Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,042 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Why Do We Really Get Married? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do We Really Get Married? (1922 Views)

How To Really Get A Girlfriend / Do Women Really Get Married To Someone They Love ? / EXCUSE ME ! , Can A Girl Really Get Pregnant By Swallowing Spermm Through B.j. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Really Get Married? by LOVELINENG: 3:50pm On Aug 22, 2015
This question has been avoided by many people. I was talking with a client and he said the society is the only reason he wants to get married and by society he means the pressure from his family and friends. Alot of people get married for the wrong reasons and that is why those marriages do not last. Which brings me to ask, why do people get married. If you are married already what gave you the conviction that you are ready to get married?

Visit our website www.lovelineng.com
Send US an email contact@lovelineng.com
Re: Why Do We Really Get Married? by Cutehector(m): 3:55pm On Aug 22, 2015
To hav sex and produce children

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Really Get Married? by miriamgroove: 3:58pm On Aug 22, 2015
Cutehector:
SERIOUSLY
Re: Why Do We Really Get Married? by lekjons(m): 3:58pm On Aug 22, 2015
to make babies, enjoy sex morally and to have get a lifetime support from ur partner
Re: Why Do We Really Get Married? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 22, 2015
TO have a steady supply of P**** undecided
Re: Why Do We Really Get Married? by yatch360: 3:58pm On Aug 22, 2015
So society Dont classify us as lossers

.and to have kids the intended right way

Yatch 360
Re: Why Do We Really Get Married? by Cutehector(m): 3:59pm On Aug 22, 2015
miriamgroove:
SERIOUSLY
yes na... Watelse.... Or do u get married to divorce and take half of ur man's property? Smh
Re: Why Do We Really Get Married? by DocAdray(f): 4:02pm On Aug 22, 2015
Firstly, for companionship.
Secondly, to be entitled to 'legal' sex and have kids.
Re: Why Do We Really Get Married? by miriamgroove: 4:02pm On Aug 22, 2015
Cutehector:
yes na... Watelse.... Or do u get married to divorce and take half of ur man's property? Smh
ARE U MARRIED? IF YES ..IS THAT WHAT U TELL UR WIFE..
Re: Why Do We Really Get Married? by LOVELINENG: 4:04pm On Aug 22, 2015
Cutehector:
What is you get tired of the sex? This is why divorce rate is high because people get married for wrong reasons.
Re: Why Do We Really Get Married? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 22, 2015
the bible said dat it is nt good 4 a man to be alone, so man was given a companion and a helper, we get married bcaus its a divine order and proclamatiom 4rm God the father, apart 4rm having kids and sex, man get married simply to be with a companion, smone u can share ur secrets to, smone dat can bring d best out of u and someone dat can help u

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Do We Really Get Married? by Cutehector(m): 4:07pm On Aug 22, 2015
LOVELINENG:

What is you get tired of the sex? This is why divorce rate is high because people get married for wrong reasons.
oh, so me getn married cuz I dnt wana hav sex outside marriage is a wrong thing right? Jeez you people won't cease to amaze me!
Re: Why Do We Really Get Married? by Cutehector(m): 4:09pm On Aug 22, 2015
miriamgroove:

ARE U MARRIED? IF YES ..IS THAT WHAT U TELL UR WIFE..
I am very much single and not havn sex outside marriage! Seek wisdome
Re: Why Do We Really Get Married? by IamLEGEND1: 4:10pm On Aug 22, 2015
1st. For the sex
2nd. sex
3rd. sex
4th. sex
5th. You know where i'm going with this right?
Re: Why Do We Really Get Married? by wtfCode: 4:10pm On Aug 22, 2015
u know, av asked myself this question many times.

Re: Why Do We Really Get Married? by SUGARBEE(f): 4:23pm On Aug 22, 2015
Well for companionship.. _sex, children etc
Re: Why Do We Really Get Married? by Fulaboy(m): 4:27pm On Aug 22, 2015
IamLEGEND1:
1st. For the sex

2nd. sex

3rd. sex

4th. sex

5th. You know where i'm going with this right?
Dude you forgot to mention food....... Me likey grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Really Get Married? by ronald4lif(m): 4:30pm On Aug 22, 2015
Most of the reasons giving here are still obtainable without marriage which is just a piece of paper. If truly these are the reasons people get married then it's safe to say the institution is hugely over-rated and isn't really what people thought it to be.

