Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,760 members, 7,820,649 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Ford Technological Solution. - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ford Technological Solution. (14859 Views)

Ford’s Self-driving Vans Are Now Delivering Food In Miami / NADDC Engages BMW, Ford, VW, Nissan & Others Towards Local Production In Nigeria / More From Innoson Motors, Dulevo, Isuzu , Ford waste compactors. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ford Technological Solution. by Femtopford(m): 6:15pm On Apr 18, 2017
Ford f150 fault codes p0715 transmission turbine speed sensor incorrect input doesn't really imply a faulty sensor but violation of fluid specifications.
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by Femtopford(m): 5:22pm On Jun 07, 2017
You need not add any fuel treatment or additives to your fuel, it will react with the hydrocarbon structure of the fuel and cause precipitate in the tank which will lead to fuel pump seizure, choke the fuel filter and injection nozzles.
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by Nobody: 12:47am On Jun 18, 2017
Hello,what's your advice on Ford Transit bus with diesel engine?Are the parts available?
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by Femtopford(m): 10:46am On Aug 01, 2017
nyben4eva:
Hello,what's your advice on Ford Transit bus with diesel engine?Are the parts available?

Yes the parts are available, it's a nice bus and depression very low
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by Femtopford(m): 5:47pm On Aug 07, 2017
Ford Escape 2005 - 2011 rating noise from the front wheels while vehicle on motion doesn't really imply suspension problem. Check the Brake pads for its reality
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by Femtopford(m): 9:32am On Aug 11, 2017
Ford edge incorporates a fail save mode. When overheating occurs due to puncture radiator, the PCM authorizes locking command and shut down the engine at approximately 120'C according to engine coolant thermistor thereby prevent the engine from knocking or burnt gasket
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by Femtopford(m): 2:11pm On Aug 16, 2017
Ford edge are highly rugged, any frontal or rear collision only affect the peripheral without chassis deformation
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by Femtopford(m): 3:41pm On Aug 20, 2017
Ford Escape brake pads are varies in specifications, use the correct else you create unnecessary front noise
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by Ernestbukky(m): 6:18pm On Aug 20, 2017
Is it advisable to remove my Ford galaxy 1998 thermostat. Because my friend and one mechanic convinced me, that it's better to remove it to avoid overheating. Though I didn't like the idea but I let them disconnect it. Will it affect anything?
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by Ernestbukky(m): 6:43pm On Aug 20, 2017
Secondly, recently the timing chain of my engine broke and damaged a lot of things around there which cost me lots of money in buying, but I still don't know what caused that problem, I don't know whether it's as result of wrong oil used because when that car entered Nigeria that was on May this year, I showed my friend the specification of the oil by the manufacturer which is 0W-30. Which I gave him money to buy not knowing he bought total 20W-50. After a month of driving the car, i started noticing some funny sound from the engine,sound like Mitsubishi L300 diesel engine, I went to mechanic and complained he said I should change the oil that maybe the one bought previously didn't acquaint well with some parts of the engine. We looked for 0W-30 but couldn't see, we then bought Total 15w-40 and the noise persist, the guy said that one of the valve cup is bad and needs replacement na so the guy do comot the car from its timing. In conclusion, he later fixed the car but after a week plus, the noise surface and the next was the cutting of the timing chain plus other damages. What could have caused it?
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by Femtopford(m): 9:45am On Aug 21, 2017
Ernestbukky:
Is it advisable to remove my Ford galaxy 1998 thermostat. Because my friend and one mechanic convinced me, that it's better to remove it to avoid overheating. Though I didn't like the idea but I let them disconnect it. Will it affect anything?

YES WILL AFFECT A LOT. that's why have been hammering on the advice of taking vehicles to learned technicians that are practically oriented. Though the orthodox Mechanics are trying to their best but limited when it comes to technological calculations. This will give me a leverage to explain the importance of thermostat in motor vehicles.

Absence of thermostat will make engine to wear out quickly because coolant will begin circulation at cold starting particularly in the morning and the engine will be running on lower temperature below it's temperature specifications.

With the above effect, the engine will take longer to warm up and longer to attain it operating temperature. During this period, the fuel/air substance induced into the engine would not be 100% gaseous form but few percent will be in liquid form, because there wasn't specific induction chamber temperature to to keep the gaseous form of the substance in check due to absence of thermostat.

