Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,074 members, 7,814,723 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks (44275 Views)

Senators Crack Jokes Over Buhari’s Remarks On Wife / Breaking News ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks / ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by OPCNAIRALAND: 7:44pm On Aug 23, 2015
RickyTan:

Hello Brother - the debate is not whether Lagos had kings or not. We know the answer. Lagos is historical Yoruba land and Yorubas had kings way back when. The issue is that Lagos The Mega City - that we all love and are proud off became Lagos because of certain things that NO other part of Nigeria or City in Nigeria enjoyed. It was exclusive to Lagos - it became designated as Nigeria's capital city.

Now it has shifted to Abuja and Abuja has blossomed.

We are not debating history. We know the history.
Today Lagos is a Mega City and Lagosians are varied. It is a fact.

Diversity is everywhere but Ibos are in Lagos at the mercy and compassion of Yorubas. Simple!

1 Like

Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 23, 2015
iammrjohnson:
am yoruba and i know that was a silly,unwise and racist statement by the king..

nigeria works because most yorubas go to school,most ibos are into business and most hausa are in the military and also into farming,many other tribes into different sectors that makes nigeria work as a nation

although we might survive on our own,there's a lot of advantage in our unity

p.s: d ibo people castigating the king should do same to those shouting biafra, many of them have made worse racist utterances than the king here on nl and outside..racism is wrong no matter who commits it

Friend, you started off well but didn't end quite well.
No matter how the message of RB and its proponent may sound bitter to you, it can't measure up with the hate messages Hausa-Fulani-Kanuri people have been reeling out from their mosques and radio channel for many decades. Pray, tell me, is it a crime to seek for self-determination?
Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by kernel501: 7:44pm On Aug 23, 2015
neocortex:

You were making reasonable comments before you delved into
tribal bigotry.
Oba Akiolu goofed with his statement but that doesn't give
you the right to cast aspersion on an entire group of people.

I respect your approach even though l dön't know you. The guy refered to my tribe without any exception clause which is derogatory and highly offensive.
Inspite of our differences, some Yoruba people are exceptionally good.
Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by Nobody: 7:45pm On Aug 23, 2015
RickyTan:

Brother - did i say Lagos was "no man's land?" I said Lagos - the mega city belongs to every Nigerian. We know the history of Lagos. It is historical Yoruba land but it blossomed into a mega city because of Nigerian resources and because it was designated Federal capital. Same thing happened to Abuja.
bro Lagos was never a Yoruba land ....... Aworis The first occupants of Lagos said they are not yorubas

4 Likes

Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by Jobos(m): 7:45pm On Aug 23, 2015
RickyTan:

Hello Brother - the debate is not whether Lagos had kings or not. We know the answer. Lagos is historical Yoruba land and Yorubas had kings way back when. The issue is that Lagos The Mega City - that we all love and are proud off became Lagos because of certain things that NO other part of Nigeria or City in Nigeria enjoyed. It was exclusive to Lagos - it became designated as Nigeria's capital city.

Now it has shifted to Abuja and Abuja has blossomed.

We are not debating history. We know the history.
Today Lagos is a Mega City and Lagosians are varied. It is a fact.
Leave inside it , enjoy your business and make your money. Remember it was only lagos and sw state that allow igbo regain thier property after civil war, norterner claimed all in their domain.
Nobody should call lagos no mans land. Abuja also belong to a tribe from niger and nassarawa state. Thanks
Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by flokii: 7:47pm On Aug 23, 2015
Nashoji:
you are a full time coward. your Fulani masters can't even dare it, not to talk of their slaves.

Okay let"s say I agree.. why does ur tribe not run to the fulanis instead.. why do ur women come down to d west to spread legs for yorubas WHY?
or shld I remind you that FFK bleeped Bianca bfore Ojukoju abi eetin d heediot call himself grin
Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by flokii: 7:47pm On Aug 23, 2015
Nashoji:
you are a full time coward. your Fulani masters can't even dare it, not to talk of their slaves.

Okay let"s say I agree.. why does ur tribe not run to the fulanis instead.. why do ur women come down to d west to spread legs for yorubas WHY?
or shld I remind you that FFK bleeped Bianca bfore Ojukoju abi wetin d heediot call himself grin
Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by OPCNAIRALAND: 7:47pm On Aug 23, 2015
Shame on Ibo......the only people in Nigeria whose leaders go to a foreign land to hold meeting and discuss the future of their land and people. Landless refugees!

4 Likes

Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by OPCNAIRALAND: 7:50pm On Aug 23, 2015
Lemon12:
bro Lagos was never a Yoruba land ....... Aworis The first occupants of Lagos said they are not yorubas

Aworis are from Umuahia....is that more pleasing to.you? Aworis speak a dialect of Ibo. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by Jobos(m): 7:51pm On Aug 23, 2015
Lemon12:
Then Awori must be igbo or hausa , the land still belong to some people but not igbo .
Come think of it , hausa or fulani never make such statement .

