Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,232 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

Everyone On Campus Knew She Had Been Raped... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Everyone On Campus Knew She Had Been Raped... (3363 Views)

Male Staff Of ABU, Zaria Backing His Baby On Campus (Photo) / My Marriage Was A Mistake, If I Knew She Was Like That, I Won’t Have Married Her / If You're A Guy And Have Ever Been Raped, Get In Here And Share Your Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Everyone On Campus Knew She Had Been Raped... by amazingirl: 11:44am On Aug 20, 2015
Some years ago I heard the story of a student on my University campus who was abducted and raped several times by a man I can only describe as a deranged sociopath. He was said to have released her after many hours. When she staggered out of his dorm room she was a mess. Those who found her rushed her to the hospital. Her friends had been searching for her for some time and had alerted her parents.

The story made it round campus. Those who didn't know her kept asking for descriptive detail on who she was, what level and department she was in. Most of us females were infuriated by the story and we heaped heavy curses on the guy who had done such an evil thing. Everyone however was deliberating on whether or not the lady would have the courage to return to school seeing as everyone now knew the story

The case was reported to the police and investigated. Whether or not the guy was found I honestly don't remember.

The lady however returned to school several weeks after the incident. She attended classes again with all the people who knew her story. Many people felt sorry for her, a few whispered but most only stared while she wasn't looking. Given the nature of school environments, events eventually overtook other events and it was no longer the most talked about story on campus.

One thing I do know is she was an inspiration to my friends and I. No doubt she would have had to deal with a lot of pain beneath it all but we all were so impressed at how she would return to her daily activities and act normal again. Then again I think about it and of course she needed to be normal again. And in being normal, to me she became an icon and a lesson I would never forget.

Shame and stigma have kept too many women silent. While you shouldn't wear your heart on a sleeve. Women need to learn to fight when it is required.

www.atinuke.com.ng

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Everyone On Campus Knew She Had Been Raped... by Cutehector(m): 11:46am On Aug 20, 2015
I luve her courage...

1 Like

Re: Everyone On Campus Knew She Had Been Raped... by Nobody: 11:48am On Aug 20, 2015
i know plenty of girls who would just visit a total stranger..
the guy might want to phuck and you'd probably start giving him excuses......at that point what are you asking for?

only you carry your two legs waka go him house o.....nonsense!
Re: Everyone On Campus Knew She Had Been Raped... by mutter(f): 11:53am On Aug 20, 2015
DDeliverer:
the guy might want to phuck and you'd probably start giving him excuses......at that point what are you asking for?

SHAME ON YOU

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Everyone On Campus Knew She Had Been Raped... by mutter(f): 11:55am On Aug 20, 2015
DDeliverer:

She may appear normal on the outside but only God knows what is going g on inside. No one can take away the pan.
Sad that it is the victim that gets punished by the society.

7 Likes

Re: Everyone On Campus Knew She Had Been Raped... by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 20, 2015
mutter:

SHAME ON YOU

you are guilty kwo....you will travel from calabar to lagos to meet a guy you met on facebook and when he rapes you, you will come here and start looking for sympathy....mugu!

1 Like

Re: Everyone On Campus Knew She Had Been Raped... by atynu: 12:04pm On Aug 20, 2015
DDeliverer:

you are guilty kwo....you will travel from calabar to lagos to meet a guy you met on facebook and when he rapes you, you will come here and start looking for sympathy....mugu!

Dear Deliverer, make no mistakes, there is no excuse for rape. No means no. A man is expected to be able to control his desires anything short of that is an animalistic behavior. If your point is valid then trust is dead and every man must be regarded as a potential rapist. #thatincludesyou

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Everyone On Campus Knew She Had Been Raped... by thorpido(m): 12:06pm On Aug 20, 2015
DDeliverer:

I don't agree with you that a girl should be raped because she visited a guy but girls should stop visiting guys they do not have plans to get intimate with.
Keep your associations limited to lecture rooms.

@Op,i salute the girls courage.Life must go on.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Everyone On Campus Knew She Had Been Raped... by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 20, 2015
atynu:

Dear Mutter, make no mistakes, there is no excuse for rape. No means no. A man is expected to be able to control his desires anything short of that is an animalistic behavior. If your point is valid then trust is dead and every man must be regarded as a potential rapist. #thatincludesyou

WHILE WE CRUCIFY RAPISTS......LET US RESERVE SOME NAILS FOR THE FOOLISH GIRLS OUT THERE...

A woman is expected to know whom she visits anything short of that is a stupidity that deserves no pity.

Trust has limits atynu, trust has limits.
Re: Everyone On Campus Knew She Had Been Raped... by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 20, 2015
thorpido:
I don't agree with you that a girl should be raped because she visited a guy but girls should stop visiting guys they do not have plans to get intimate with.
Keep your associations limited to lecture rooms.