The liquefied state substance in the engine combustion chamber will find it way and escape through the engine rings down to the engine oil reservoir due to its density. This will mix with engine oil and destroys the oil viscosity. Viscosity in a nut shell is the magical power of oil to carry out its lubricating effects according to their different grades.

So when engine oil looses its lubricating power, the outcome will be all those problems that happened to your vehicle and more, damage will continue to occur on every components of the engine that depend on lubrication.

When thermostat is present, engine cannot overheat if the cooling system is efficient because the thermostat will open at exact 90°c irrespective of the climate and engine cooling will begin which is the specification of the engine operating temperature.

I want you to ask yourself this question, why is that all new vehicles sold from motor companies in Nigeria aren't overheating despite the fact that they all possess thermostats and in our hot climate, because their electronic/Mechanical cooling systems are efficient, not by removal of thermostats.

3 Likes

Re: Ford Technological Solution. by Femtopford(m): 10:21am On Aug 21, 2017
Ernestbukky:
Secondly, recently the timing chain of my engine broke and damaged a lot of things around there which cost me lots of money in buying, but I still don't know what caused that problem, I don't know whether it's as result of wrong oil used because when that car entered Nigeria that was on May this year, I showed my friend the specification of the oil by the manufacturer which is 0W-30. Which I gave him money to buy not knowing he bought total 20W-50. After a month of driving the car, i started noticing some funny sound from the engine,sound like Mitsubishi L300 diesel engine, I went to mechanic and complained he said I should change the oil that maybe the one bought previously didn't acquaint well with some parts of the engine. We looked for 0W-30 but couldn't see, we then bought Total 15w-40 and the noise persist, the guy said that one of the valve cup is bad and needs replacement na so the guy do comot the car from its timing. In conclusion, he later fixed the car but after a week plus, the noise surface and the next was the cutting of the timing chain plus other damages. What could have caused it?

Yes, usage of wrong engine oil coupled with affected engine oil viscosity caused by absence of thermostat was the result of the tappet cups destruction. The tappet cups solely depend on engine oil lubrication.

It was repaired and noise after few period, then cutting of timing. All are due to lost of efficient lubrication. Then the timing has its specific and calculated interval between the lower components(DRIVER) and upper components(DRIVEN). Any slight error altering this interval will lead to engine poor performance or not starting at all.

While cutting of timing will lead to collision of upper and lower components because of their calculated interval as they operate simultaneously.
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by Ernestbukky(m): 11:38am On Aug 21, 2017
Thanks Bro, I later enter Mobil filling station and bought Mobil 1 engine oil 0w-40, though it's very costly #14,500. Secondly, is it mechanic or electrician that will fix back that thermostat?
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by Femtopford(m): 12:08pm On Aug 21, 2017
[quote author=Ernestbukky post=59682763]Thanks Bro, I later enter Mobil filling station and bought Mobil 1 engine oil 0w-40, though it's very costly #14,500. Secondly, is it mechanic or electrician that will fix back that thermostat? [/quote

It's Mechanic that will fix it
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by Ernestbukky(m): 12:09pm On Aug 23, 2017
Boss the thermostat is now connected back and the relay removed but I have observed the fan for a while now and it seems not to turn while standing and looking at it. But the temperature gauge looks ok on the dashboard. If the air conditioner is on, the fan starts rotating immediately. Boss now that the thermostat is connected, how do I know if it's working?
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by Femtopford(m): 3:16pm On Aug 23, 2017
Ernestbukky:
Boss the thermostat is now connected back and the relay removed but I have observed the fan for a while now and it seems not to turn while standing and looking at it. But the temperature gauge looks ok on the dashboard. If the air conditioner is on, the fan starts rotating immediately. Boss now that the thermostat is connected, how do I know if it's working?

The paramount concerns is to make sure the temperature Gauge doesn't exceed middle level.

