Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,616 members, 7,955,269 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:03 PM

Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking (5614 Views)

Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" / What Christians Say When They Are Losing Arguments (For Atheists) / Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by jcross19: 7:58pm On Aug 28, 2015
sportsmaster:

the fact his we had nothing to give in the first place.
We were spiritually dead before Christ gave us LIFE.
Maybe you missed the context i was talking about.
I was talking in context of SALVATION,
you are the one that don't understand it here. Remember he said it in one place that we never choose him but he chose us can you see that but still there is no mistake in saying "give your like to christ" simply means let jesus make use of you, willing submission to will of God/jesus. in those quotations about receiving the words mean they accepted jesus as their lord and saviour simply mean giving their life to christ because now they will be submitted to the will of christ. Don't be confused by the figurative words used in the bible.
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 28, 2015
jcross19:
you are the one that don't understand it here. Remember he said it in one place that we never choose him but he chose us can you see that but still there is no mistake in saying "give your like to christ" simply means let jesus make use of you, willing submission to will of God/jesus. in those quotations about receiving the words mean they accepted jesus as their lord and saviour simply mean giving their life to christ because now they will be submitted to the will of christ. Don't be confused by the figurative words used in the bible.

Dont mistake Consecration with Salvation.
At salvation all you did is receive life,you receive the life of Christ.
You were spiritually dead before Christ gave you life
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by Gombs(m): 11:16pm On Aug 28, 2015
sportsmaster:

So, receiving Christ into my life is totally and completely different from giving my life/heart to Christ?

A Yes or No would be just fine.
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by Nobody: 12:33am On Aug 29, 2015
Gombs:

So, receiving Christ into my life is totally and completely different from giving my life/heart to Christ?

A Yes or No would be just fine.
Yes.
Scriptures emphasizes we receiving from Christ.
Read from the Four Gospels to the Epistles.
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by Gombs(m): 1:25am On Aug 29, 2015
sportsmaster:

Yes.
Scriptures emphasizes we receiving from Christ.
Read from the Four Gospels to the Epistles.

Explain the difference
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by Nobody: 1:29am On Aug 29, 2015
Gombs:

Explain the difference
i thought you were a bible Guy. I dont really have enough time and strength to type. I explained it in the OP. go and read it .
Giving your life to Christ was used only once in scripture. I explained there.
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by Gombs(m): 1:35am On Aug 29, 2015
sportsmaster:

i thought you were a bible Guy.

grin

I dont really have enough time and strength to type.

Yeah, right. grin grin grin

I explained it in the OP.

grin grin grin

go and read it .

grin grin grin

Giving your life to Christ was used only once in scripture.

Simple explain the difference, you're here speaking grammar, hiding your ineptitude.

I explained there.

grin grin grin
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by jcross19: 7:57am On Aug 29, 2015
sportsmaster:

what I see here is the confusion of figurative words used in the bible.
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 29, 2015
jcross19:
what I see here is the confusion of figurative words used in the bible.
maybe you should scriptures to back-up the fact that you gave your life Christ.
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by jcross19: 10:56am On Aug 29, 2015
sportsmaster:

maybe you should scriptures to back-up the fact that you gave your life Christ.
gave your life to christ is thesame as submission to christ , is a simple phrase.

1 Like

Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 29, 2015
jcross19:
gave your life to christ is thesame as submission to christ , is a simple phrase.

i said quote scriptures not Phrases.
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by jcross19: 12:12pm On Aug 29, 2015
sportsmaster:

i said quote scriptures not Phrases.
see jesus gave us a scope that says he will send us a comforter that will teach us what he did not teach us as far the teaching don't deny the holy birth or his resurrection or support sins.
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 29, 2015
jcross19:
see jesus gave us a scope that says he will send us a comforter that will teach us what he did not teach us as far the teaching don't deny the holy birth or his resurrection or support sins.

Give scriptures not Phrases.
Quote scriptures that shows that you gave your life to Christ.

I can quote over 20 scriptures that shows that Christ gave us Life or we received from Christ.
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by jcross19: 7:59pm On Aug 29, 2015
sportsmaster:

Give scriptures not Phrases.
Quote scriptures that shows that you gave your life to Christ.

I can quote over 20 scriptures that shows that Christ gave us Life or we received from Christ.
I know your problem, you don't have to give your life to christ okay. Thank you.
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by Nobody: 11:36pm On Aug 29, 2015
jcross19:
I know your problem, you don't have to give your life to christ okay. Thank you.
I dint give anything I received Everything in Christ.

Salvation.redemption,sanctification,righteousness,Holiness,Godliness,the Spirit,Gift of the Spirit,Fruits of the Spirit,Ministry of reconcilation,Power of all God.