@Op,i salute the girls courage.Life must go on.

you totally misunderstood my point..

i didn't say a girl should be raped for visiting a guy she doesn't know too well....I'm saying peradventure she's raped, 80% of the blame is hers....and she should not come here to seek pity..
Re: Everyone On Campus Knew She Had Been Raped... by atynu: 12:15pm On Aug 20, 2015
A woman owes it to herself to be wise in her associations, you are absolutely right. Some don't know better though. And the rapists of such women must be crucified regardless.

She may be stupid but she doesn't deserve to be raped.

My two cents.

7 Likes

Re: Everyone On Campus Knew She Had Been Raped... by thorpido(m): 12:24pm On Aug 20, 2015
DDeliverer:

i didn't say a girl should be raped for visiting a guy she doesn't know too well....I'm saying peradventure she's raped, 80% of the blame is hers....and she should not come here to seek pity..
I understood you quite well and that was where i added the last part of my statement that girls should not visit guys they do not plan to have intimate relationships with.
Re: Everyone On Campus Knew She Had Been Raped... by Feranchek(m): 1:01pm On Aug 20, 2015
mutter:

SHAME ON YOU

If the dude lied in his comment, please point it out. If he made a fact, I guess it is more shame on you cos he seemed to have said something you've done before, something you're bout to do again, and something you'll do again and again, unless it HITS you hard before you learn
Re: Everyone On Campus Knew She Had Been Raped... by mutter(f): 2:22pm On Aug 20, 2015
Feranchek
You and deliverer and anyone that thinks like you both ought to be ashamed of themselves.
Rape is a criminal offence and a serious one at that. There can be no justification.
If a girl visits you that does not justify you raping her.

As for your insults.. I take them with grace...
From the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

I have had male friends since I was a child and most of them have remained my very good friends till date. We have very good friendships and they never laid a finger on me with or without my consent. Platonic friendships between the opposite sex do exist and today our kid`s play with one another and visit one another.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Everyone On Campus Knew She Had Been Raped... by Feranchek(m): 3:55pm On Aug 20, 2015
mutter:
Feranchek
You and deliverer and anyone that thinks like you both ought to be ashamed of themselves.
Rape is a criminal offence and a serious one at that. There can be no justification.
If a girl visits you that does not justify you raping her.

As for your insults.. I take them with grace...
From the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

I have had male friends since I was a child and most of them have remained my very good friends till date. We have very good friendships and they never laid a finger on me with or without my consent. Platonic friendships between the opposite sex do exist and today our kid`s play with one another and visit one another.

Insult I never intended such. And I'm not trynna justify rape either. You have a point actually, and it'll be immature of me to start an argument.

1 Like

Re: Everyone On Campus Knew She Had Been Raped... by cococandy(f): 4:35am On Aug 21, 2015
DDeliverer:

Are you aware that many rapes were committed by people who knew the victims? In many cases, they are hardly strangers.

If a girl has 80% of the blame because she was the one who went to visit the guy in question, then Like someone said, you're telling us to never trust men. To consider all of you or at least most of you as rapists.

If one can't be friendly with a guy without being blamed when he decides to behave like an animal, what's the motive to continue?

You're going to say the solution is to not visit strange guys. Then I tell you again that many times the rapist isn't a strange fellow. What say you then? That we should keep all of them at arms length because any of them can turn out to be a rapist and we would be blamed for it?

Be careful what you preach dude.

9 Likes

Re: Everyone On Campus Knew She Had Been Raped... by eyinjuege: 5:40am On Aug 21, 2015
Majority of rape victims are raped by people they know. Until we all stop being judgemental, and give support to victims instead of even blaming them it will continue.
It's so sad some men lack the self control, and still try to justify rape. Oh, she wears skimpy clothes, oh she's too full of herself, etc. We seem to have forgotten our forefathers were practically naked, and rape was frowned upon. Any culprit was shamed and dealt with, some places still have their women wearing no clothes with their boobs all exposed (is it in Togo or cotonou?) Yet rape incidences are not common and no one dares blame the victim and perpetrators of such barbarism are dealt with by their society.
I think rape should carry a much stricter and severe penalty so that perpetrators will think twice about ruining even their own lives before doing it.

3 Likes

Re: Everyone On Campus Knew She Had Been Raped... by teddybear007(f): 10:25am On Aug 21, 2015
D victims is always blamed especially wen it is a girl. Rape should never be condoned irrespective of d circumstance. Gracias.

1 Like

Re: Everyone On Campus Knew She Had Been Raped... by Ngokafor(f): 10:43am On Aug 21, 2015
thorpido:
I understood you quite well and that was where i added the last part of my statement that girls should not visit guys they do not plan to have intimate relationships with.

