Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,689 members, 7,809,605 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? (8683 Views)

Poll: Who will You choose?

Governor Bukola Saraki: 11% (16 votes)
Governor Raji Fashola: 88% (124 votes)
This poll has ended

Babatunde Raji Fashola Trends On Twitter Worldwide / Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations / President GEJ Vs Governor Amaechi: Who Rocked The Headphone Better? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by bilms(m): 7:03pm On Mar 27, 2009
Governor Bukola saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola

who wins?

proposed for president 2011.

who do u choose?
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by moneygurl: 7:17pm On Mar 27, 2009
i dont know who wins.
I might have said Saraki but, holes have started showing
like the farming program that saraki had with those Zimbabwe farmers is already having problems, banks say company is not making money, they are not paying loans, etc

And fashola is not running and might not win
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by Jakumo(m): 7:17pm On Mar 27, 2009
Fashola would win by a wide margin a fair election pitting him against any opponent, either serving or retired.

[size=14pt][center]Fashola for President 2011[/center][/size]
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by vanitty: 10:58pm On Mar 27, 2009
Governor Bukola Saraki.
Just for the amazing work he is doing in Kwara right now.
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 28, 2009
I will like to see a Fashola president and Bukky VP.
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by DisGuy: 1:33pm On Mar 28, 2009
hmmm Politics is not ABC unfortunately performing in one stae and having no influence nationnwide; thats the problem with AC and Fashola

Bukola will win in a nationwide election, fashola wll win 98-2% in lagos and ogun

who do i choose? hard to tell

moneygurl:

i dont know who wins.
I might have said Saraki but, holes have started showing
like the farming program that saraki had with those Zimbabwe farmers is already having problems, banks say company is not making money, they are not paying loans, etc

And fashola is not running and might not win

farming is not abc, nigerian banks dont have patience for long term farming on this scale, plus what do you get when port operations are slow, machines are being imported,
not developed products markets etc etc
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by moneygurl: 2:51pm On Mar 28, 2009
Dis Guy:

hmmm Politics is not ABC unfortunately performing in one stae and having no influence nationnwide; thats the problem with AC and Fashola

Bukola will win in a nationwide election, fashola wll win 98-2% in lagos and ogun

who do i choose? hard to tell

farming is not abc, nigerian banks dont have patience for long term farming on this scale, plus what do you get when port operations are slow, machines are being imported,
not developed products markets etc etc

Its more than just banks and just machines. If you are not using the money what u told the bank you are going to do then i think the banks have a right to make noise, Read this article

http://www.tellng.com/specialreportdisplay.asp?id=88
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by bilms(m): 12:58pm On Mar 30, 2009
i think bukola will win based on performance, his performance really superceed that of fashola.

but it would be beter if bukol president and fashola vice
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by KunleOshob(m): 3:06pm On Mar 30, 2009
I think we should be talking of drafting back Donald Duke to contest and win in 2011. After all he blazed the trail of high performance amongst Governors in this political dispensation. See what he was able to achieve in a poor state like cross river, imagine what he would do if given more resources and opportunity.
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by bilms(m): 9:17am On Mar 31, 2009
nice 1, but we are talking abt bukola and fashola not duke
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by KnowAll(m): 10:37am On Mar 31, 2009
Bukola Saraki has not told Nigerians how N17 Billion naira got missing in a Bank he runs over night. If a man carries a gun into a bank and tries to rob ordinary N1000.00 if armed police men are nearby he will definately be shot to pieces. But our pen robber here is been considered for the post of the presidency, I think some of us need to have our head examined. There is no basis of comparism between Fashola and Bukola, but been that we are in Nigeria even Adedibu would probably have getten to aso rock b4 fashola.
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by soadia2004: 9:02pm On May 04, 2009
Know all, you seem to me the most sensible, reasonable and logical person to have commented well. Who is bukola? what moral quotient has he got to rule Nigeria? his attainment of the position of governor was made possible by the dark forces of people who give credence to malfaesence. Nigerians deserve whatsoever bedlam it might be or be in. Our values, principles and ideologies are all strained by corruption. Once again, who is Bukola to be compared with Raji Fashola.

It only takes a man to make a difference. As Charles De Gaulle once wise cracked " deliberations is the work of many men, action, the work of many" Raji is a man of action, and his good works are clear testimonies to this.

Know all, don't let any kinks contaminate your good sense
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by boliatiepa: 9:46pm On May 04, 2009
Saraki. the quintessential beneficiary of an almajiri nepotist state. Iyama. In another dispensation he would be shot for violating principles derived from the french revolution.