God gave everything in Christ,all i did was receive

I am a BENEFICIARY of all the blessings of God which he shed abundantly through Christ..
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by Nobody: 11:37pm On Aug 29, 2015
cc winner01,malvisguy,jiggaz.jagoon
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by jcross19: 12:23pm On Aug 30, 2015
sportsmaster:

I dint give anything I received Everything in Christ.

Salvation.redemption,sanctification,righteousness,Holiness,Godliness,the Spirit,Gift of the Spirit,Fruits of the Spirit,Ministry of reconcilation,Power of all God.

God gave everything in Christ,all i did was receive

I am a BENEFICIARY of all the blessings of God which he shed abundantly through Christ..
you can't received until your offer yourself to him. Before in the old time no one receive until they give out. Even jesus says you will loose your life before you gain it. Try to understand the word of God.
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 30, 2015
jcross19:
you can't received until your offer yourself to him. Before in the old time no one receive until they give out. Even jesus says you will loose your life before you gain it. Try to understand the word of God.

you never offered yourself to him.
did you read that "No man can say Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Ghost"
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by jcross19: 6:21pm On Aug 30, 2015
sportsmaster:

you never offered yourself to him.
did you read that "No man can say Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Ghost"
okay like this: when you receive jesus as your lord and your saviour what's the next is to offer your freewill and submit it to God. Basic. Will you accept jesus and still do what the flesh want you to do?.
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 30, 2015
jcross19:
okay like this: when you receive jesus as your lord and your saviour what's the next is to offer your freewill and submit it to God. Basic. Will you accept jesus and still do what the flesh want you to do?.

You will simply walk his will and commandments and plans for you.
That doesn't mean you gave your life to Him.

You are simply walking in the Newness of Life which you received from Him.
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by jcross19: 6:47pm On Aug 30, 2015
sportsmaster:

You will simply walk his will and commandments and plans for you.
That doesn't mean you gave your life to Him.

You are simply walking in the Newness of Life which you received from Him.
ahahha am here just laughing because you are missing things up here. Is very easy for God to hypnotise you worship him but still HE want you to offer yourself willingly can you see that?
romans 12 vs 1 says: so brothers and sisters since God has shown us a great mercy,I beg you to offer your lives as living sacrifice to God,......... Continue to verse 2.
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 30, 2015
jcross19:
ahahha am here just laughing because you are missing things up here. Is very easy for God to hypnotise you worship him but still HE want you to offer yourself willingly can you see that?
romans 12 vs 1 says: so brothers and sisters since God has shown us a great mercy,I beg you to offer your lives as living sacrifice to God,......... Continue to verse 2.

Rom12:1 talks about something else.
It is in no way related to what we are talking about here.

Rom12:1: I beesech you therefore brethen by the mercies of God,that you present your bodies a living sacrifice,holy and acceptable unto God,your reasonable service.

the word "Present" is the greek word "paristemi" which means to exhibit,to put something on display for people to see.

The verse is in no way related to what we are saying here.
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by Nobody: 8:08am On Sep 02, 2015
WHEN YOU GIVE MONEY IN THE OFFERING BAH,IT SHALL BE GIVEN BACK TO YOU,GOOD MEASURE PRESEED DOWN,SHAKEN TOGETHER AND RUNNING OVER.

Really? Which verse?
luke 6:38 Give,and it shall be given unto you,good mesure,pressed down and shaken together,and running over,shall men give into your bosom.For with the same mesure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

Are you sure he was talking about giving offerings? He sure wasn't!

Check the pretext:

Luke6:35-37
But love ye your enemies and do good,and lend hoping for nothing again;and your reward shall be great ,and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

36Be ye therefore merciful,as your Father also is merciful.

37 Judge Not and ye shall not be judged:condemn not and ye shall not be condemned:forgive and Ye shall be forgiven:

he was referring to mercy and Judgement which are non-material;spiritual deeds.In fact he had earlier mentioned giving material things and expecting NOTHING in return.

Luke 6:30-34
30Give to every man that asketh of thee;and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.

31And as ye would that men should do to yout,do ye also to them likewise.

32for if ye love them which love you,what thank have ye?for sinners also love those that love them.

33And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive,what thank have ye? For sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again

Can you see? A corresponding text will be enough

Matt 7:1-2
1Judge not,that ye be not judged.

2For with that judgement ye judge,ye shall be judged:and with what measure ye mete,it shall be measured you again.

Judge the way you want to be Judged!

Does He mean God doesn't prosper us
when we give?

He does when we give and does when we dont give!.

He is our father.
No earthly Father does "value exchange" with his kids before he takes care of them!

hope its clear?

remain Blessed
Cc vooks,Gombs,scholar8200.
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by vooks: 8:32am On Sep 02, 2015
sportsmaster:
WHEN YOU GIVE MONEY IN THE OFFERING BAH,IT SHALL BE GIVEN BACK TO YOU,GOOD MEASURE PRESEED DOWN,SHAKEN TOGETHER AND RUNNING OVER.

