Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,720 members, 7,816,964 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. (138913 Views)

Successful Nigeria Immigration Service Applicants: Share Your Experience / Apply For 2017 Chevening Scholarship For Masters Studies In The United Kingdom / 2016 CHEVENING MSC SCHOLARSHIPS IN UK UNIVERSITIES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Triplebsmog: 6:22pm On Nov 06, 2015
Hello All,
Anyone got any feedback yet...
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Stevostical(m): 9:41pm On Nov 06, 2015
Triplebsmog:
Hello All,
At all, guess that would be starting from tomorrow or Monday as they just closed the application portal today cos of the extension given to those having slight problem submitting their application.

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by s3nn2x(m): 11:46pm On Nov 06, 2015
Triplebsmog:
Hello All,
Feedback this soon?

I thought I read somewhere that the interview would be around February next year.
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Triplebsmog: 11:49pm On Nov 06, 2015
I saw this on the website;

Due to the large number of applications received, we are unable to provide individual application status updates or feedback to unsuccessful applicants. Please do not contact your British Embassy or High Commission with application enquiries.
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Stevostical(m): 12:17am On Nov 07, 2015
Triplebsmog:
I saw this on the website;

Due to the large number of applications received, we are unable to provide individual application status updates or feedback to unsuccessful applicants. Please do not contact your British Embassy or High Commission with application enquiries.
Chineke mu eh, it is well sha, provided we filled our form well, most people they send regret email by this period are those that have less than 2800 hrs of working experience.
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by ProudOlodo: 11:27am On Nov 07, 2015
Stevostical:
Chineke mu eh, it is well sha, provided we filled our form well, most people they send regret email by this period are those that have less than 2800 hrs of working experience.

Lol. I think the eligibility criteria is what they'll be checking now before the Reading Committee part kicks in. And that will be some time around December - January

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by soulhighman(m): 5:49pm On Nov 10, 2015
For the second year in a row, the number of scholarship applications received by Chevening has broken the previous record.

More than 40,000 applications have been received this year, from more than 160 countries and territories.

The sharp rise in applications also coincides with an increase in the number of scholarships supported by partners in 2015; 404, compared to 226 in 2014.

With all applications received, the Secretariat, liasing with British Embassies and High Commissions from across the globe, will begin the long process of assessing the applications, before welcoming the chosen few at the start of the 2016/2017 academic year.

Michael Scott-Kline, Director of Chevening Secretariat, was extremely happy with the volume of applications received.

'I'm delighted that a record number have applied to study at our world-renowned academic institutions via the Chevening Programme. With an enormous amount of talent to choose from, our 2016/2017 cohort is certain to be our most diverse and impressive yet.'
That is what I read from their website.

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by s3nn2x(m): 9:07pm On Nov 10, 2015
Hopeful...
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Nobody: 6:41am On Nov 14, 2015
After the application closing date which was Nov 3, 2015. Chevening will get back to you as regards the success or regret of your application to be taken to further stage.

Has any one got a mail on APPLICATION UPDATE
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Nobody: 6:43am On Nov 14, 2015
s3nn2x:

Feedback this soon?

I thought I read somewhere that the interview would be around February next year.

Feedback is always 1week or 2 weeks.....if successful, you will be called around February, but if regret you will not be called.....That is how it is done.
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Nobody: 6:46am On Nov 14, 2015
Thank you for your recent application for a 2015-2016 Chevening Award. We regret to inform you that we will not be taking your application any further on this occasion, as you have not met the minimum work experience requirement.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the interest you have shown in the Chevening programme, and wish you every success in the future. You are welcome to reapply for a Chevening Award next year, please check our website  for further information and to sign up for alerts through your country page.

THIS IS FOR LAST YEAR.......ANY UPDATE ON SUCCESS?
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by soulhighman(m): 7:10am On Nov 14, 2015
This is the mail I got from them this morning.
Dear xxxxxxx

Thank you for your continued interested in the Chevening programme.

We are writing to let you know that you can now upload supporting documentation to your Chevening application. You can upload the following (optional) documents:

Transcripts or certificates for your undergraduate degree and postgraduate degree (if applicable).
UK university offers that you have received
Results of your English language test
A copy of your passport photo page or national ID card

Applicants can upload supporting documents at any time during the Chevening selection process. To upload documents please log in to your Application Centre and select the button which corresponds to the document you wish to upload. Please remember that supporting documents must be in pdf format and a maximum of 5MB in size.

Your application is currently being reviewed, please regularly log back into your Application Centre for updates on your application.

Kind regards,
The Chevening Secretariat
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 14, 2015
soulhighman:
This is the mail I got from them this morning.
Dear xxxxxxx

Thank you for your continued interested in the Chevening programme.

