Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,269 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

China To Invest $1 Billion In Nasarawa - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / China To Invest $1 Billion In Nasarawa (15657 Views)

Jibrin: Dogara Diverted FG Project To His Farm In Nasarawa / 20 Fulanis And 80 Cows Killed In Nasarawa / Soldiers Treat A Civilian Like An Animal In Nasarawa State (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China To Invest $1 Billion In Nasarawa by Autolord: 7:47pm On Aug 21, 2015
Thank you Goodluck Ebele Jonathan

1 Like

Re: China To Invest $1 Billion In Nasarawa by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 21, 2015
Dreaming***
Re: China To Invest $1 Billion In Nasarawa by shizzy7(f): 7:49pm On Aug 21, 2015
Buhari please say NO
They are not coming to invest but exploit
Nasarawa has most of Nigeria's Mineral resources..
SAY NO,, NO
Re: China To Invest $1 Billion In Nasarawa by shizzy7(f): 7:50pm On Aug 21, 2015
agarawu23:
good move
Nigeria go better one day smiley
Its a bad move
Re: China To Invest $1 Billion In Nasarawa by DICKtator: 7:52pm On Aug 21, 2015
hareerat11218:
You are a fool. keep dreaming

Why the insult?

It doesn't correlate with what he/she typed.

Why don't you constructively counter/criticise his opinion?

Your reply is so funny though!!!

I can't but presume Al-Makura is your father or benefactor based on this reaction!!!!

grin grin grin grin
Re: China To Invest $1 Billion In Nasarawa by Captainswag225(m): 7:52pm On Aug 21, 2015
shizzy7:
Its a bad move
how is dis a bad move? Investor bringing in 1billion dollars is a great move. Its up to the nasarawa government to prevent the chinese from exploiting their resources.
Re: China To Invest $1 Billion In Nasarawa by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 21, 2015
Captainswag225:
i dont want to hear that crap abt dis being buhari's achievement. U know its not.

I pity those taking your post seriously grin

1 Like

Re: China To Invest $1 Billion In Nasarawa by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 21, 2015
why not osun tongue
Re: China To Invest $1 Billion In Nasarawa by agarawu23(m): 7:59pm On Aug 21, 2015
shizzy7:
Its a bad move
how?
Re: China To Invest $1 Billion In Nasarawa by Mogidi: 8:00pm On Aug 21, 2015
Rawani:

Are you sure you know where Nassarawa state is? Boko boys are being squished like insects in Sambisa, their reign is ending so fear not.

Are you suggesting the courts would then give Al-Makura victory because of foreign investment? Wailers really need Lai Mohammed's crash programme on opposition politics, this is embarrassing.

This investment is phantom, go read my post again. It does not exist.
Re: China To Invest $1 Billion In Nasarawa by IbokUtoroh(m): 8:00pm On Aug 21, 2015
Rawani:
BY DONATUS NADI, Lafia
— Aug 21, 2015 3:05 pm

Chinese government is ready to invest one billion dollars in Nasarawa State in the next five years through Tongyi group as part of its strategic partnership aimed at boosting commerce and trade.

This was disclosed by Mr. Yong Shubo, the general manager China public procurement in a chat with news men shortly after an interactive section with Nasarawa state government officials at government house Lafia.

Mr. Shubo said that China will invest in the areas of power generation, mining, airport construction, and road construction which are expected to create jobs and generate wealth for the citizens of the state.

Mr. Shubo explained that China is looking at the possibilities of making Nasarawa State an industrial hub because of the resources that abound in the state and its proximity to federal capital.

He added that the Chinese government will equally look at the Karu international market and prepare proposal for areas of partnership and job creation.

According to him, the market is capable of creating over a hundred thousand jobs with a multiplier effect.

Earlier, Governor Umaru Tanko Al-Makura expressed confidence in the group owing to their track record in other countries of the world.

Al-Makura said that the collaboration with the Chinese investors will open up frontiers of investment opportunities and create wealth for the state.

