Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

'ooni's Wives Can't Re-marry' - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 'ooni's Wives Can't Re-marry' (37195 Views)

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo / Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony / Ooni Of Ife's Wives As They Prepare To Bury Their Husband (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'ooni's Wives Can't Re-marry' by YabaLeftist: 8:20pm On Aug 21, 2015
Okay, I get it. They can't remarry, but they are free to have men by the side to service them sexually. You don't expect them to suffer from kojilitis all their lives.

1 Like

Re: 'ooni's Wives Can't Re-marry' by ransomed: 8:21pm On Aug 21, 2015
Elosky20:
well nw is the time of judgement 4 them to knw who really loved the king. afterall marriage is for better for worse, In sickness and health, In life and in death. At least the law says NO MARRIAGE BUT IT DOES NOT SAY NO MORE SEX AFTER THE DEATH OF THE KING.

#AWAYmatchTHINGS
::-- Baaaadt guy, you want to catch thunderbolt? Do not forget that they always "Jaz" oloris after the demise of their kings. I pray you don't sommersault after away game with Olori. Marry your own and "kpekus" as you like.
Re: 'ooni's Wives Can't Re-marry' by chachanga: 8:33pm On Aug 21, 2015
Which kain useless kpekus, ahhh, don't say that again!

Na now "Who Wants To Knack A CougarNia Season 2" wan start.

It's now time for their various Sugar-Boys to start winding-waist and working for their pay now grin!

OR did you really believe that it's been that, stiff-waisted, near-comatose, oldman-with-the-droopy-eyes who's been Oiling those royal MILFs all this while tongue?

Nah, man! It's prolly some young dudes with MPD (MagicPowerDrills) ampped up with Alomo et alshocked!

In fact, Am envisaging some of those young boys HITTING D JACKPOT & TURNING MILLIONAIRRES OVERNIGHT.

See, THE WILL is gonna be read anytime now and cars, mansions, oilblocks are gonna start gracing the old madams' accounts.

D current Soundtrack for all you Cougar-Hunters in RomanceSection now should be:

/Eyin Omo Wobey (wobey) - Won le n fah Shiiiiiii (shisha/shisha)
Oya Shakiti Bobo, Weyrey lo bah deh!/

Let the Hunt begin And may the best schemer win!

1 Like

Re: 'ooni's Wives Can't Re-marry' by darlenese(f): 8:36pm On Aug 21, 2015
who wants to marry them Before ?
Haven't they retired !
Re: 'ooni's Wives Can't Re-marry' by Godsonkemz(m): 8:38pm On Aug 21, 2015
Noted but who cares to know. Did anybody ask
Re: 'ooni's Wives Can't Re-marry' by Orikinla(m): 8:45pm On Aug 21, 2015
But they can fork. grin
Re: 'ooni's Wives Can't Re-marry' by RexTramadol1: 8:49pm On Aug 21, 2015
Bread without blueband is like a car without an engine

How can the tradition be so mean

There should be time for servicing now!!!

1 Like

Re: 'ooni's Wives Can't Re-marry' by nwadiuko1(m): 8:50pm On Aug 21, 2015

1 Like

Re: 'ooni's Wives Can't Re-marry' by olayinkaj2(m): 8:58pm On Aug 21, 2015
Wahala dey o. So, if they reject the offer of being inherited by the incoming ooni na so them go just be? Chai, engine go just rust without being oiled. Alaafin's yellow wives most especially the youngest one will be like, oba, never go now o because my engine still sha sha ra sha o.

1 Like

Re: 'ooni's Wives Can't Re-marry' by IYANGBALI: 9:00pm On Aug 21, 2015
Na to dey cut show with smal small boys na him remain now,i pity the small small boys wey go shook head putgrin
Re: 'ooni's Wives Can't Re-marry' by ogundeleai(m): 9:04pm On Aug 21, 2015
If they can't do it open what stop them doing it illegaly.. Enough of all these traditional belief that are gradually paving way for modernization.
By the way the chiefs in ife should tell exactly the date of Ooni demise so as to prevent future ambiguity
Re: 'ooni's Wives Can't Re-marry' by Shymm3x: 9:44pm On Aug 21, 2015
delishpot:
Na wa o. Wives una pkele o.
So if the Ooni was a young man who just got newly married to a young woman na so she go become life tme widow or become an inheritance?
E nor easy o. Shey pke when they are inherited it means the ooni is confirmed dead ba?

Queen Victoria was young when King Albert died, yet she never remarried. And I think it's same for most royal families.

I believe they know what they signed up for, especially the Yoruba culture/tradition where Kings are demigods culturally. Obviously, they have become the temple of the gods traditionally and that might violate the cultural beliefs.

Shyte, they can always get Love Machine and shiit. grin
Re: 'ooni's Wives Can't Re-marry' by Nobody: 9:56pm On Aug 21, 2015
ladies do say they don't tolerate polygamy but yet they accept to be 2nd,3rd..wives because of money. Does it mean women don't know what they want

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'ooni's Wives Can't Re-marry' by babafirst(m): 9:59pm On Aug 21, 2015
daridex:
noted.....buh if i gat crush on any......,
i ll super toast

LOOOOOLLLL,you are joking with impotence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'ooni's Wives Can't Re-marry' by favourmic(m): 10:07pm On Aug 21, 2015
weting rabbit they do? nah masturbation be the next one
Re: 'ooni's Wives Can't Re-marry' by delishpot: 10:12pm On Aug 21, 2015
Shymm3x:

Queen Victoria was young when King Albert died, yet she never remarried. And I think it's same for most royal families.