Fashola all the way.
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by Nobody: 8:34am On May 05, 2009
boliatiepa:

Saraki. the quintessential beneficiary of an almajiri nepotist state.
Can you tell me your state and let's have a debate?
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by soadia2004: 8:45am On May 05, 2009
Blims, there is absolutely no doubt you are one of the psychopaths our learned scholars and journalists always warn about. What has Bukola avhieved?
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by sbo(m): 12:13pm On May 05, 2009
soadia2004:

Blims, there is absolutely no doubt you are one of the psychopaths our learned scholars and journalists always warn about. What has Bukola avhieved?
1. He has been able to run a down a commercial bank.
2. Bought expensive properties in the UK with depositors money.
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by Lagosboy: 12:59pm On May 05, 2009
soadia2004:

Blims, there is absolutely no doubt you are one of the[b] psychopat[/b]hs our learned scholars and journalists always warn about. What has Bukola avhieved?

You need not insult him , you could disagree and state your reasons but calling someone dat is not neccessary.

Bukola owes Nigeria explanation about the bank issue no doubt but if what we hear is true he has really developed Kwara state. you could either judge him based on his perfomance or his questionable character.

Fashola is doing well in Lagos no doubt but no one hear should say there are no financial misappropiration going on in Lagos. As someone who has d priviledge of knowing wots going on, the pwers that be in Lagos are not saints either when it comes to financial malpractices.
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by soadia2004: 1:07pm On May 05, 2009
I used the word psychopath out of overheated irritation. To that, I tender my most sincere apology towards anybody it must have directly or inddirectly affected. It is only painful that Nigerians always resort to choosing between evils in their search for progress.

Raji Fashola isn't a saint, but by all parameters of governance, coupled with the socio-economic maladies that have been the lot of Lagos, one would say Fashola is a good and effective leader.

Saraki shouldn't even be talked about. I schooled in Ilorin, graduating just a year into his second term. Nothing! Nada! Zilch.

The electricity feat being claimed to have been achieved is not completely true. The actual picture should be painted for all to see.
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by Lagosboy: 1:11pm On May 05, 2009
soadia2004:

I used the word psychopath out of overheated irritation. To that, I tender my most sincere apology towards anybody it must have directly or inddirectly affected. It is only painful that Nigerians always resort to choosing between evils in their search for progress.

Raji Fashola isn't a saint, but by all parameters of governance, coupled with the socio-economic maladies that have been the lot of Lagos, one would say Fashola is a good and effective leader.

Saraki shouldn't even be talked about. I schooled in Ilorin, graduating just a year into his second term. Nothing! Nada! Zilch.

The electricity feat being claimed to have been achieved is not completely true. The actual picture should be painted for all to see.

Not many NLenders accept when they err,kudos to you.

You could know better as u said u lived in ilorin and i just base my judgement on what we read and hear abt kwara state. Fashola is an achiever no doubt about that but me just think Bukola is a good administrator with the interest of kwara at heart bearing in mind kwara was never a state that other nigerians care to know or talk about before him.
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by DisGuy: 1:24pm On May 05, 2009
KunleOshob:

I think we should be talking of drafting back Donald Duke to contest and win in 2011. After all he blazed the trail of high performance amongst Governors in this political dispensation. See what he was able to achieve in a poor state like cross river, imagine what he would do if given more resources and opportunity.

wetin Donal Duke do sef? Tinapa with the state money, how much is the state earning from Tinapa?
i reckon this guy will hollywoodise nigeria, a bit like putting spinners on a molue
we like style over substance in nigeria
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 05, 2009
I'm an indigene of Kwara and spent the first 18 years of my life in the state, but hardly spend 1 straight week there in the last 8 years. But that has not prevented me from following events in my state.

It took time for me to accept the widespread talk about Bukola's sterling performance. One question I always ask my friends/family that stay in Kwara is: Is Bukola truly doing all these things we read in papers or is it just another effective PR job, because the talk about his wonders in Kwara is just too much?

In any case, one thing you cannot take away from him is his brilliance.

I will surely take Fashola ahead of him, simply because I can see Fashola's works. I live and work in Lagos and can see what Fashola is doing, and bearing in mind the fact that a state like Lagos is more difficult to rule. But after Fashola, I think Bukola comes next.
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by Greycells(m): 2:33pm On May 05, 2009
fashola FASHOLA
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by OscarJ1(m): 2:34pm On May 05, 2009
well no doubt Bukola is doing well but anyday anytime Fashola is still performing better than him. You know why? a state like kwara is not as wide as Lagos and the level of work to be done in both state is incomparable. if u put a fashola in Kwara then u will know Bukola is not there yet if u undertsand what i mean.