3 Likes

Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 23, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:
Shame on Ibo......the only people in Nigeria whose leaders go to a foreign land to hold meeting and discuss the future of their land and people. Landless refugees!

Bigot, were you caught napping when Nnamidi Kanu came to Aba in May this 2015 to mark an anniversary day with his people?
When did your god Tinubu return to Nigeria after an imposed self-exile during the Abacha regime? Where was Tinubu meeting with other Nadeco members during the despotic reign?

Please, find some other story to tell.
Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by aresa: 7:53pm On Aug 23, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Goon. Lagos is a no man's land. Deal with that

If Lagos is really a no man's land, then you should be able to step in and take over from the obaship to all the arms of government, all the traditional institutions, the dominant food and culture, media and entertainment, financial institutions, commerce and industries and so on..

You know the reason why you can not do all that? Because it belongs to the the owners and the folks in charge of Lagos state.

Common sense dictates that you should be able to take what belongs to nobody, but you clowns just shout and wail idiotic slogans that you don't even know the meaning of..

Your silly slogan is just a slogan, it means nothing, you are just too shallow and empty to figure it out or see the stupidity behind your meaningless slogan.......
Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by mkoabiola: 7:55pm On Aug 23, 2015
Now d investigation has commenced,ds will make d igbos to b happpy abi
It wil wake d ndiigbo have a sigh of relief
Dey ar all comedians

1 Like

Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by Femolacaster(m): 7:57pm On Aug 23, 2015
Just look at how some uncultured mor0nic dingbats from a tribe that has no regard for elders, are running their mouth anyhow.
OBA AKIOLU, YOU WILL LIVE LONG IN GOOD HEALTH ON EARTH,
May thousands of evil, calamities befall any flatthead that wish you dead or wish you bad thing.....iseeeee!
NDI ARA
Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by Nobody: 7:57pm On Aug 23, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

Aworis are from Umuahia....is that more pleasing to.you? Aworis speak a dialect of Ibo. grin grin grin
Lagos belong to neither Igbos nor Yorubas ...... That's why it's called no mans land

Pls this Yoruba man Awori people have rejected u .... Leave em alone ...... Why no go and reclaim Illorin??

1 Like

Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by flokii: 7:57pm On Aug 23, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

no mind dem... dem go soon claim land for U.S say na dem wan rule there... m jst watching patiently in 5D
I kuku trust oyinbos dem.. na nuclear bomb dem go use wipe dem out

1 Like

Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 23, 2015
omenka:
Imagine the devilish hypocrisy of those people.

When you are done reading, you can go to hell in 75 different ways.

Omenka, are you from Benue state?
Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by SeverusSnape(m): 7:58pm On Aug 23, 2015
aresa:

[s]If Lagos is really a no man's land, then you should be able to step in and take over from the obaship to all the arms of government, all the traditional institutions, the dominant food and culture, media and entertainment, financial institutions, commerce and industries and so on..

You know the reason why you can not do all that? Because it belongs to the the owners and the folks in charge of Lagos state.

Common sense dictates that you should be able to take what belongs to nobody, but you clowns just shout and wail idiotic slogans that you don't even know the meaning of..

Your silly slogan is just a slogan, it means nothing, you are just too shallow and empty to figure it out or see the stupidity behind your meaningless slogan.......[/s]

Minion, I can feel your pains, Oba Akiolu remains an ewedu and amala munching monster and idiotic fellow.

Lagos remains a no man's land. No more issues

7 Likes

Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 23, 2015
Jobos:

Then Awori must be igbo or hausa , the land still belong to some people but not igbo .
bt those people the land belong to are not yorubas right??

Btw when are u reclaiming Illorin??

1 Like

Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 23, 2015
Femolacaster:
Just look at how some uncultured mor0nic dingbats from a tribe that has no regard for elders, are running their mouth anyhow.
OBA AKIOLU, YOU WILL LIVE LONG IN GOOD HEALTH ON EARTH,
May thousands of evil, calamities befall any flatthead that wish you dead or wish you bad thing.....iseeeee!
NDI ARA

What a consolation!

1 Like

Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 23, 2015
Jobos:

Yorubas always finding a way to drag other tribes along to stand a change of withstanding Igbos (so they usually think) and above all ass-licking their slave master...

"And let me tell you that in the event of the breakup of this country, Ilorin and Offa will remain 100 % Northern Nigeria and not one each of land will be ceded to yorubas".- Junaid Mohammed.
http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/main-square/69271-north-ready-nigeria-s-breakup-if-junaid-muhammed.html
Your Fulani slave master has spoken, Yoruba slaves like your loudmouthed self can only but cheer him. It's your destiny on earth.  grin grin

1 Like

Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by aresa: 8:04pm On Aug 23, 2015
[s]
SeverusSnape:

Minion, I can feel your pains, Oba Akiolu remains an ewedu and amala munching monster and idiotic fellow.