Source: http://leadership.ng/business/commerce-and-industry/455405/china-to-invest-1-billion-in-nasarawa

cc: lalasticlala
anytime almakura is mentioned pls try to use this phrase, the out-going governor.
Re: China To Invest $1 Billion In Nasarawa by otiigba1(m): 8:05pm On Aug 21, 2015
MadCow1:
China go suck Nassarawa dry like kpokpo garri.. grin
seriously! Them people have no sympathy, they will not only suck it dry they also boil the dried ones and swallow the remaining grin grin
Re: China To Invest $1 Billion In Nasarawa by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 21, 2015
natas22:
That's really change, foreign investors are now seeing Nigeria a favourable environment to invest due to the recent fight against corruption by my sai buhari. Even wal-mart has plans to come to Nigeria for the first to open there malls.

All this started when my sai buhari CE back from US and this new development if properly implemented this will go a long way to cub massive unemployment in Nigeria

The Chinese government should also consider other states in Nigeria that great potentials like nasarawa state. States like Abia needs such development.

We are truly experiencing "change"

Sai Buhari

Stop being delusional
Re: China To Invest $1 Billion In Nasarawa by harristo(m): 8:25pm On Aug 21, 2015
Autolord:
Thank you Goodluck Ebele Jonathan

Meaning na the beg wey GEJ go china go beg them to come invest for naija, still dey work abi?

GEJ go china go beg them to come invest for naija

China come beg PMB to let them invest for naija.
Re: China To Invest $1 Billion In Nasarawa by SaviorJenvini(m): 8:25pm On Aug 21, 2015
Hmm Nigerians will never change...

Who knows...!

ollah1:
Chinese or he igbos living in China
;DHmm Nigerians will never change...

Who knows...!

ollah1:
Chinese or he igbos living in China
Re: China To Invest $1 Billion In Nasarawa by kobonaire(m): 8:25pm On Aug 21, 2015
wow, 1 billion dollars investment?? Pretty soon half of Nasarawa state will be speaking Chinese grin

1 Like

Re: China To Invest $1 Billion In Nasarawa by shizzy7(f): 8:38pm On Aug 21, 2015
Captainswag225:
how is dis a bad move? Investor bringing in 1billion dollars is a great move. Its up to the nasarawa government to prevent the chinese from exploiting their resources.
Its called Neo-colonialism,, They are talking about Mining,, Nassarawa state is the second most mineral resources endowed state in Nigeria,, with 25 different mineral resources...

**WHEN WILL NIGERIA(ns) START DOMINATING ITS OWN SECTORs??
**Crude oil was a 'resource curse' to Nigeria, Now its loosing value and they are suddenly looking at Other things to Mine...
**We have an FDI that doubles our GDP,,its good BUT what are the disadvantages of a high FDI?? what are the long term consequences

**One of the reasons why China is where it is today is because they didn't allow Foreigners dominate their economy.. They had something like a closed economy,,

They should invest in electricity NOT mining..

1 Like

Re: China To Invest $1 Billion In Nasarawa by Captainswag225(m): 8:51pm On Aug 21, 2015
shizzy7:
Its called Neo-colonialism,, They are talking about Mining,, Nassarawa state is the second most mineral resources endowed state in Nigeria,, with 25 different mineral resources...

**WHEN WILL NIGERIA(ns) START DOMINATING ITS OWN SECTORs??
**Crude oil was a 'resource curse' to Nigeria, Now its loosing value and they are suddenly looking at Other things to Mine...
**We have an FDI that doubles our GDP,,its good BUT what are the disadvantages of a high FDI?? what are the long term consequences

**One of the reasons why China is where it is today is because they didn't allow Foreigners dominate their economy.. They had something like a closed economy,,

They should invest in electricity NOT mining..
dont u want nasarawa to be like johannesburg? The gov doesnt have money to do the mining on their own now thats why they are accepting dis offer. Jux see the positive side of dis.
Re: China To Invest $1 Billion In Nasarawa by EDWARD4119(m): 8:55pm On Aug 21, 2015
They keep investing...if these investments are actually working Nigeria should be competing with some of the most developed countries
Re: China To Invest $1 Billion In Nasarawa by shizzy7(f): 8:55pm On Aug 21, 2015
Mogidi:
Believe this story at your cost, Al-Makura is forever a joke, he realized he won't win at the tribunal hence this phantom $1bill investment.

