Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,622 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

Checkout The Bad State Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road(photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Checkout The Bad State Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road(photos) (2406 Views)

Obiano Begins Rehabilitation Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road / Bad Condition Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Way Being Washed By Erosion (Pics) / The Bad State Of The Hospital Alamieyeseigha Died In (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Checkout The Bad State Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road(photos) by sixtuschimere: 7:29pm On Aug 19, 2015
Checkout the bad state of Enugu-Onitsha express road,a popular major road that links the eastern part of Nigeria to other areas.The part of the road in the shown is around Umunya, Oyi L.G.A of Anambra State.

It is very sad that this kind of road still exists in Nigeria after many years of independence.The road is usually flooded after heavy rainfall.The government should please do something about the bad state of this road.

Re: Checkout The Bad State Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road(photos) by sixtuschimere: 7:30pm On Aug 19, 2015
More pics

Re: Checkout The Bad State Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road(photos) by hamzakito(m): 7:31pm On Aug 19, 2015
na wa for the government of that state oo... baba take note... first to comment (FTC). the guy that is goin to comment below me is Cutehector..
grin
Re: Checkout The Bad State Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road(photos) by Cutehector(m): 7:34pm On Aug 19, 2015
And senators r collecting huge sums of money..
Re: Checkout The Bad State Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road(photos) by Imortal001: 7:36pm On Aug 19, 2015
Na wa o! baba must hear this.
Re: Checkout The Bad State Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road(photos) by Horlawoomey(m): 7:38pm On Aug 19, 2015
That is terrible, this type of roads exist in almost every geopolitical zone of the country. If you ply Kwara to Kaduna via Niger in this raining season, you will know that our past leaders are wicked.

They just award contract to companies without enough supervision, things like this often arise when the main pavement get flooded anytime it rains.

2 Likes

Re: Checkout The Bad State Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road(photos) by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 19, 2015
Mehn, op I appreciate the exposure but this is the scrapped section of the four lane road. The road was scrapped during yaradua's time and had been abandoned since then

1 Like

Re: Checkout The Bad State Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road(photos) by sixtuschimere: 8:27pm On Aug 19, 2015
Cutehector:
And senators r collecting huge sums of money..
Exactly
Re: Checkout The Bad State Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road(photos) by fnep2smooth(m): 8:28pm On Aug 19, 2015
Government deceiving us since 1900
::
In other news

check out the Top10 Upcoming Artist Music Chart in Naija. upload your song for free to compete in the count down @ www.wavetop10.com
Re: Checkout The Bad State Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road(photos) by cardoctor(m): 8:30pm On Aug 19, 2015
I used to do 160 kmph on this road back in the 80s. So bad.
Re: Checkout The Bad State Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road(photos) by superstar1(m): 8:38pm On Aug 19, 2015
No wonder................

If I talk now, some bastard.s will start salivating like pavlov's dog.

2 Likes

Re: Checkout The Bad State Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road(photos) by Yeske2(m): 8:41pm On Aug 19, 2015
That road has been always like that for the past 5-6 years but if you complain here, my peeps will call me something else.
Try using old road when plying Onitsha-Enugu as that express road is up to no good.
So much from clueless Joe.
Re: Checkout The Bad State Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road(photos) by badnature: 8:52pm On Aug 19, 2015
up one nigeria,that's federal road up their.almost all the federal road in south east is in that shape and when we talk the i'll said we request too much and that's since1999

1 Like

Re: Checkout The Bad State Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road(photos) by badnature: 8:53pm On Aug 19, 2015
up one nigeria,that's federal road up their.almost all the federal road in south east is in that shape and when we talk the i'll said we request too much and that's since1999.federal government will award it but will not released the finance
Re: Checkout The Bad State Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road(photos) by natas22: 8:55pm On Aug 19, 2015
Its obvious its no more a road but a death trap may God save us
Re: Checkout The Bad State Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road(photos) by anulaxad(m): 9:07pm On Aug 19, 2015
And some of this people will still come to defend their Hero; GEJ.

By the grace of God, Buhari will eventually revamp the infrastructure.

1 Like

Re: Checkout The Bad State Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road(photos) by chudionu58(f): 9:22pm On Aug 19, 2015
anulaxad:

The problem was a technical one in proper road designs by the FMoW in Yar' adua's regime under Hassan lawal (May 2009)...they failed to adequately conduct the necessary soil tests before giving the Job to CCC and Nigercat.

In 2011, after wails and cries, the Works Ministry under Mike Onolememen commenced the redesign and subsequent reprocurement of the failed stretched of that road from Amansea (Awka) to Abakpa Junction (Enugu)

This culminated to the award of certificate of no objection in May 2014 by the BPP and the eventual approval in Dec 2014 to Messrs RCC Nigeria at the cost of 24 billion.
http://businessdayonline.com/2014/12/fg-approves-n57bn-for-rehabilitation-construction-of-roads/

I think the road is suffering from the fall in oil prices and I hope alternative funding mechanisms would be explored by the Ministry.

