Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,070 members, 7,821,674 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? (30197 Views)

I Want To Quit My Job And Live On My Savings / Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? / Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 20, 2015
If that is your dream? Then go ahead but be close to your God

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by fizzle19(m): 1:06pm On Aug 20, 2015
Thnks 4 d information
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by golddeejay(m): 1:07pm On Aug 20, 2015
if been wealthy is what u seek, u just have to work for urself and also make money and other people work for you. That is how those people on forbe's list do it.
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by olorunsogo1: 1:09pm On Aug 20, 2015
Without disregard to this fantastic write up.
I ask What if you are sacked? You need to consider all these too to start being your own boss? The truth is everyone must start doing something of his/her own either you are in paid employment or not.
My friend was sacked, wife is not working children are there. While we all are thinking what next for him, my friend jump started and today we are all learning from him.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by AreaFada2: 1:09pm On Aug 20, 2015
Self-employment is great but not as easy as people make it out to be. You have to be a highly optimistic can-do person or you soon find yourself regretting that you quit paid job.
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by steve308(m): 1:10pm On Aug 20, 2015
good 6 point of a successful entrepreneur
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by Boldtrust(m): 1:11pm On Aug 20, 2015
There's nothing more satisfying than being your own boss.
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by portable23: 1:11pm On Aug 20, 2015
FCT you read the story at all? Nah I don't think so
OGAJosy:
FTC for d first time.

Admin pls front page......

Dedicate dix to my friend Joseph
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by jotax(m): 1:11pm On Aug 20, 2015
Interesting!
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by funkyglitz: 1:11pm On Aug 20, 2015
Jxt curious y u shuld quit ur job cos of ur frnd...no b only u waka cm ad cm 2 tink of it u said ur frnd tok a fall 4 u ad wz fired...u reli nid 2 cm clean cos ur conscience is judging u buh on a scale of 1-5 am impressed cos its rare we ladies tkin a fall 4 our fellow ladies...kudos bae
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by AmakaDNB(f): 1:17pm On Aug 20, 2015
Good points.
Check ma signature
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by AreaFada2: 1:17pm On Aug 20, 2015
olorunsogo1:
Without disregard to this fantastic write up.
I ask What if you are sacked? You need to consider all these too to start being your own boss? The truth is everyone must start doing something of his/her own either you are in paid employment or not.
My friend was sacked, wife is not working children are there. While we all are thinking what next for him, my friend jump started and today we are all learning from him.
Being forced by sacking is quite different. Necessity is the mother of invention. Fact is as long as a decent income keeps coming in, the incentive is low. I know of someone who was flying high in a financial institution and something went wrong and had to leave job. After about a year of near depression at home, went into agriculture. He's doing really well now.
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by bamac(m): 1:17pm On Aug 20, 2015
joebeckz:
you will not find Lady F and introvert being first to comment on such thread, only on Flavour do this, chidimma did that, ladies are this, guys are that.
not bashing ooo, just an observation
na soo o.. But thank God for the moderators for this one, interesting and some of those posts that made nairaland what it is and not that kind post for lady f and and co
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 20, 2015
@ OP

I agree with you 95%. In addition to all you have said , experience is good and a prerequisite for success in business or any other live venture , however been experienced without been updated informed always spell doom to any business . And as you have rightly said too , every big idea requires big funding . The last but not the least , honesty remains the best policy in business , just as punctuality is the soul of business itself . On the flip side , Manipulation will only get one instant glory after which the manipulator lose credibility, but diplomacy is what will make one evergreen .

