Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Why Ijaw Rejected Biafra -Ijaw People's Association 2008 Speech-Sam-James Miriki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Ijaw Rejected Biafra -Ijaw People's Association 2008 Speech-Sam-James Miriki (3576 Views)

Niger Delta Not Supporting Biafra – Ijaw Leader / I Rejected Biafra With Only 5 Igbo States, I Want Rivers, Benue Too– Nnamdi Kanu / "We Are Not Part Of Biafra" - Ijaw Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Ijaw Rejected Biafra -Ijaw People's Association 2008 Speech-Sam-James Miriki by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 23, 2015
Ijaw People's Association 2008 Speech:
Paragraph 5

The Ijaws who are the fourth largest tribe were grouped into the Western and Eastern Regions of Nigeria. However, they felt, the Igbos could not be trusted. They convinced Chief Ojukwu to call a meeting between the various tribes that will form Biafra as an independent state. The essence of the meeting was to discuss the parameters by which these tribes will be recognised as a state if they win the war. The response the Igbos gave was that, the status quo remains the same, meaning that, if you were a minority in the former state (Nigeria) then, those tribes will still remain minorities. The Ijaws were not comfortable with the response. This led to the Ijaws pulling out of the Biafran state. The Igbos had under-estimated the determination of the Ijaws and even considered them as insignificant. This misunderstanding finally led Port Harcourt being captured by the Nigerian troops with Boro. The Ijaws action relates to Late Chief Bola Ige’s statement ‘The relationship between Nigerians should not be like that of the big fish and Jonah in the bible, rather it should be symbiotic’. This statement simply reminds me the actions of the Ijaws. The implication is that no Nigerian should be treated like a second class citizen rather everyone should be treated equally. Furthermore, the Ijaws cannot leave the stomach of the big fish and jump into the stomach of the Lion, who will first chew them before swallowing. This implies that we rather remain with the devil we know than the angel we do not know.

Source: http://www.unitedijaw.com/analysis.htm
Re: Why Ijaw Rejected Biafra -Ijaw People's Association 2008 Speech-Sam-James Miriki by hamzakito(m): 11:20am On Aug 23, 2015
k
Re: Why Ijaw Rejected Biafra -Ijaw People's Association 2008 Speech-Sam-James Miriki by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 23, 2015
because they are not igbo, simple...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ijaw Rejected Biafra -Ijaw People's Association 2008 Speech-Sam-James Miriki by Rose2014: 11:23am On Aug 23, 2015
After that special conference in anambra yesterday with Delta state, I'm not surprised that 'anti Biafra threads' are on d rise today by
'We the SS ' and 'I'm Igbo from 'Abia state' Nairalanders

The reason? Your guess is as good as mine. I knew they would be sleepless last night so no surprises there

My joy is that my people have started seeing through their 'divide n rule' tactics

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Ijaw Rejected Biafra -Ijaw People's Association 2008 Speech-Sam-James Miriki by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 23, 2015
Dharniel:
because they are not igbo, simple...

yes for sure. they are not Igbo.
Re: Why Ijaw Rejected Biafra -Ijaw People's Association 2008 Speech-Sam-James Miriki by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 23, 2015
Rose2014:
After that special conference in anambra yesterday with Delta state, I'm not surprised that anti Biafra threads is on d rise today by
'We the SS ' and I'm Igbo from 'Abia state'

The reason? Your guess is as good as mine. I knew they would be sleepless last night so no surprised there

My joy is that my people have started opening their eyes to their 'divide n rule' tactics

Did you read this part " Furthermore, the Ijaws cannot leave the stomach of the big fish and jump into the stomach of the Lion, who will first chew them before swallowing. This implies that we rather remain with the devil we know than the angel we do not know" by Sam James Miriki.

That is why it will be stupid for South south to join Biafra. In today Nigeria, we south south are only swallowed not chewed. meaning we still have dentity. Today Nigeria is like big Fish.

But in Biafra South south people will be chewed by the Igbo like a lion. Our history and identity will be wiped out in less than 40 years. Only a foolish and short sighted south south will join Biafra

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ijaw Rejected Biafra -Ijaw People's Association 2008 Speech-Sam-James Miriki by donholy28(m): 11:36am On Aug 23, 2015
How do u expect them to join igbos when they're not igbos and d igbos don't need them

4 Likes

Re: Why Ijaw Rejected Biafra -Ijaw People's Association 2008 Speech-Sam-James Miriki by Rose2014: 11:36am On Aug 23, 2015
atbu1983:

Did you read this part " Furthermore, the Ijaws cannot leave the stomach of the big fish and jump into the stomach of the Lion, who will first chew them before swallowing. This implies that we rather remain with the devil we know than the angel we do not know" by Sam James Miriki.