Al-Makura is taking those in Nasarawa for a loooong ride.
Thank you,, I hope he doesn't win the man is offering them FREE-TAX REGIME,,, who on earth is this man's economic advisor.. Does he think $1B is beans... CHINA for that matter hahahah.,,,
He isn't thinking right at all...

http://leadership.ng/news/455478/nasarawa-solid-minerals-investors-to-get-free-tax-regime-al-makura

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: China To Invest $1 Billion In Nasarawa by shizzy7(f): 9:05pm On Aug 21, 2015
Captainswag225:
dont u want nasarawa to be like johannesburg? The gov doesnt have money to do the mining on their own now thats why they are accepting dis offer. Jux see the positive side of dis.
Accepting what?? it still has to pass through a tribunal?? I hope it's rejected..

You shouldn't always look at the positivity in somethings and sideline whatever Negativity it poses/threatens..You outweigh both....
CHINA definitely did their HOMEWORK/RESEARCH well before opting out for Nasarawa out of 36states+FCT..

There are some kind of deals that the laws of your country won't help in a bailout,, it can only reduce the effects...
The man is even offering free-tax...
Re: China To Invest $1 Billion In Nasarawa by Captainswag225(m): 9:07pm On Aug 21, 2015
shizzy7:
Accepting what?? it still has to pass through a tribunal?? I hope it's rejected..

You shouldn't always look at the positivity in somethings and sideline whatever Negativity it poses/threatens..You outweigh both....
CHINA definitely did their HOMEWORK/RESEARCH well before opting out for Nasarawa out of 36states+FCT..

There are some kind of deals that the laws of your country won't help in a bailout,, it can only reduce the effects...
na wa for u ooo.
Re: China To Invest $1 Billion In Nasarawa by slimgold123(f): 9:14pm On Aug 21, 2015
Good!
Read: 15 Characteristics Of Successful Entrepreneurs And How To Develop Yours >>> https://www.nairaland.com/2540627/15-characteristics-successful-entrepreneurs-how
Re: China To Invest $1 Billion In Nasarawa by shizzy7(f): 9:16pm On Aug 21, 2015
Captainswag225:
na wa for u ooo.
captainswag,, so you're already tired,, I know your specialty is in the romance section(sexuality) in particular...
Re: China To Invest $1 Billion In Nasarawa by Captainswag225(m): 9:23pm On Aug 21, 2015
shizzy7:
captainswag,, so you're already tired,, I know your specialty is in the romance section(sexuality) in particular...
hahaha u are wrong oo. U no know me one bit. See., how can u expect an investor to bring in 1 billion dollars and get nutin in return? The minerals are plenty for both the chinese and the nasarawa people to share. The chinese gets what they want and the nasarawa natives get to see more developments and riches. Whats the essence of having alot of minerals and still being poor? Tell me?
Re: China To Invest $1 Billion In Nasarawa by shizzy7(f): 9:42pm On Aug 21, 2015
Captainswag225:
hahaha u are wrong oo. U no know me one bit. See., how can u expect an investor to bring in 1 billion dollars and get nutin in return? The minerals are plenty for both the chinese and the nasarawa people to share. The chinese gets what they want and the nasarawa natives get to see more developments and riches. Whats the essence of having alot of minerals and still being poor? Tell me?
My captain,, good question BUT I will reply you with a question(pardon me),,,

*Nigeria has crude oil in abundance, why do we still have a lot of poor people?? For over 4 decades of discovery of oil why are we still WALKING and not RUNNING Talkless of FLYING

*Check Google for ""RESOURCE CURSE"" it explains it all
My que:: Where do you think Nigeria will be today,, If we had Little or no Mineral resource
Re: China To Invest $1 Billion In Nasarawa by islandmoon: 9:48pm On Aug 21, 2015
another greek gift
Re: China To Invest $1 Billion In Nasarawa by Captainswag225(m): 10:05pm On Aug 21, 2015
shizzy7:
My captain,, good question BUT I will reply you with a question(pardon me),,,

*Nigeria has crude oil in abundance, why do we still have a lot of poor people?? For over 4 decades of discovery of oil why are we still WALKING and not RUNNING Talkless of FLYING

*Check Google for ""RESOURCE CURSE"" it explains it all
My que:: Where do you think Nigeria will be today,, If we had Little or no Mineral resource
nigeria hasnt benefited much from the oil coz of greedy and corrupt leaders they had in the past.
but hey, a wrong in the past shouldnt determine the future of innocent people.

