Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,361 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Professor Seeks Divorce After 46 Years Of Marriage - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Professor Seeks Divorce After 46 Years Of Marriage (623 Views)

Gang That Killed 46 People At Zamfara Burial, Arrested. Photos / Congolese Man Beats His Wife To Death After 2 Years Of Marriage (Graphic Pics) / Serial Killer Charles Manson Died After 46 Years In Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Professor Seeks Divorce After 46 Years Of Marriage by gunnykid(m): 10:17am On Aug 20, 2015
A 67-year-old university professor has dumped his wife after 46 years of marriage.On Wednesday, August 19, Benki Womboh, a professor of library and information science at Modibbo Adama University of Technology in Yola, told a court that his life was not safe and he needed to put an end to his troubled marriage.

Premium Times reports that in an affidavit, Womboh disowned his 55-year-old wife, Grace Ayoo, and six children, saying that he was fed up with the marriage.

“There was no longer any love in the marriage. There were several attempts to hold reconciliation meetings with Grace Ayoo, her children and family members but to no avail. Even a meeting convened at the instance of Grace Ayoo’s Pastor at NKST Akaajime, but she refused to attend,” he said.

Womboh confessed that he was forced out of sympathy for his late friend, Pastor Jacob Ayoo, to marry his daughter Grace in August 1969 at Makurdi.Speaking with journalists, Womboh regretted that his wife had shared the six children of the marriage and gave him only one boy.

“Grace Ayoo took away four girls and one boy (Friday Terungwa) that they were not fathered by me. And to make matters worse, she married a security man from the then Benue Cement Company (now Dangote Cement Company) and she sued me for divorce at a magistrate court at Makurdi.

“The court case was struck out because the man who married Grace Ayoo died and so she stopped attending the court,” he said.

Womboh revealed that when he and Grace were living apart, he married three other wives in “quick succession”. However, in 1999 after the death of Grace’s husband, he made a decision to take her and the five children back.

“But as a result of Grace Ayoo deserting the marriage at various times, I had to marry three other wives ‘in succession’, which means that as any one of them left he had to marry another one, because I do not want to be a bachelor at any point in time.“When Grace Ayoo was brought back in 1999, she refused to recognize these other three wives and their four children. On June 9, 2014 she invited me to her residence at Gboko and dictated new marital terms to me as follows: ‘’Drive away the other three wives,’’ the professor said.

Womboh said that his wife threatened to leave him with their six children if he failed to comply with her demand. The concerned father regretted that his children, whose ages range from 36-46, had refused to help him and call their mother to order.

“The said children, either by means of a devilish spell or covenant, have become so gullible that whatsoever their mother says, they accept hook, line and sinker,” he added.

Re: Professor Seeks Divorce After 46 Years Of Marriage by deadZONE: 10:18am On Aug 20, 2015
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Professor Seeks Divorce After 46 Years Of Marriage by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 20, 2015
I can tell u d marriage was a mistake in d first place. Profs are not meant to marry, partner that should be it.
Re: Professor Seeks Divorce After 46 Years Of Marriage by jideprof: 10:20am On Aug 20, 2015
how is the price of fuel affected? angry
Re: Professor Seeks Divorce After 46 Years Of Marriage by Eziboi: 10:55am On Aug 20, 2015
lmao
Re: Professor Seeks Divorce After 46 Years Of Marriage by trilobite: 11:33am On Aug 20, 2015
Womboh of all people?!! Na wa oh!!! Since 1969?

Know a lot of his mates that have decided to die in their bondage.

Better late than never.
Re: Professor Seeks Divorce After 46 Years Of Marriage by felajazz(m): 11:36am On Aug 20, 2015
Eleyi. O gidi gan o

(1) (Reply)

33-yr-old Man Commits Suicide In Ondo Over Job Loss / ASP Led Land Grabbers To Kill My Son--father / 42 Days After Festac Businessman Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.