Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream (37682 Views)

Abdulmumin Jibrin: "Is This The Buhari We Know? Noooooo Something Is Wrong! / Man Excited To Meet Obasanjo In Victoria, Seychelles / Obasanjo In Auto-Crash, Escapes Unhurt - Today.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by midolian(m): 6:06am On Aug 23, 2015
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has said in just two and a half months of the current administration of President Muhammadu Buhari, Nigerians were already witnessing the Nigeria of their dream.

Speaking at his Hilltop residence in Abeokuta when officials of the National Association of Nigerians Students (NANS) paid him a visit on Friday,  the former President called for unalloyed support for the new government, adding, “in the last two and a half months, Nigerians have started to witness a Nigeria of their dreams,”

Noting that the country had tottered towards the precipice so many times but God had not allowed it to tumble, Obasanjo said, "When one takes a look at everything, the most crucial, and vital conclusion is that God loves Nigeria."

He said: "We thank God for peace even after the election. No single individual is a paragon of perfection. There is no Messiah except Jesus Christ. But there are people who still stick out their neck for the good of Nigerians.

"Thank God we have such as a leader now. What we have witnessed in the last two and a half months is that our dreams are coming true. We must give unalloyed support to the government.”

Speaking further, he said: "Many had thought after the 2015 general elections, Nigeria would be no more. Some had sent their families abroad. Some know the NADECO route. I don't know the NADECO route.

"I don't have anywhere to go. But to the surprise of many of them, God did it in a miraculous way. The election took place, though some did not want it to take place. But let us thank God it took place. We must also thank those who conducted the elections.”

The former President said no matter what the critics of President Buhari might be saying, "I will work for the success of this current dispensation.”

He, however, said criticisms that were objective and positive were welcome where necessary.

Canvassing support for the Buhari government, he told the visiting students that there was no alternative to democracy adding, "the alternative to democracy is worse than democracy. I experienced that. Abacha put me in prison and I was about to be killed. If it was under democracy (democratic rule) that would not happen."

He also spoke on the current campaign against terror, noting that President  Buhari took the right decision by giving the military a November deadline to end the Boko Haram insurgency.

He said setting a target was part of military war strategy to measure the success or failure of a particular operation.

"President Muhammadu Buhari took a right decision by telling the military to quash the Boko Haram insurgents by November. It is not good to just leave everything open-ended. It is a strategy in the military to set a target for any operation. This will enable those concerned to work hard. Having a target is necessary. Even if that target was not met, the people concerned would have something to work with."

Obasanjo who cited the Nigerian civil war as an example, said the military had set a six-month target to crush the Biafran renegades, but the war extended to 30 months.

He said: "For those of us who were involved in the Nigerian civil war, we set a six-month target to end the Nigeria-Biafra war, but it extended to 30 months."
Vice President, NANS, Ogunkuade Oluwatosin, who spoke earlier, said the students' body recognised the doggedness and contributions of the former president to the success of the 2015 general elections.

He said they wanted the Buhari administration to extend its anti-corruption war to the education sector.

Oluwatosin  said: "Your fatherly contribution to the development of Nigeria is visible, even three months after the general elections.

"We need your contribution to move Nigeria to Nigeria of our dreams. We want student-youth inclusion in the government of President Muhammadu Buhari," he added.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/obasanjo-in-2-months-we-are-witnessing-nigeria-of-our-dream/218204/

Cc: Lalasticlala! grin

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by Tkester: 6:08am On Aug 23, 2015
Government of propaganda and mouth action!

Nigerian dream indeed!

177 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by Mbkite(m): 6:09am On Aug 23, 2015
BABA is working.

#AlwaysBuyMadeInAba

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by ladyF(f): 6:09am On Aug 23, 2015
Sai Buhari

Its [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

80 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:10am On Aug 23, 2015
If you are not experiencing any change in Nigeria, you are blind. You are deaf. You are dumb. In fact, your sense organs are dead.

272 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by midolian(m): 6:11am On Aug 23, 2015
Tkester:
Nigerian dream made of mouth action!
Badbelle sighted! They ll never accept. I sometimes wonder if you are allergic to success grin grin

168 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by Tkester: 6:12am On Aug 23, 2015
midolian:
Badbelle sighted! They ll never accept. I sometimes wonder if you are allergic to success grin grin

Mumu confirmed!

141 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by midolian(m): 6:12am On Aug 23, 2015
Tkester:
Nigerian dream made of mouth action!
pls read the quote below! Its for you and other children of hate grin grin grin

OrlandoOwoh:
If you are not experiencing any change in Nigeria, you are blind. You are deaf. You are dumb. In fact, your sense organs are dead.

116 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by SeverusSnape(m): 6:12am On Aug 23, 2015
Obasanjo is a garrulous baboon.

This is even funny. grin

"Nigeria of our dreams"??. It must be a bad dream.

193 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by SeverusSnape(m): 6:13am On Aug 23, 2015
midolian:
Zombie sighted!!!

