Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,889 members, 7,817,614 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Don’t Accept Excuses For Power Failure, Fashola Tells Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Accept Excuses For Power Failure, Fashola Tells Nigerians (2491 Views)

Power Failure: Fashola Gets 30-day Ultimatum To Revive Power Sector Or Resign / "I Don’t Accept Gifts From People" - Aisha Buhari / Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Accept Excuses For Power Failure, Fashola Tells Nigerians by kurt09(m): 8:41pm On Mar 11, 2016
The Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola has called on Nigerians not to accept any excuses for power failure in the past four years.
Fashola who was speaking at an occasion
to handover 8.8 Megawatts Mainland
Independent Power Plants (IPP) in Ikeja,
Lagos said four years is enough for the
Federal Government to have delivered
electricity to Nigerians.
The governor who said that delivering
power is not rocket science noted that
Nigeria remains the only country in the
world that has gas and petroleum but
lacked electricity.
He noted that many countries in Europe
depend on gas from Russia adding that
even if Russia decides to cut off gas, they
never experience power failure adding
that his government has been able to
deliver what it has promised.
The governor said that if the National
Assembly provides the appropriate
legislation that would enable states to
generate and distributes electricity to
Nigerians it will deliver adding that what
will be required then is for Nigerians to be prepared to consume electricity according to their pockets.
The governors also faulted recent
privatization of the Power Holding
Company of Nigeria(PHCN) noting that the process has not delivered light to the
expectations of Nigerians because those
who are competent were not
accommodated in the privatisation
process.

He challenged Nigerians that as the 2015
general elections draws close, they should see good roads, energy and the likes in the voter’s card adding that they must use it to put the right person into office.
He noted that whatever choice that is
made, Nigerians will have to live with it in
the next four years.
Earlier in his speech, Commissioner for
Energy, Engineer Taofic Tijani said the
power plant is made possible through a
public private partnership between the
Lagos State Government and a
consortium of Mainland Power Limited,
CET Power and Solad Electric Limited.
“The 8.8 Mw Mainland Power Plant will
henceforth guarantee unlimited power
supply to the old secretariat complex ,
Lagos High Court, LASUTH, water works,
energy academy and public lighting”, he
said.

www.starconnectmedia.com/2014/10/29/dont-accept-excuses-for-power-failure-fashola-tells-nigerians/

1 Like

Re: Don’t Accept Excuses For Power Failure, Fashola Tells Nigerians by divinehand2003(m): 8:49pm On Mar 11, 2016
Lol
Now that you are the present minister of power, hope we shall have enough power supply by 2019 ?
Re: Don’t Accept Excuses For Power Failure, Fashola Tells Nigerians by Realist2: 8:54pm On Mar 11, 2016
But they just apologised for blackout not long ago, is trend a reminder, rejoinder or contravening the press release by liar's SA ?.
Re: Don’t Accept Excuses For Power Failure, Fashola Tells Nigerians by kurt09(m): 9:10pm On Mar 11, 2016
Realist2:
But they just apologised for blackout not long ago, is trend a reminder, rejoinder or contravening the press release by liar's SA ?.
Just a reminder dear.

"He noted that many countries in Europe
depend on gas from Russia adding that
even if Russia decides to cut off gas, they
never experience power failure adding
that his government has been able to
deliver what it has promised."
Re: Don’t Accept Excuses For Power Failure, Fashola Tells Nigerians by nabiz(m): 9:34pm On Mar 11, 2016
grin
Re: Don’t Accept Excuses For Power Failure, Fashola Tells Nigerians by bigboss80s(m): 9:54pm On Mar 11, 2016
Huh?
Re: Don’t Accept Excuses For Power Failure, Fashola Tells Nigerians by vtsouthpaw(m): 9:59pm On Mar 11, 2016
Now he is at the helm of affairs....We need to see changes as soon as possible. Afterall the tariff has bn increased, let see the effect of the increment!
Only in naija you pay ahead for service you ain't sure of it quality/availability.

Enough of too much grammar abeg!

