Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,611 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:09 AM

Ford Technological Solution. - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ford Technological Solution. (15130 Views)

Ford’s Self-driving Vans Are Now Delivering Food In Miami / NADDC Engages BMW, Ford, VW, Nissan & Others Towards Local Production In Nigeria / More From Innoson Motors, Dulevo, Isuzu , Ford waste compactors. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ford Technological Solution. by Femtopford(m): 6:23pm On Oct 20, 2015
Ford Ranger auxiliary is very efficient particularly the 4x4 low which is capable of crawling out of swamp because of its high locking torque.
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by Femtopford(m): 10:18am On Oct 22, 2015
E150/250/350 is very good for commercial and multipurpose, yet its electronic features is up to standard in the aspects of fuel economy to render the best service. It is the best choice for all Commercial purposes.
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by chyka2011: 9:28pm On Oct 27, 2015
chyka2011:

Please how do I re calibrate it? What type of scanning tool should I use?
Femtopford:
If it's still good, you can re-calibrate it. IDS(integrated diagnostic software) and VCM(vehicle communication module) is the best machine to use. But there are other CAN-4 legislation machines that are applicable.

I have fixed the problem. I removed the sensor and noticed rust under it. I sandpapered out the rust and fixed it back then removed the battery terminals to reset the PCM. That fixed it.
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by Femtopford(m): 11:43am On Oct 29, 2015
Quite OK
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by Femtopford(m): 10:06am On Oct 30, 2015
F150 2004-2010 5.4lits engine is very rugged, it's v8 with high compression ratio and volumetric efficiency. It has good power output, it can serve the purpose of private and commercial.
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by Femtopford(m): 3:23pm On Nov 01, 2015
Ford edge has exterior beauty second to none/Aero dynamics which moves swiftly and overcomes wind resistance. Interior is harmony to human satisfaction. Transmission, ABS, suspension and steering are incorporated and interactive to enhance the best stability. Engine has good volumetric efficiency/power output and low fuel consumption. Services /repair very affordable.

1 Like

Re: Ford Technological Solution. by Femtopford(m): 8:22am On Nov 03, 2015
Some of the Ford freestyle are incorporated with continuesly drive chain variable transmission. Note :only Motorcraft cvt fluid is applicable and do not add a slightest drop of any other which can contaminate the fluid and destroys the transaxle.
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by Femtopford(m): 8:19am On Nov 04, 2015
Erase the idea of Ford consuming fuel, there is no such thing as far as Ford is concerned. Is either you have powertrain fault or lack of exhaust control back pressure on your Ford.
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by Femtopford(m): 8:58am On Nov 06, 2015
Ford hybrid is reassuring, the generator motor serves as an empowerment for the traction motor and battery booster.
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by Femtopford(m): 6:53pm On Nov 07, 2015
Motorcraft engine oil 5w20/5w30 synthetic, premium synthetic and full synthetic are quite available at all Ford sole distributors across the country.
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by Femtopford(m): 6:02pm On Nov 09, 2015
Ford vehicles keep flying the flag.
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by Femtopford(m): 9:10am On Nov 11, 2015
You need not add any fuel treatment or additives to your fuel, it will react with the hydrocarbon structure of the fuel and cause precipitate in the tank. Which will congill and lead to fuel pump seizure, choke the fuel filter and injection nozzles.
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by Femtopford(m): 6:03pm On Nov 16, 2015
Motorcraft recommended brake pads should be used on Ford to avoid burnt or damage brake disc.
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by Femtopford(m): 6:10pm On Nov 18, 2015
Motorcraft oil and fluid for Ford, Lincoln And Mercury vehicles is paramount, no imitation and compromise. As for Femtopford, it's been embedded with Motorcraft and can never be wiggled. To be highly cognizant of various grades of Motorcraft fluid supernatural therapy, Traverse deeply with FEMTOPFORD.

1 Like

Re: Ford Technological Solution. by AkayTopsy: 6:54pm On Nov 18, 2015
Good Job Bro! MORE Motorcraft fluid to your ELBOW.

Pls I am expecting my first Vehicle from Ford by weekend from Coutonu. A 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac for my farm use.

Kindly advise on the first basic things I have to do to ensure a good start with my new Ride.

God Bless.
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by Femtopford(m): 9:04am On Nov 20, 2015
Thanks for Motorcraft acknowledgement. Basic things to do at foremost are engine and transmission service.
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by AkayTopsy: 10:37am On Nov 20, 2015
Kindly educate me more...

What is the difference between transmission service and engine service?

I stay in Abj. pls where can I get Motorcraft Fluid/Oil and how much does it cost?
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by whizboi19001: 6:26am On Nov 21, 2015
Hello house I plan to buy a Ford Explorer 2012 or 2013 model by next week and I need to know if there are any issues I should be aware of? I currently drive a 2003 Explorer, its very rugged and the most reliable car I have ever used. I have been using my explorer for over 7 years now without any issues, without even opening the engine apart from normal change of oil and tires. I need expert advise about the latest models of Ford Explorer.

Is it advisable to buy this car in Lagos or Cotonue?
I want to know which car shops in Lagos I can find Ford Explorer 2012/2013, I am not looking at RT Briscoe and Cosharis ALL their things are extremely expensive and for politicians only.

FOR CAR DEALERS IN NIGERIA OR COTONUE: Whats your best deal for a 2011/12 Ford explorer Limited or XLT? It must be full options, reverse camera, leather seat and most importantly the mileage should me below 100,000.

