Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,540 members, 7,816,312 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Why I Omit Mikel’s Name From My List – Oliseh - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why I Omit Mikel’s Name From My List – Oliseh (725 Views)

Guys Betting Has Finished Me.. Just Take A Look At My List Of Tickets / Sunday Oliseh Appointed As Head Coach Of Fortuna Sittard (Dutch Club) / Mikel Obi Reacts To Buhari's Wife In Kitchen Comment With This Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Omit Mikel’s Name From My List – Oliseh by ABACITYBLOG: 4:26am On Aug 23, 2015
Super Eagles Coach Sunday Oliseh has revealed why Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel was not on the list of invited players for the match against Tanzania on September 5, Oliseh’s first as head of Nigeria’s national side.

Though many fans had queried the new coach for omitting Mikel from his 18-man foreign pro list for the Tanzania game, but the Eagles boss made a shocking revelation on Thursday, saying Mikel refused to have a word with him despite all the channel of communication he opened with the midfielder.

Oliseh revealed that aside the several phone calls and SMS messages to Mikel, the player also failed to show up at a planned meeting in London, which his club teammate Victor Moses gladly attended.

“Till now I have not spoken with Mikel,” Oliseh began in his interview with the NFF’s official website.

He continued..... “I have contacted him on several occasions with no reply; sent him an SMS with no reply, went to London where he plays in the same club with Victor Moses, Moses came to the meeting we spoke but he (Mikel) didn’t come, I eventually told Moses to say hello to him.

Meanwhile Oliseh has made efforts to get across to Mikel he was quick to state that no player is indispensable and thus would not go around trying to cajole any player.

“No player is special, every player is the same, every other player we contacted and spoke with have been invited them…” Oliseh stated.....Continue reading==>>http://abacityblog.com/why-i-omit-mikels-name-from-my-list-oliseh/
Re: Why I Omit Mikel’s Name From My List – Oliseh by boboLIL(m): 6:08am On Aug 23, 2015
WTF wid mikel obi? He no sabi play ball....he doesn't deserve to be in our team....

Mikel obi na flop abeg...e beta as u no put am

He no sabi play ball come de do iyanga on top....
Almost 10yrs at chelsea yet he nva score rch 6tyms

Make he flush abeg
Re: Why I Omit Mikel’s Name From My List – Oliseh by khattab02: 10:27am On Aug 23, 2015
^^^^^

u korrect man!

If he is tired he should retire na! After all players can retire at early age or before they reach 30. Cruyf, Van Basten etc.

#this will continue if he is made feel like he his the best we have got
Re: Why I Omit Mikel’s Name From My List – Oliseh by oloriooko(m): 1:26pm On Aug 23, 2015
If someone own no spoil another own no go better
Bye bye Mikel welcome new players

He had served Nigeria well, he has retired from active football cuz now he cooks and rides bike for his rusky girlfriend

(1) (Reply)

Lovefootball Free English Premier League Predictor : N10,000 Weekly Jackpot / Arsenal Vs Olympiakos 2-3| Download And Watch Highlight / How I Took-over From Enyeama — Ikeme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.