That is why it will be stupid for South south to join Biafra. In today Nigeria, we south south are only swallowed not chewed. meaning we still have dentity. Today Nigeria is like big Fish.

But in Biafra South south people will be chewed by the Igbo like a lion. Our history and identity will be wiped out in less than 40 years. Only a foolish and short sighted south south will join Biafra

Behold one of the 'We the SS'

*walks out of thread to do better stuff*

6 Likes

Re: Why Ijaw Rejected Biafra -Ijaw People's Association 2008 Speech-Sam-James Miriki by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 23, 2015
Rose2014:
After that special conference in anambra yesterday with Delta state, I'm not surprised that 'anti Biafra threads' are on d rise today by

The reason? Your guess is as good as mine. I knew they would be sleepless last night so no surprises there

My joy is that my people have started seeing through their 'divide n rule' tactics

That was a nigeria police security summit. stop your delusion. Delta was part of it because of proximity in terms of police command. It is Nigeria affair.
Re: Why Ijaw Rejected Biafra -Ijaw People's Association 2008 Speech-Sam-James Miriki by Happiness87(f): 11:47am On Aug 23, 2015
when Yorubas begin to drink panadol on your case, know that its pinching them wella hahaha.

Attention: FYI, all those claiming to be SS but Against BIAFRA are sponsored, some are Yorubas trying to create factions

7 Likes

Re: Why Ijaw Rejected Biafra -Ijaw People's Association 2008 Speech-Sam-James Miriki by yorubatic: 12:06pm On Aug 23, 2015
atbu1983:

Yorubas have exhibited too much cowardice in this forum through numerous silly threads. ...why are we always panicked at mention of Igbos or biafra? Are we admitting their superiority? Why can't we mind our business and start championing the actualization of odua republic? Are we simply cowards?

What concerned us with SS minorities that we such much hate for their ogogoro drinking? I think we should rather concentrate our energy on how to achieve odua republic. ..

Besides, the SS will never be allowed in Odu'a republic

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ijaw Rejected Biafra -Ijaw People's Association 2008 Speech-Sam-James Miriki by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 23, 2015
yorubatic:

Yorubas have exhibited too much cowardice in this forum through numerous silly threads. ...why are we always panicked at mention of Igbos or biafra? Are we admitting their superiority? Why can't we mind our business and start championing the actualization of odua republic? Are we simply cowards?

What concerned us with SS minorities that we such much hate for their ogogoro drinking? I think we should rather concentrate our energy on how to achieve odua republic. ..

Besides, the SS will never be allowed in Odu'a republic

go away with ur propaganda.

1 Like

Re: Why Ijaw Rejected Biafra -Ijaw People's Association 2008 Speech-Sam-James Miriki by yorubatic: 12:35pm On Aug 23, 2015
atbu1983:

go away with ur propaganda.
What propagand....are you allergic to truth. You must be a coward. ..you are not yoruba. ...you ogogoro drinkers will never be welcome into sophisticated and progressive Odu'a

2 Likes

Re: Why Ijaw Rejected Biafra -Ijaw People's Association 2008 Speech-Sam-James Miriki by jemir000: 1:40pm On Aug 23, 2015
I am south south... and anything to change this current system is highly welcomed...even if it is to leave Nigeria and form our own Niger Delta Republic...

2 Likes

Re: Why Ijaw Rejected Biafra -Ijaw People's Association 2008 Speech-Sam-James Miriki by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 23, 2015
jemir000:
I am south south... and anything to change this current system is highly welcomed...even if it is to leave Nigeria and form our own Niger Delta Republic...

I am with you 100percent. Niger Delta republic. I am with u.
Re: Why Ijaw Rejected Biafra -Ijaw People's Association 2008 Speech-Sam-James Miriki by jemir000: 1:46pm On Aug 23, 2015
atbu1983:

I am with you 100percent. Niger Delta republic. I am with u.

but first, we have to form alliance with igbos because there is strength in numbers.. and after that, we can form our Niger Delta country.

4 Likes

Re: Why Ijaw Rejected Biafra -Ijaw People's Association 2008 Speech-Sam-James Miriki by Eastlink(m): 1:58pm On Aug 23, 2015
atbu1983:

Source: http://www.unitedijaw.com/analysis.htm
So you want us to pay attention to you and your propaganda. Part of the write up is genuine - an excerpt from Mr Sam Miriki IPA speech of 2008. But trust me that blog was opened just recently. And for what? Your guess is as good as mine.

3 Likes

Re: Why Ijaw Rejected Biafra -Ijaw People's Association 2008 Speech-Sam-James Miriki by cheruv: 2:06pm On Aug 23, 2015
Rose2014:

Am ashamed to cohabit the same nation with oil clogged brains angry
If only we had the detergents to start washing off the clogs undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Ijaw Rejected Biafra -Ijaw People's Association 2008 Speech-Sam-James Miriki by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 23, 2015
jemir000:

but first, we have to form alliance with igbos because there is strength in numbers.. and after that, we can form our Niger Delta country.

