Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,332 members, 7,819,137 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

How Unfair Can We Be To Jonathan? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Unfair Can We Be To Jonathan? (2494 Views)

Okonjo-Iweala's Letter To Jonathan Asking For Permission To Send $300m To Dasuki / ooo / How Unfair Can We Be To Jonathan? ThisDay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Unfair Can We Be To Jonathan? by azimibraun: 5:20pm On Aug 22, 2015
We just live the guy to God to judge him for his actions and inctions.
Re: How Unfair Can We Be To Jonathan? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 22, 2015
socialmediaman:

Lol. The difference between you and I is that, God forbid the person I support fails, I'll take responsibility and accept that he failed despite the 100% support I gave him. I still have 3 years and a few months to accept that I was right or wrong, don't forget that.

But you? You don't give up. You want to force Nigerians to accept someone who failed Them just because the government favored few of you, isn't it a shame? It's not a crime to support a leader, but when he fails, accept it and move on, it's a basic journey of life. Dont try to buy name for GEJ, you're wasting your time, Nigerians are not silly. You did your part, 100%, but despite that, he failed. Move on, don't try to justify his failures or right his wrongs. Where's your conscience, brother?

It's time you stopped your lies and propaganda. It is stale already...

2 Likes

Re: How Unfair Can We Be To Jonathan? by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 5:29pm On Aug 22, 2015
APC either questioned or denied every giant stride by Jonathan's government when we all were witnesses to the changes.

I remember the famous 50 questions APC Chairman of House committee paid N115 million to compose yet he couldn't defend it notwithstanding his perfect Cv

Read the tone of Mr Chairman and observe the ego and autocratic leadership display in this dialogue.

However, the committee chairman told her that he had ruled, insisting that “you should provide written answers within two weeks, and we’ll invite you in January to appear before us. The 50 questions capture all at stake on the state of the economy.”

The minister responded: “I know you have ruled, but you have to hear me out. You haven’t allowed me to say something, and everybody is here seeing what is happening.

“With all due respect, I will not tell your committee that I’m feeling fine when I’m not. We have had good working relationship with your committee; I thought we’ll be treated with courtesy, but the way you’re starting is a bit disturbing,” she said.

It was at this point that Jibril walked the minister out of the meeting, saying: “You know I have ruled and if you don’t mind please excuse us. Members should stay behind for executive meeting. We don’t want any haphazard answers, so you can go honourable minister.”

But the minister insisted that “I will manage to answer the questions. I won’t answer you haphazardly. I know my health, and I assure you that I can answer you well along with my other colleagues here.”

The visibly angry chairman however responded: “I’m sorry Honourable Minister. You can only decide what happens in the Finance Ministry and Economy Committee and not in the House.”

The minister who was dismayed with the development said: “I have uttermost respect for the committee and expect same from you. I’m a minister of the Federal Republic. When you invite ministers, you should treat them with respect. We can’t be invited and be abused.”

1 Like

Re: How Unfair Can We Be To Jonathan? by azimibraun: 5:36pm On Aug 22, 2015
Was he fair to Nigerians when he politicized the Boko Haram crisis; was he fair not intervening in the gruesome murder of the Aluu 4; was he fair sending our boys ndd girls to war ill-equipped; was he fair plunging Nigeria into her worst economic shape; was he fair to late azazzi; was he fair to Buhri when his boys rubbished buhari and took advantage of Buhari's poor communication skills; was he fair to lte yaradua; abandoned the 7point agenda. And reversed most of Yaradua's legacy projects( dredging of river niger) was GEJ fair to the IDPS his actions created; was GEJ to the South-south; blew the regions rare opportunity of second term the first which has almost nothing to show for; finally was GEJ fair to himself? He disappointed himself the most.

1 Like

Re: How Unfair Can We Be To Jonathan? by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 5:41pm On Aug 22, 2015
Man Demands Reps Pay Him N115m For Helping Them Draft 50 Questions

According to Enwegbara, the Chairman, House Committee on Finance, Abdulmumin Jibrin, on December 18, 2013 hired him to produce 50 questions on the “State of the Economy,” which the House of Representatives would like to pose to the Minister of Finance.

[img][/img]

The dust raised by the House of Representatives over the 50 questions posed to the Co-ordinating Minister for the Economy and the Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, is yet to be settled as an economic expert, Mr. Odilim Basil Enwegbara, has sued the Lower House for refusing to pay him his N115 million consultancy fee for service rendered to the House in December 2013.

In the suit no. CV/890/14 instituted at the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, on December 23, 2014, Enwegbara demanded that the House of Representatives pay him his N115 million consultancy fee for producing the “controversial” 50 questions, which the House Committee on Okonjo-Iweala on December 19, 2013 as well as for producing for the House Committee the follow-up questions in reaction to the Minister’s response.