I no want hear una story by 2019....Pls fulfil all u guys promised us oooo!!!
Re: Don’t Accept Excuses For Power Failure, Fashola Tells Nigerians by kurt09(m): 10:38pm On Mar 11, 2016
vtsouthpaw:
Now he is at the helm of affairs....We need to see changes as soon as possible. Afterall the tariff has bn increased, let see the effect of the increment!
Only in naija you pay ahead for service you ain't sure of it quality/availability.

Enough of too much grammar abeg!

I no want hear una story by 2019....Pls fulfil all u guys promised us oooo!!!
Spot on
Re: Don’t Accept Excuses For Power Failure, Fashola Tells Nigerians by dopedealer(m): 12:50am On Mar 12, 2016
Like seriously I am done with APCHIT!
Somebody pls help me.
IPOB pls welcome me I m tired of the zoo
Re: Don’t Accept Excuses For Power Failure, Fashola Tells Nigerians by Flexherbal(m): 1:00am On Mar 12, 2016
The first photo passes the message more than the text.
Re: Don’t Accept Excuses For Power Failure, Fashola Tells Nigerians by sorom4: 2:18am On Mar 12, 2016
These APC goons or abi na gorrila's from their media chant supporters to their foot soidiers and their leaders no get shame at all. Person go know say he no dey deliver on his promises and he go still get mouth to dey take us back to history of how things were happening. Abeg make una help me remind them that Nigerians elected them to solve the various problems that has made us to suffer and not to give excuses or remind us how things no dey go well before

1 Like

Re: Don’t Accept Excuses For Power Failure, Fashola Tells Nigerians by SoNature(m): 5:50am On Mar 12, 2016
Talk is cheap. While we were still waiting for magician Fashola to do the magic, he blessed us with power tariff rise. Buhari should not have given him 3 portfolios because he can't deliver on all in 4 years.

When I see how terrible electricity has become, I laugh at my Yoruba friend who used to say that if Fashola was president he would transform Nigeria the way he transformed Lagos.

Now, Fashola will understand that Lagos is probably the smallest state in Nigeria so it's easy to governor unlike now that you can't be in Abuja and who what is happening in all the power stations in Niger, Lagos, Rivers, Enugu, Kano, etc.

Nigeria's power sector needs a miracle!
Re: Don’t Accept Excuses For Power Failure, Fashola Tells Nigerians by Sunky200: 6:38am On Mar 12, 2016
providing electricity is not rocket science esp. for oil producing countries
but how can we address vandalization and efforts sabotage
though i belief fash intentions and plans are good.
will criticize or praise him in 9months time

1 Like

Re: Don’t Accept Excuses For Power Failure, Fashola Tells Nigerians by ThankGodEdeh(m): 6:56am On Mar 12, 2016
Karma is a bitch
Re: Don’t Accept Excuses For Power Failure, Fashola Tells Nigerians by Coolcash1: 7:14am On Mar 12, 2016
Let's be patient with BRF.. He is not a magician. After all, he has yet to spend one year in office... I understand the plight of Nigerians but let just give our dear Fash time to prove his mettle...
Re: Don’t Accept Excuses For Power Failure, Fashola Tells Nigerians by UrbanMystique: 7:20am On Mar 12, 2016
Well at least he said past 4years not 10months.

I'm pattiantly waiting for 2019.
Re: Don’t Accept Excuses For Power Failure, Fashola Tells Nigerians by bigerboy200: 7:26am On Mar 12, 2016
Patience is all we need right now..I believe things will get better...and if the agents of change don't deliver,2019 isn't far,we shall kick dem out...
Re: Don’t Accept Excuses For Power Failure, Fashola Tells Nigerians by rozayx5(m): 7:33am On Mar 12, 2016
lalasticlala front page please - how fashola's comments came back to hunt him grin grin grin
Re: Don’t Accept Excuses For Power Failure, Fashola Tells Nigerians by henryutd(m): 9:42am On Jun 25, 2016
Fashola, how far nah? I need to push this to your twitter account sharpaly

(1) (Reply)

Can Anyone Islamize Or Christianize Nigeria? / Ex-president Boys Behind N-delta Avengers – Ex-militant Alleges / Nigeria Won't Have Survived If GEJ Had Won 2015 Presidential Election – Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.