Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,853 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? (30199 Views)

I Want To Quit My Job And Live On My Savings / Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? / Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by Fhemmmy: 6:30pm On Aug 20, 2015
bukatyne:

Lols

Funnily, all the people called excellent in the Bible are actually subordinates

Even the actors MUST start as supporting cast first . . . . Many will run if they have a clue what it takes to be the owner
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 20, 2015
Everybody is not made to be self-employed, just as all are not meant to be successful in life. Whatever we become depends on our decisions, whether we fail or we succeed, one way or the other it was influenced by our choices. BUT there is GOD factor in all of this! - May19, 2015.
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by Nicepoker(m): 7:15pm On Aug 20, 2015
Post for lazy people. Op u need to research more
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by Obaf16(f): 7:39pm On Aug 20, 2015
Noted, but come to think of it the jobs r not available. I hail all d entrepreneurs in d house.
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by scentmarlc(m): 8:53pm On Aug 20, 2015
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 20, 2015
Good One.

Been self-employed is not easy, I am self-employed and at the same time I work for someone but on a contract base...

But I have plans for my business, but the little I make from the job, I use it to pay up little bills around me. Even thou, I make X5 of it from my business.

But it is still something.
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by ogianyo(m): 10:13pm On Aug 20, 2015
Much of what you wrote might be true for some people. But you ve generalised too much. I had a well paying job in the oil industry for over 25years. I opted out three years ago. I am an entrepreneur now. I run my own mining and solid mineral processing factory. All the challenges you iterated are true but what is running a company if those things were absent. It does work work out quite well for some people.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by bigx(m): 2:42am On Aug 21, 2015
You become great not by avoiding challenges, but by facing and surmounting them. No matter how long you hide as an employee after 35 years you'd be kicked out, if you keep doing the wrong things in a business no matter how long you won't see success.

There's no advantage to either but some people are more suited to one than the other.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by arimahoseloka(m): 4:37am On Aug 21, 2015
Who provides the jobs? Isn't it businesses? Business gives birth to jobs. If there are no businesses there are no jobs.
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by ajaolu(m): 5:22am On Aug 21, 2015
Great writeup, nice. Thanks.
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by nawebco(m): 7:50am On Aug 21, 2015
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by Ben1975(m): 8:59am On Aug 21, 2015
As per usual excellent post Mr Adesiji77

There are online businesses anyone can start where you don't have to leave your current job, they can be done in your spare time, with minimal to no investment but they do require commitment to growing them are not a strain on your time and budget like most offline start up bricks and mortar businesses tend to be.

Ben Ajose
Adesiji77:

http://www.punchng.com/business/am-business/should-i-quit-my-job-and-be-self-employed-2/ lalasticlala
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by Bome01(m): 9:15am On Aug 21, 2015
Excellent write-up!
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by bukatyne(f): 11:02am On Aug 21, 2015
Fhemmmy:

Even the actors MUST start as supporting cast first . . . . Many will run if they have a clue what it takes to be the owner

True
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by TOYNEX(f): 12:14pm On Sep 13, 2015

Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by eversolidus(m): 4:26pm On Nov 30, 2015
Before you quit that job be sure you know where you are heading to. I will suggest you try one of these online platform where you can make at least $5000 in a month. When you get registered and start making money then you will know whether to quit that job or not.
Follow the link below and get started now..
http://theyouthjob.com/?ref=77479
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by blessedapple: 2:17pm On Dec 01, 2015
Please quit your job ASAP
There are registered trucks available
You might be the lucky owner - Good luck!
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by Sharonose: 7:24pm On Dec 04, 2017
rattlesnake:
Hmnnm all my friends that quit their jobs to become 'entrepreneurs' are always still begging me for money undecided

Oma Se oooo
later they will be the one employing people u know...entrepreneurs it's not easy but the end is always worth it...
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by Sharonose: 7:28pm On Dec 04, 2017
Boldtrust:
There's nothing more satisfying than being your own boss.
that feeling you gets when your business is growing...
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? by GDPNIGERIA: 11:31am On Mar 13, 2018
Recruitment!!!
Good Deal Properties was established to be the new norm in the Real Estate sector of Africa with one of the best property management skills and utilizing world class real estate strategies of the 21st century. Our services includes, general estate consultancy services,including special advice on land use planning/administration, letting, leasing, sales and purchase of properties plus more.

We are recruiting to fill the position below:

Job Title: Marketing Manager
Work Experience:5year and above
Qualification:
HND/B.Sc minimum in any related discipline.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to:
gooddealpropertiesng@gmail.com
Subject should be the job title

Application Deadline 15th March, 2018.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Kogi State Civil Servant Resigned Due To Non Payment Of Salary / Picture Of A Female Mechanic On Duty In Kano / NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.