Lagos is still the nerve of Naija and if anyone can Govern this state and take it to the level its meant to be, then u can Preside over Naija as a whole but that in itself comes with its own challenges. why do u think PDP did everything to get the lagos seat?

[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Eko o ni baje o!
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by kay7: 2:38pm On May 05, 2009
Neither Bukola nor Fashola will win in 2011
Why?
a. President Yar'Adua may go for second term
b. If he does not, someone from the core north will run and win
c. Core north will be there for another four years
d. Note that presidency tinkered with Uwais Electoral Reforms report
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by bilms(m): 2:42pm On May 05, 2009
soadia2004:

uhh u sound like an angel  of distruction. sorry for aying dat,

u said u schooled in ilorin, and left a year b4 his second term and yet u could not see nanything he achieved,

no, u must be lying.

i have been staying in ilorin since the year 2001, uptill the tme bukola became the Governor.

even a blind man see the wonders of Bukola,

1. before bukky became the governor, we all use to see how secondary school students use to roam about the city,how the teachers usually stay out of school during the schol hours, but when he came he introduce another monitoring system that enforce the teachers to stay in the school and also enforce them to take the students at the appropriate time.

2. secondly, it is very clear how the secondary school students always cause riot every friday. btw 2 schools eg. IGS and Baboko, or Babiko and Jss and others, every friday, we usually see blood shared among students, braking of taxi glasses and more, but when he became the governor, he make sure all these stop by bring man Owar to every school,

3. also in kwara institution where cultism in a thin of pride, it is during his 1st term he concered them and right kwara state can be proud of less cultism in its institutions if not finally eradicated.

4. during his 1st term we have water supply, the onlky places where no watre supply are those area were they did not connect a pipe for water.

5. also introduce city cleaning and pay them well too.

many more things done by the Governor convinced the people in the state about his ability to deliver.

we all use to think about the dominance of his father as the God Father that he wont do anything, but he suprsed all by doing good.

about u dat said he became the GOvernor simple because of his Father,

did he also became the Chairman of all the Governor from these influence?
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by bilms(m): 2:53pm On May 05, 2009
i wonder y most of u keep saying this,

the question is,

what source of income do they have in kwara, but still bukola achieved what he as achieved.

i am very sure, if bukola should handle Lagos with all the materials, he would definately superceed Fashola's performance,

Oscar J:

well no doubt Bukola is doing well but anyday anytime Fashola is still performing better than him. You know why? a state like kwara is not as wide as Lagos and the level of work to be done in both state is incomparable. if u put a fashola in Kwara then u will know Bukola is not there yet if u undertsand what i mean.

Lagos is still the nerve of Naija and if anyone can Govern this state and take it to the level its meant to be, then u can Preside over Naija as a whole but that in itself comes with its own challenges. why do u think PDP did everything to get the lagos seat?

Eko o ni baje o!

okay, how did Fashola Perform better than Bukola, what is his achievement compared to bukky,

as i am talking now, i am in ilorin, bukola is also doing some projects which are wonderful,.

i visited one of his project last week,

stanbilli is the name of the project,

just like an eagle square,

bukola came to visit that project while i was there,

to my greatest suprise, he drove his car by himself, an one other car followed him. no noise, no one ever knew it could be the governor coming so simple,

he did these to visit the how fast the project is monitor the movement of this project,
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by Becomrrich: 3:06pm On May 05, 2009
Of the 81 cities above 300,000 people,  55% are based in the Western Niger of Niger ( Belodok states) And when lagos can produce 53571 of those satellite pictures of an average northern town. You know that the only thing for the north to do is remove the belodok states into Benin republic. see calculation.

That 81 cities above 300,000 people

Western Niger of Nigeria: Lagos , Abeokuta, Ijebu ode, Ijebu Igbo, Sagamu, Abeokuta, Ota, Ikorodu,Ondo, Akure, Owo, ore, Okitipupa, Ibadan,oyo, Ede, Ogbomoso, Ikare Akoko Iseyin, Saki, Keshi, Erewa, Osogbo, Ife, Ilesha, Ikiru, Ikire,Iwo, Ado Ekiti, Ikere Ekiti,Benin, Auchi(Jatto), uromi, Ekpoma,Argbo, warri, sepele, Asaba,Ugelli,Yenago, Ilorin, Ofa, kabba, Okene, lokoja, = 45 (55%)