I can assure you that Nigeria will divide faster if Igbo seek Biafra with 5 south east state alone and Niger delta republic seek a country with the six South south states alone at the same time. Once the Hausa and Yoruba sees that Igbo are supporting a Niger Delta republic separate from Biafra, they will see it as true struggle. But if the struggle is about Biafra with south south in it, where Igbo will gain south south resoures with Yoruba and Hausa loosing out, I bet you until South South oil finish, Nigeria wont divide.

We don't need to form a single country with Igbo, we can seek for our separate nation on two front simultaneously but not on one front.

What we need is cooperation from Igbo not togetherness with Igbo. If they truly want to leave Nigeria and liberate Niger delta people from dominant tribes, they should support us to form our nation as they form thiers. I bet you when that happen, the struggle will be half won.

The Ojukwu Biafra was Igbo dream not Ijaw, Esan, Urhobo, Itsekiri, Ikwerre, etc dream.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ijaw Rejected Biafra -Ijaw People's Association 2008 Speech-Sam-James Miriki by yorubatic: 2:54pm On Aug 23, 2015
atbu1983:

yes for sure. they are not Igbo.
Abu12, you are an ab.o.ki...you are not from Edo, you should start agitating for arewastan, yorubas will not fight for you people again if war break out...Biafra will level everything that move in the north...yorubas are peace loving people. ...and we love everybody
Re: Why Ijaw Rejected Biafra -Ijaw People's Association 2008 Speech-Sam-James Miriki by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 23, 2015
yorubatic:

Abu12, you are an ab.o.ki...you are not from Edo, you should start agitating for arewastan, yorubas will not fight for you people again if war break out...Biafra will level everything that move in the north

You this Igbo imposter. You are Igbo. you created a profile 2 days ago, to indirectly support Biafra by impersonating as Yoruba. Your fake propaganda has failed.
Re: Why Ijaw Rejected Biafra -Ijaw People's Association 2008 Speech-Sam-James Miriki by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 23, 2015
Why South South Nations Won't Join Biafra. South South nations will rather form thier Own Confederation or seperate Nations

Igbo are using the support they gave to Jonathan in 2015 election as blackmail to convert Niger delta struggle to Biafra. This deception will not work. They only supported Jonathan because they got alot of appointments under Jonathan. They are just selfish and greedy people. Niger Delta Struggle is completely different from Biafra agitation. Igbo supported Obasanjo against thier own son and Hero Ojukwu in 2003 election, they should go and claim yoruba instead.

As far as I am concern IGBO, YORUBA and HAUSA are all benefitting from the current system. Afterall an IGBO man Gen Agunyi Ironsi created the Unitary System for Nigeria in 1966 that we are complaining against today. When Isaac Adaka Boro wanted to form Ijaw Nation Republic in 1966 it was Igbo Head of State Gen Agunyi Ironsi that fought him with a 12 days war.

The Igbo claim to be one of us because some south south states were part of the old Eastern region. First of all, eastern region was created by Nigeria for Nigeria convenience. It was not a decision of the nationalities that made up the old eastern region. Secondly before most people forget, today edo and delta state were never at anytime part of eastern region. edo and delta were first Western region later became Midwestern region, then change to Bendel state before becoming edo and delta state today. some tribes speak Yoruba in edo and delta state. why is Yoruba not claiming edo and delta state the way Igbo is claiming rivers and delta states because some people speak ibo in those states?

Igbo may have succeeded in brainwashing some south south people that they are one of us, it is a big lie. They may have succeeded in brainwashing some of us that only hausa and Yoruba is the problem of south south, it is a big lie. They are the same as far as I am concern.

The problem with Igbo is greed, self-entitlement and born to rule, control and exploit mentality. Qatar is smaller than Bayelsa in Population and half d size of Bayelsa state by landmass. Bayelsa is four times the size of Sigapore. if Qatar and Sigapore can be a country, why cant we have an Ijaw nation as a country? Do u think Ijaw people dont want to be like qatar and enjoy thier oil alone like Qatar does? Note: Bayelsa State is d smallest state in the south south by population and second to the last by landmass!!

Below is the size of south south states and south east states. South South is almost 3times the size of south East.
Yet the population of South east is almost 80% of south south population base on 2006 census. But by the time you add igbo who are currently leaving outside south east, you will discover that thier population is more than all the south south put together. More than 90% of the resources (oil, gas, limestones,etc) are in the south south. The whole of South East is landlock with no direct access to the sea or atlantic ocean. but almost all the south south states have direct assess to the sea and atlantic ocean. Some we say they have River Niger. River Niger is not a sea or an ocean for big Ships.

