 20, 2015
Horlawoomey:
A school teacher
Nurse
Fashion designer
Cake baker
Online Business.

All those are not time consuming and good for mothers.

Remove that Nurse, becos its time consuming and shifting measure applicable
Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by Joy1706(f): 4:50pm On Aug 20, 2015
remiotega:

I love women like you.

Lol @ maybe na nemesis. I tire 4 men o. Do they know what they want sef?
Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by Petitediva14(f): 5:03pm On Aug 20, 2015
remiotega:
Let thunder fire datt man dat wld ask me to quit my job because I hav kids.

Its d "Head" dat shud even make d sacrifice if need be.

You don't hav a good job as a woman and depend on ur man for money ,dey call you "Liability".. U hav a good job as a woman dey try to stop u and say u shud b a teacher....

So my father spends millions on me to get a good education.. I do my masters ..and d rest...only to start selling popcorn or being a teacher... Even my papa go swear for me.. How much do teachers earn by d way?

You men spitting trash about every married woman teachin...another man wld turn ur msc daughters to teachers and u wll know how it feels.
In Africa a feminist is a woman who wants to b successful and don't want any man to spoil it for her especially because of marriage.

Na wa o!! You are out for these guys o!!! Honestly I don't know what is wrong with some guys. See all their mouths!!!
Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by Jarus(m): 6:38pm On Aug 20, 2015
ladyF:

Oga Jarus u too? Lol grin

It's LadyF grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by mekybabe1: 7:38pm On Aug 20, 2015
My sis, I tire for the guy o.
prettydiva89:

lol.
Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by iRepNaija1: 4:25am On Aug 21, 2015
Horlawoomey:

No, can you shed some light on it, I am ready to learn.

Please. You've got Google. Look it up yourself.
Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by Horlawoomey(m): 8:56am On Aug 21, 2015
iRepNaija1:

Please. You've got Google. Look it up yourself.

Don't quote me again, you are confused.
Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by mekybabe1: 12:06pm On Aug 21, 2015
grin grin.
prettydiva89:

lol.
Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by Ralphlauren(m): 12:30am On Aug 22, 2015
Jarus:
Teaching, especially in a public school.

Running shop (selling groceries etc) not far from home.

For a man like you that currently works with a multinational company, this is a very shameful post. Is this what you are passing on to the young lads you "mentor"? So a job with an oil and gas firm is good for you but "ise tisha" is perfect for the woman? undecided smh.

I'm sure you've worked with (in the past) several women with professional careers that have excelled in their field and you are currently working with several successful professional female colleagues. But you would rather have your wife sell peak milk and Agege bread or be a "tisha" than have a career in a profession of her choice. And to think you married a graduate undecided

I have noticed this with you. You tend to distance yourself away from successful women and I have never seen you acknowledge any successful career woman on this forum or anywhere else.

Thank God you have a daughter. I'm sure you are sparing no expense to ensure she attends the best schools and your dream is for her to be a top shot someday. How will you feel if after she gets married, her husband insists she runs a "provisions" shop "not far from home" or she works as a teacher in Sangotedo secondary school. Will you genuinely be happy?

Anyways, you are a Muslim so I'm not surprised at your outlook towards women. You see them as lesser beings who should not strive for professional excellence. Smh.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by Jarus(m): 6:43am On Aug 22, 2015
Ralphlauren:

For a man like you that currently works with a multinational company, this is a very shameful post. Is this what you are passing on to the young lads you "mentor"? So a job with an oil and gas firm is good for you but "ise tisha" is perfect for the woman? undecided smh.

I'm sure you've worked with (in the past) several women with professional careers that have excelled in their field and you are currently working with several successful professional female colleagues. But you would rather have your wife sell peak milk and Agege bread or be a "tisha" than have a career in a profession of her choice. And to think you married a graduate undecided

I have noticed this with you. You tend to distance yourself away from successful women and I have never seen you acknowledge any successful career woman on this forum or anywhere else.

Thank God you have a daughter. I'm sure you are sparing no expense to ensure she attends the best schools and your dream is for her to be a top shot someday. How will you feel if after she gets married, her husband insists she runs a "provisions" shop "not far from home" or she works as a teacher in Sangotedo secondary school. Will you genuinely be happy?

Anyways, you are a Muslim so I'm not surprised at your outlook towards women. You see them as lesser beings who should not strive for professional excellence. Smh.

I will ignore your attack on my religious persuasion, or your attribution of my choice to my religious preferences. A couple of others people have shared similar sentiments here, and I guess they are all Muslims.

On acknowledging successful career woman, I will only share my interview with just 3 successful women professionals, not because I have anything to prove to you on your baseless accusation, but lest people reading you také your lies as truth.