Anyways, as for me I don't even know why I intend to get married. The stories one reads everyday isn't encouraging and it makes one ponder if they really want to get married because they love to or to conform to societal stereotype.
Re: Why Do We Really Get Married? by xp17(m): 4:30pm On Aug 22, 2015
DocAdray:
Firstly, for companionship.
Secondly, to be entitled to 'legal' sex and have kids.
you saying having sex with someone you're not legally married to is illegal? I'll like to know if that is part of Nigerian constitution or a beer palor constitution. cheesy

@topic, marriage is the biggest scam most of us will eventually get in. I don't really see any good reason, except to fulfill all righteousness and to fit into a corporate society.
Re: Why Do We Really Get Married? by IamLEGEND1: 4:38pm On Aug 22, 2015
Fulaboy:
Dude you forgot to mention food....... Me likey grin

most of dem no sabi cook sef......

even gurgle.....

so na to turn dem into temporary baby factories.
Re: Why Do We Really Get Married? by Dekatron(m): 4:42pm On Aug 22, 2015
Left to me, i'd have a baby mama or have a wife, but not stay together always. Am not really looking forward to getting married apart from looking forwards to being a father.

Lets just say am not love/romance freak. I will get married, but mainly to have kids
Re: Why Do We Really Get Married? by ronald4lif(m): 4:45pm On Aug 22, 2015
xp17:
you saying having sex with someone you're not legally married to is illegal? I'll like to know if that is part of Nigerian constitution or a beer palor constitution. cheesy

@topic, marriage is the biggest scam most of us will eventually get in. I don't really see any good reason, except to fulfill all righteousness and to fit into a corporate society.

Abeg ask her o. Which one be legal sex and who made the rules on which sex is legal and which is not. Religion must have driven her statement but her ignorance is baffling as she doesn't know that religion doesn't define laws or morality.
Re: Why Do We Really Get Married? by Gurgle(f): 4:48pm On Aug 22, 2015
IamLEGEND1:

even gurgle.....

Abegi cry cry come and take plantain...lots and lots of plantain... cry embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Why Do We Really Get Married? by johnydon22(m): 4:51pm On Aug 22, 2015
Because of the simple biological characteristic called Mating and production of offspring. . . It is exhibited by many animals... Penguins mate for life and have far less divorce rate than humans....so it's a biological phenomenon.

To me it is my quest to spend my life with that special one, to get the opportunity to make her happy all my life, and be happy myself.. To get the opportunity to make the world better by giving it healthy kids. . Living with my beloved for the rest of our lives... Sounds like fairy tale i know smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Really Get Married? by xp17(m): 4:58pm On Aug 22, 2015
ronald4lif:

Abeg ask her o. Which one be legal sex and who made the rules on which sex is legal and which is not. Religion must have driven her statement but her ignorance is baffling as she doesn't know that religion doesn't define laws or morality.
i feel you bro. I guess she's viewing from the religious aspect, which really isn't a law, but a guideline set for moral ethics
Re: Why Do We Really Get Married? by IamLEGEND1: 5:07pm On Aug 22, 2015
Gurgle:

Abegi cry cry come and take plantain...lots and lots of plantain... cry embarassed embarassed embarassed

even me sabi fry plantain

na to arrange fura da nono(nunu) for me....

any wife wey no sabi am dey enter dustbin

#Pronto
Re: Why Do We Really Get Married? by DocAdray(f): 5:23pm On Aug 22, 2015
xp17:

I think I'm entitled to my OPINION, sir!
Re: Why Do We Really Get Married? by Fulaboy(m): 5:24pm On Aug 22, 2015
IamLEGEND1:

even gurgle.....

Eyyah sad But I don't think mrsphyno will disappoint
Re: Why Do We Really Get Married? by LOVELINENG: 5:25pm On Aug 22, 2015
http://lovelineng.com/index.php/2015/08/22/the-institution-of-marriage-wrong-reasons-people-get-married/
Lots of engaged persons would hate to read this. Wrong reasons why persons get married. Make the right choice and marry for the right reasons.
Re: Why Do We Really Get Married? by IamLEGEND1: 5:28pm On Aug 22, 2015
Fulaboy:
Eyyah sad But I don't think mrsph yno will disappoint

just leave dat woman....

she know say i wan carry am go meet my mama but she dey play me wayo.
Re: Why Do We Really Get Married? by Fulaboy(m): 5:33pm On Aug 22, 2015
IamLEGEND1:

just leave dat woman....

she know say i wan carry am go meet my mama but she dey play me wayo.

Let her keep foaming, the ratio of women to men now is 3:1 I heard tongue

I think they will soon start chasing us just like Joseph tearing our shirts around cool
Re: Why Do We Really Get Married? by IamLEGEND1: 5:42pm On Aug 22, 2015
Fulaboy:
Let her keep forming, the ratio of women to men now is 3:1 I heard tongue

I think they will soon start chasing us just like Joseph tearing our shirts around cool

LoLZzzzzz

Just leave dem, soon dem go dey find us make we even chat dem up sef.

na bcoz dem just dey ban me everyday now, i for find another wife tey-tey.

badt guy, how u been dey na?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should I Just Kill Myself ? / I'm Having Serious _erections,pls Advice Needed / How I Just Wish!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.