Rest of Nigeria:  Port Harcourt,Uyo,Eket, Calabar , Aba,Owerri,Nnewi, Onitsha,Abakalili, Enugu, Umuhia, Akwa,  Idah,Oturpo,Markudi, Gboko,Jalingo, Yola, Mubi, ,jos, Minna, Bida, Abuja, Maiduguri, Potisum, Kaduna, Gombe, Azare, Bauchi, kano, zaria, sokoto, gozua,Kebbi, futua, Katsina = 36 (45%)

May be with this yar adua would get the message that we want to be in benin republic. with more state join

the area of an average north town is 0.20 length  X 0.14 width = 0.028 sq km.

while half of lagos is 1500 sq km.

the calculation for how many average north town in lagos is 1500/0.028 = 53571.42 town 

now if you divide by 19 state in the north   53571/19  =2819 town.

it mean lagos can supply 2819 town in each state in the north. how can the north be more than the south .

Yar adua better support a bill we are written and also monitor the bill , we would sent him a copy via email and we would copy the clark of both house to , the senate president and the speaker of the house.

The bill would remove the Belodok states into the republic of benin and create a joint National assembly for both Nigeria-benin. While both countries would still have thier assembly.  Creating an open boundary, just like the USA and canada.

Egbe Omo Oduduwa

Egbeomooduduwa@hotmail.com

Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by DisGuy: 3:15pm On May 05, 2009
Oscar J:

Eko o ni baje o!

not entirely true, if you put Alex ferguson in charge of west ham they wont win the league cup wink
You have to remember fashola is benefitting from ppp arrangements, a state like lagos will obviously benefit from private sector funding
more because of the population, bigger annual budgets, transport links, etc
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by MJJ: 3:42pm On May 05, 2009
Bukola 4 what? shocked shocked

Why would anybody even consider that?
What makes him special? What exceptional thing has he done?
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by Emperoh(m): 3:51pm On May 05, 2009
Can someone outline what Bukola Saraki has done?
He will only win an election because his father is among the God fathers of PDP
He doesn't have the sort of vision fashola has. matter of fact he is not even better the Peter Obi.
You should be comparing him with Babangida Muazu of Niger state not fashola.
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by soadia2004: 4:15pm On May 05, 2009
Why are we a people who value mediocrity over consequence? compared to the minimum Bukola ought achieve, he has performed grossly low. Ilorin isn't the only town in Kwara State, yet there is very few one can point to as Bukola's achievement in Ilorin. What indixes have been used in guaging his governance as have been done? Poverty has salvaged the reason and the capacity of clear unprejudiced assessment, so much that many can't even discern that which is good or bad, or right and wrong.
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by MJJ: 4:20pm On May 05, 2009
i have been staying in ilorin since the year 2001, uptill the tme bukola became the Governor.

even a blind man see the wonders of Bukola,

1. before bukky became the governor, we all use to see how secondary school students use to roam about the city,how the teachers usually stay out of school during the schol hours, but when he came he introduce another monitoring system that enforce the teachers to stay in the school and also enforce them to take the students at the appropriate time.

2. secondly, it is very clear how the secondary school students always cause riot every friday. btw 2 schools eg. IGS and Baboko, or Babiko and Jss and others, every friday, we usually see blood shared among students, braking of taxi glasses and more, but when he became the governor, he make sure all these stop by bring man Owar to every school,

3. also in kwara institution where cultism in a thin of pride, it is during his 1st term he concered them and right kwara state can be proud of less cultism in its institutions if not finally eradicated.

4. during his 1st term we have water supply, the onlky places where no watre supply are those area were they did not connect a pipe for water.

5. also introduce city cleaning and pay them well too.

many more things done by the Governor convinced the people in the state about his ability to deliver.

we all use to think about the dominance of his father as the God Father that he wont do anything, but he suprsed all by doing good.

about u dat said he became the GOvernor simple because of his Father,

did he also became the Chairman of all the Governor from these influence?

What has Bukola done concerning cultism?
Water supply? Its worst in my area since he became governor
The sanitary condition of Ilorin is what I do agree he has worked on, sincerely he has tried in dat aspect.
Chairman of all d governors, arnt we talking about a PDP thing in dat aspect, Isnt dat d same party is father belongs to? then whose influence is he using?
I lived in Ilorin longer than u did.Except u are an indigene (most of which deny d truth  cry), most of d people who are living dere or have lived dere know d truth about things.
Why should dis subject even be an object of debate sef?  angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Col. Ibrahim Taiwo Was Assassinated After He Was Used To Kill Igbos In Asaba / Bola Tinubu Returns From The Uk (picture) / Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.