My interviews with:

Nimi Akinkugbe, ex-GM @ StanbicIBTC

http://www.jarushub.com/foreign-trained-graduates-are-not-necessarily-better-nimi-akinkugbe/

Yewande Sadiku, currently an ED @ StanbicIBTC

http://www.jarushub.com/investment-bankers-work-long-hours-have-less-social-time-yewande-sadiku/

Abimbola Adelakun, formerly with Punch

http://www.jarushub.com/meet-abimbola-adelakun-punchs-youngest-backpage-columnist/

If these are not acknowledgement, then I don't know what they are.

Shame that despite stalking me for years, you have not come across these, or you chose to ignore just to have a way for your premeditated attack.

My choice remains: I prefer my wife to have her shop, a mini-supermarket, and that is what she does, and probably makes as much money as me that works in an oil company and still has time for the kids. Wondering how that is your problem.

I have a brother that is a GM in a bank. The wife used to teach in a school (public school) before she went into business.

I have Lekki-rated colleagues and bosses whose wives do these things, especially the home shop thing.

But have I castigated those that chose to do 9-5? If I do, I wont interview those ones.

But it doesn't stop me from contributing to this thread what my preference is, as requested by the OP.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by MizzD: 6:59am On Aug 22, 2015
Ralphlauren:

Anyways, you are a Muslim so I'm not surprised at your outlook towards women. You see them as lesser beings who should not strive for professional excellence. Smh

Too much of personal attacks in one post. More like you've been waiting for a perfect opportunity to attack Jarus.

And this last paragraph is totally uncalled for, coming from you. Yes, I do come across your posts from time to time. And like he said, it is his preference, which I disagree with by the way, but I didn't see him condemn other people's choice. You could have disagreed without getting too personal even to the extent of propagating half truths.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by Jarus(m): 7:03am On Aug 22, 2015
MizzD:

Too much of personal attacks in one post. More like you've been waiting for a perfect opportunity to attack Jarus.

And this last paragraph is totally uncalled for, coming from you. Yes, I do come across your posts from time to time. And like he said, it is his preference, which I disagree with by the way, but I didn't see him condemn other people's choice. You could have disagreed without getting too personal even to the extent of propagating half truths.

He actually has a history with me. It started in 2013 or so. To be frank, I didn't even remember him after the engagement of 2013 until the username rang a bell now.
Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by raphy(m): 8:46am On Aug 22, 2015
Wht do u mean by tht?i hv a gf if still gettin to knw her if she is gud i cn marry here.so why do u tink i want uneducatd girl ?if they send u fo me go tel em u didnt see me ok.becarful by d way u write.
Aude:

Go find a village woman or an uneducated woman to be your wife
Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by Aude(f): 1:34pm On Aug 22, 2015
raphy:
Wht do u mean by tht?i hv a gf if still gettin to knw her if she is gud i cn marry here.so why do u tink i want uneducatd girl ?if they send u fo me go tel em u didnt see me ok.becarful by d way u write.

I hope you have told her that you want her to sell frozen foods after the wedding.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by Ralphlauren(m): 6:37pm On Aug 22, 2015
Jarus:

I will ignore your attack on my religious persuasion, or your attribution of my choice to my religious preferences. A couple of others people have shared similar sentiments here, and I guess they are all Muslims.

On acknowledging successful career woman, I will only share my interview with just 3 successful women professionals, not because I have anything to prove to you on your baseless accusation, but lest people reading you také your lies as truth.

My interviews with:

Nimi Akinkugbe, ex-GM @ StanbicIBTC

http://www.jarushub.com/foreign-trained-graduates-are-not-necessarily-better-nimi-akinkugbe/

Yewande Sadiku, currently an ED @ StanbicIBTC

http://www.jarushub.com/investment-bankers-work-long-hours-have-less-social-time-yewande-sadiku/

Abimbola Adelakun, formerly with Punch

http://www.jarushub.com/meet-abimbola-adelakun-punchs-youngest-backpage-columnist/

If these are not acknowledgement, then I don't know what they are.

Shame that despite stalking me for years, you have not come across these, or you chose to ignore just to have a way for your premeditated attack.

My choice remains: I prefer my wife to have her shop, a mini-supermarket, and that is what she does, and probably makes as much money as me that works in an oil company and still has time for the kids. Wondering how that is your problem.

I have a brother that is a GM in a bank. The wife used to teach in a school (public school) before she went into business.

I have Lekki-rated colleagues and bosses whose wives do these things, especially the home shop thing.

But have I castigated those that chose to do 9-5? If I do, I wont interview those ones.

But it doesn't stop me from contributing to this thread what my preference is, as requested by the OP.

Yimu @ bolded. grin cheesy

Liar liar pants on fire grin so from selling peak milk and bread from one small shop, she makes 6 figures every month like you a salary earner grin grin You can lie ooooooooooooo grin

Anyways, if the women in your post above had husbands that reasoned like you and had them become peak milk/biscuit seller at a shop in a dead end of "lekki" or a "tisha", would they have risen to the pinnacle of their successful professional careers?

