Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,542 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Latest World Rankings : OAU Maintains Best University In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Latest World Rankings : OAU Maintains Best University In Nigeria (2805 Views)

Top Ten Universities In Africa 2019 - Qs' Rankings / Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student / Latest World Population: 20 Most Populated Countries In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Latest World Rankings : OAU Maintains Best University In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:21am On Aug 22, 2015
[img]http://i.onthe.io/vllkyt5oq96d4umvi.4b8a2e60.jpg[/img]

An international institute which ranks universities in the world, Cybermetrics Lab of Spain, has released a new list of the best universities across the globe and in Nigeria particularly.

For the fifth time in a row the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun state, has been rank as the top in the country.

Olarewaju Abiodun, the public relations officer of OAU, in a statement unveiled on August 20, noted that the university ranking body valued the curricular, research, academic and general administration of the university as the best in the country.

He noted that in the latest ranking, which was published on August 17, the universities of Lagos and Ilorin came second and third correspondingly.

On his own part, Bamitale Omole, vice chancellor of the university, said this was the first time in the history of higher education in Nigeria where one university “would maintain its position as the first and the best in the country for more than four consecutive times.”

Vice chancellor credited the achievement to years of hard work and commitment to duty of the academic, administrative and technical members of personnel, “whose contributions have placed the university far and above more than 100 other universities in Nigeria.”

The comment reads in part: “Prof. Omole emphasised his determination to make training and retraining of members of staff, on a regular basis, his topmost priority, adding that he would not rest on his oars until OAU becomes the best in Africa, and one of the top 10 in the world.”

He asked the federal government to invest more funds into university education in the country in order to achieve more.

It should be noted that O.A.U is a leading research institution. The university has a strong tradition of preparing the students for high achievement, no matter where their ambitions take them.

The university offers undergraduate degree and postgraduate degree programmes in all major disciplines. The Postgraduate College currently has 264 programmes. Short-term/summer visiting programmes are available for foreign students.

https://www.naij.com/526383-see-university-ranked-best-nigeria.html

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/08/22/oau-ranked-best-nigerian-university/

Lalasticlala
Seun

1 Like

Re: Latest World Rankings : OAU Maintains Best University In Nigeria by Luckylife(m): 7:22am On Aug 22, 2015
Good
Re: Latest World Rankings : OAU Maintains Best University In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:24am On Aug 22, 2015
Can anyone find national open university of Nigeria? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

i hope my stomach will not be force to expand as i laugh roll for ground.

Noun a name of a grin grin wink wink winkperson animal or things cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Latest World Rankings : OAU Maintains Best University In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:26am On Aug 22, 2015
in Uniben I trust! smiley
Re: Latest World Rankings : OAU Maintains Best University In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:28am On Aug 22, 2015
Onijagidijagan:
Can anyone find national open university of Nigeria? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

i hope my stomach will not be force to expand as i laugh roll for ground.

Noun a name of a grin grin wink wink winkperson animal or things cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Latest World Rankings : OAU Maintains Best University In Nigeria by Femolacaster(m): 7:40am On Aug 22, 2015
Oba Awon Unıversıtıes. The greatest of all the unıversıtıes ın Afrıca...
Re: Latest World Rankings : OAU Maintains Best University In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 22, 2015
why should Open university of Nigeria be there when over 200 universities 10 times better than Noun are in the country. to me i think university of ibadan should top the list.

[size=22pt]Where is University of Ibadan?[/size] to me, is the king of all Nigerian Universities.
Re: Latest World Rankings : OAU Maintains Best University In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:45am On Aug 22, 2015
Drchristian:
why should Open university of Nigeria be there when over 200 universities 10 times better than Noun are in the country. to me i think university of ibadan should top the list.

[size=15pt]Where is University of Ibadan?[/size]

[size=15]Where is University of Benin?[/size]

to me, its the paramount amongst Nigerian Universities
Re: Latest World Rankings : OAU Maintains Best University In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:53am On Aug 22, 2015
blueto:

[size=15]Where is University of Benin?[/size]

to me, its the paramount amongst Nigerian Universities
is on d list No 9 actually But UI is d king of Nigerian universities grin grin grin
Re: Latest World Rankings : OAU Maintains Best University In Nigeria by SupremeNG: 7:56am On Aug 22, 2015
Good list
Re: Latest World Rankings : OAU Maintains Best University In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 22, 2015
Drchristian:

is on d list No 9 actually But UI is d king of Nigerian universities grin grin grin
Being the oldest doesn't make it the best

"in the journey of Life, overtaking is allowed" smiley
Re: Latest World Rankings : OAU Maintains Best University In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:26am On Aug 22, 2015
hw is OAU still the best in Nigeria despite its "poor welfare state" ?

(1) (Reply)

Mighty Snake Taminated In Students Hostel (photo) / How To Know Your JAMB Examination Center And Date For 2018 UTME / Translation: Igbo To English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.