I believe they know what they signed up for, especially the Yoruba culture/tradition where Kings are demigods culturally. Obviously, they have become the temple of the gods traditionally and that might violate the culturally beliefs.

Shyte, they can always get Love Machine and shiit. grin

Ok. I am following.

1 Like

Re: 'ooni's Wives Can't Re-marry' by IdJack(m): 11:15pm On Aug 21, 2015
[size=15pt]Hmmmm....na wah oooo, I believe they cannot re-marry, but to get their engine serviced is not a bad deal....[/size]

1 Like

Re: 'ooni's Wives Can't Re-marry' by 1miccza: 11:49pm On Aug 21, 2015
If i hear?Babes wey tight like that?
Re: 'ooni's Wives Can't Re-marry' by smd837(m): 12:45am On Aug 22, 2015
Im seriously beggin the ladies Of nowadays, Never let God punish the world more than this o. You made Adam disobeyed God, most of you jumped using trauser instead of skirt, you said u dont like the colour God made ur lips and started painting them rainbow colour everyday somtimes like chamereon tryin to make it rythm with ur dresses, you said God doesnt made ur finger nail well and started fixing artificial ones, you said God has made mistakes in shaping and size of ur butock and u started fixing man made ones, now the worst is what some of you are wearing that you called mini skirt is notin but a litle bit beter than pant and you cant even bend down to do certain things, to even climb maching is a problem, to run during emergency is a wahala, also those hairs that covers eyes (ipepemeyi) fixing additional onces is now as serious as anything for you people every where in Nigeria. If God made mistakes in creating you just continue adding your own artificial body part you can even go ahead and change your face in the name of fasion is left for u. Kudos to those that leave their natural body!!!
Re: 'ooni's Wives Can't Re-marry' by mmav(f): 1:33am On Aug 22, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]It normal to me oo cryonce o r married to such person u should know dat if anything happn to ur spouse it either u can't marry or u r possibly inherited so they should rest aftr all they are lucky to b at their late 40's nd 60's nd I guess they already av well grown kids.
Re: 'ooni's Wives Can't Re-marry' by sirsholley(m): 1:41am On Aug 22, 2015
noted....
Re: 'ooni's Wives Can't Re-marry' by daridex(m): 5:24am On Aug 22, 2015
babafirst:
LOOOOOLLLL,you are joking with impotence.
there is always a way out in every situation

1 Like

Re: 'ooni's Wives Can't Re-marry' by verycheese: 6:21am On Aug 22, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
Who will be servicing her engine ??
If you leave the engine without servicing, it will rust.
I trust Yellow Bar women, they don't play with sex.
I know she will get one fresh olatunde two weeks after the burial of her husband.

Body no be firewood.
you stand out because of your stupidity. No pun intended, I just come here to read news and comments, but you caught my eye for your particular brand of foolishness and you never disappoint. It's probably the only thing you've got, you flaunt it soo well. Kudos dear.
Re: 'ooni's Wives Can't Re-marry' by Seventeen(f): 7:29am On Aug 22, 2015
Thousands of widows in Nigeria never remarry . Whats d big deal? undecided

1 Like

Re: 'ooni's Wives Can't Re-marry' by brightcool1(m): 8:47am On Aug 22, 2015
Elosky20:
well nw is the time of judgement 4 them to knw who really loved the king. afterall marriage is for better for worse, In sickness and health, In life and in death. At least the law says NO MARRIAGE BUT IT DOES NOT SAY NO MORE SEX AFTER THE DEATH OF THE KING.

#AWAYmatchTHINGS
lol oboi na two different tinz o, atleast they have hope since they can f**k
Re: 'ooni's Wives Can't Re-marry' by mechanics(m): 11:29am On Aug 22, 2015
natas22:
To me if am one of the wives I will accept the offer to marry the next ooni. That's the smartest thing to do.
hmmm, wise opinion, if dey knw dats d tradition b4 dey got weded den dey shud abide by it.
Re: 'ooni's Wives Can't Re-marry' by toygod2: 12:51am On Aug 23, 2015
MadCow1:
And the guy go don use Magun scatter their Kpekus finish.. grin

Any Man wey dive dem, ehn destiny go just port to ABOBAKU network.. grin

u go kill person with laff o.
i swear down

1 Like

Re: 'ooni's Wives Can't Re-marry' by DedeNkem: 7:42am On Aug 23, 2015
cococandy:

Obviously

It's hard to believe a woman (if at all you're) would agree that women should be owned as property.
You're an id*iot!
Re: 'ooni's Wives Can't Re-marry' by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 25, 2015
but they can still fvck...
Re: 'ooni's Wives Can't Re-marry' by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jun 01, 2019
Highly appealing animation mate

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Deposition: Your Pronouncements Not Binding On Me, Ayiri Tells Olu Of Warri / Alaafin Of Oyo Shows His Royal Dance Step After Prayers While His Wives Watch(pi / Olubadan, Oba Saliu Enjoying Valentine With Two Of His Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.