Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,222 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking (5361 Views)

Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" / What Christians Say When They Are Losing Arguments (For Atheists) / Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 09, 2015
vooks:

Bros, it's been a month, please ge on it and step on them toes. Truth liberates but may be painful at times

l have been busy lately.
i got most of these materials from e-books my pastor wrote and i add to it from personal study.

it is on our church media's website.
www.livingwordmedia.org

you will see the e-book folder about 16 books for free.
get it and read on.
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by vooks: 6:17pm On Oct 09, 2015
sportsmaster:

l have been busy lately.
i got most of these materials from e-books my pastor wrote and i add to it from personal study.

it is on our church media's website.
www.livingwordmedia.org

you will see the e-book folder about 16 books for free.
get it and read on.
Ok, Ok, make time
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by BeigJawnson(m): 11:42am On Sep 10, 2023
Get ready to renew your minds as i will debunk some un-scriptural statements we say without checking the scriptures.

WHEN PRAISES GO UP,THE BLESSINGS COME DOWN
No new testament scripture supports this,as thanksgiving isn't a pre-condition for God's blessings rather it's our ceaseless attitude to our Father's unconditional blessings.

2Cor 2:14 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

2Cor 9:15 Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.

1Th 5:18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Giving thanks isn't a gift to God for blessings but a response to his blessings;no bribery intended!

I GAVE MY LIFE TO CHRIST

This term is often used for salvation but we hardly ever bothered to know that in scriptures,it wasn't used for salvation.to give your life to the Lord was used ONCE in the Epistles.

2Co 8:5 And this they did, not as we hoped, but first gave their own selves to the Lord, and unto us by the will of God.
it was used for service/commitment and not for salvation. Salvation is to receive,God does the giving in Christ Jesus.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Act 8:14 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:

SAMARIA RECIEVED NOT GAVE.

Rom 5:17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

you recieve a gift,its not an exchange.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Our part is to receive not give.It's not of works.

lemme Pause for now,there are still many to come,i need your comments and views.

Cc vooks,WinsomeX,Joagbaje,
Gombs,olaadegbu,jagoon,gabazin080,
bingbagbo,An2elect,scholar8200,Great0,winner01,KingEbukasBlog,nynbrada,NumberOne3,NumberOne2,
annyplenty,malvisguy212,italo,soye3,starlingslimnet,Ebi4life,jcross19,effie03,ProphetUdeme,angieberry,Muttleylaff,Barnabaseloka,Lateralmaths,vfactor,tallesty1,obillyj,
undabridge,marvelito,Tjayjosh,jiggaz,ayoku777

If you say "GIVING MY LIFE TO CHRIST" is wrong then you are wrong. Though the statement may not be in the bible never means it is wrong. When one give his or her life to Christ, then that means the person has given Christ the charge to control the affairs of his or her life through the salvation Jesus Christ brought to mankind... For example, I have a car, and I give that same car to you. You will become the full owner and full controller..

If smoking cigarettes is a sin as a christain, then show me where it is written in the bible that," THOU SHALL NOT SMOKE CIGARETTE"
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by BeigJawnson(m): 11:57am On Sep 10, 2023

GIVERS NEVER LACK

Really?it's usually said to encourage people to give with the idea that those who don't lack are that way because they give.

Have you checked Luke12:16,20-21

Luke 12:16 And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully:
Luke 12:20 But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?
Luke 12:21 So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.

Also

Luke 16:19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
Luke 16:20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
Luke 16:21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

He wasn't giver.

Also

Mark 10:21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.
Mark 10:22 And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.

He sure wasn't a giver.

1Tim 6:17 Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;
1Tim 6:18 That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate;

These guys were already rich but were just been taught to give and show good works!.

Let's check some givers;

-Paul
Act 20:34 Yea, ye yourselves know, that these hands have ministered unto my necessities, and to them that were with me. He had neccesities,which he supplied by working with his hands not via sowing seeds.
Phillipians4:11-12,14

Php 4:11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
Php 4:12 I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
Php 4:14 Notwithstanding ye have well done, that ye did communicate with my affliction.

Paul lacked! And other believers met his needs.

-The church is Macedonia

2Co 8:1 Moreover, brethren, we do you to wit of the grace of God bestowed on the churches of Macedonia;
2Co 8:2 How that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their liberality.
2Co 8:3 For to their power, I bear record, yea, and beyond their power they were willing of themselves;

Givers but yet had deep povery.

-Church in Jerusalem were Givers.

Act 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
Act 4:34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,

Act 11:28 And there stood up one of them named Agabus, and signified by the Spirit that there should be great dearth throughout all the world: which came to pass in the days of Claudius Caesar.
Act 11:29 Then the disciples, every man according to his ability, determined to send relief unto the brethren which dwelt in Judaea:
Rom 15:26 For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem.

Note:Ensure you read through before acting "voltron" for your pet doctrines! Givers do experience sufficiency and lack!Nothing is wrong with your faith or giving if you experience lack,at times its carelessness, lack of opportuinity, location, economy of country, foolishness, career path etc.!

So,give without your selfish motives being the motivation. Keep giving and keep trusting in the living God to meet your needs not because you gave but because He is your Father!

Php 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Clear?

Grace to You!

This is where the statement comes from...

Deuteronomy 15:10 Thou shalt surely give him, and thine heart shall not be grieved when thou givest unto him: because that for this thing the Lord thy God shall bless thee in all thy works, and in all that thou puttest thine hand unto.
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by BeigJawnson(m): 12:13pm On Sep 10, 2023

So your giving is not a ticket to God's blessing. i explained it clearly in the Post about Giving,You did not read through it well.
?

I won't say you have a big problem. If you say giving is not a ticket to God's blessing, then you have problem.

Even the Muslims believe that giving is a ticket to God's blessings. So what are you saying?

Then what can you say about this verse?

Deuteronomy 15:10 Thou shalt surely give him, and thine heart shall not be grieved when thou givest unto him: because that for this thing the Lord thy God shall bless thee in all thy works, and in all that thou puttest thine hand unto.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are Atheists/agnostics Viewed So Vilely / mm / Iyin Ye, Olorun Wa, Oba To Ngbo Adura, Ogo Ye, Olorun, Oba To Ngbo Adura

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.