U have a new leader now, (ur leader) he is trying to correct some wrongs that has been made. There is hope if only u believe.

If oil can make libyans, iranians, saudi arabians rich then it can make nigerians rich as well.....

All u have to do is to stamp out corruption and remove bad leaders.

Now to ur question: nigeria will have still been where they are without oil

to me: there are three solutions to this
1. Depend on natural resources only but manage it well

2. Depend and agriculture and industrialization only. They are already doing that but they can improve it.

3Depend on both natural resources and agriculture and industrialization but get the ryt people for the right job.
Re: China To Invest $1 Billion In Nasarawa by preizton(m): 10:15pm On Aug 21, 2015
Immanueladebol:
i knw wher nasarawa is.Havnt u heard d news lately?,u've nt heard of boko's operatn in oda parts of d north?
Why don't you tell us about nasarawa state since you know it. Wetin concern nasarawa state with boko haram? Mr News!
Re: China To Invest $1 Billion In Nasarawa by sweatlana: 10:49pm On Aug 21, 2015
I don't believe this story for one second!

The Chinese are business men what and who would they get their return on investment in nasarawa?
Re: China To Invest $1 Billion In Nasarawa by abubkhr: 10:54pm On Aug 21, 2015
Nasarawas you people should be careful they are there to still your resources and subject your people to slavery Chinese people are heartless so be careful
Re: China To Invest $1 Billion In Nasarawa by shizzy7(f): 11:16pm On Aug 21, 2015
Captainswag225:

nigeria hasnt benefited much from the oil coz of greedy and corrupt leaders they had in the past.
but hey, a wrong in the past shouldnt determine the future of innocent people.

U have a new leader now, (ur leader) he is trying to correct some wrongs that has been made. There is hope if only u believe.

If oil can make libyans, iranians, saudi arabians rich then it can make nigerians rich as well.....

All u have to do is to stamp out corruption and remove bad leaders.

Now to ur question: nigeria will have still been where they are without oil

to me: there are three solutions to this
1. Depend on natural resources only but manage it well

2. Depend and agriculture and industrialization only. They are already doing that but they can improve it.

3Depend on both natural resources and agriculture and industrialization but get the ryt people for the right job.
All I am saying is that Nasarawa-china-$1b-Mining is the last thing that man should be talking about.,,,
We need to go back to the NIGERIA OF YESTERDAY
**Who ate the groundnuts In The "GROUNDNUT PYRAMIDS" of kano state??
** ohh, I think the black oil swept it all off,,
*4 Nigerian secondary sch. female students powered A generator with Urine,,they could have the solution to our power problems,, why is the govt. not developing their Idea? BUT billions of $ has been spent for foreigners to come help solve this power issue yet to no avail,,
*Despite our faulty education system, we have Nigerian students making eco-friendly cars,'supposed' flying cars,,generator-tricycles e.t.c Isn't that where our Potential Industry is to start-up?? NO Foreigners have to come do it for us
**WE are suffering from a seriously severe case of BRAIN DRAIN,,,
Don't let me Bore you with my lamentations, I just had to say a lot of things to prove why the investment should be rejected BUT I will go with your option 2.. We need to save the mineral resources for our future generations...
Corruption In Nigeria is a tough war to fight

**A lot of people comment on NL like "the giant(nig.) has fallen" BUT I say the "GIANT is sleeping and patiently waiting for the right ONE to do the wakening"

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

15 By-elections: PDP Kicks As APC Wins In Lagos, Bauchi, Others / US To Return $350m Stolen By Nigerian Generals / Protest In Ibadan Over Closure Of Business Premises (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.