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by enitey(f): 1:20pm On Aug 20, 2015
So beautiful......bin giving it a serious thought
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 20, 2015
Create wealth just by helping people. Take a look at my signature to learn more.
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by joebeckz(m): 1:30pm On Aug 20, 2015
bamac:
na soo o.. But thank God for the moderators for this one, interesting and some of those posts that made nairaland what it is and not that kind post for lady f and and co

hahahaha, soon you will see them on FTP in their kind of thread, NL mods can send annoying threads to FP sha. so them de follow the trend but i wonder whether them get work?
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by uvalued(m): 1:35pm On Aug 20, 2015
noted
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by aariwa(m): 1:36pm On Aug 20, 2015
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by Gospell(m): 1:41pm On Aug 20, 2015
I JUST GRADUATED TODAY.... HOW MANY LIKES FOR ME?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by foxychev(m): 1:45pm On Aug 20, 2015
Registering your business with CAC is much easier now.
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by Princewell2012(m): 1:58pm On Aug 20, 2015
rattlesnake:
Hmnnm all my friends that quit their jobs to become 'entrepreneurs' are always still begging me for money undecided

Oma Se oooo
Yes but the day you will be fired, you will also beg from them. Life is up and down.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by bamac(m): 2:25pm On Aug 20, 2015
joebeckz:

hahahaha, soon you will see them on FTP in their kind of thread, NL mods can send annoying threads to FP sha. so them de follow the trend but i wonder whether them get work?
seun and them nose o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by babino22: 3:37pm On Aug 20, 2015
funkyglitz:
Jxt curious y u shuld quit ur job cos of ur frnd...no b only u waka cm ad cm 2 tink of it u said ur frnd tok a fall 4 u ad wz fired...u reli nid 2 cm clean cos ur conscience is judging u buh on a scale of 1-5 am impressed cos its rare we ladies tkin a fall 4 our fellow ladies...kudos bae

Effect of social media on English writing.
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by Tundenoni(m): 4:02pm On Aug 20, 2015
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by omojeesu(m): 4:10pm On Aug 20, 2015
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by chubbyz(f): 4:22pm On Aug 20, 2015
IamforGod:
Op, thank you so much for this write up!!!

I don dey shout am since dey no hear. That's ow my friend left his good paying job of 3 yrs cos of nothing. He nw sells shoes.
isn't it better for ur friend to sell shoes and b independent and free than being under one lousy boss that gives others here and there,if d boss didn't fink of being an entrepreneur how would have gotten a job?my dear read,poor and rich dad.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by IamforGod: 4:30pm On Aug 20, 2015
chubbyz:
isn't it better for ur friend to sell shoes and b independent and free than being under one lousy boss that gives others here and there,if d boss didn't fink of being an entrepreneur how would have gotten a job?my dear read,poor and rich dad.

Am sure ur nt a business person so u wnt understand.

There's something they call endurance and perseverance. Will he work there for life?

The essence of working to me is FOR EXPERIENCE and probably to save and start your own business in the future.

Am sure the boss went through all this before he became a boss. You av to go through all the struggle of being petty to become ur own boss too.

So it's better for him to sell shoes in a 1 room than to live comfortably under a saucy boss?

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by imustsaymymindo: 5:25pm On Aug 20, 2015
IamforGod:

There's something they call endurance and perseverance. Will he work there for life?

The essence of working to me is FOR EXPERIENCE and probably to save and start your own business in the future.

Am sure the boss went through all this before he became a boss. You av to go through all the struggle of being petty to become ur own boss too.

So it's better for him to sell shoes in a 1 room than to live comfortably under a saucy boss?
Bro! You really made a lot of sense! smiley
IamforGod:

Bro! You really made a lot of sense!
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by bukatyne(f): 6:22pm On Aug 20, 2015
I believe not everyone is called to be an entrepreneur.

I hear Don't build the dreams of your boss.... be your own boss.

Hmmmm...

Who helps you build your own dreams when you become a boss
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by Fhemmmy: 6:25pm On Aug 20, 2015
bukatyne:
I believe not everyone is called to be an entrepreneur.

I hear Don't build the dreams of your boss.... be your own boss.

Hmmmm...

Who helps you build your own dreams when you become a boss

Angels does everything for my people jooo . . . .Everyone wanna be the boss
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by bukatyne(f): 6:28pm On Aug 20, 2015
Fhemmmy:

Angels does everything for my people jooo . . . .Everyone wanna be the boss

Lols

Funnily, all the people called excellent in the Bible are actually subordinates

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Kogi State Civil Servant Resigned Due To Non Payment Of Salary / Picture Of A Female Mechanic On Duty In Kano / NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.