...So a girl visiting a male should be ready to sleep with the guy..or face the consequences of rape i suppose ..I am surprised to read this from you honestly,what a tragedy. cry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Everyone On Campus Knew She Had Been Raped... by Rukkydelta(f): 10:52am On Aug 21, 2015
She may seems strong on the outside but deep down there the pain remains Time can only heal the wound but not the scar

1 Like

Re: Everyone On Campus Knew She Had Been Raped... by thorpido(m): 10:56am On Aug 21, 2015
Ngokafor:

...So a girl visiting a male should be ready to sleep with the guy..or face the consequences of rape i suppose ..I am surprised to read this from you honestly,what a tragedy. cry

Is that what you understood by that statement?
Let me re-write it for you.

If you do not have intentions of having more than a platonic relationship with a guy,limit your associations to public places.You can meet at the parks,classrooms etc.It's a precaution!

I hope you understand this above.

I never said or implied 'face the consequences of rape' as you misunderstood it.Did you read my first post above?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Everyone On Campus Knew She Had Been Raped... by misspicy(f): 11:15am On Aug 21, 2015
I have refused and will continue to refuse to indulge some NL guys like naijaboiy in arguments surrounding rape,because some of them are rapists or potential rapist,who will continue blaming the rape victims until there own sisters are raped......and personally I dnt visit male friend...nah nah nah,prevention is beta dan cure

3 Likes

Re: Everyone On Campus Knew She Had Been Raped... by naijaboiy: 7:04pm On Aug 21, 2015
misspicy:
I have refused and will continue to refuse to indulge some NL guys like naijaboiy in arguments surrounding rape,because some of them are rapists or potential rapist,who will continue blaming the rape victims until there own sisters are raped......and personally I dnt visit male friend...nah nah nah,prevention is beta dan cure
it is very obvious you are a stùpid female dog with the IQ of cockroach.

What right do you have to mention my moniker and tag me in this hogwash?

Do not ever try it in your NL life again.

It is your father,,brother and every male relative in your imbecilic family who are rapists and potential rapists. And they have all raped you,,your mother and every silly female relative in your Godforsaken family.

And you all will continue to be raped till death.

Silly dyslexic bìtch mentioning me just to get my attention.

Don't ever try it in your wretched and miserable life again.

Nonsense! undecided
Re: Everyone On Campus Knew She Had Been Raped... by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 21, 2015
[size=37pt] EPIC

#YOLO [/size]
Re: Everyone On Campus Knew She Had Been Raped... by Captainswag225(m): 7:33pm On Aug 21, 2015
she's a brave lady. I think society also have to help raped victims overcome their nightmares by encouraging them and not whispering behind them and pointing fingers at them

3 Likes

Re: Everyone On Campus Knew She Had Been Raped... by vizkiz: 7:40pm On Aug 21, 2015
naijaboiy:

it is very obvious you are a stùpid female dog with the IQ of cockroach.

What right do you have to mention my moniker and tag me in this hogwash?

Do not ever try it in your NL life again.

It is your father,,brother and every male relative in your imbecilic family who are rapists and potential rapists. And they have all raped you,,your mother and every silly female relative in your Godforsaken family.

And you all will continue to be raped till death.

Silly dyslexic bìtch mentioning me just to get my attention.

Don't ever try it in your wretched and miserable life again.

Nonsense! undecided

this guy don vex shocked
Re: Everyone On Campus Knew She Had Been Raped... by naijaboiy: 8:01pm On Aug 21, 2015
vizkiz:

this guy don vex shocked
Oga shey the thing no reach me vex?

When some silly female idióts no wan get sense. undecided
Re: Everyone On Campus Knew She Had Been Raped... by vizkiz: 8:22pm On Aug 21, 2015
naijaboiy:

Oga shey the thing no reach me vex?

When some silly female idióts no wan get sense. undecided

you suppose understand say she dey try find your attention na...she wan toast you with style na. grin
Re: Everyone On Campus Knew She Had Been Raped... by naijaboiy: 8:28pm On Aug 21, 2015
vizkiz:

you suppose understand say she dey try find your attention na...she wan toast you with style na. grin
So na for her to come dey tag me rapist abi? undecided

Na her papa be rapist. angry
Re: Everyone On Campus Knew She Had Been Raped... by vizkiz: 8:35pm On Aug 21, 2015
naijaboiy:

So na for her to come dey tag me rapist abi? undecided

Na her papa be rapist. angry

lwkmd! grin grin

chill...she never meant it, she is sorry grin

Oyah, misspicy, on your kneels and appologise for your silly act undecided
Re: Everyone On Campus Knew She Had Been Raped... by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 21, 2015
At least it wasn't thjat everybody in d vampus knew her as a runz girl.
Re: Everyone On Campus Knew She Had Been Raped... by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 22, 2015
DDeliverer:

So because I'm rich and drive a Ferrari Its 80℅ my fault that I am robbed? Why do you justify evil? So if another guy finds you attractive and decides to rape your ass, I will be here to say its your fault.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Have You Ever Dated A Lady Dat Attract Goodluck? / How Supportive Is Your Husband At Home? / Why Do People Think Am Proud?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.