Tell me why South South Nations will want to form a country with south east if they have a choice ? all south east will bring to the table is population and domination? The total oil production from south east is not up to 10% of south south oil production!

If you are the leader of south south nations will you advice them to form a country with south east if they have the option of forming their own country alone? give a sincere answer?

As far as I am concern, as unbrainwashed south south , there is no difference between the Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa. To me, these are three major tribe struggling and fighting for Supiriority. Whenever any of the three is loosing, he shout Marginalization.

During Jonathan govt, the Igbos were gaining and were in control and were happy. The Yoruba were losing and were shouting Marginalization. The hausa/fulani were not happy because they were not fully in control. For the North we can slightly understand because in the 16years of democracy (May 1999 to May 2015) the south ruled 13.3years while the North had just 2.7years

The Igbo don't love south south more than the hausa or Yoruba love us. All the three tribe are all struggling for the control of south south oil. None of the three is better than the other as far as we south south are concern.

The only place south south nationalities agree with Igbo is Nigeria should divide. However while south south clamour for succession is base on lack of true fiscal Federalism, on the other hand, igbo clamour for succession is base on IGBO BORN TO RULE, CONTROL AND EXPLOIT MENTALITY. Igbo make noise and claim d north have born to rule mentality because of Sokoto State former motto of born to rule which they have change. The People with the true born to rule mentality are d Igbo. it is because they are not having thier way that they are complaining and making all d noise all over Nigeria.

But how and why Nigeria will and should divide, what we want and what they want is as different as d distance of the earth to d moon.

South south want thier own freedom. we will support Biafra as Igbo only nation while they should support us to form our own nation or nations. But trying to add us as an appendage to Biafra will never happen.

If south south join Biafra, our individual identities will be wiped out in less than 50years. They will convert every south south nationality to Igbo. And they will so much take charge of the oil and resources with reckless abandon without any regard to d minorities.

LET EVERYONE FORMS HIS OWN NATION. SOUTH SOUTH NATIONS DONT WANT IGBO, YORUBA OR HAUSA IN THIER NATION. WE DONT WANT ANY DOMINANT TRIBE TO CONTROL US IF OR WHEN NIGERIA DIVIDE.

They will argue that there are some igbo in rivers state, delta state and edo state. As far as i am concern Igbo speaking people in south south will join Niger delta republic or confederation. Their are Hausa people in Niger, there are Yoruba people in Benin Republic and Togo. Does that make those yoruba and hausa speaking people in those countries Nigerians?

The south south nationalities can form a confederation with United Arab Emirate template, where seven different nationalities came together to form a confederation with each nationality having some form of autonomy.

if the south east want to join the confederation they can join. We can't leave nigeria and go and form another normal single country were there is a dominant tribe. That will be moving from frying pan to fire.

Just like the United Ararb emirate asked qatar and behrain to join them, but qatar and behrain choose to form thier individual countries.

What Biafra represent is a single country with a powerful centre where a dominant tribe can control. South south dont want that. If we must fight or struggle for succession, we need a new name like "United State of niger delta" or any other name which clearly shows a union rather than a single country.

We need to set the record straight before south south nations make the mistake of south Sudan. It is more than Four years south sudan left
sudan to form thier country. Since that time south sudan has been in War while North Sudan enjoy peace. This was because nations in
south sudan came together to form a single country without ensuring that thier difference in ethnicity was fully discuss. Some
part of south sudan are now feeling marginalized. That is exactly what will happen if Igbo succeed in forcing south south nations into
Biafra. That so called Biafra wont have peace. It will be another Somalia!!!!

For peace to rain let Igbo form Biafra from the Five south east state and let the the six states in south south form a confederation or seperate nations. Anything outside this will never work.

I do not hate Igbo people. Many of my friends are Igbo. I only hate thier deceit and greed. what is good for the goose is good for the gander.
What we dont want is a dominant tribe simple. If south south join Biafra, that country will be 60% Igbo. How do you think other minorities can compete in that kind of country? Whether we like it or not we both know that Igbo are not diplomatic people by nature. That will lead to complete extinction of other tribe. in less than 50years they will make the whole Biafra Ibo without any consideration.

I dont hate Igbo. But i hate when i know the Biafra they seek is a Biafra with current south south as an appendage to it.
Why cant they support our freedom, and we will support thier freedom. Why do igbo make it look like it is wrong for Niger Delta people to seek thier own freedom outside Biafra? In biafra current south south minority will be like conquered people. God forbid that to happen.

a quote from Isaac Adaka Boro Autobiography (wriiten himself). Read Chapter 5 - Campus Politics
http://www.adakaboro.org/the12dayrev/chapter-5-campus-politics.
This was the campaign statement of his opponent for UNN SUG presidency:
"My opponent, Ejiogu, took the floor when I had finished, and what did he say? "Ladies and gentleman, this is a crucial time in Nigeria when we should not allow a vocal minority to rule an obvious majority.
These words still ring in my memory because, as my opponent put it, they are crucial not only to me but to my people, the Ijaws. Most of the alien students walked out of the hall and it seemed as if a spell was cast on the atmosphere. The campaigns ended solemnly and the result of the election was again one way. Ejiogu won with his majority. The last minute strategy. A Cameroonian friend of mine, John Ngole, promptly resigned his secretaryship of the Historical Society in protest."