We are writing to let you know that you can now upload supporting documentation to your Chevening application. You can upload the following (optional) documents:

Transcripts or certificates for your undergraduate degree and postgraduate degree (if applicable).
UK university offers that you have received
Results of your English language test
A copy of your passport photo page or national ID card

Applicants can upload supporting documents at any time during the Chevening selection process. To upload documents please log in to your Application Centre and select the button which corresponds to the document you wish to upload. Please remember that supporting documents must be in pdf format and a maximum of 5MB in size.

Your application is currently being reviewed, please regularly log back into your Application Centre for updates on your application.

Kind regards,
The Chevening Secretariat

IT MEANS; YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN TAKEN SERIOUSLY AND WILL BE CALLED FOR AN INTERVIEW.

CONGRATS.......
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by walerush: 9:38am On Nov 14, 2015
I got the same message this morning. Let's keep hoping for the best
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by ignis: 10:32am On Nov 14, 2015
I got thesame message, but I neither have English language test nor any admission. ..... Hope am safe.
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Nobody: 10:42am On Nov 14, 2015
Choi I never get any email o,deriz god o
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by soulhighman(m): 10:49am On Nov 14, 2015
5555K:

IT MEANS; YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN TAKEN SERIOUSLY AND WILL BE CALLED FOR AN INTERVIEW.

CONGRATS.......
I pray so. Thanks
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by soulhighman(m): 10:51am On Nov 14, 2015
ignis:
I got thesame message, but I neither have English language test nor any admission. ..... Hope am safe.
Sure you are. You still have till July 14, 2016 to do that. However, start the processing now.
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by soulhighman(m): 10:51am On Nov 14, 2015
Did anyone here apply for molecular Biology, or biotechnology?
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by ProudOlodo: 10:58am On Nov 14, 2015
soulhighman:
Did anyone here apply for molecular Biology, or biotechnology?

Yea...something like that
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by ProudOlodo: 11:01am On Nov 14, 2015
ignis:

And if u suspect admission is nt forthcoming from ur selected institutions, u may try other ones and discuss a change of institutions if u're eventually invited for an interview
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by soulhighman(m): 11:09am On Nov 14, 2015
ProudOlodo:

Yea...something like that
I thought you said you applied for infectious diseases.
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by s3nn2x(m): 11:26am On Nov 14, 2015
5555K:

Feedback is always 1week or 2 weeks.....if successful, you will be called around February, but if regret you will not be called.....That is how it is done.
Well, I got a mail this morning telling me that I can upload supporting documents like University choice, English Language and Transcript. I was also informed that my application is being processed and I should regularly check the Application Centre for updates. Is this the feedback?
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 14, 2015
ignis:

You are safe but just get them before july 14....or so....
I had advise you register for ur english test now to write before Feb atleast.
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 14, 2015
agalamanyi:

Pray!....Emails from next week needs prayer
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 14, 2015
s3nn2x:

Well, I got a mail this morning telling me that I can upload supporting documents like University choice, English Language and Transcript. I was also informed that my application is being processed and I should regularly check the Application Centre for updates. Is this the feedback?

PHASE 1.........YES

NOW LOOKING AT YOUR ESSAYS.....#Reading Panel#
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Stevostical(m): 12:02pm On Nov 14, 2015
5555K:

PHASE 1.........YES

NOW LOOKING AT YOUR ESSAYS.....#Reading Panel#
This is the only answer to the reason they sent us that message, it means we met their minimum eligibility requirements and our application is now been read by the panel of judges, if successful which I pray it will be, then we will be shortlisted for the February/April interview.
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Drkul(f): 12:07pm On Nov 14, 2015
ignis:
I also don't have the English test
You could mail the schools to know wassup. There are some schools you reeally need to disturb before they hurry with your applications, and some that won't process your application without certificate/ transcript or scan copy of your passport
If you don't mind, what's the name of the schools.
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Drkul(f): 12:15pm On Nov 14, 2015
agalamanyi:
Hello, hope you have rcvd the mail. Check your messages carefully
Cheers
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by CarterIV: 12:35pm On Nov 14, 2015
Me no see mail ooo tho if unsuccessful dy will send regret... I'll assume it's in batches
Drkul:
Hello, hope you have rcvd the mail. Check your messages carefully
Cheers
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by ignis: 12:45pm On Nov 14, 2015
Drkul:

I also don't have the English test
You could mail the schools to know wassup. There are some schools you reeally need to disturb before they hurry with your applications, and some that won't process your application without certificate/ transcript or scan copy of your passport
If you don't mind, what's the name of the schools.
Am yet to apply to any school.
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by s3nn2x(m): 1:05pm On Nov 14, 2015
ignis:
Am yet to apply to any school.
Why?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply)

Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies / Ten Tough Interview Questions And Ten Great Answers / FAAN RECRUITMENT EXERCISE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.