Really? Which verse?
luke 6:38 Give,and it shall be given unto you,good mesure,pressed down and shaken together,and running over,shall men give into your bosom.For with the same mesure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

Are you sure he was talking about giving offerings? He sure wasn't!

Check the pretext:

Luke6:35-37
But love ye your enemies and do good,and lend hoping for nothing again;and your reward shall be great ,and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

36Be ye therefore merciful,as your Father also is merciful.

37 Judge Not and ye shall not be judged:condemn not and ye shall not be condemned:forgive and Ye shall be forgiven:

he was referring to mercy and Judgement which are non-material;spiritual deeds.In fact he had earlier mentioned giving material things and expecting NOTHING in return.

Luke 6:30-34
30Give to every man that asketh of thee;and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.

31And as ye would that men should do to yout,do ye also to them likewise.

32for if ye love them which love you,what thank have ye?for sinners also love those that love them.

33And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive,what thank have ye? For sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again

Can you see? A corresponding text will be enough

Matt 7:1-2
1Judge not,that ye be not judged.

2For with that judgement ye judge,ye shall be judged:and with what measure ye mete,it shall be measured you again.

Judge the way you want to be Judged!

Does He mean God doesn't prosper us
when we give?

He does when we give and does when we dont give!.

He is our father.
No earthly Father does "value exchange" with his kids before he takes care of them!

hope its clear?

remain Blessed
Cc vooks,Gombs,scholar8200.
Excellent!

Paul was heavy on charity and he never hesitated collecting an offering for the poor from the very dirt poor. But for his own need, he resisted burdening nobody.

If at all there is a giving that should be emphasized, it would be charity and not pampering a pulpit love-vendor. Unfortunately charity is unpopular because the beneficiary is not the collector but somebody else unlike other offerings which go into the love-vendor's wallet
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 02, 2015
sportsmaster:
yeah youre right in that paragraph you outlined that we christians normally err when we say " we gave our lives to Jesus" yeah its an error.
Ephesians 2 vs 8 - for by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the Gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.
when we say we gave our lives to the Lord it sounds like we were the one that worked for it when the bible says its not of ourselves but rather it is a gift from God. A gift is always received, we dont give ourselves to gift but rather we receive it. So this error must be corrected among the christians.
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 03, 2015
ProphetUdeme:

yeah youre right in that paragraph you outlined that we christians normally err when we say " we gave our lives to Jesus" yeah its an error.
Ephesians 2 vs 8 - for by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the Gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.
when we say we gave our lives to the Lord it sounds like we were the one that worked for it when the bible says its not of ourselves but rather it is a gift from God. A gift is always received, we dont give ourselves to gift but rather we receive it. So this error must be corrected among the christians.
Correct Guy.

1 Like

Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 12, 2015
i am coming to deal with the following statements.
1)God will never share his glory with anyone
2)I dont have a pastor,Jesus is my pastor.
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by jiggaz(m): 8:24am On Sep 16, 2015
sportsmaster:
cc winner01,malvisguy,jiggaz.jagoon
Am just seeing dis post now!! @sportsmaster you are correct bro... Christians always say we gave our life to CHRIST, including me lol. Not knowing dat we received the life of CHRIST inside us. We learn everyday and i absolutely learned alot from this your thread... keep it coming. Big ups.
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 16, 2015
jiggaz:
Am just seeing dis post now!! @sportsmaster you are correct bro... Christians always say we gave our life to CHRIST, including me lol. Not knowing dat we received the life of CHRIST inside us. We learn everyday and i absolutely learned alot from this your thread... keep it coming. Big ups.

thanks bro.
There is always a lot to learn.

As a Christain we need to keep making discoveries.
We need to LEARN,UNLEARN and RE-LEARN.
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by jiggaz(m): 9:38am On Sep 16, 2015
sportsmaster:

thanks bro.
There is always a lot to learn.
As a Christain we need to keep making discoveries.
We need to LEARN,UNLEARN and RE-LEARN.
Absolutely true!! am on that cause.
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 19, 2015
Gombs:

See yourself? Proverbs 23:26 My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways.
this is talking about leading and guidance.
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by vooks: 5:03pm On Oct 09, 2015
sportsmaster:
i am coming to deal with the following statements.

1)God will never share his glory with anyone

2)I dont have a pastor,Jesus is my pastor.
Bros, it's been a month, please ge on it and step on them toes. Truth liberates but may be painful at times

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Brilliant Quotes on Religion By Thomas Paine And Robert Ingersoll. / Atheists are zombies / The Cult Of The Askers And Knøckers And Seekers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.