I am very sure that Nigeria will divide faster if Igbo seek Biafra with 5 south east state alone and Niger delta republic seek a country with the 6 South south states alone at the same time. Once the Hausa and Yoruba sees that Igbo are supporting a Niger Delta republic separate from Biafra, they will see it as true struggle. But if the struggle is about Biafra with south south in it, where Igbo will gain south south resources with Yoruba and Hausa loosing out, I bet you until South South oil finishes, Nigeria wont divide.

We don't need to form a single country with Igbo, we can seek for our separate nation on two front simultaneously but not on one front.
What we need is cooperation from Igbo not togetherness with Igbo. If they truly want to leave Nigeria and liberate Niger delta people from dominant tribes, they should support us to form our nation as they form thiers. I bet you when that happen, the struggle will be half won.

The Ojukwu Biafra was Igbo dream not Ijaw, Esan, Urhobo, Itsekiri, Ikwerre, ogoni, ibibio, etc dream.

In summary, my point is if Nigeria will divide peacefully by United Nations referendum, south south will not join Biafra. South South will form its own nation/nations. The only way south south and south east will form a single country like Biafra is if Nigeria divide by War because population will be important in size of Army.

My Igbo neighbour may not like this submission, but it is the bitter truth

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ijaw Rejected Biafra -Ijaw People's Association 2008 Speech-Sam-James Miriki by yorubatic: 3:03pm On Aug 23, 2015
atbu1983:

You this Igbo imposter. You are Igbo. you created a profile 2 days ago, to indirectly support Biafra by impersonating as Yoruba. Your fake propaganda has failed.
You are a coward. You are afraid of the truth. I am a truth teller...I am yoruba Christian and I know the evil the likes of you are doing.... you called me igbo because that's how the likes of you operate. ..hiding under the "we ss", "I'm igbo " and make evil propaganda ....

I am all for sophisticated and progressive Odu'a republic. ...fight for your arewastan. ..we are different from your evil north...we are peace loving people
You are an ab.o.ki, you are not from Edo or yoruba. ..I hate jihadist
Re: Why Ijaw Rejected Biafra -Ijaw People's Association 2008 Speech-Sam-James Miriki by Sweetlemon(f): 3:09pm On Aug 23, 2015
atbu1983:

I think I agree with you. He's not Yoruba. If you notice he's been insulting both SS and SE in a deliberate attempt to unite us against the Yorubas.

NL tribalists are crazy sha. Awon omo oloshi jati jati.
Truly jobless people are the devils workshop. Fear them!
Re: Why Ijaw Rejected Biafra -Ijaw People's Association 2008 Speech-Sam-James Miriki by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 23, 2015
Sweetlemon:

I think I agree with you. He's not Yoruba. If you notice he's been insulting both SS and SE in a deliberate attempt to unite us against the Yorubas.

NL tribalists are crazy sha. Awon omo olosh jati jati.
Truly jobless people are the devils workshop. Fear them!

Don't mind the guy. he thinks everybody is naïve. He is a die hard Biafra agitator. he is not even smart the way he went about it. it was so easy to spot it
Re: Why Ijaw Rejected Biafra -Ijaw People's Association 2008 Speech-Sam-James Miriki by revolt(m): 3:58pm On Aug 23, 2015
atbu1983:
Why South South Nations Won't Join Biafra. South South nations will rather form thier Own Confederation or seperate Nations

Igbo are using the support they gave to Jonathan in 2015 election as blackmail to convert Niger delta struggle to Biafra. This deception will not work. They only supported Jonathan because they got alot of appointments under Jonathan. They are just selfish and greedy people. Niger Delta Struggle is completely different from Biafra agitation. Igbo supported Obasanjo against thier own son and Hero Ojukwu in 2003 election, they should go and claim yoruba instead.

As far as I am concern IGBO, YORUBA and HAUSA are all benefitting from the current system. Afterall an IGBO man Gen Agunyi Ironsi created the Unitary System for Nigeria in 1966 that we are complaining against today. When Isaac Adaka Boro wanted to form Ijaw Nation Republic in 1966 it was Igbo Head of State Gen Agunyi Ironsi that fought him with a 12 days war.