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by bugzbunny: 6:14am On Aug 23, 2015
Eight years under Obasanjo..... We were leaving in hell
The fool was looking for a third term

166 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by omowolewa: 6:14am On Aug 23, 2015
Humm! Ebora Owu
Had it been I hate this man, I would just pretend like I don't see his relevance. That would save me of high BP

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:14am On Aug 23, 2015
Why didn't OBJ make that dream come through in his tenure??..

this man is a disgrace to animals..

181 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by boboLIL(m): 6:15am On Aug 23, 2015
Talking in favour of the government as to not to be probed...ur old man trick no de move us.....

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by SeverusSnape(m): 6:15am On Aug 23, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:

Help me ask the ugly bonobo. Very useless mofo...

80 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by Tkester: 6:17am On Aug 23, 2015
midolian:
pls read the quote below! Its for you and other children of hate grin grin grin

The change I'm witnessing is the paying of unemployed youths in Nigeria #5000 monthly.

Strengthening the naira against the dollar, that now $1 is equal to #1

Honestly, you need Jesus!

92 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by HDee(m): 6:18am On Aug 23, 2015
baba obj is talking.. Nothing but the truth.grinfor the wailing looters... Your time is over! Also, you may not be experiencing this 'change' because , you are already blinded by ur hate for the president

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by midolian(m): 6:20am On Aug 23, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:

why don't you suck my balls? grin grin ....At least Baba iyabo has admitted he failed Nigerians to a certain extent and some1 like Buhari who means well, is already taking us to the "moon" in just 2months..When will u guys ever admit ya GEJ failed Nigerians woefully? grin

Happy sunday grin

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by bewla(m): 6:25am On Aug 23, 2015
who get that baboon up there tell him its heave to carry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by agarawu23(m): 6:25am On Aug 23, 2015
bugzbunny:
Eight years under Obasanjo..... We were leaving in hell
The fool was looking for a third term
that's how hard life is under PDP umbrella.

28 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by midolian(m): 6:26am On Aug 23, 2015
Tkester:

The change I'm witnessing is the paying of unemployed youths in Nigeria #5000 monthly.

And you need a brain! grin

14 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by Tkester: 6:27am On Aug 23, 2015
@ Midolian,

Receive sense!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by agarawu23(m): 6:27am On Aug 23, 2015
Tkester:

where is your Patience and faith?
you need Jesus more in your life.
And learn to be grateful cool

14 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by awikonko(m): 6:28am On Aug 23, 2015
It is well!
Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by Tkester: 6:30am On Aug 23, 2015
agarawu23:
where is your Patience and faith?
you need Jesus more in your life.
And learn to be grateful cool

My patience and faith, lair Mohammed has destroyed it thru numerous lies of a propagandist govt.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by koma1(m): 6:30am On Aug 23, 2015
Baba is working, haters are hating.Baba dont rush go slow and steady we the good Nigerians are behind u

10 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by midolian(m): 6:36am On Aug 23, 2015
boboLIL:
Talking in a favour of the government as to not to be probed...ur old man trick no de move us.....
Baba no fear any fvcking probe, man. Need I remind you of this statement b4 u believe? "It is better for Buhari to come to power in 2015 and jail me, than for Jonathan to come back and destroy the remaining Nigeria." - OBJ (2014)

This was b4 the elections. grin

Happy sunday

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by kennyman2000(m): 6:37am On Aug 23, 2015
okay...
Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by Nobody: 6:45am On Aug 23, 2015
Tkester:
Government of propaganda and mouth action!

Nigerian dream indeed!
there is absolutely no good news under this regime you frustrated lots won't call propaganda. What amazes and at the same time annoys me about u guys is, the moment you hear a bad news, you are pleased and it doesn't seem like propaganda anymore. What kinda people are you guys? Were you all made from fire? angry

23 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by nairalife2013(m): 6:50am On Aug 23, 2015
He is so blessed. He is so favoured. He used all those advantages and all resources at his disposal to fight and bring the previous govt to its knees, just becos the the president disagreed with some of his obnoxious assertions. ...thirdterm, family badwill, malicious utterances and very many other pointers... I know when a fellow is a good man. Nigerians are so gullible. The last generation was a failed one. The present generation is apparently bent on being a fail one too. Well, God help us. The next generation, where my kids belong , I pray they have a change of heart and love their country and humanity, for this is the ultimate craddle of selfless service, peace and progress.

8 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by Visocrate(m): 6:58am On Aug 23, 2015
obj

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by Tkester: 6:58am On Aug 23, 2015
JEGA01:
there is absolutely no good news under this regime you frustrated lots won't call propaganda. What amazes and at the same time annoys me about u guys is, the moment you hear a bad news, you are pleased and it doesn't seem like propaganda anymore. What kinda people are you guys? Were you all made from fire? angry

Mumu, we critique a govt based on concrete deliverables.

When govt does sth worth celebrating and is verifiable we shouting EUREKA!

But when a govt after three months of taking over power is yet to give the electorates any sign of indication of its direction, mumu praising such govt is what is called PROPAGANDA!

Sorry I'm not good at propaganda.

31 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

President Buhari Arrives Kaduna For NDA Passing Out Parade / Aso Rock Cabal, Saraki Begin Sabotage Of Osinbajo As PMB's Sickness Deepens - SR / Mass Housing Units In Yobe Completed By FG (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.