“It was on the basis of an agreement by both parties that he should be paid N100 million only for producing the 50 questions as his consultancy fee that he went ahead to do the work.”

Upon the Chairman’s discovery that the 50 questions produced were beyond the committee members’ comprehension, coupled with the fear that they would have difficulty taking the Minister on those 50 questions in a public hearing, the Chairman informed Enwegbara that to be on the safe side, his committee would be handing the Minister the questions to respond in writing.

Whence the Minister of Finance eventually responded to the 50 questions in writing, the Chairman immediately reverted to Enwegbara to react fully to the Minister’s response since, according to him, the Minister’s response was also beyond the committee members’ comprehension.

To produce such detailed reaction to the Minister’s response to the 50 questions, which the committee would use in organising a public hearing, a fee of N15 million only was agreed by both parties for Enwegbara’s work.

To personally guide members at the said hearing, the Chairman, without any prior agreement with Enwegbara, went ahead to publish Enwegbara’s name in newspapers along with other names as resource persons to be present at the committee’s planned public hearing on March 3, 2013.

With the said hearing abruptly put off, the House Committee Chairman on Finance severed communication with Enwegbara, the complainant said, pointing out that notwithstanding frustrations encountered by him, Enwegbara continued to abide by the agreement with the Chairman, which included that both parties should never make public Enwegbara’s authorship of both the 50 questions and the follow-up questions.

“After several attempts to secure payment for his Consultancy Fee failed, Enwegbara had no option but to engage the services of lawyers, who immediately wrote the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Right Honourable Aminu Tambuwal, and demanded immediate payment of his consultancy fees.

Consequently, the House of Representatives’ lawyer, Mr Femi Falana intervened, seeking an amicable settlement. Unfortunately, the settlement efforts dragged on for months without any positive outcome to date.

Given the nonchalance exhibited and the colossal abuse of office by both the Speaker and the Committee Chairman all these months, Enwegbara finally decided it is time to seek a redress in the Court of law; hence this lawsuit” Enwegbara, said in a statement.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=97182

1 Like

Re: How Unfair Can We Be To Jonathan? by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 5:45pm On Aug 22, 2015
azimibraun:
Was he fair to Nigerians when he politicized the Boko Haram crisis; was he fair not intervening in the gruesome murder of the Aluu 4; was he fair sending our boys ndd girls to war ill-equipped; was he fair plunging Nigeria into her worst economic shape; was he fair to late azazzi; was he fair to Buhri when his boys rubbished buhari and took advantage of Buhari's poor communication skills; was he fair to lte yaradua; abandoned the 7point agenda. And reversed most of Yaradua's legacy projects( dredging of river niger) was GEJ fair to the IDPS his actions created; was GEJ to the South-south; blew the regions rare opportunity of second term the first which has almost nothing to show for; finally was GEJ fair to himself? He disappointed himself the most.

You are irredeemable bigot.

Buhari and Elrufia politicized Bokoharam while Northern Elders saw Gen. Ihejirika as enemy of the North for prosecuting the war against Bokoharam.

6 Likes

Re: How Unfair Can We Be To Jonathan? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:06pm On Aug 22, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
People have soon forgotten his giant strides that made Nigeria the best country in the universe for foreign direct investment according to Wall Street Journal and every other international agencies.

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/flde3rlv6gh189k5qbp3p1h0vijwb5z7412359[/img]

The fear of Buhari as they put it, is now usurping every accolade due to Goodluck Jonathan. What a form of hatred and ingratitude.
I've asked you, I will continue to ask you: Define hatred.
Re: How Unfair Can We Be To Jonathan? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:11pm On Aug 22, 2015
Say whatever you wish, Jonathan must be probed. Onye chori gbuo onwe ya, ya ga n'iru.

2 Likes

Re: How Unfair Can We Be To Jonathan? by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 6:30pm On Aug 22, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Say whatever you wish, Jonathan must be probed. Onye chori gbuo onwe ya, ya ga n'iru.

We are saying the same thing but unfortunately, we have a generation lost to corruption which was not engineered by Jonathan.

By my definition

Hatred is an absolute antagonistic rejection of someone or something without recourse to fair judgment, comparative analysis and consideration that makes the brain (even that of an intellectual) irrational when contemplating issues bordering on the object being hated.

4 Likes

Re: How Unfair Can We Be To Jonathan? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:40pm On Aug 22, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

We are saying the same thing but unfortunately, we have a generation lost to corruption which was not engineered by Jonathan.

By my definition

Hatred is an absolute antagonistic rejection of someone or something without recourse to fair judgment, comparative analysis and consideration that makes the brain (even that of an intellectual) irrational when contemplating issues bordering on the object being hated.
I've not said anything, I only asked a question; why say we're saying the same thing?