The Igbo claim to be one of us because some south south states were part of the old Eastern region. First of all, eastern region was created by Nigeria for Nigeria convenience. It was not a decision of the nationalities that made up the old eastern region. Secondly before most people forget, today edo and delta state were never at anytime part of eastern region. edo and delta were first Western region later became Midwestern region, then change to Bendel state before becoming edo and delta state today. some tribes speak Yoruba in edo and delta state. why is Yoruba not claiming edo and delta state the way Igbo is claiming rivers and delta states because some people speak ibo in those states?

Igbo may have succeeded in brainwashing some south south people that they are one of us, it is a big lie. They may have succeeded in brainwashing some of us that only hausa and Yoruba is the problem of south south, it is a big lie. They are the same as far as I am concern.

The problem with Igbo is greed, self-entitlement and born to rule, control and exploit mentality. Qatar is smaller than Bayelsa in Population and half d size of Bayelsa state by landmass. Bayelsa is four times the size of Sigapore. if Qatar and Sigapore can be a country, why cant we have an Ijaw nation as a country? Do u think Ijaw people dont want to be like qatar and enjoy thier oil alone like Qatar does? Note: Bayelsa State is d smallest state in the south south by population and second to the last by landmass!!

Below is the size of south south states and south east states. South South is almost 3times the size of south East.
Yet the population of South east is almost 80% of south south population base on 2006 census. But by the time you add igbo who are currently leaving outside south east, you will discover that thier population is more than all the south south put together. More than 90% of the resources (oil, gas, limestones,etc) are in the south south. The whole of South East is landlock with no direct access to the sea or atlantic ocean. but almost all the south south states have direct assess to the sea and atlantic ocean. Some we say they have River Niger. River Niger is not a sea or an ocean for big Ships.

Tell me why South South Nations will want to form a country with south east if they have a choice ? all south east will bring to the table is population and domination? The total oil production from south east is not up to 10% of south south oil production!

If you are the leader of south south nations will you advice them to form a country with south east if they have the option of forming their own country alone? give a sincere answer?

As far as I am concern, as unbrainwashed south south , there is no difference between the Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa. To me, these are three major tribe struggling and fighting for Supiriority. Whenever any of the three is loosing, he shout Marginalization.

During Jonathan govt, the Igbos were gaining and were in control and were happy. The Yoruba were losing and were shouting Marginalization. The hausa/fulani were not happy because they were not fully in control. For the North we can slightly understand because in the 16years of democracy (May 1999 to May 2015) the south ruled 13.3years while the North had just 2.7years

The Igbo don't love south south more than the hausa or Yoruba love us. All the three tribe are all struggling for the control of south south oil. None of the three is better than the other as far as we south south are concern.

The only place south south nationalities agree with Igbo is Nigeria should divide. However while south south clamour for succession is base on lack of true fiscal Federalism, on the other hand, igbo clamour for succession is base on IGBO BORN TO RULE, CONTROL AND EXPLOIT MENTALITY. Igbo make noise and claim d north have born to rule mentality because of Sokoto State former motto of born to rule which they have change. The People with the true born to rule mentality are d Igbo. it is because they are not having thier way that they are complaining and making all d noise all over Nigeria.

But how and why Nigeria will and should divide, what we want and what they want is as different as d distance of the earth to d moon.

South south want thier own freedom. we will support Biafra as Igbo only nation while they should support us to form our own nation or nations. But trying to add us as an appendage to Biafra will never happen.

If south south join Biafra, our individual identities will be wiped out in less than 50years. They will convert every south south nationality to Igbo. And they will so much take charge of the oil and resources with reckless abandon without any regard to d minorities.

LET EVERYONE FORMS HIS OWN NATION. SOUTH SOUTH NATIONS DONT WANT IGBO, YORUBA OR HAUSA IN THIER NATION. WE DONT WANT ANY DOMINANT TRIBE TO CONTROL US IF OR WHEN NIGERIA DIVIDE.

They will argue that there are some igbo in rivers state, delta state and edo state. As far as i am concern Igbo speaking people in south south will join Niger delta republic or confederation. Their are Hausa people in Niger, there are Yoruba people in Benin Republic and Togo. Does that make those yoruba and hausa speaking people in those countries Nigerians?

The south south nationalities can form a confederation with United Arab Emirate template, where seven different nationalities came together to form a confederation with each nationality having some form of autonomy.

if the south east want to join the confederation they can join. We can't leave nigeria and go and form another normal single country were there is a dominant tribe. That will be moving from frying pan to fire.

Just like the United Ararb emirate asked qatar and behrain to join them, but qatar and behrain choose to form thier individual countries.

What Biafra represent is a single country with a powerful centre where a dominant tribe can control. South south dont want that. If we must fight or struggle for succession, we need a new name like "United State of niger delta" or any other name which clearly shows a union rather than a single country.