Awitan, you sat down confidently to interview them. I'm sure they would have declined the interview invite if they had known they were granting audience to a dude who believes that the best job for a married woman is "ise tisha" or "biscuit/peak milk seller".

Nansense.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by Jarus(m): 6:58pm On Aug 22, 2015
At least we're now on the same page that you lied that I don't acknowledge successful women professionals.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by Ralphlauren(m): 7:07pm On Aug 22, 2015
Jarus:
At least we're now on the same page that you lied that I don't acknowledge successful women professionals.

You should actually be ashamed of yourself admitting you've acknowledged and interviewed successful professional women yet you came here to type that the best job for a married woman is either a teaching job in a public school (just imagine - not even posh private schools like corona, greenspring, chrisland,etc undecided) or selling 'provisions' in a shop not far from home.

Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by Jarus(m): 7:50pm On Aug 22, 2015
Ralphlauren:

You should actually be ashamed of yourself admitting you've acknowledged and interviewed successful professional women yet you came here to type that the best job for a married woman is either a teaching job in a public school (just imagine - not even posh private schools like corona, greenspring, chrisland,etc undecided) or selling 'provisions' in a shop not far from home.

Nonsense.

It's my choice and I cannot be ashamed of it. My wife that does that is not less successful. And bonus: she has more time for my kids and some of my women professional colleagues even envy her when we meet at functions and they get to know what she does.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by Ralphlauren(m): 7:55pm On Aug 22, 2015
Jarus:

It's my choice and I cannot be ashamed of it. My wife that does that is not less successful. And bonus: she has more time for my kids and some of my women professional colleagues even envy her when we meet at functions and they get to know what she does.

Yimu!

The same way behind your back she seriously envies your professional colleagues grin grin but she has no choice but to abide by the draconian rules/wishes of her 'alfa' husband grin

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by Jarus(m): 8:25pm On Aug 22, 2015
Ralphlauren:

Yimu!

The same way behind your back she seriously envies your professional colleagues grin grin but she has no choice but to abide by the draconian rules/wishes of her 'alfa' husband grin

A jealous mumu that doesn't know that's her choice, having been used to business right from her school days.
Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by soulhighman(m): 9:07pm On Aug 22, 2015
ladyF:

I'm neither a feminist nor a *masculinist*

I feel a woman can do just about any job a man can do, women work as carpenters, painters, keke drivers, doctors, nurses, bankers, engineers, and yes as an offshore Engineer that u mentioned and still build her family. I don't just understand the segregation. It just takes planning.
I've never seen a woman that digs well or gutter grin
ladyF:

I'm neither a feminist nor a *masculinist*

I feel a woman can do just about any job a man can do, women work as carpenters, painters, keke drivers, doctors, nurses, bankers, engineers, and yes as an offshore Engineer that u mentioned and still build her family. I don't just understand the segregation. It just takes planning.
I've never seen a woman that digs well or gutter . Men and woman are definitely not created to perform the same roles by nature.
Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by remiotega: 9:20pm On Aug 22, 2015
Joy1706:

Lol @ maybe na nemesis. I tire 4 men o. Do they know what they want sef?
Well its obvious dey don't. cheesy
Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by remiotega: 9:30pm On Aug 22, 2015
Petitediva14:

Na wa o!! You are out for these guys o!!! Honestly I don't know what is wrong with some guys. See all their mouths!!!

Lol. Dat moment u tink u knw and understand wetin dey worry anoda tin go begin dey worry them. cheesy
Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by Ralphlauren(m): 9:38pm On Aug 22, 2015
Jarus:

A jealous mumu that doesn't know that's her choice, having been used to business right from her school days.

Yimu. So now it's your wife that made the decision to stay in a shop selling 'provisions' and not your choice? Yimu. grin

Then why did she waste her time and parents money studying for a degree since she realised from her school days that selling peak milk/biscuit in a shop is her calling? grin undecided grin

She should have just trained as a supermarket attendant with one of the supermarkets in kwara state for say 5-10 years to learn the ropes/secrets of the trade cool

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? by Ralphlauren(m): 9:42pm On Aug 22, 2015
remiotega:
Let thunder fire datt man dat wld ask me to quit my job because I hav kids.

Its d "Head" dat shud even make d sacrifice if need be.

You don't hav a good job as a woman and depend on ur man for money ,dey call you "Liability".. U hav a good job as a woman dey try to stop u and say u shud b a teacher....

So my father spends millions on me to get a good education.. I do my masters ..and d rest...only to start selling popcorn or being a teacher... Even my papa go swear for me.. How much do teachers earn by d way?

You men spitting trash about every married woman teachin...another man wld turn ur msc daughters to teachers and u wll know how it feels.
In Africa a feminist is a woman who wants to b successful and don't want any man to spoil it for her especially because of marriage.

1000000000000000 kisses for this.

Correct babe. Your papa trained you well.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Meet Peniel, A Female Barber In Abuja / 5 Occupations That Make Most Married Women Cheat / Female Keke Driver Spotted In Enugu (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.