Hatred must have a special meaning that makes certain people to make use of it.
Re: How Unfair Can We Be To Jonathan? by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 7:17pm On Aug 22, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

I've not said anything, I only asked a question; why say we're saying the same thing?

Hatred must have a special meaning that makes certain people to make use of it.

I corroborated with your assertion that Jonathan should be probed but does "probing Jonathan" means his administration was illegal or that his policies and decisions are illegitimate and void?

It is incumbent on this administration to Give queries, receive answers and if not satisfied investigate and seek for further clarification before alleging that a crime has been committed and consequently charge the culprits to court - this is what probe is all about and not slandering peoples hard earned reputation on pages of newspapers and on social media for political gains.

Do you know the amount of damage done to Nigeria's image before the international community and the direct and indirect consequences on our economy by all these unsubstantiated allegations that may not see any court session? This is becoming terrible.

4 Likes

Re: How Unfair Can We Be To Jonathan? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:21pm On Aug 22, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

I corroborated with your assertion that Jonathan should be probed but does "probing Jonathan" means his administration was illegal or that his policies and decisions are illegitimate and void?

Give queries, receive answers and if not satisfied investigate and seek for further clarification before alleging that a crime has been committed and consequently charge the culprits to court - this is what probe is all about and not slandering peoples hard earned reputation on pages of newspapers and on social media for political gains.

Do you know the amount of damage done to Nigeria's image before the international community and the direct and indirect consequences on our economy by all these unsubstantiated allegations that may not see any court session? This is becoming terrible.
My joy is that Buhari cannot be distracted. Jonathan is going to be probed. It is a "sure banker" fact. You may wail till eternity.
Re: How Unfair Can We Be To Jonathan? by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 7:24pm On Aug 22, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

My joy is that Buhari cannot be distracted. Jonathan is going to be probed. It is a "sure banker" fact. You may wail till eternity.

You are lost if this reply was meant for the comment you quoted.

A generation lost to corruption feeling funky.

4 Likes

Re: How Unfair Can We Be To Jonathan? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:26pm On Aug 22, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

You may say what you wish, Jonathan must be probed. You and your type are not lost yet you want Wike to probe only Amaechi while Buhari should start the probe from the 1960's. Bunch of blockheads.

2 Likes

Re: How Unfair Can We Be To Jonathan? by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 7:37pm On Aug 22, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

You may say what you wish, Jonathan must be probed. You and you type are not lost yet you want Wike to probe only Amaechi while Buhari should start the probe from the 1960's. Bunch of blockheads.

You are discussing with the wrong person or may be you think everyone on Nairaland is a busybody.

Take your time and scan through my posts to know what topics I discuss and the quality of my analyses. I am not interested and I'm not involved in playing "their enemies enemy is our friend" critique and game.

4 Likes

Re: How Unfair Can We Be To Jonathan? by chudionu58(f): 8:51pm On Aug 22, 2015
Abagworo:

Obasanjo did everything the writer wrongfully ascribed to Jonathan. Jonathan/Yar'Adua could not build on Obasanjo's success hence there era will be forgotten. Obasanjo is synonymous with GSM/Telecoms, Banking, Stoch Exchange, EFCC, NAFDAC etc. Gas to Power and construction of power plants was equally Obasanjo's brainchild which Jonathan inherited at very advanced stage but could not achieve results because of corruption, political interest and impunity.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nnaji-jonathan-s-administration-breached-fg-s-agreement-with-geometric/212267/

Abagworo, please shut up! your saint in Douglas house have not paid some civil servants salaries for 4-6 months! ADP are being owed complete six months, IMSUTH orlu, 4 months(these are the ones I know).

5 Likes

Re: How Unfair Can We Be To Jonathan? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:37pm On Aug 22, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

You are discussing with the wrong person or may be you think everyone on Nairaland is a busybody.

Take your time and scan through my posts to know what topics I discuss and the quality of my analyses. I am not interested and I'm not involved in playing "their enemies enemy is our friend" critique and game.
Ngwakwe, the disgraced ex-moderator. You have no reputation on this forum.
Re: How Unfair Can We Be To Jonathan? by LadyExcellency: 10:07pm On Aug 22, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Ngwakwe, the disgraced ex-moderator. You have no reputation on this forum.

You are not ashamed of yourself by trying to change the subject under discussion which is your forte. Mr "Derailer"

Trying to malign the indistinguishable and exceptional qualities Ngwakwe exhibited in shaping Nairaland can't get you anywhere, his focus stands unchanged. Better get lost if you can't stand him.