Lagos remains a no man's land. No more issues
[/s]

Typical boring village nonsense...

1 Like

Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by flokii: 8:05pm On Aug 23, 2015
Lemon12:
bt those people the land belong to are not yorubas right??

Btw when are u reclaiming Illorin??

we are waiting for Asari Dokubo, Tompolo and d likes to lead d way as machineries
shebi they recently purchased weapons.. 'onyi ara' watever dat means.
Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by RickyTan: 8:07pm On Aug 23, 2015
Jobos:

Your iboland cant develop beyond you because you dont sell land to non-igbo but lease. Let see what happen all your properties in Lagos after you biafra succeded.

Brother - if you notice i believe in facts and logical reasoning. Your statements above are devoid of both. You are just throwing childish tantrums.
Biafra is nothing to me. I am Nigerian.
Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by omenka(m): 8:16pm On Aug 23, 2015
FrankAba1:

Omenka, are you from Benue state?
Yes I am. So??
Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by doublewisdom: 8:16pm On Aug 23, 2015
PrinceBundu:

He has to kneel with his both knees on the bare floor with sack clothes,then say: Oh mighty tribe of igbo,the king tribe of africa,I apologize to you that I will never in my useless life, dare utter such words from my stinking unwashed mouth that I solely swear that will be partial and justifiably as I rule the dirtiest city in world, and I use this opportunity to ask for forgiveness from the amadioha the god of the igbos to spare my filthy soul for threatening his people ,so help me mami water
cheesy grin cheesy grin you be crase o
I don laff belle tear o.
Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by Sylvester70(m): 8:17pm On Aug 23, 2015
one hidden thing about the igbos is that they hardly forgive and forget unless u say sorry, why we are still angry at the oba unlike nigeria is that they felt no remorse for what they did simple and their precious ego will be their downfall
Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by AikayDaWrapper(m): 8:17pm On Aug 23, 2015
Jobos:

hat was never a statement but fact , which ever tribe you come i believe you know your dos and dont. Lagos still remains yorubaland.
Tell igbo to learn kano killing upon all igbo investment in kano. You cant rule people in their land. Other tribe accomodate you to trade and make money. You want to slap them with your money.

Let your icc humilate our Oba, igbo are in for suck.
Statements like this just prove how tribalism has killed Nigeria more than corruption.

Feck the Yorubas, feck the ibos, feck the hausas. You're all Nigerians. Accept the fact or hug any transformer near you.
Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by doublewisdom: 8:19pm On Aug 23, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Damn!...I saw that thread, but didn't bother to click. So she ( chowlade ) is a yoruba fetish sorceress??...little wonder!

Chowlade, emancipate yourself from slavery. grin

Lest I forget; Lagos still remains a NO MAN'S LAND
Several demons fvk her every night.

2 Likes

Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by Neplusultra(f): 8:21pm On Aug 23, 2015
Hehehehehe!!! Wot can I say grin cheesy
Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by millionaireman: 8:23pm On Aug 23, 2015
Rotimi47:
As usual, Subjective people may not like the truth but the protest lead to Obasanjo a Yoruba man becoming President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. NADECO, AFENIFERE etc stood their ground, though some like kudirat, pa afread rewane who is an ishekiri( cousins to Yoruba tribe ) got killed but they got a Yoruba as President.

Lol, is Obasanjo a true Yoruba?

Olu Falae was Yoruba choice for President in 1999; but Yoruba's masters in Arewa made their choice of Obasanjo.

Get prepared. Yoruba may have to engage in protest again when Baba Buhari leaves and a Yoruba is not succeeding Buhari - as Yoruba planned, and which made Yoruba pitch tent with APC/Buhari last election.

It appears producing president for Nigeria is now a trophy for your lot.
Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by Emilokoiyawon: 8:26pm On Aug 23, 2015
cool cool cool

grin grin grin

Hausa man comes to Lagos: he does his business/minds his business/ a make his millions.

Bini man comes to Lagos:he does his business/minds his business/ a make his millions.

Itshekiri man comes to Lagos:he does his business/minds his business/ a make his millions.

Tiv man comes to Lagos:he does his business/minds his business/ a make his millions.

Igala man comes to Lagos:he does his business/minds his business/ a make his millions.

All these people find a way to respect the culture and people of Lagos (the Yorubas) without much incident.

But..............................

Igbo man comes to Lagos: as soon as he makes some small change from selling fake drugs/spare parts and he begins to say "Lagos is no man's land," deliberately inciting the people of Lagos

So tell me which among these various tribe is sensible, wise and deserving of respect? grin grin grin grin

cool cool cool Pashon ta fi na iya ile na la ma fi na iyawo ti asiko ba to cool cool

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

Buhari Appoints Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New SSS Director-general / NDDC: Kemebradikumo Pondei Walks Out On Reps / Abba Kyari And His Police Team Carry Out Successful Operation. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.