1 Like

Re: Checkout The Bad State Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road(photos) by lunaticfringe: 9:28pm On Aug 19, 2015
cardoctor:
But baba you nah ancient ooh...
Re: Checkout The Bad State Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road(photos) by Abagworo(m): 9:38pm On Aug 19, 2015
hamzakito:
na wa for the government of that state oo... baba take note... first to comment (FTC). the guy that is goin to comment below me is Cutehector..
grin

Part of what they got from Jonathan's wasted years. Igbos attacked every Igbo man who demanded for federal presence under Jonathan. Like I have written several times in other threads related to state of roads around Eastern part of Nigeria, apart from Owerri/Onitsha road, no road I have plied in the last 4 years was in a good condition. I stopped my biannual trip to Tinapa since 2011 because all the roads connecting Calabar to Nigeria were and are still in disarray.
Re: Checkout The Bad State Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road(photos) by Abagworo(m): 9:43pm On Aug 19, 2015
anulaxad:

Buhari should never touch any Road in Southeast
Re: Checkout The Bad State Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road(photos) by hamzakito(m): 9:46pm On Aug 19, 2015
Abagworo:

Part of what they got from Jonathan's wasted years. Igbos attacked every Igbo man who demanded for federal presence under Jonathan. Like I have written several times in other threads related to state of roads around Eastern part of Nigeria, apart from Owerri/Onitsha road, no road I have plied in the last 4 years was in a good condition. I stopped my biannual trip to Tinapa since 2011 because all the roads connecting Calabar to Nigeria were and are still in disarray.

ok
Re: Checkout The Bad State Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road(photos) by basilo101: 9:54pm On Aug 19, 2015
RCC is mountiing a construction yard at the enugu axis to replace NigerCat. Dat road too bad no be small, but dia is an alternative route, the old road which have since been reconstructed by the state governments. from umunya to onitsha is now superb, Awka section is under reconstruction with 3 flyovers by Anambra govt. dont kw if they will link it up to umunya. This is Onitsha axis of the road

Re: Checkout The Bad State Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road(photos) by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 19, 2015
I thought gej transformed the entire SE. confession time.
Re: Checkout The Bad State Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road(photos) by doctokwus: 10:21pm On Aug 19, 2015
Am so pissed to know that despite the bad state of many federal roads in the southeast and the scam of the 2nd Niger bridge,many in the southeast cud be so blinded to vote for GEJ.
More appalling is that despite those failings & now being revealed monumental heist of the national treasury,he still has some from the southeast who defend him even more than his ijaw brethren!
Re: Checkout The Bad State Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road(photos) by obailala(m): 10:23pm On Aug 19, 2015
The annoying part of this sorry situation is that this particular road was also listed and celebrated during the elections as one of the achievements of GEJ in the south east.

Up till now I cant still understand how people would lie and lie to themselves and then get to believe their own lie. Igbos lying to fellow Igbos about a development that never happened, and at the end of the day, it is fellow Igbos that get to suffer the discomfort.

May God save us!

1 Like

Re: Checkout The Bad State Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road(photos) by bakila: 10:35pm On Aug 19, 2015
Abagworo:

Buhari should never touch any Road in Southeast
WHY??
Re: Checkout The Bad State Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road(photos) by seacoast(m): 10:44pm On Aug 19, 2015
When will we get the joke in this nation? We must have bad roads na so politicians will see what to campaign with..
Senator's.. I will build roads
LG chairman.. I will build roads
States govt.. I will build roads
FG.. I will build roads
Even SUG president.. I will build roads and bridges
I rest my case
Re: Checkout The Bad State Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road(photos) by sixtuschimere: 6:47am On Aug 20, 2015
Obiagelli:
I thought gej transformed the entire SE. confession time.
lol
Re: Checkout The Bad State Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road(photos) by Nobody: 7:02am On Aug 20, 2015
cardoctor:

80s?? shocked shocked.. With what sort of car??

Pijootu 504 saloon SR ntuoyi I suppose?

I bow...you are the boss..
That was when folks used to travel to agbaenu on their CD 175s motorbikes.
Re: Checkout The Bad State Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road(photos) by Mega005(m): 7:06am On Aug 20, 2015
Is that not the biafra nation we are going.. God forbid..

Back to village, thot the place has been turned to dubai..
Re: Checkout The Bad State Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road(photos) by Pavore9: 7:06am On Aug 20, 2015
Deplorable! angry
Re: Checkout The Bad State Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road(photos) by Mega005(m): 7:11am On Aug 20, 2015
GeJ don finish this people with super project that cld be found only on paper.. 2nd niger bridge completed huh!

GEJ the greatest scammer of d SS and SE since 1800bc

(1) (2) (Reply)

FIRS Gets New Boss / Question To Yorubas/lesson To Igbos / Proudly Nigerian: 15 Year Old Nigerian Makes History In The US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.