We need to set the record straight before south south nations make the mistake of south Sudan. It is more than Four years south sudan left
sudan to form thier country. Since that time south sudan has been in War while North Sudan enjoy peace. This was because nations in
south sudan came together to form a single country without ensuring that thier difference in ethnicity was fully discuss. Some
part of south sudan are now feeling marginalized. That is exactly what will happen if Igbo succeed in forcing south south nations into

For peace to rain let Igbo form Biafra from the Five south east state and let the the six states in south south form a confederation or seperate nations. Anything outside this will never work.

I do not hate Igbo people. Many of my friends are Igbo. I only hate thier deceit and greed. what is good for the goose is good for the gander.
What we dont want is a dominant tribe simple. If south south join Biafra, that country will be 60% Igbo. How do you think other minorities can compete in that kind of country? Whether we like it or not we both know that Igbo are not diplomatic people by nature. That will lead to complete extinction of other tribe. in less than 50years they will make the whole Biafra Ibo without any consideration.

I dont hate Igbo. But i hate when i know the Biafra they seek is a Biafra with current south south as an appendage to it.
Why cant they support our freedom, and we will support thier freedom. Why do igbo make it look like it is wrong for Niger Delta people to seek thier own freedom outside Biafra? In biafra current south south minority will be like conquered people. God forbid that to happen.

a quote from Isaac Adaka Boro Autobiography (wriiten himself). Read Chapter 5 - Campus Politics
"My opponent, Ejiogu, took the floor when I had finished, and what did he say? "Ladies and gentleman, this is a crucial time in Nigeria when we should not allow a vocal minority to rule an obvious majority.
These words still ring in my memory because, as my opponent put it, they are crucial not only to me but to my people, the Ijaws. Most of the alien students walked out of the hall and it seemed as if a spell was cast on the atmosphere. The campaigns ended solemnly and the result of the election was again one way. Ejiogu won with his majority. The last minute strategy. A Cameroonian friend of mine, John Ngole, promptly resigned his secretaryship of the Historical Society in protest."

I am very sure that Nigeria will divide faster if Igbo seek Biafra with 5 south east state alone and Niger delta republic seek a country with the 6 South south states alone at the same time. Once the Hausa and Yoruba sees that Igbo are supporting a Niger Delta republic separate from Biafra, they will see it as true struggle. But if the struggle is about Biafra with south south in it, where Igbo will gain south south resources with Yoruba and Hausa loosing out, I bet you until South South oil finishes, Nigeria wont divide.

The Ojukwu Biafra was Igbo dream not Ijaw, Esan, Urhobo, Itsekiri, Ikwerre, ogoni, ibibio, etc dream.

In summary, my point is if Nigeria will divide peacefully by United Nations referendum, south south will not join Biafra. South South will form its own nation/nations. The only way south south and south east will form a single country like Biafra is if Nigeria divide by War because population will be important in size of Army.

THE ONLY THING THT MADE SENSE IN UR WRITE UP IS YOUR SUMMARY....cos u started thinking fron there. Errm are you thinking nigeria woyld let go of ss or se wthout a fight?

You people reason like villagers.. Pls is oil relevant to us all? the 10% u claimed se produces can comfortably take care of the whole region, with resource control in place. And as usual you forgot that coal, STEEL, gas deposits, ariable lands, HUMAN resource in abundance, education, etc are what makes nations poweful.

ppl likeu dnt evn knw why our economy fell in gejs adminstration......US stopped buying our oil and were in chaos..and yet ppl like u still dreaming about oil wealth.

TAKE NOTE PLSS...SE DID NOT SUPPORT GEJ because OF ANY LOUSY OIL DREAMS(WHICH WE DO POSSESS IN LARGE QUANTITY CONTRARY TO WHAT YOU THINK), we saw some hope in resource control. we are industrious ppl whom are seeking ways to break free from the LAND USE act.

we need all the help we can get, both local an international, wete not even looking for politicalpower, we just want an enviroment free from subsidies, quota systems, dullard families dominating and controlling the economy, an enviroment our potentials can blosoom, where meritocracy reigns,where science and technology isnt called aba made.

its funny you made refrence to 6 ss states may i ask the faith of my kith an kin that mke up over 30% of ss?

PLS LOOK AT MOST OF OUR BILLIONAIRE SONS THEIR WEALTH ISNT FROM OIL CONTRACTS. we dont need the oil. we knw those ppl tht mke forbes list with oil contracts.

1 Like

Re: Why Ijaw Rejected Biafra -Ijaw People's Association 2008 Speech-Sam-James Miriki by oloyede252(m): 5:17pm On Aug 23, 2015
atbu1983:

a

1 Like

Re: Why Ijaw Rejected Biafra -Ijaw People's Association 2008 Speech-Sam-James Miriki by Nobody: 7:21am On Dec 07, 2016
Igbos of southsouth wil join igbo nation
Re: Why Ijaw Rejected Biafra -Ijaw People's Association 2008 Speech-Sam-James Miriki by drefe2real: 5:27pm On Sep 07, 2017

You are spot on bro
I keep saying it the Igbo's are not different from the Hausas; they are even worse. No sane Niger Delta will support Biafra. What are they bringing to the table? Nothing but population and domination as you rightly said. They just want to replace the Hausa's in controlling the Niger Delta resources.