Procedure to confirm the normal operation of thermostat, (1) Can get accurate results only in the morning when the engine is totally cold. (2)Auto transmission in park position. (3)Manual transmission in neutral with parking brake on or wheels shock from front and rear. (4)Open the bonnet to get set. (5)Start the engine while the bonnet is opened. (6)come back to the bonnet immediately while the engine is running. (7)Hold the upper big radiator hose with your Palm round the hose. (coolThe hose mustn't increase its original temperature for the next maximum of 2mins. (9)While placing your Palm round the radiator upper big hose constantly. (10)Must maintain it original temp for a good thermostat. (11)There after the temperature of the hose can begin to increase at about 3mins or above.
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by Femtopford(m): 8:36am On Aug 28, 2017
Ford Explorer 2002-2009 transmission fault code P07xx doesn't really imply a defective transmission transaxle, inspect the fluid and replace according to specifications
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by Femtopford(m): 6:17am On Sep 01, 2017
Late built Ford vehicles without diagnosis fault P0012, cam position fault doesn't need cam sensor replacement, only scrutinize the vvt assembly.
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by Femtopford(m): 6:32am On Sep 11, 2017
Some Ford freestyle are incorporated with continuesly drive chain variable transmission. Only Motorcraft cvt fluid is applicable, do not add a slightest drop of any other, else it will contaminate the fluid and destroys the transaxle
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by Femtopford(m): 6:00am On Sep 18, 2017
Ford FIVE HUNDRED 3.0lit saloon 2005-2007 acceleration not responding will involve only replacement of transmission fluid Motorcraft continues variable chain (xt-7-qcft). Do not vandalize the vehicle by trying to work on the electronic accelerator or pcm.
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by zeekleo(m): 6:43am On Sep 23, 2017
good morning just bought a Ford Focus ZTE 2002 currently at the mechanic for check up as the previous owner didn't maintain it well. I notice alot was mentioned about Motorcraft fluid where can I get it? and I need more info on maintaining this car
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by Femtopford(m): 8:49am On Sep 23, 2017
zeekleo:
good morning just bought a Ford Focus ZTE 2002 currently at the mechanic for check up as the previous owner didn't maintain it well. I notice alot was mentioned about Motorcraft fluid where can I get it? and I need more info on maintaining this car

If you're in Lagos, it's available at Ladipo auto parts general market
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by zeekleo(m): 12:42pm On Sep 23, 2017
how much is it
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by zeekleo(m): 9:09am On Sep 24, 2017
Is it true I will only use one pack for oil change

Re: Ford Technological Solution. by chino4(m): 3:38pm On Sep 24, 2017
Hello bro. My ford Windstar 2003 model enters drive easily but when you put it on reverse u have to pedal the acceleration a longer time before it jerks into reverse speed with force .What is the cause and is there any solution.peter
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by Femtopford(m): 7:54am On Sep 25, 2017
zeekleo:
Is it true I will only use one pack for oil change

5 packs for all 1.6lit and 2.0lit. 6 packs for all 3.0lit, 3.5lit, 4.0lit, and 4.6lits. 8 packs for 5.4lits
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by Femtopford(m): 7:58am On Sep 25, 2017
chino4:
Hello bro. My ford Windstar 2003 model enters drive easily but when you put it on reverse u have to pedal the acceleration a longer time before it jerks into reverse speed with force .What is the cause and is there any solution.peter

There is 100% solution to the anomalies and best approach is to scan the transmission to enhance proper repair procedure
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by chino4(m): 6:29pm On Sep 25, 2017
Can you come to Ikeja computer village to help me with the scanning of the transmission fluid.
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by sultaan(m): 8:29pm On Sep 25, 2017
chino4:
Can you come to Ikeja computer village to help me with the scanning of the transmission fluid.

You scan the transmission for a fault if there is on but you never answered what is the color and the level of your transmission fluid?

Did your mechanic do a transmission service recently or added gear oil recently?
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by chino4(m): 7:40am On Sep 27, 2017
The colour of the gear oil is brown .The fault was present before my mechanic added transmission oil because I told him not to change it completely because of certain stuffs I read about changing the oil completely and not using the right oil.
Though the mechanic stated that the oil was short and that if its topped it should solve the problem.

Re: Ford Technological Solution. by zeekleo(m): 4:47pm On Sep 27, 2017
how much is Ac compressor for ford focus 2002
Re: Ford Technological Solution. by zeekleo(m): 6:20pm On Sep 27, 2017
how much is 2002 FORD FOCUS 2.0L ECM REPLACEMENT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Differences Between Straight 6 And V6 Engines / Nigerian Air Force, Innoson, Sign Agreement On Parts Procurement / 5 Common Signs Of A Failing Car Fuel Pump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.