5 Likes

Re: How Unfair Can We Be To Jonathan? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:01pm On Aug 22, 2015
LadyExcellency:

You are not ashamed of yourself by trying to change the subject under discussion which is your forte. Mr "Derailer"

Trying to malign the indistinguishable and exceptional qualities Ngwakwe exhibited in shaping Nairaland can't get you anywhere, his focus stands unchanged. Better get lost if you can't stand him.
Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: How Unfair Can We Be To Jonathan? by EdCure: 11:22pm On Aug 22, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
APC either questioned or denied every giant stride by Jonathan's government when we all were witnesses to the changes.

I remember the famous 50 questions APC Chairman of House committee paid N115 million to compose yet he couldn't defend it notwithstanding his perfect Cv

Read the tone of Mr Chairman and observe the ego and autocratic leadership display in this dialogue.
What is the import of the quoted incidence to the so-called "giant strides" of Jonathan?
Your post is not congruent.

3 Likes

Re: How Unfair Can We Be To Jonathan? by EdCure: 11:29pm On Aug 22, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

You may say what you wish, Jonathan must be probed. You and you type are not lost yet you want Wike to probe only Amaechi while Buhari should start the probe from the 1960's. Bunch of blockheads.
Exactly!
The hypocrisy of the tanoid wailers is disgusting.

3 Likes

Re: How Unfair Can We Be To Jonathan? by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 3:15am On Aug 23, 2015
EdCure:

What is the import of the quoted incidence to the so-called "giant strides" of Jonathan?
Your post is not congruent.

The origin of the denials from APC puppets in the HOR amid international recognition of the giant strides especially in economy and agriculture.

The APC were ready to tell the world that the indices and achievements they used to put Nigeria in favourable outlook were either lies or fabricated.

APC thinks they can build Nigeria by first destroying it but they will eventually see themselves setting the country backward of which they will blame Jonathan for their failures.

It is a pity hearing APC telling us how backward Johnathan's regime set Nigeria as if Nigerians are foools and gullible.

1 Like

Re: How Unfair Can We Be To Jonathan? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:53am On Aug 23, 2015
EdCure:
Exactly! The hypocrisy of the tanoid wailers is disgusting.
It's disgusting.
Re: How Unfair Can We Be To Jonathan? by emmasege: 6:33am On Aug 23, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Show us what a pass or good performance looks like and allow Nigerians to judge if Jonathan was a failure or not. Propaganda can't sustain a movement for a long time. The good thing about Jonathan's administration is that events and the giant strides are on tapes, media and most importantly on ground.

It is only among APC sycophants that content of administrative or operational query becomes evidence and facts without corresponding answers (explanations) to the query.

Everyday, we are bombarded by Gov. Oshemhole on how ridiculous Dr Iweala's performance and activities were as Coordinating Minister, thank goodness, his acts of desperation never lasted nor did it took time to rebound and today Nigerians see him as the latest slowpoke in town - what a tragedy.
Good response for a fool
Re: How Unfair Can We Be To Jonathan? by otukpo(f): 12:47pm On Aug 23, 2015
socialmediaman:

Are Nigerians hating Buhari because he has decided to bring criminals to book? They will only start hating when his war on corruption affects only members of the opposition party

No, nobidy is hating on buhary saying or trying to brimg criminals to book. Infact we want him to do that.

What I am saying is that where anyone deserves credit, give him credit for that. And where one has been found wanting, prosecute h accordinly with evidence
Re: How Unfair Can We Be To Jonathan? by ba7man(m): 1:52pm On Aug 23, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

I'm not part of that generation.......... are you?
Re: How Unfair Can We Be To Jonathan? by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 2:06pm On Aug 23, 2015
ba7man:
I'm not part of that generation.......... are you?

I meant this generation of students that curse lecturers that refuse to compromise by awarding paid scores and passengers that force drivers to settle Police on highways even when their particulars are complete.
Re: How Unfair Can We Be To Jonathan? by ba7man(m): 2:09pm On Aug 23, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

I meant this generation of students that curse lecturers that refuse to compromise by awarding paid scores and passengers that force drivers to settle Police on highways even when their particulars are complete.

Not all are lost.......... but a lot are.
Re: How Unfair Can We Be To Jonathan? by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 2:20pm On Aug 23, 2015
ba7man:
Not all are lost.......... but a lot are.

But then, this group threatens hell and brimstone on whoever refuses to compromise on their wayward lifestyle (corruption) then come online and starts shouting corruption here and there when they will gladly be involved if the opportunity calls.

I hate hypocrisy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News CCT Postponed Saraki's Hearing Till November 5th and 6th !!! / #biafra : Indigenous People Of Biafra Protest In Canada (photos) / Don’t Accept Excuses For Power Failure, Fashola Tells Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.