They will be shoutingNigeria is a forced marriage up and down. Did the Igbo's consult the Urhobos, Ijaws, Edo's, Efiks, Ibibios, Itsekiris Isokos, and the other tribes in the Niger Delta region before including them in the Biafra map? Why do they think the South South people don't want their own country? Between sharing of the resources between the six Niger Delta states and sharing between the 11 proposed Biafra states, which is the better option for the Niger Delta people? Anyone with half brain will know the better choice. That's the choice the Niger Delta will take when the time come. Niger Delta don't have any business with Biafra. We will be far better off on our own.

1 Like

Re: Why Ijaw Rejected Biafra -Ijaw People's Association 2008 Speech-Sam-James Miriki by drefe2real: 5:30pm On Sep 07, 2017

You are spot on bro. I keep saying it the Igbo's are not different from the Hausas; they are even worse. No sane Niger Delta will support Biafra. What are they bringing to the table? Nothing but population and domination as you rightly said. They just want to replace the Hausa's in controlling the Niger Delta resources.

They will be shoutingNigeria is a forced marriage up and down. Did the Igbo's consult the Urhobos, Ijaws, Edo's, Efiks, Ibibios, Itsekiris Isokos, and the other tribes in the Niger Delta region before including them in the Biafra map? Why do they think the South South people don't want their own country? Between sharing of the resources between the six Niger Delta states and sharing between the 11 proposed Biafra states, which is the better option for the Niger Delta people? Anyone with half brain will know the better choice. That's the choice the Niger Delta will take when the time come. Niger Delta don't have any business with Biafra. We will be far better off on our own.
Re: Why Ijaw Rejected Biafra -Ijaw People's Association 2008 Speech-Sam-James Miriki by attackgat: 5:56pm On Sep 07, 2017
drefe2real:

They will be shoutingNigeria is a forced marriage up and down. Did the Igbo's consult the Urhobos, Ijaws, Edo's, Efiks, Ibibios, Itsekiris Isokos, and the other tribes in the Niger Delta region before including them in the Biafra map?

How many of them did you consult before including them in South/South?

Why do they think the South South people don't want their own country?

Because nobody is agitating for that. When people want their own country, they take to the streets, wave their flags and colours and let the world know they want freedom. Only Biafrans are doing this.

Between sharing of the resources between the six Niger Delta states and sharing between the 11 proposed Biafra states, which is the better option for the Niger Delta people?

Well since nobody is saying anything about any Niger Delta country, the question should be between sharing revenue between the 11 proposed states and the 36 states of Nigeria plus Abuja, which one is better?

Anyone with half brain will know the better choice. That's the choice the Niger Delta will take when the time come. Niger Delta don't have any business with Biafra. We will be far better off on our own.

Well if you guys are better off on your own, start doing something about or shut up and remain part of Nigeria forever.
Re: Why Ijaw Rejected Biafra -Ijaw People's Association 2008 Speech-Sam-James Miriki by nasoeb: 7:05pm On Sep 07, 2017
Happiness87:
when Yorubas begin to drink panadol on your case, know that its pinching them wella hahaha.

Attention: FYI, all those claiming to be SS but Against BIAFRA are sponsored, some are Yorubas trying to create factions

you folks dont and will never ever learn and thats why you all (your tribe) will keep failing.
you always want to speak your own and speak for the others. why must you think that just because something seem okay to you means the others have no choise but to accept it. because you want as to be included in biafra doesnt mean it must be just because you want/say so. and SS people dont have the right to accept or reject it. what will it cost your type to listen and find out why they dont want to be in biafra and try to alleviate their fears and assure them it is well if you realy reapect them.
silly irritating characters like yours made SS reject the igbos and it will keep happening because of the arrogance of the average igbo man.
Am an Ijaw man and a proud one at that. Ordinarily I dont have problems with the igbos but personaly I will not join your biafra and the fortunate thing is I share similar ideology with my fellow Ijaws and most SS people. if you like dont take my words for it, but go into town and ask, NO SSner (except for maybe most of the delta igbos) will want to join biafra.
we are all in this country, lets watch and see. I dont need to campaign against biafra. but you will see that if this country breaks up, the Ijaws will NEVER EVER join the igbos.
come back and thank me later and have a lovely day bro.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Has The Hausa Nation Done For Nigeria / UPDATED: Gumsu Sani-Abacha Exposes Lady Asking For Her Husband's Number / Senator Godswill Abot Akpabio Is The New Senate Majority Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 234
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.