Since I am not based in Lagos I want to get as much info as possible before beading to Lagos next week.
Thanks in advance
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by whizboi19001: 6:27am On Nov 21, 2015
AkayTopsy:
Kindly educate me more...

What is the difference between transmission service and engine service?

I stay in Abj. pls where can I get Motorcraft Fluid/Oil and how much does it cost?

Bros, Transmission means GEAR BOX, am sure you know what engine is?

Gearbox is called transmission in the west, especially USA. Hope that helps...
Meanwhile I need answers to my own questions
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by AkayTopsy: 7:06am On Nov 21, 2015
tnx @ whizboi
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by Femtopford(m): 1:41pm On Nov 21, 2015
[quote author=whizboi19001 post=40244651]Hello house I plan to buy a Ford Explorer 2012 or 2013 model by next week and I need to know if there are any issues I should be aware of? I currently drive a 2003 Explorer, its very rugged and the most reliable car I have ever used. I have been using my explorer for over 7 years now without any issues, without even opening the engine apart from normal change of oil and tires. I need expert advise about the latest models of Ford Explorer.

Is it advisable to buy this car in Lagos or Cotonue?
I want to know which car shops in Lagos I can find Ford Explorer 2012/2013, I am not looking at RT Briscoe and Cosharis ALL their things are extremely expensive and for politicians only.

FOR CAR DEALERS IN NIGERIA OR COTONUE: Whats your best deal for a 2011/12 Ford explorer Limited or XLT? It must be full options, reverse camera, leather seat and most importantly the mileage should me below 100,000.

Since I am not based in Lagos I want to get as much info as possible before beading to Lagos next week.
Thanks in advance
[/quote

Explorer 12/13 is also reliable as you have enjoyed 03, even better because rate of spare parts depreciation on Explorer 13 is very minima than 03. As at moment all that required is just routine service
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by whizboi19001: 1:56pm On Nov 21, 2015
[quote author=Femtopford post=40257221][/quote]

Ok thank you for confirmation.
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by Femtopford(m): 6:17am On Nov 25, 2015
Ford edge are many in the country now, gone are the days while automechanics and spare parts are rare
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by Femtopford(m): 8:17am On Nov 27, 2015
Ford injector nozzles always last till the lifespan of the vehicles, because they have durable inbuilt electromagnetic coils.
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by anotherboy: 9:36am On Nov 28, 2015
hello all

I got a naija used 2001 tribute with a 04ford escape engine that has a terrible fuel consumption even as a V6. a technician friend had it scanned and got d following codes: po401, po161, po141, po125 and something abt d pcm.
anyway not surprised because all d O2 sensors aren't connected to d engine while d fan is connected directly to d engine. it picks immediately u turn on d engine.
I was told overheating usually associated with d vehicle brand was d reason for d direct fan connection while nothing concrete on d o2 sensors.
so far like six months now I haven't had an engine issue other than alternator, kickstarter and suspension issues which have bn attended to and I was advised to keep managing d engine that way.
but truly need ur advise on how I can bring d engine performance to normal and confident level

Re: Ford Technological Solution. by Femtopford(m): 6:09pm On Dec 01, 2015
anotherboy:
hello all

I got a naija used 2001 tribute with a 04ford escape engine that has a terrible fuel consumption even as a V6. a technician friend had it scanned and got d following codes: po401, po161, po141, po125 and something abt d pcm.
anyway not surprised because all d O2 sensors aren't connected to d engine while d fan is connected directly to d engine. it picks immediately u turn on d engine.
I was told overheating usually associated with d vehicle brand was d reason for d direct fan connection while nothing concrete on d o2 sensors.
so far like six months now I haven't had an engine issue other than alternator, kickstarter and suspension issues which have bn attended to and I was advised to keep managing d engine that way.
but truly need ur advise on how I can bring d engine performance to normal and confident level

Get it right, 01 tribute/escape doesn't come with 05 engine on less it was improvise. Both are 3.0lit, 01 engine is black plastic valves cover while 05 is aluminum cover.
The consumption of fuel fuel indicates that there are still powertrain faults that are yet to be resolved or exhaust gas control back pressure issue.
Connection of the fans directly is totally wrong, the engine will be running below recommended temperature and will alter the thermal efficiency which will be misunderstood by the PCM, so the resultant of PCM to injector nozzles will lead to fuel consumption.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ford Technological Solution. by jeudasky: 3:39pm On Dec 02, 2015
@Femtopford: will be getting a ford escape I wanted to speak with you on a few things on the phone do you mind?
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by Femtopford(m): 9:16am On Dec 03, 2015
jeudasky:
@Femtopford: will be getting a ford escape I wanted to speak with you on a few things on the phone do you mind?

It's proper etiquette to also converse on phone once it is car talk and analysis. Welcome!
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by Femtopford(m): 7:45pm On Dec 04, 2015
Electronic throttle assembly controls only the volume of air induced into the engine for starting, idle, partial throttle, acceleration and cruising of the vehicle.
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by chyka2011: 8:37pm On Dec 04, 2015
OP, keep up the good work.
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by Femtopford(m): 7:10pm On Dec 07, 2015
My gratitude, chyka2011
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by Femtopford(m): 10:29am On Dec 09, 2015
Ford (pcm) powertrain control module enhance the best starting system at cold through the management of input information from well to do sensors.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Racer Controls 196mph Nissan GT-R Using Playstation 4 Gamepad From An Helicopter / Hit And Run Driver Advised To Report Voluntarily To Ajah Police Station / How Much Does A Keke Napep Cost?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.